A lot to lose & over 40? Lets start a group(20 memebers max

Options

Replies

• bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Okay so I couldn't sleep.................. So decided to get methodical! I had a peek at everyones profile, yes I read about you all (not saying I will remember everything!).

I hope no one minds me putting together the list below (based on tickers) (based on list from our bigmama of members). A quick list of what each of us have (currently) as our target weight loss, plus what we have achieved already. I thought it might be good to see who is sort of where we are, whose is starting out, who has made big steps already who can give us some tips and hints on how it is done! I hope no one minds being listed. Let me know if you do and I will edit and humbly apologise! Hope I have copied everyone down correctly as it is late and I am far from perfect! lol!

Members list as per Bigmama:
    Key: 'target' = the total amount of weight we want to loose

bigmama - 125lb target of which 30lb already lost
    milesbackwards - 87lb target of which 13lb already lost
    Mollie - 103lb target of which 40lb already lost
    Jojo - 120lb target of which 9lb already lost
    Katz - 150lb target of which 35lb already lost
    akaDumbo - 165lb target of which 76lb already lost
    Malias - 185lb target of which .....just starting the journey
    Hopeful - 102lb target of which 18lb already lost
    themommie - 105lb target of which 61lb lost already
    Karenleona - 182lb target of which 79lb lost already
    Christyrussell - 101lb target of which 28lb lost already
    Claudia - 76lb target of which 24lb lost already
    MJ - 234lb target of which 34lb lost already
    gabbygirl - 69lb target of which 31lb lost already
    CV - 160lb target of which 46lb lost already
    Cass - 214lb target of which 29lb lost already
    leadvocalchick - 124lb target of which 29lb already lost
    mainey - 145lb target of which.... just starting the journey
    ShellyBrew - 144lb target of which 45lb already lost
    jjustjo - 116lb target of which 48lb already lost

Just to make it clear, this is not so we can complete or see who gets to target first, I have prepared it to get an overview of where we are all starting from so we can see how similar we are, how we can support each other on the long journey ahead.

Now must sleep as 1.15am in the UK, night all!

I love it :heart: Thanks for sharing it with us. Just goes to show that all of us are working hard on our weightloss journey.

:flowerforyou: Awesome job ladies:flowerforyou:
  • bigmama65
    Options
    Good evening everyone!

Wanted to say a quick 'hey' and let y'all know I'm so excited to be part of this group! I SOO enjoy the fact it's a small group!! 20 is a great number - anything over that and it's hard to keep track of everyone and even harder to offer the support that everyone is looking for! I plan to let y'all know more about me when I have more time! Between my day job and my side job, this week is crazy! And I found out today that my boss is leaving Thurs. morning and won't be back until 3/28, so next week is going to be silly crazy!

I did want to share this quick note - I made a personal challenge to myself to stay away from pre-packaged food for one week and I've been #WINNING! (duh! :bigsmile:) Tonite I've filled the crockpot with a great Chicken Taco Filling recipe from Aimees Adventures that I've used before and is DEEELISH! Can't wait for lunch tomorrow!! :happy:

So after a night of restless sleep, and another wild day at work, I'm headed to my big fluffy bed!!

Thanks to all for the friend requests, and I hope to eventually be friends with everyone in this group!

Night night!! :yawn:

Amazing that you are able to stay away from pre-packaged foods. They are everywhere and so convenient.:noway: Sounds like you are going to have a delish lunch tomorrow - maybe later when you have time you can share you recipe with us. I am going to post our daily topics and one day is set out for foods so our members can chat about it. Have a great sleep.:flowerforyou:
  • bigmama65
    Options
    Below is a list of our daily topics. Some members (including myself) enjoy having daily topics to chitchat about so thanks to Hopeful and Christy we have a list below. These are not wrote in stone (meaning we can change them) we will try them out and work out the kinks and keep what we enjoy chatting about and change up some.

Please remember these daily topics are for fun and if you wish to participate thats fine and if you don't thats fine also. You can talk about anything on anyday of the week. These are just meant for small talk along with supporting one another each day.

:drinker: :drinker: DAILY TOPICS:drinker: :drinker:

Monday Members Check In day-Everyone checks in (how has the week gone, did you lose, did you gain/stay same, what you are feeling about how the last week went weight wise)

Tuesday Testing Yourself day- what are you challenging yourself to do for the next week /how did last weeks challenge go (give up diet coke for the week, get up earlier to exercise, etc)

Wednesday Weigh In and Exercise day- Everyone post what there losses or gains were for the week. What have you been doing for exercise this week, DVDs, walking, gym etc and what you like about it what you don't like about it

Thursday Triumps day-Members post about positive things that have happened to them this week. It could be about finally fitting into that pair of pants sitting in your closet for years. Could be about that chocolate bar you threw in the garbage instead of eating it. Went swimming for the first time in 5 years etc...

