Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Outback Blooming Onion...sigh!
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Had to go and inform me of McAllister's spuds - darn - I love those things - good thing I've avoided there, mostly because of the tea - I cannot go without it, but the calories are so not worth it.

I found out last night - Red Lobster's Lobster, artichoke and seafood dip - I figured it was high, but never dreamed 1200 calories. I hope that included the chips, but it's not broken down, so I claimed half, my husband the other half - even though our girls ate chips too and we didn't finish it (which is a good thing). The fried shrimps I had too weren't anything to be excited about either - luckily it was our splurge night, but it's the first time in over 2 months that we have gone that far over on calories!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    My eyes were opened at Subway today. :( They finally had a nutritional guide and I saw the 9 grain honey oat bread is 260 (instead of 210 for regular wheat). Light mayo was 50 for 1 tbsp, and they gob SO much on, it's 100 cals easy. Want cheese and bacon to make that turkey taste better? Fork over 100 calories please. My intention was the 280 turkey sub. My actual sub was 530 calories. Huge difference. HUGE. :(
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    DQ chicken strip basket. Eesh. But it's soooooo yummy. I haven't had one since mid-January... the night that I ate one and logged it and almost passed out when I saw how far it put me over on like every number. :-/

i have no idea the actual calorie count on that, but back in the WW days I learned it would require my ENTIRE DAY'S WORTH OF POINTS. So sad.... because I loved that meal. It's been YEARS since I've eaten it. Just not worth it! (But I agree with you - sooooooo yummy.)
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    DQ chicken strip basket....FOUR piece.....1360
  • Piccachu
    Piccachu Posts: 22
    Options
    I was trying to look for the least harmful item on the Boston Pizza menu and came across this!!!

Spicy Italian Penne 1,420kcal, 76g fat and 2,430mg sodium

WOW
  • RHOyalT
    RHOyalT Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    A Super Sonic cheeseburger (with mayo) from Sonic Drive In....1270 calories!!! I used to eat these things with a large order of tater tots and a soda with NO problem and would still want a milkshake! Ohhhh...my arteries hurt! :sick:
  • spatticus
    spatticus Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised no one said macaroni & cheese! I make it for my son but I can't have any! It doesn't matter what brand or how I make it its too many cals!
  • lep_623
    lep_623 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    a small caramal frappe from mcd's is like 500-600 calories... so i have now become addicted to the lite caramel frappe from starbucks, the small has 90 calories, medium has like 130 and a large has only around 200 :D
  • lep_623
    lep_623 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    surprisingly a small/regular tot from sonic only has 200 calories... a small frie from mcdonald's has almost 300... so if i crave fries, i get tots from sonice and it satisfies me pluss those claories are easier to burn off :)
  • Chalktawmom
    Chalktawmom Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Nuts drive me nuts! SO many calories in something so natural and healthy!!!! Cashews, almonds, pecans...it doesn't matter. All of em loaded with calories. AND granola! Same stinkin thing. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    I usually check the calories on my Iphone app., makes it easier to make better food choices. Sodium was the biggest surprise for me!!

My favorite Good Times spoonbender (like a blizzard, for those that don't have Good Times) is the chocolate peanut one, and a small is like 790 cals!! I ususally buy one and eat half, and freeze it for the next day. Still a lot, but it is sooo good and Good Times uses natural ingredients in their custard.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    bubble tea.. usually around 500 for a 12oz serving, and usually servings are WAY bigger than that. I freaking love the stuff though, so I splurge once in awhile =)
  • Sweetlost
    Sweetlost Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You will be surprise at the sodium and sugar content of some fat free and low fat items.That is y it is better to eat the real stuff but in moderation. Thank God for MFP!!!!
  • embym
    embym Posts: 65
    Options
    I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but: POPTARTS!

They're like two little pieces of cardboard, but yet one package is over 400 calories! I don't even know how they fit so many calories into such a little space.
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    You will be surprise at the sodium and sugar content of some fat free and low fat items.That is y it is better to eat the real stuff but in moderation. Thank God for MFP!!!!

Amen!!!
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    not sure on the exact figures but i was shocked to see that the kfc twister has more calories than the zinger burger.

also the tortillas at subway have more calories, fat, carbs and sodium than the white bread.

all this time i thought that those 2 were the healthier options.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Dayquil: 70 calories per dose
  • naebear99
    naebear99 Posts: 73
    Options
    I went to BJs last night with my husband. They put calorie counts on their menu. There was next to nothing on it under 1200 calories. My pasta with shrimp scampi ran 1370! I didn't eat anywhere near even half of it, but I was shocked because in the past, I might easily have packed away at least half, if not 2/3 of it.
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Dried cherries.... 180cal for a 1/4 cup!!!!! WHAT???? so sad because I thought I was being healthy. Also went to Johnny Rockets with the fiance last week and ordered what i thought would be a small burger.... 880cal later i wanted to cry!!!