A lot to lose & over 40? Lets start a group(20 memebers max

Options

Replies

• gabbygirl37_2001
    gabbygirl37_2001 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    HI everyone.....my name is Jackie, nickname is Gabby, so you can call me either. :flowerforyou:
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Good morning group. I am so happy to be able to be a part of this group. Looking forward to getting to know everyone better and kick some serious pounds to the curve with you all!!!

Have a great day! I will be back in touch later today. :flowerforyou:
  • katzpawz
    katzpawz Posts: 754
    Options
    I'm just going to put this out there: I got my walk in today, 2 miles and 400 calories!!

Have a great day everyone!

katz
  • ThePinkSheep
    ThePinkSheep Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join the fun! I'm turning 45 in a couple of months and also 45 lbs is my WL goal
  • cassieinor
    cassieinor Posts: 584
    Options
    Good morning group! I've been awake and busy online here since 6a.m. ........busy trying to get everyone in our group added to my friends list. I'm a bit slow here since I am typing this from my cell phone....with two thumbs. I've just about got everone added. I'm pretty excited about our new smaller group. With about 200lbs to lose, I'm in this for the long haul.

So welcome to all of us! We can lose this weight together!

Cassie
  • cassieinor
    Options
    I'm just going to put this out there: I got my walk in today, 2 miles and 400 calories!!

Have a great day everyone!

katz

Good job Katzpaws! I'm not that ambitious......I'm still in bed & online.....having my coffee& half watchin my dog & cat romp all over the bed. (They are both under 1yr old.) But I AM getting everyone onto my friends list . Gotta get up soon and do some running around today. Have a good one!
  • malias
    malias Posts: 82
    Options
    Good morning all. May I ask a question? Does anyone suffer from severe back pain? If so, what do you do about it? I take a pain killer for my back but still cannot stand/walk for more than 10-15 minutes at a time. I really need to get in some exercise. Any suggestions?
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    just wanted to tell everyone a little about myself. I am a sahm of 7, only 3 still at home. And grandma to 4 one on the way. I did daycare for 6 yrs , then did fostercare for 7 yrs,. We adopted our 3 younger ones from the fostercare system. I also did homeschooling for 10 yrs. I was so busy taking care of everyone else that I got sick, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and hypothyroid, gaining alot of weight. So now you see why I choose the screen name themommie. LOL. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you. Please share
    my real name is sheri, but you call call me themommie or sheri
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    malias
    I suffer from fibromyalgia, so have severe pain all over. I would suggest starting out with swimming if you can. It is alot easier on the body and is a good exercise. If you cant then just try walking for 10 or 15 mins at a time 3xs a day and add more time slowly if you can. You can also look up exercises for people who are in wheelchairs. I hope this helps
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options

Awesome workout!!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. May I ask a question? Does anyone suffer from severe back pain? If so, what do you do about it? I take a pain killer for my back but still cannot stand/walk for more than 10-15 minutes at a time. I really need to get in some exercise. Any suggestions?

Malis,
    You may want to also check with a phyiscal therpist also.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Good morning group. I am so happy to be able to be a part of this group. Looking forward to getting to know everyone better and kick some serious pounds to the curve with you all!!!

Have a great day! I will be back in touch later today. :flowerforyou:

Congrats again MJ on your 4 pound weight loss today!! Awesome job!!:flowerforyou: I know you are going to have a good day today!!
  • cassieinor
    Options

Malias....I think I'm in the same boat with you. I live with chronic back pain from scoliosis. I take pain meds, but it only takes the edge off the pain. So the pain makes me not want to exercise.....walking usually hurts the hip. Not exercising (and eating unhealthy foods) has piled on the weight.....and the added weight also keeps me from exercising......VICIOUS CYCLE. I need to get some exercise too........just hate it. Now that Spring is just about here.....the snow is gone for now, but we have rain today. I have to make a committed effort to at least get some walking in. I am going to Walmart today, so I think I can add that for exercise. I've never posted any exercise before now. So we'll see how that goes. I just know I need to do something and today is a good day to start. Keep pushing, even 10 minutes at a time is better than nothing. We can do this!
  • Sue_Smiles
    Sue_Smiles Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

