OMG. There are SO MANY calories in....

Options

Replies

• chasing_130
    chasing_130 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Shamrock Shakes from McDonald's. Ughhhh.

I LOVE them, but there are 550 calories in a 16 oz. one.
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTER.... crazy amount of calories whenever you could have PB2: the best thing ever invented. AND it's deliiiiiiiiiicious

Where do you get PB2? I have never heard of it.
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    This site will open your eyes to just how many calories are in certain things. I was shocked at the calories in salad dressing! My favorite had 180 calories in 3 tablespoons!! And I used way more than that! The great thing is, you learn as you go along. You see how many calories is in something and then next time you can make a healthier choice. Its good to know whats in you are eating...great job being calorie conscious.

I learned a great way to dress your salad without so many calories. For a medium sized salad use 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp cirtus juice of your choice. I have been hooked on using lemon juice lately. It is so tasty and so few calories. I even use it with chicken sometimes as a marinade.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Queso and chips at a mexican resturant. I looked it up once and it was like over 2000 calories. -silent sob-

OMG! Thats the reason I go, lol. In fact we are going for my daughters bday this friday!
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    rice and/or pasta - and you can forget drowning them in butter! :brokenheart:

I know what you mean......I miss pasta so much :sad:
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options

Here is something REALLY intresting

Bob Evans Grilled Salmon w/plain baked potato and Broccli 481 Cals

Bob Evans Potato Crusted Flounder w/plain baked potato and Broccli 415 Cals How is something that is OBVIOUSLY pan fried with a potato crust fewer cals then something grilled?

Salmon has 1/3 more calories than flounder
    depending on the serving size, those calories would more than add up and make up for it.
  • tamiller93
    tamiller93 Posts: 195
    Options
    Nutella! Man that stuff is just pure evil. I could eat it alone straight from the jar... Yikes!
  • shanhawk
    shanhawk Posts: 44
    Options
    The Pork Salad with EVERYTHING from Cafe Rio!! It's 1160 cals. That's just CRAZY!!! But oh soo good!!
  • Beth_1217
    Beth_1217 Posts: 29
    Options
    I really loved Perkins' Chicken Crisp Melt... as a matter of fact, I'm salivating just thinking about it.... oh so yummy w/bacon, pepper Jack cheese, honey mustard and a side of fries.... 1400+ calories.... :noway:
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

What other calorie counts just blow your mind?

EVERYTHING!

Pasta & Rice was an eye opener. Bread also, just by making a small change to the bread I buy has helped my half my calorie intake for a sandwich.

Pizza is a shocker too - an average thin base frozen pizza is nearly 1000 calories, I used to eat them for fun!

I think it should be illegal to sell some things! In the Asda [Walmart] you can't even get to the Fruit & Veg aisle without walking passed a huge box (24 or 36 individual bags) of Walkers crisps [Leys chips] for £3-£4. It should be outlawed.
  • Anathema13
    Options
    I absolutely love salad. It's great for my calorie count. Unfortunately, the ranch I love to put on it is is not.
  • ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    What is PB2?
  • missie21
    missie21 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Caramel Frappe from McDonalds :(

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm the best!!!!
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    All food in the restaurants is ridiculous. Pull you your favorite restaraunt and pull up their nutritional menu...You will be mortified at the calories and fat and sodium that most of the food has. Very little good food choices...unless it is specifically weight watchers menu, or low cal...best thing to do..cook at home
  • Macacadopai
    Macacadopai Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm getting SOOOO HUNGRY reading this!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I have to ask - what is PB2? I love PB and cry everytime I measure out one Tbsp.
  • sooh2011
    sooh2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Also, Cheesecake factory...I know its bad, so the past 2 times I've gone, I've just ordered the thai lettuce wraps as a meal (they are normally an appetizer to share)...I'm thinking, Oh its lettuce, grlled chicken, some noodles and veggies can't be bad...WRONG...its like 1500 calories...i'm assuming they infuse it with either lard, butter, magic, or both. haha.
    [/quote]

(the above is a quote that doesn't seem to have 'quoted' properly)

Yes, seriously, what *do* they do to it to make it so high in calories? I keep reading on here about the calories in a restaurant salad....what is it that makes them so high?
  • linsben
    linsben Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Swiss chalet fries:(
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Calorie counts that have LITERALLY made me sick to my stomache:

Cinnabon - Regular Caramel Pecanbun - 1,110 calories. I used to get one of these for breakfast on work days. Sometimes I'd eat TWO. No one told me I was eating my calories for the entire day AND THEN SOME.

Cold Stone Creamery - Anything that isn't a 'smoothie' in 'like it' size. No, seriously. Their 'Sinless Shakes'? Not one under 490 calories. Want a Shake in 'like it' [their smallest size]? You'll be forking over a MINIMUM of 1,000 calories [Savory Strawberry]

Little Ceaser's Pepperoni Pizza ... 280 calories a slice. Not bad .... until you consider that I used to eat 4 slices in a sitting. 1,120 calories there. Did that ONCE after I started my diet, thinking that Pizza couldn't POSSIBLY be too high in calories [okay, I was delusional] I won't eat there now.
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Rice and pasta aren't that bad, really, when you think about it. Sure they are calorie intensive, but rice has little to NO fat. Same thing goes for wheat pasta.

If you really want something good, try potato gnocchi...1 cup goes great with a meat, some sauce, onions and peppers. Then you're only looking at like 350 calories for a meal. And it's very filling.