A lot to lose & over 40? Lets start a group(20 memebers max

Options

Replies

• akaDumbo
    akaDumbo Posts: 187
    Options
    Saving the muffin to include it in tomorrows calories that's what I call a triumph well done Katzpawz.

My Thursday triumph is having exercised for 4 days in a row for the first time ever in my life.

I decided to try using my bike as a cross trainer today but I couldn't even do it for 1 minute so I went back to using it as a bike. I thought I would up my calorie burn by punching the air at the same time but my HRM kept beeping at me because my heart rate kept going hire than it is meant to be possible. My maximum heart rate possible should be 168 for my age but it was 208 at one point so I went back to just cycling. I did manage to do my half marathon again so that is 65 miles so far this week :bigsmile:
  • Jojo42
    Jojo42 Posts: 223
    Options
    Oh I am so loving hearing all your stories, I want to thank everyone for being so open. I have loved all the triumphs!! Geddon(as my daughters would say!), we are pretty amazing huh.

I have had a pretty busy day with visitors and have been out for lunch. I was taken to an old rustic mill besides a river and was very confident in asking for a tailor made low carb salald. The chef obliged and that for me was a triumph. I am a people pleaser I guess and putting anybody out is not my way, but hey I paid a lot of money for those chopped veggies!!

My other triumph is that I am still here and as focused as ever :)

Have a lovely evening everyone. x Joanna
  • Jojo42
    Options
    Busy day today!! We had to travel to the opposite side of Greater London today for part of our visa renewal process. It's been a tiring day, but a small price to pay for getting to live here for another two years!

On that note: we did not have the best food choices available to us while we were out. We ended up in a sandwich shop and each had a meatball wrap. I haven't looked up the calories yet (I'm a little afraid to) but we also did do a lot of walking.

And a funny thing happened on our way home. We passed a bakery on the way into the train station. It was the only place that we could get beverages for the train (bottled water, not soda). Without even thinking about it, we each ordered a water and a chocolate muffin. When we got on the train, we wondered what the heck we were doing. We have carried the muffins home and will work them into our calorie allotments tomorrow. We absolutely got the muffins out of habit, not because we were hungry. That's something I'll have to remember in the future. Don't go into automatic mode where food is concerned!

By the way, my partner has joined MFP and we're supporting each other. We usually do a better job than today with the muffins.

Cheers,
    katzpawz

A true test of willpower!!
  • gabbygirl37_2001
    gabbygirl37_2001 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    HI everyone..............today is triumph day???? I was sitting here thinking that I don't really have anything to post. I then decided that my triumph is just the fact the I have been doing this for 17 days now, and I have logged in every single day. Being aware of what Im putting into my mouth instead of eating without a brain. I suppose thats a small triumph right?
  • Jojo42
    Options
    :smile:
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Just a quick drop by to read the latest posts in between projects...

Christy - congratulations on the NSV (non-scale victory). It is always so nice when others notice the loss. Makes all the hard work seem worthwhile!

akaDumbo - great job with exercising 4 consecutive days!!! And mind that HRM - we do not want you stroking out on us from over-taxing your heart!

Katzpawz - I agree with aka, not scarfing down the muffin and recognizing the need to be vigilent around foods are huge triumphs!!! Also, congrats on getting to continue living in England.

L - great job avoiding your favorite treats!!! I avoid those for the most part, but I decided that if I deprive myself entirely, I will eventually snap and go on a horrible binge. So I allow myself a treat every so often (within my calories of course) and it has so far kept me from going of the rails for the past 4 months that I have been counting calories. By the way, how much imperial is a stone?
  • cassieinor
    cassieinor Posts: 584
    Options
    Hey Everyone! Happy St. Patrick's Day!
    Just a quick check in here.... It's too early yet to think about my Thursday Triumphs. Hope everyone is having a great day.
    I'm off to the grocery store....last minute plans......for a corned beef brisket to go with my cabbage for tonites dinner. After chatting last nite with my son's girlfriend.....my GrandBaby Mama.....we decided to do dinner tonite at my house. Gonna have corned beef & cabbage, green salad, and a rice dish. Don't know anything else Irish except potatoes & baking soda biscuits....duh. this is not something I make but maybe on this holiday.....too salty. But I'll be ok with it....eating real lite all day til dinner. I'm looking forward to seeing my Baby Girl......may we can keep her overnite.
    Anyway....I'll check in a bit later. Be kewl today everyone......don't eat too much salty stuff or too much green beer...LOL. BE SAFE WHATEVER YA DO!
    Catch ya all later.
  • christyrussell2
    christyrussell2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    HI everyone..............today is triumph day???? I was sitting here thinking that I don't really have anything to post. I then decided that my triumph is just the fact the I have been doing this for 17 days now, and I have logged in every single day. Being aware of what Im putting into my mouth instead of eating without a brain. I suppose thats a small triumph right?

You bet that's a triump! Being aware of what you are eating is a huge challenge. Congrats! :flowerforyou:

:heart: Christy
  • TamDTam
    TamDTam Posts: 115
    Options
    am I too late to join?? im 42 with 100+ to lose....
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Me again! sneaking in durring lunch to post my triumph: I hit 12 glass of water yesterday WHEW! It actually wasn't hard, but even though I stopped drinking water an hour before I left work, I still had to run to the restroom when I got home! Thank goodness I didn't hit traffic, I surely would have had an accident!

Also, for the last 100 years or so, I have made cornedbeef tacos. It's a play on cornedbeef and cabbage since I am a 1/4 Irish and 3/4 Mexican. They are sooo yummy and SO unhealthy that today is the frist time in forever that I will not be making them. I'm kinda sad about it, yet I know it's for the best.

Also, I seriously need a "cheat sheat" to remember everyone- and there are only 20 of us! I am printing out the list with everyone's name so I can be better at encouraging everyone!
  • anita_elsakhawy
    Options
    I definately fit that catagory. Even though i've already lost 75 (for the THIRD time) I still have another 45 to go and I'm 47yrs old so count me in!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    Happy St Patricks Day, Hope everyone is having a good, healthy , active day. We got new furniture delivered this morning for our family room. We got a couch , loveseat, and chair and a half it is a brown and teal (small woven pattern), we also got 2 new end tables. I want to also get a lamp and get new curtains, then it will look very nice in their. It is nice to have a change once in awhile, it just makes you feel good.

Thursday Triump : I started mfp in mid july and have logged in everyday entering my food and exercise and have stuck with it even on the weeks that I have not lost. To me this is a big accomplishment. Also being able to walk and bike ride is a huge accomplishment. The first time that I went bike riding I went with my 11 yr old daughter and she said " I am so happy that you can ride bikes with me, you losing weight is one of the best things that has ever happened to our family " LOL . Now that is some serious motivation . Losing this weight has really changed my life, before there were days that I barely got out of bed because of the fibro
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    L- great triump not eating any cakes since January!! that is huge! good job going to the gym with men.....i am sure they are concentrating on themselves and probably don't even notice you! i could barely do 3 minutes on the elliptical when i started but i kept adding a minute every week till i got to 20

katzpawz- how nice to have your partner join MFP. the two of you will be unstoppable!! Good job resisting the muffin until you can plan for it. can't say i could have done that

jjustgo- i made a file of the names here and loved your title so i used it too

amy- thanks for sharing about your life and music. i wish i had some musical talent....i am one of those people who can't carry a tune in a bucket

sara- good job getting your A1C down...i sure hope the fibrate works for you. i know your weight loss will improve your labs as well

mainey- i cannot do any exercises while standing as my knees need replacing so i do most of the weights wile sitting

shelley- you have the most amazing workouts. i can't wait until i have the energy to do more and the money for a personal trainer!

sue- i am sure you can make good choices if you end up eating out tonight

MJ- hooray for exercising every day for 21 days!! you are on a roll!

jojo42- you were brave to ask for a tailor made salad when you were out....not sure that i could have done that...congrats!

Linda- hope you enjoy the sun today with your son!

gabbygirl- yes it is a triump to stick with this!! you are wll on your way

claudia- great job getting the water in!! it seems all i do all day is go to the washroom!! glad to hear you made it home in time to make it to the washroom! if i am going out i will plan my route by where i know there is a washroom i can easily get to

themommie- that is definitely a triump to bicycle with your daughter and to have logged on each day!! you go girl!!

christy- nice compliment abouthow your sweater fits!! feels great when other people notice doesn't it?

It is a beautiful sunny day here in british columbia and my daffodils are getting ready to bloom!! can't wait for some colour in my garden

karen
  • mainey65
    mainey65 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, Happy St. Paddy's Day! So, Thursday Triumphs huh, well I guess my triumph would be that I have been sticking to this for the past month and doing very well. Also I picked up my weights today for the first time in I dont know how long. Thanks to all of you for your inspiration! I figured, ok my knees are bad, but there is nothing wring with the upper part of my body so I started doing some arm exercises with my weights. Also I went to the grocery store with my husband and walked around for about 20 minutes. Usually I just send him to get whatr we need. We are making homemade pizza for dinner tonight. We try to make it as healthy as we can. Make a really thin crust, pile on the veggies and top with a little bit of cheese (I'd rather lather the cheese on but we must make some sacrifices and it still tastes great!) My knees are kinda sore from walking around the supermarket and no doubt my arm\s will be sore tomorrow, but it's worth it, right?
    I've really enjoyed reading all of your posts and getting to know everyone. Wow, now I know why Linda wanted to keep it to a number of 20 - I can't imagine trying to keep up with more than that. Hope everyone is having a great day. I'tt try to check in before bedtime. ttys, Charmaine
  • jjustjo
    jjustjo Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I love reading the posts and getting to know all you twits! hehe (Gee, I hope that is not offending anyone) I have been wavering badly the last few days, even tho I am still exercising like normal. My attitude towards my "diet" sucks. My kids hate this btw, but I have a 3 day pout rule. You have 3 days to pout, complain, cry whatever, then you have to pull yourself up and move on. My 3 days were over like a day or two ago! haha So my thursday triump....tomorrow I quit pouting and get down to business.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say HI today. Very busy. I don't think I will be able to catch up with you guys the way my week is going.

Have a good day!!:flowerforyou:
  • TamDTam
    TamDTam Posts: 115
    Options
    am I too late to join?? im 42 with 100+ to lose....

apparently I am too late

oh well, such is life.... it probably would make more sense to tell me ( or anyone else) "NO" here so the requests would stop...
  • jjustjo
    jjustjo Posts: 285 Member
    Options

Gabby girl! You are here and you are fantastic!! 17 days!! woohooo!! yeah yeah *dancing badly around the room* Celebrate ever little triumph like it's winning a gold medal!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    Daily Inspiration for March 15, 2011

Remind yourself healthy change is worth the discomfort.

To truly get beyond old, unhealthy eating patterns, you will need to change. Accepting that you need to change is the first step. Understanding that change will require you to be uncomfortable for awhile is the next step.

You can help yourself by using positive self talk. Remind yourself frequently that the discomfort you are feeling is temporary, and that eventually your new, healthier behaviors will feel completely normal and comfortable.

Action for the day: Gently allow yourself to feel the discomfort of change today. Find ways to comfort yourself other than with food. Praise yourself for the effort.
  • Sue_Smiles
    Sue_Smiles Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I printed off the sheet with everyone's name on it but one of the cats is lying on it. So, do I wing it or do I disturb the cat!? :laugh:
    Well, David brought home Chinese, I had vegetable fried rice and it was worth it! Haven't had it in a long time.

L - great job on the sweets, I haven't found a doughnut or coffeecake I can't refuse so I have to stay away.
    Christy - compliments are the best motivation, great job!
    Katzpawz - Great job saving the muffin until tomorrow when you can work it into your menu.
    Claudia - good thing you didn't hit traffic. 12 glasses of water is a lot! Congrats :drinker:
    Sheri - That's 2 HUGE triumphs! To log in everyday no matter what and spend more quality time with your daughter.
    Joanna - Great job on the salad, a little discomfort asking the waiter is worth a whole bunch of calories (I hope that came out right!)
    Charmaine - Yes ma'am it's worth it! Sometimes it's so hard to get going but then it feels so good when you see the results.
    Malias - 2 hours is incredible. Again it's great when you not only see, but feel the results of your hard work. Have you tried arthritis creams? I use ActiveOn for my back and it works wonders.
    Karen - the one time I tried the elliptical, I could only go backwards, it was hilarious. Great job!
    Sara - Exercise 4 days in a row is great and not easy! BTW,my daughter is allergic to gluten and raw fruits & vegetables. Since she's cut them out her IBS is gone. Don't know if you've tried it or not, just throwing it out there.
    Linda - I hope you had fun today with your son. Was the weather nice?
    Amy - Wow, you are a busy lady. I loved your story.
    Mellisa - You are an inspiration, I have a bad knee and that's why I ride instead of walk. I really admire your perseverance.
    Jackie - That's not a small triumph, its HUGE! :happy:
    Cassie - Good job working your dinner into your daily meal plan.

I'm sorry if I've missed anyone, even with the cheat sheet it's still hard to keep up. :)
    Niters everyone, I'll catch up with you tomorrow!