OMG. There are SO MANY calories in....

Options

Replies

• cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My go-to snack....Snickers! holy smokes, a regular bar has 280 cals. Granted, a lot of the fat is from the peanuts, so it's "good", but I had to cut out my daily snickers to a 1-2x a week reward now.
  • Purplegal
    Purplegal Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    The smallest value fries at Burger King...I got them with my salad and later discovered 220 calories for that tiny amount....the same amount as my entire salad. Geesh!
  • am_lowe
    am_lowe Posts: 113
    Options
    my sad moment was with twizzlers. i could easily eat 6 -8 in a sitting. there's 40 calories in just 1! and the sugar! it's like a tsp of sugar in 1 twizzler!!

my husband's shock was outback's ribs... 1580 in a rack! not to mention the beer that goes with it...:sad:
  • Lkors
    Lkors Posts: 5
    Options
    BREAD! The bread my family buys is 110 calories a slice. I convinced my mom to buy me the Sara Lee Delitefuls bread that is 45 calories a slice. Unfortunately my brother thinks it tastes better, so I usually don't get any :|

I also find this helps with the PB problem. The slices are so tiny that you really can't fit more than a tbsp per slice.
  • Arynamber
    Arynamber Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Craisins :(
  • Aintplayin
    Aintplayin Posts: 102
    Options
    Queso and chips at a mexican resturant. I looked it up once and it was like over 2000 calories. -silent sob-
    WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?! No more for me :sad:
  • Aintplayin
    Aintplayin Posts: 102
    Options
    Chili at Steak and Shake-440 calories in a CUP plus 1010 mg of sodium!!!

Don't get me started on sodium either!
    WOW.. who would have thought that?
  • Metalzombie
    Options
    Chevy's deep fried ice-cream dessert = 1900 calories. Holy FSM!

Also: Never knew it even existed but it reminded me of a Kids In The Hall episode (which was hilarious btw) -- deep fried butter. 2k+ calories! What the hell?! WHO WOULD EAT THIS ATROCITY!!! People make me sick sometimes lol
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    my sad moment was with twizzlers. i could easily eat 6 -8 in a sitting. there's 40 calories in just 1! and the sugar! it's like a tsp of sugar in 1 twizzler!!

my husband's shock was outback's ribs... 1580 in a rack! not to mention the beer that goes with it...:sad:

The count on twizzlers freaked me out at Halloween. I really thought they were a good choice :-(
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Chili's Classic Turkey Sandwich = 1340 calories and 63 grams of fat. This is a turkey sandwich people! I didn't check first, but ordered thinking it was more healthy than anything else on the menu. When I went home and looked it up, I was so mad I haven't been back.

Pretty much anything at chili's.... Don't even look at the desserts...
    Also as already been said the cheesecake factory everything is ridiculous!
    Same for Ted's montana grill, it is wrong on SO many levels that a salad can have 1100 calories +
  • seearainbow
    seearainbow Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great topic! I'm just realizing how many calories are in most any fast food choice that I would ever pick just on my own. I know this seems simple, but I didn't realize just HOW many calories I was eating! I see how it pays to be prepared if you're going to eat out. Look at a menu and the nutritional facts first if you can. I could easily eat over a days worth of calories in just one meal more than once a day eating out and I didn't think I ate that much compared to other people when I go out!
  • Tinabeena73
    Options
    Ditto with the olive oil. Before MFP I used to bring salads for lunch. I thought I was being healthy, with 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil! I got caught up in the "it's a healthy fat" without paying attention to the calories.
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Milk Duds. I ate the little tiny Halloween size. Which has 3 or 4 milk duds in it. Guess how many calories...wait for it, wait for it...170 calories. For 3 milk duds. That's more calories than half of a giant snickers bar! Try to do the right thing by having a tiny bite size thing, and bam! They fool you. Next time, I'm having a junk food craving...I'll just have half of a snickers bar.

You were misinformed. The teeny box only has 54 cals in it. (Which is still a lot for 3 or 4 milk duds, but much better.) The bigger box (comparable to a full-size single serving candy bar) has 230, and there are supposed to be 13 pcs in there, so about 18 calories per ball.

ETA, sadly, I might be the world's foremost expert on how many calories are in chocolate Halloween candy. Years of experience.
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Another thing that irritates me is the amount of sodium that is put into foods! YIKES
    Especially if it's labeled "low fat"! Low Fat items should come with a warning label about the extra sodium. Geesh!

So true!
  • Kcham817
    Kcham817 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I ate a baked apple pie from McDonalds today..the damage 250 calories! (stupid me for not checking MFP first).
  • BrilliantLove
    BrilliantLove Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Coca-Cola! ...Diet Coke is great but still can't beat the "real thing"

Also the calories in regular Yuengling and Miller beer make me weep
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Beware of Panera Bread Soups and Sandwiches! They get billed as good and healthy....not so much. They have it all on line. Same goes for one of my former favorites, Noodles & Company. BUT here's the thing, I have LEARNED enough so that if I really want to eat their food, I plan to do it. I have a small dish, instead of the large, and then I work hard that day to defeat the calories. I have LOST weight in weeks that I have eaten at Noodles & Co.

SO, MFP ROCKS! It has helped me to learn about what is in what I am eating, HOW to eat the things that I like, in moderation, and STILL lose weight!! Woo hoo!!
  • omgitsgarry
    omgitsgarry Posts: 138
    Options
    I saw this cupcake in 7/11 that were 530 calores for 1/4 of the thing. I promptly put it back on the shelf and grabbed some popchips.
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Burger king double cheeseburger.........pizza over 250 per slice .....and the sodium in chinese and soy sauce knocked me off my chair
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    things on my banned list:
    sweet tea at resturants or sodas that are not diet. Rather have a beer if I am going to drink my calories
    chicken taco shell salad (about 1000 cals) . just did this today...so its newly banned
    Chips and salsa at a mexican resturant. (300-400 cals for 10-15 chips)
    almost all gluten free sandwich bread (finally found one that is under 100 cals a slice and its like 2 inches big).
    EVOO unless ABSOULTELY necessary. (doesnt matter that its "good fat" a calorie is a calorie)
    Margaritas: 500 cals for a 12 oz ..and 12 oz is a tease
    McAlisters Spuds: (full size) 1500 calories or more