A lot to lose & over 40? Lets start a group(20 memebers max

Options

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    I have some more suggestions for name of group if we start a new CLOSED GROUP.

The Swinging Beauties Team - CLOSED GROUP
    The A-Team - CLOSED GROUP
    The DreamTeam - CLOSED GROUP
    The QueenBees - CLOSED GROUP
    The CoolBees - CLOSED GROUP
    The SoonToBe Slim Team - CLOSED GROUP
    The SlimDown Team - CLOSED GROUP
    The BBW Transformation - CLOSED GROUP (Big Beautiful Women)
    Transformation of the BBW - CLOSED GROUP (Big Beautiful Women)
    BBW's On a Mission to Healthy - CLOSED GROUP (Big Beautiful Women)

My favorite so far is:
    BBW's on a Mission to be Healthy - CLOSED GROUP (Big Beautiful Women)

Any other suggestions? Can we vote on name after all suggestions are given? Now I am going to bed!:flowerforyou: I just kept thinking Twenty Twits and was not feeling that name at all.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    wow...this moves fast...just checking in to say that i am still alive...will try to write more later
    can i print the list off the posts?? or do i have to retype it??
    karen

Not sure if this is answered Karen but I copied the names and day topics in a word document and made the font bigger and printed off copies for home and work.
  • cassieinor
    cassieinor Posts: 584
    Options
    So right now i have the munchies and would like to eat something other than my allotted snack of carrots......so i came on here for some inspiration...whew...made it past that temptation...thanks all !!
    karen

Karen......what's wrong with carrots when ya got the munchies? It's a good safe snack especially when you've reached your calorie limit. I'm glad you came here for the inspiration. We can do this!!!
  • cassieinor
    Options
    I have some more suggestions for name of group if we start a new CLOSED GROUP.

My favorite so far is:
    BBW's on a Mission to be Healthy - CLOSED GROUP (Big Beautiful Women)

Any other suggestions? Can we vote on name after all suggestions are given? Now I am going to bed!:flowerforyou: I just kept thinking Twenty Twits and was not feeling that name at all.

Mollie......I like the Queen Bees.....
  • cassieinor
    Options
    Checking back in here. Had to take a break away from this cell phone screen. I don't care how large you make the fonts....it's still makes my eyes fuzzy. Aside from the fact that I need new glasses.

Charmaine.....glad you're sticking with this and for using those weights. You can do this. We can do this!

Jo....that's so funny about your 3 day rule. Glad you're past your third day tomorrow. I know....sometimes ya need a good pout or a screaming fit or something. Keep putting one foot in front of the other...we'll get there.

Sue....don't disturb the cat. We'll eventually learn each other's names. All the more reason to keep coming back here, right?

Linda.....glad you had a fun day with your son. I'mamazed you could just watch as your son ate his ice cream creation. I've had Coldstone...but my fave is Baskin Robbins. Needless to say....I don't even look in that direction as we drive past the local Baskin Robbins. That place calls my name. Kudos to you, girl!

I just know I've missed someone...please forgive. Keep up the good work Ladies. I think we have a good group here. We can do this.
    So I'm outa her for now. Gotta go finish my food diary. Cya all in the morning.
  • Jojo42
    Jojo42 Posts: 223
    Options
    Good morning everyone.. I'm getting to the point that I check this site first on my mobile phone when I wake up, rather than Facebook! It keeps me motivated and I truly do feel like I am on a journey with you all...and I don't want to let you all down , as well as myself.

Well its favourite food Friday and I have had a few revelations on my low CARB menu. My favourite meal was a dinner of mashed cauliflower (instead of potato)topped with garlic butter fresh scallops and steamed spinach and baby broccoli. The cauliflower was just delicious, real comfort food.
    My other was a breakfast of lightly boiled eggs with steamed buttered asparagus to dip in rather than bread. Is it any wonder I'm not missing my high carbs!
    Happy Friday everyone. X Joanna

P.s 'geddon' is an English kids version of 'get on' meaning well done! Maybe we could be the "Geddon girls" ! Personally I don't like the BBW label but maybe it's because here it's almost used as a sexual fetish :(
  • LM_105
    LM_105 Posts: 515 Member
    Options

L,
    I emailed Mike on how to post a excel spreadsheet. He seems to answer emails before he gets to post. I think they are overwhelmed right now. They did not know the site would be so popular. I will let you know when I hear something and I posted the question under FAQ also.

Thanks but I emailed Mike a few days ago about this myself. Happy to let you do the updates if you like, I don't feel precious about it and am not sure I could keep on top of it anyway?
  • Sue_Smiles
    Sue_Smiles Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Joanna - I love asparagus, I'll have to try that with my eggs next time. I also agree with Facebook, I'm checking this thread a lot more than FB. :)

Friday food day - With the snow almost melted around the grill I'm looking forward to another season of firing up the charcoal.
    Here's my favorite grill recipe. Question, how do you figure out the calories of a marinade?