Malias....I think I'm in the same boat with you. I live with chronic back pain from scoliosis. I take pain meds, but it only takes the edge off the pain. So the pain makes me not want to exercise.....walking usually hurts the hip. Not exercising (and eating unhealthy foods) has piled on the weight.....and the added weight also keeps me from exercising......VICIOUS CYCLE. I need to get some exercise too........just hate it. Now that Spring is just about here.....the snow is gone for now, but we have rain today. I have to make a committed effort to at least get some walking in. I am going to Walmart today, so I think I can add that for exercise. I've never posted any exercise before now. So we'll see how that goes. I just know I need to do something and today is a good day to start. Keep pushing, even 10 minutes at a time is better than nothing. We can do this!

I have arthritis in my lower back and I have to say the best exercise I've found is a recumbant bike. Also make sure you have really good shoes, I wear Asics athletic shoes.
  • LM_105
    LM_105 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Hello, hello, hello lovely ladies!

This is just a check in as I am still at work and couldn't wait to see what had been written so far!

Will be back later tonight when have more time!!!!

QUESTION: How are we going to respond to people not on the circulated list/closed group when they enquire about joining us? We want to be encouraging yet firmly keep to our numbers? Maybe suggest they send a request on the message boards to start their own circle/closed group or point them to the 100+ open group?
  • Sue_Smiles
    Options
    Good morning!

I have a request, if you name is not in your username can you let us know your name in your signatures or at the end of your posts until we get to know everyone. It is my pet peeve but I like calling people by their names. My name is not Mollie but it is my childhood nick name and my parents and sister still call me Mollie......:-) If for some reason you don't want to use your name I so understand....:-)

Have a good day!!:flowerforyou:

Good Idea, I put my name in my sig :)
  • LM_105
    LM_105 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I have a request, if you name is not in your username can you let us know your name in your signatures or at the end of your posts until we get to know everyone. It is my pet peeve but I like calling people by their names. My name is not Mollie but it is my childhood nick name and my parents and sister still call me Mollie......:-) If for some reason you don't want to use your name I so understand....:-)

Have a good day!!:flowerforyou:

Good Idea, I put my name in my sig :)

Thanks, have added me 'L' to my signature! (Thats all you are getting! lol!)
  • Sue_Smiles
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Sue and I'm from Muskegon MI. I'm married to a wonderful man who has stuck with me through some very tough times. We have 3 cats (photos in my bio) they are my babies as our baby is going to be 27 soon. (I feel so old!) And her baby is going to be 6! Yikes, where has the time gone?

I love to read, make jewelry, and target shoot with my husband (he made the mistake of letting me shoot his .22 rifle, it's mine now!)

My family is my life now that I don't work anymore. I'm still adjusting and probably will be for quite some time. I'm Bi-Polar II and some days are better than others. The meds make me sleepy, today I had to force myself on the bike. 40 minutes later, I'm still sleepy. To nap or not to nap, that is the question :)

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone, it's nice to know that you're not alone with arthritis and menopause and all the other joys of being overweight and over 40. LOL

Have a wonderful day (or evening depending on where you are) I think I'll go fold laundry and then debate that nap.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hello, hello, hello lovely ladies!

This is just a check in as I am still at work and couldn't wait to see what had been written so far!

Will be back later tonight when have more time!!!!

QUESTION: How are we going to respond to people not on the circulated list/closed group when they enquire about joining us? We want to be encouraging yet firmly keep to our numbers? Maybe suggest they send a request on the message boards to start their own circle/closed group or point them to the 100+ open group?

L,
    I think Linda sent something on this in your email last night. Please check it out. I feel the best way to do it is as Linda suggested for sure. I am in challenges and this is what we do when the group is closed and it is in the topic closed. Linda has 20 max in the topic line. So if you are on page 3 already that is over 50 post and would indicate to anyone that the group is closed.

EDIT: I guess she did not say. I feel the best way to handle this is not to reply to anyone that is not on the list Linda sent out and posted on the thread also. That is my 2 cents and has worked well for other closed challenges I am in.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Thanks, have added me 'L' to my signature! (Thats all you are getting! lol!)
    :laugh: :laugh: L from the UK works for me!:happy: