A lot to lose & over 40? Lets start a group(20 memebers max

Options

Replies

• malias
    malias Posts: 82
    Options
    I wholeheartedly agree with the "twit" comment. I didnt spend 8 years completing university degrees to be called a twit. But I am, and will always be a "girl"! : )
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Please keep thinking of names for our group to use as our new name. Just think we will be using this name for YEARS. Below is the names so far we have to vote for. Deadline for entering new name is Saturday @ noon (eastern time). Then we vote until Sunday @ midnight. All votes can be changed if you find a new one that you like. I will message each member after Saturday Noon...to make sure what you want as the new name is correct. Most voted name gets it. :smooched:

“A lot to lose…and over 40 - CLOSED GROUP
    “Twenty Twits – CLOSED GROUP”
    The Swinging Beauties Team - CLOSED GROUP
    The A-Team - CLOSED GROUP
    The DreamTeam - CLOSED GROUP
    The QueenBees - CLOSED GROUP
    The CoolBees - CLOSED GROUP
    The SoonToBe Slim Team - CLOSED GROUP
    The SlimDown Team - CLOSED GROUP
    The BBW Transformation - CLOSED GROUP (Big Beautiful Women)
    Transformation of the BBW - CLOSED GROUP (Big Beautiful Women)
    BBW's On a Mission to Healthy - CLOSED GROUP (Big Beautiful Women)
    World Wide Winning Women - CLOSED GROUP
    Happy to be Healthy - CLOSED GROUP
    Loving the Lighter Load - CLOSED GROUP
    A Healthy Home from Home. - CLOSED GROUP
    Geddon Girls - CLOSED GROUP
    Just A Handful - CLOSED GROUP
    Big And Beautiful - CLOSED GROUP
    Soon To Be Slim and Sexy - CLOSED GROUP
    Work In Progress - CLOSED GROUP
    Gym Beauties - CLOSED GROUP
    It is Never 2 Late - CLOSED GROUP
    Better Late Than Never - CLOSED GROUP
  • Sue_Smiles
    Sue_Smiles Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

I've been down with a cold all day, coughing and hacking. I got to feel better soon, it's the weekend!

@ Christy - Isn't it amazing how our tastes change?

@ Linda - I put fat-free milk in my oatmeal and coffee in the morning, other than that I rarely drink it anymore. We don't get a lot of sunshine in the winter here, so I take a calcium with D supplement, just had my vitamin D levels checked and it's fine.

@ Katzpaws - I'm so sorry to hear about your Chess. It's so hard to lose a close friend.

@ Claudia - I love Boca burgers, they are a good go-to meal. I'm going to have to make the breakfast sandwich, it sounds really good.
    Sorry about your car, I'm in the opposite situation, my daughter has my car until hers is fixed. Hopefully David can do it this weekend.

@ Mollie - I steam my asparagus, or grill it, both good options.

@ L - Sending up a prayer for both you and your friend.

As to the name - I vote we keep it the original "A lot to lose & over 40" It's the truth :smile:
    As for when, the earlier suggestion is best, it's whatever you think is best.

I'm going back to bed, I got weak today, ate like crap, but recorded it, tomorrow is another day.
  • Sue_Smiles
    Options
    oh, before I forget, has anyone ever checked out www.skinnytaste.com? Her recipes are delish! She posts calories (and I've noticed a lot of them are already in the database here)
  • mainey65
    mainey65 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I've been reading forever just to catch up on everyone. I guess that's my fault for only logging on at nearly 10pm. I have no excuse either. I've been off all week for March Break. I normally daycare my 6 year old nephew, Sam, but my sister took the week off to spend with him. I've been so lazy today - didn;'t do one bit of exercise. I'll get back on that tomorrow.
    \
    Friday Foods: I am one of those lucky people that just love vegetables. It wasn't always like this, but now I just love them, especially grilled. I also really love cheese. Now, I know cheese is good for you but I really have to watch my portions. As for milk, I never drink it, but I do eat yogurt. As for OJ and other juices, I was drinking way too much of them. I think that's how I gained alot of my weight so I stopped drinking them altogether and started drinking more water.

Katzpawz - so, so, sorry to hear about your beloved pet. I too, had a black lab as a pet growing up and it was so hard when we lost him.
    Jolene - sorry to hear about your doggy too. I hope things get better
    L - words can only say so much, but I feel for you and I hope your friend makes a full recovery.
    Karen - I wish I could call the gym my second home! Good for you!
    Claudia - your weekend sounds so busy You won't have to go to the gym! haha
    Linda - OMG, I don't know if I could have said no to the ice cream cone. Ice cream is one of my weaknesses. Way to go!
    Christy - I know what you mean when you went to McD's and couldn't wait to eat it and then when you did, it's like,"huh, I thought that tasted better than that."
    Cassie - you and I both got out and walked around the supermarket yesterday instead of just sending our husbands, good for us!
    Sara - thanx for the infor in vit. D and calcium.
    I know I didn't get everybody, but hey I am over 40 and the memory is not always good but I am thinking of everybody and wishing everyone a great weekend!
    As for the name of the group: I kinda like Geddon Girls just because it's different, but whatever we choose I'm good with.
    It dosen't matter to me when we change it, heck I just learned how to find a "thread" when we started this group...and Linda had to tell me how! hahaha!
  • ShellyBrew
    ShellyBrew Posts: 823
    Options
    Friday Foods...I have been on a smoothie kick this week, here is one that is delish, almost like a chocolate milkshake, or a mocha if you put some instant coffee grinds in it (I tried just coffee pre-made but then it is to watery/thin).

CHOCOLATE PEANUTBUTTER BANANA SMOOTHIES
    1 cup 1% milk (I use almond milk, lower calories)
    1 banana
    1 Tbs Peanutbutter (I sometimes I use protein powder instead/chocolate)
    1 Tbs Cocoa Powder (I use hersheys)
    5 Icecubes
    and vanilla to taste (I usually don't add this but helps sweaten alittle bit)
    about 300-350 calories

@Christy…. I had a similar experience with Taco Bell recently. I caved but then the taste was just not there; I could have made something healthier and more tasty. I also feel the same way about McD’s hamburger, they just don’t taste good anymore. See we are winning.

@Katz…big hugs, I just had to put one of my cats down about a month ago so I feel your sorrow. It is never easy but usually for the best. Hope you are doing OK.

@Linda….Thanks so much for keeping on track for us even with being so busy. Fingers crossed you get that “ME” time once spring break is over. As for the drinking calories, I sometimes do smoothies for breakfast but other than that it is all about the water. I have never been a milk or juice drinker. I do take vitamins daily.

@Claudia….Fingers crossed your daughter wins her games and that the rain stays away. Thanks for the brkfst ideas, I’ll have to try eggbeaters.

@L…(((hugs)))to you also. Congrats on the exercise, you are making great strides

@Karen…I so need the shirt, I have been feeling the pain all week.

@Sue…feel better soon, lots of rest…Oh and I really like skinnytaste.com!

MY Vote…I say start/change over once we decide on a name. I am torn between It is Never 2 Late - CLOSED GROUP and Better Late Than Never - CLOSED GROUP because they are both so true for me and things I say to myself all the time!

I am off to bed, hope everyone has a fabulous weekend. My plan is to be good food wise (fingers crossed) and go for walks since it is suppose to be so nice out.. I am also going to make some meal plans for the next week so I dont "slip" as much.

:heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: to All
  • cassieinor
    cassieinor Posts: 584
    Options
    quote]
    Not a stellar day for the fitness plan. We had to say goodbye to one of our dogs today. His name was Chess and he was a 14 year old black Labrador Retriever.

He was the one on the far left of the photo on my ticker.

katzpawz

Sorry to hear of your loss I know you will be missing Chess dreadfully. I had to have my Lucy (in the picture) put to sleep a few weeks ago so I can empathise with you. My 14 year old terrier Barnie still stands on the door step calling for her and searches the house for her every night.
    [/quote]

AkaDumbo....condolences to you too on the loss of your Lucy. Hopefully Barnie will settle down soon. Dogs grieve just like we do. Maybe give him a little extra TLC for awhile. I believe that puppy kisses make everything better.
    Take care
    Cassie
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Well another day down under 2000 calories. 7 days so far this month. If I can stay under tomorrow it will be 4 days this week. Or should I say today!:laugh: I have not lost any weight this week though.:grumble:

I made an appointment for a complete phyiscal Thursday. I know I may be going thru menapause since TOM is coming less and less. About every 3 months. Not to mention I have only had fast foods once this month also. So I should be losing more. Not sure but I want a full physical just to make sure.

BTW for those of you who do not know I am not at my ticker weight. Right now I am trying to get back to my ticker weight of 348. I will let you know when this is reached and then I will try to stay on track with ticker.

Have a good weekend all! I will probably be MIA tomorrow for sure! Keep the faith and remember success is never giving up on ourselves! We can and will do this!!: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

Hope everyone is doing well. Not a great day here. Just found out a dear friend who I saw on Tuesday has had massive stroke and is now in a coma.

Oh, I am sooo sorry to hear about your friend. I know your heart must be heavy. Stay well.
    karen
  • jjustjo
    jjustjo Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies, I could care less what we call ourselves, I am good with what everyone else wants. A label such as "twit" or "girl" has never held me back from achieving my goals. It's funny how we humans love labeling people and putting them in boxes. I have never been much of a box dweller, myself. Try labeling me and I will go out of my way to show you how wrong you are! haha

katzpawz: I am so sorry for your loss. We had to hear the "words" I've been dreading at the vet yesterday. "If" this doesn't work you will have to decided how far you want to take this......sigh. HUGS girlfriend!

Thanks everyone for the support. Yesterday was NOT a good day and my day didn't end until about 2 am when Hombre (our dog) finally stopped having seizures and pacing/panting and falling. Crossing my fingers, so far this morning he seems better. No seizures anyway, but still pacing some.

I am not really with it today, I will try and catch up with this thread later. Please forgive me.

-j
  • Jojo42
    Jojo42 Posts: 223
    Options
    I've just read through everyone's posts. I am so sorry for all the heartache. We all deal with so much on a day to day basis, is it any wonder we turn to food , the one constant, to comfort us. The fact that we are all here and making the effort to change things and still cope is testament to how AMAZING we are.

I read a thread yesterday saying that this site shouldn't be used to air our life problems, it is here for weight loss and fitness. How WRONG!! Groups like ours are here because before many of us "ate" our emotions. Here we have a safety valve. A way of just venting to people that understand and can empathise. We write on here instead of turning to that cake.:smooched:

I'm still home on sick leave after my operation, it has given me time to really change my eating habits, when I am back to work on Thursday, with the commute and long hours I will need to be super organised...that will be my mission for this week. Good fresh food in the fridge and packed lunches.

I wish you all a wonderful Saturday. :flowerforyou: Joanna
  • katzpawz
    katzpawz Posts: 754
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the kind words of comfort about the loss of our dog, Chess. Many of you have shared your own experiences of losing or caring for sick pets. Thank you for that. While this is the "downside" of pet ownership, it is such a small part compared to the joy they bring us. I wouldn't give anything for the memories I have of Chess and friendship he and I had.

I did log yesterday's calories, albeit it was this morning. We just aren't going to talk about it. It was a hard day, and I own that I didn't make the best choices. However, today, we went to the Royal Botanical Gardens at Kew Gardens here, near London. We walked nearly four miles and burned almost 800 calories! Hopefully, yesterday's debacle didn't cause too much damage.

I'm proud to say that I took my own advice after a bad day, and got right back on my fitness plan today!

Cheers,
    katzpawz
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all. Had a very late day yesterday, so just got on MFP about a 1/2 hours ago and been reading ever since! A friend of mine who broke her foot ended up with a pulmonary embolism in ICU. She is much better now, but confined to home, so we went out to visit her after work. I did not get home until midnight. Then, I fired up the Wii and did a 40 minute 1.8 mile walk to be sure and get my exercise in. After a bit of a calm down, went to bed and slept like a log.

Sue, sorry to hear you are under the weather. Wishes for a speedy recovery!

L, sorry about your friend. I hope she recovers quickly!

Mollie, congrats again on hitting your calories target. I am sure the scale will move soon because you are working it hard!

As for the name, I too am not too choosy as long as I get to participate. So, just count my vote along with the majority Linda. And I agree that whether to move us now or wait until it is "full" is up to you with the hassle of telling late-comers that the group is closed. Thanks again for putting us all together and keeping it going!!!

I will be back later today to catch up. My team is about to come out of 1/2 time in the NCAA tourney, so I need to run cheer them on.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone. :drinker: I hope you are all having a wonderful day. I got a late start this morning...Slept in and when I woke was in a rush to head to the YMCA for my son's karata and swimming lessons. Just arrived back home for a quick change and peek in here...then we are off for lunch/dinner. Not sure where we are going yet. But all I had time to grab this morning before heading out the door was a banana and a bottle of water...so I am hungry:tongue: ....but not going to snack now cause I will be eating high calorie and sodium at the restaurant.

Sooo haven't read over the posts yet or sent out the emails for name change..will get to that tonight and by Sunday @ midnight (eastern time) we will have our new name and most likely be moving to new thread.

Take Care and talk to you all later.
  • Sue_Smiles
    Options

I read a thread yesterday saying that this site shouldn't be used to air our life problems, it is here for weight loss and fitness. How WRONG!! Groups like ours are here because before many of us "ate" our emotions. Here we have a safety valve. A way of just venting to people that understand and can empathise. We write on here instead of turning to that cake.:smooched:

Wonderful words, beautifully expressed. Thank you. :love:
  • Sue_Smiles
    Options
    good afternoon ladies,

Still sick, worse than yesterday, I've been in bed all day. This is the 1st time I've been on-line. Just wanted to catch up on the posts.

I'm sitting here in the sunbeams with the cats in the living room, it's so nice and warm and fluffy :)

@Katzpawz - I'm so jealous! I'm a total Anglophile and going to London is definately on my bucket list. I hope the walk helped you find some solace.

Don't know if I'll be back on today so have a beautiful day
  • cassieinor
    Options
    Happy Saturday!!! Looks like everyone is either still asleep today, or everyone is out doin' stuff. I'm home cooking vegetable soup today. I'm mostly just being lazy today.....woke up to about 5 inches of snow on the yard. I was hoping to get out of the house today, but that's not happening. Maybe tomorrow.
    So I don't see too many of us voting on a name yet......if it's not too late to vote, I vote for either Queen Bees or Lots to Lose & Over 40. (CLOSED GROUP). I'm not too choosey as long as I get to be here. And the thread change is up to Linda as far as I'm concerned.

Jo- how's your dog today? Has he settled down some?

Joann- good idea organising and preparing for when you can pack lunches for work.....saves calories and money. Good job.

Katzpawz- glad you're having a better day today. Sounds like you went to a great place for a walk. Good job.

Sue- feel better soon.

Mollie- great job staying within your calorie goal.

MJ- sorry about your friend....sounds like a rough day.

Hope everyone else is having a great day. I'll be back later.
  • malias
    Options
    Hi all. Just thought I'd check in and say Happy Saturday. Is anyone going out to look at the Giant Moon tonight? They say it will be best at sunset , but should last well into the evening! I am going to a beautiful area north of Toronto to watch it come out. It will get me out of the house and away from the fridge!!! Have a great evening!
  • malias
    Options
    good afternoon ladies,

Still sick, worse than yesterday, I've been in bed all day. This is the 1st time I've been on-line. Just wanted to catch up on the posts.

I'm sitting here in the sunbeams with the cats in the living room, it's so nice and warm and fluffy :)

@Katzpawz - I'm so jealous! I'm a total Anglophile and going to London is definately on my bucket list. I hope the walk helped you find some solace.

Don't know if I'll be back on today so have a beautiful day

I hope you feel better very soon. Take good care of yourself!
  • cassieinor
    Options
    Hi all. Just thought I'd check in and say Happy Saturday. Is anyone going out to look at the Giant Moon tonight? They say it will be best at sunset , but should last well into the evening! I am going to a beautiful area north of Toronto to watch it come out. It will get me out of the house and away from the fridge!!! Have a great evening!

Malias.....I sure hope to get a look at the moon later......but here in Klamth Falls we've had snow for the last week. It snow & melts and then snows & melts some more. I woke up to about 5 inches this morning and that's not melting too fast. And we haven't seen much sun lately. Maybe the clouds will clear later.....we have a saying around here: if ya don't like the weather here, wait 20 minutes. Sooo true!

So I've thought about it all day.......what am I gonna post for my SATURDAY SHARING??? This is a tough one. Gonna have to get something on here soon.