1/4 cup lime juice
    1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
    1/4 cup EVOO
    1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
    1/2 tsp cumin (or more to taste)
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

combine and marinate for at least 30 minutes, discard the marinade and grill away. The flavor is wonderful!

Have a great (hopefully sunny) day!
  • jjustjo
    jjustjo Posts: 285 Member
    Options

P.s 'geddon' is an English kids version of 'get on' meaning well done! Maybe we could be the "Geddon girls" ! Personally I don't like the BBW label but maybe it's because here it's almost used as a sexual fetish :(

Geddon girls.....I like
  • jjustjo
    Options
    My poor lil doggie woke us up @ 5 am having another seizure. It's the third one in 2 months. The vet reassured us he is fine, so we just comfort him until its over. Nothing more we can do except put him on drugs which will make him out of it. We are not ready to do that yet.

Friday Foods: I am in love with the Hungry Girl website. My daughter gave me a HG cookbook for x-mas which I use alot also. My all time favorite is her Whole Chicken Enchilada Soup with some baked tortilla chips and fat free sour cream. You have to keep an eye on the sodium tho. I found a fat free- low sodium chicken broth which is the staple for all HG soups and it makes her recipes with less salt.
    The beany bacon soup was excellent! I made the PB brownies.....yum yum yum. I didn't know they made a sugar free brownie mix, but it is excellent also and made the HG brownies even lower in calories. And peanut butter: my favorite food! haha Because of hungry girl I found PB2 powdered peanut butter, which I adore! It needs alittle sweetner, but really good. 45 calories for 2 TBSP. woot woot!
  • jjustjo
    Options
    Question, how do you figure out the calories of a marinade? EXAMPLE ONLY

1/4 cup lime juice = 30 calories
    1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce= x calories
    1/4 cup EVOO= x calories
    1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes= x calories
    1/2 tsp cumin (or more to taste) = 0 calories

add total calories then divide by 4 (servings)

I add it to my meals then all you have to do is select it from that menu when you have it next

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Good Friday morning ladies! Hope everyone is having a great day. I woke up with a headache this morning - the temps got up to the mid 70s here yesterday and apparently it was rather warm upstairs in the bedroom overnight. It has eased off some now and I am looking forward to a bright & sunny day! Too bad I have to spend most of it indoors at work.

Favorite Food Friday - anything Mexican! I am pretty easy. One of my all-time fav healthy Mexican dishes is the green chicken enchiladas I made for dinner just last night. I also have a super easy slow cooker Mexican chicken recipe that makes a wonderful filling for tacos, tortillas, salads, etc.

It took me a bit this morning to read through all the posts and be able to comment, so if I missed anyone, know that I am thinking about you and wishing you a fabulous Friday!

Cassie – Glad the brisket turned out great. Sorry you did not get to spend some quality time with your little angel, but glad you will be seeing her this weekend. Good job on the grocery run!

Claudia – Congrats on hitting your water target and avoiding your typical St. Patrick’s tacos. Any chance you could substitute some ingredients and/or cooking method to lighten them up?

Sheri – Wow, what a powerful statement from your daughter – motivation indeed!!! Congrats on sticking with MFP since July and on the new furniture!

Joanna – Great job taking care of yourself by asking to have the salad your way! You need to be a priority!

Gabby – Awesome commitment!!! Definitely a triumph!

Charmaine – Nice job lifting your weights! That is super! And for getting some walking in at the grocery. I went for the first time in months in February and it was such a nice change of pace to be able to actually select food rather than just unpack the bags once my partner got home with them. The homemade pizza sounds yummy and healthy!

Jolene – Sorry you have been struggling but good for you for putting on your big girl panties and getting down to business! I am so sorry to hear about your poor canine baby! Hope the seizures decrease so that he does not have to have meds soon.

Mollie – Hope you get some time for yourself!

Sue – I hope your Chinese was yummy! It is my sweetie’s favorite cuisine! Thanks for posting the grill recipe. I love food done on the grill but seem to always make the same boring chicken – your marinade is sure to kick it up a notch!

Linda – Alright!!!! Way to ignore the temptation! You are a strong woman indeed! Glad you two had a great day!

L – What a touching story about your daughter’s ordeal and the positivity that came out of it. Thanks for sharing! Oh and thanks for clearing up “stone” for me!

Shelley – Awesome triumph! It is hard to get mentally in a place where we accept that we are in this for the long haul and that setbacks will occur but will not derail us. Congrats on getting yourself there!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

L,
    I emailed Mike on how to post a excel spreadsheet. He seems to answer emails before he gets to post. I think they are overwhelmed right now. They did not know the site would be so popular. I will let you know when I hear something and I posted the question under FAQ also.

Thanks but I emailed Mike a few days ago about this myself. Happy to let you do the updates if you like, I don't feel precious about it and am not sure I could keep on top of it anyway?

Sorry I was not volunteering to update a sheet L. I know I will not have time to track it at all. I just saw no one ever replied to your post and I want to know how to post pictures also. So I emailed him. I also asked one of the youngsters from the UK who is heading up a challenge I am in. I will post or email you instructions if I get therm.......:-)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Happy Friday!!! I hope I can check in more today from work but I doubt it! Next week the person I am back up for at work will be back from vacation. If not have a good day!!:flowerforyou: Hopefully I can catch up on shares this weekend but it is pretty packed also. I have spring cleaning, taxes, errands, etc.

Sometimes when my weekends are over I need to take Monday off to rest! :bigsmile: :laugh:

BTW - I like Queen Bees too.
  • LM_105
    LM_105 Posts: 515 Member
    Options

L,

Sorry I was not volunteering to update a sheet L. I know I will not have time to track it at all. I just saw no one ever replied to your post and I want to know how to post pictures also. So I emailed him. I also asked one of the youngsters from the UK who is heading up a challenge I am in. I will post or email you instructions if I get therm.......:-)

I have the instructions thanks, will let you have them in due course.
  • christyrussell2
    christyrussell2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Friday Foods

Last night my son had a baseball game that got over at 7:30. I didn't want to cook so opted for fast food. I've been craving a hamburger so I agreed to go to McDonald's. I was so excited but then ended up sooooo disappointed. It wasn't near as good as it was in my mind! Not even the fries! Believe me - I was VERY surprised but pleased because it seems that my taste for fast food has changed. I don't think I'll be craving it much any more. :tongue:

:heart: Christy
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    IMPORTANT PLEASE READ BOTTOM AND VOTE
    (if you are interested in your vote counting)

:blushing: Sorry another busy day here so far.:blushing: To be honest I want my son's March Break to be over. :laugh: So I can have my "ME" time.

Quickly read posts...sorry I am not responding to them all. One thing some of you mentioned was about making a CLOSED GROUP new thread because we have been having new people asking to join because they don't think we have our 20 members. I think this is a great idea.

Please Vote
    1. We need to pick a new name for the new thread. Some members have already come up with some great names we could choose from (posted at bottom of this) or anyone can make up your own. I will follow this for a day or two and pick the name that most of you voted for.

2. Do you want me to change to a new name NOW or WAIT until this one hits the end of page 20(around 500 posts) (all MFP threads automatically lock up and turn to thread #2 once you reach 500 posts).

So please vote for
    1. You favourite name
    2. Change the name now or wait

Thank you :flowerforyou:

EDITed to post the names so far members have come up with/ you can choose one or make one up yourself
    “A lot to lose…and over 40 (CLOSED GROUP)
    “Twenty Twits – CLOSED GROUP”
    World Wide Winning Women - CLOSED GROUP
    Happy to be Healthy - CLOSED GROUP
    Loving the Lighter Load - CLOSED GROUP
    A Healthy Home from Home. - CLOSED GROUP
  • akaDumbo
    akaDumbo Posts: 187
    Options
    I'm not very creative when it comes to names but would like it to be something positive no words like loser in it. I thought I should make a contribution so as we are from different countries how about all the Ws, World Wide Winning Women, or something cheerful like Happy to be Healthy, or simple like Loving the Lighter Load ( I was going to say Loving the Lighter Life but didn't want to be endorsing products particularly 1 that I dont agree with). As we are all going to be friends it could be A Healthy Home from Home.

I am happy to go along with whatever name others want the sentiment is much more important to me than the name
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! Just logging in to vote. I didn't see it on the list, but I really like joanna's "geddon girls". Also, I think we should just wait until we hit the 20-page mark to change. It won't be much longer, as we seem to be flying right along!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    IMPORTANT PLEASE READ BOTTOM AND VOTE
    (if you are interested in your vote counting)

Please Vote
    1. We need to pick a new name for the new thread. Some members have already come up with some great names we could choose from (posted at bottom of this) or anyone can make up your own. I will follow this for a day or two and pick the name that most of you voted for.

2. Do you want me to change to a new name NOW or WAIT until this one hits the end of page 20(around 500 posts) (all MFP threads automatically lock up and turn to thread #2 once you reach 500 posts).

So please vote for
    1. You favourite name
    2. Change the name now or wait

Thank you :flowerforyou:

Linda,

1. I am going to wait to vote on the name since we don't know how many more will be recommended. I like some of Sara's suggestions also and to be honest I can't decide but will vote before you close it out for sure. When will you close out the name and vote process. I feel the weekend or by Monday AM is long enough for all of us to get our votes in. It has to b4 the thread ends for sure and at the rate we are going it will not take long to get to 500.:wink:

2. I vote to wait until this thread ends.

Thanks!!