Friday Foods day- Exchange what you have made for lunches, or breakfasts, or any new receipes etc this week, what you have tried and hated food wise etc...

Saturday Share day -Anything about you and your life, tell each other something Can talk about grand kids birthday party, weekend away etc... or My mum was in hospital this week and I was worried and it affected my eating.... or my boss is putting pressure on me and I have been comfort eating.....or, I am going through a divorce etc... As all events can impact on emotional eating.

Sunday Spy day- Not sure yet about this one yet but was thinking about it being members question and answer day, not sure if members would like it. How it would work is each member from the group name list (who wants to participate) starting from top person asks one specific question they want to know about and everyone answers her. The next Sunday it is the next member on the list to ask a specifc question etc...
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    I resorted the list in ABC order. Hopefully that will make it easier for us to see who is in the group......:-) I know it will help me.

akaDumbo
    bigmama
    Cass
    Christyrussell
    Claudia
    cathyv (was CV)
    gabbygirl
    Hopeful
    jjustjo
    Jojo
    Karenleona
    Katz
    leadvocalchick
    mainey
    Malias
    milesbackwards
    MJ
    Mollie
    ShellyBrew
    themommie
  • bigmama65
    Options
    One last thing before I go to bed.:laugh:

We are working on some topics for weekly challenges as well as monthly challenges. Please share with the group if you would like certain group challenges so we can make a list.

Thanks and have a great night everyone
  • bigmama65
    Options
    Thanks Mollie :flowerforyou: the group list does look better and is easier to read and to start remember everyones name.

:blushing: I forgot to mention that CV changed her name to CathyV. Sorry Cathy.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Thanks L! I put it in ABC order. Makes it easy for us all to reference. I thought Linda made it so I sent it to her by mistake. I changed CV to Cathyv which is her new user name.

akaDumbo - 165lb target of which 76lb already lost
    bigmama - 125lb target of which 30lb already lost
    Cass - 214lb target of which 29lb lost already
    Christyrussell - 101lb target of which 28lb lost already
    Claudia - 76lb target of which 24lb lost already
    cathyv - 160lb target of which 46lb lost already
    gabbygirl - 69lb target of which 31lb lost already
    Hopeful - 102lb target of which 18lb already lost
    jjustjo - 116lb target of which 48lb already lost
    Jojo - 120lb target of which 9lb already lost
    Karenleona - 182lb target of which 79lb lost already
    Katz - 150lb target of which 35lb already lost
    leadvocalchick - 124lb target of which 29lb already lost
    mainey - 145lb target of which.... just starting the journey
    Malias - 185lb target of which .....just starting the journey
    milesbackwards - 87lb target of which 13lb already lost
    MJ - 234lb target of which 34lb lost already
    Mollie - 103lb target of which 40lb already lost
    ShellyBrew - 144lb target of which 45lb already lost
    themommie - 105lb target of which 61lb lost already
  • Saragre
    Saragre Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Count me in if there is room for me. I have 60 lbs yet to lose. Thanks.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I had a great day today.:happy: I did not have any Popeyes chicken for $2.99 and instead I got a Subway 6 inch with no soda and was 2 dollars more! I have a thing for cheap eats that are not good for me and I am doing no fast foods this month. I had some fast foods over the weekend once and it was one meal only. I did not let it go into a fast food binge which I have done in the past.

Today they had leftover BBQ ribs from a famous place in Chicago at work and I did not even walk that way. When the sent the emails out I had just eaten a healthy lunch. In the past I would have had my full lunch and ate the left over ribs and pizza and I would have had a lot of it too and would have went home and had a full dinner too. It is days like today I see how far I have come on this road.

Another NSV for me is I have gone 2 whole days in a row under 2000 calories.:happy: For those of you who don't know me I exercise my butt off but my food leaves a lot to be desired. So this month and going forward I really need to get that eating in hand. Because as many of you know already food is about 75% of weight loss. You can lose weight by eating right and not exercising but you can exercise 8 hours a day and if you eat poorly you will not lose one pound. As I can definitely testify to from personal experience.

Today is also the 6th day under 2000 calories. This is the most days in a month I have been under 2000 calories since I started tracking it back in December. And it is only the 15th of the month too. I am on a roll and I want to keep it going.

My main goal for the next couple of months will be to keep my calories under 2000 calories most days of the month including weekends, next to no fast foods. Not worried about sodium, fat, etc. When I get these down pat I will be consistently losing 1 to 2 pounds per week.

With all of this said if any of you would like the key to my diary email me and I will be happy to share. I usually do not review people diaries because of time but from time to time I will loo k at them for new ideas or if asked. I use to have it open to all friends until I got a few unwarrented comments. I don't think the peeps meant any harm they just did not know my goals.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    You all rock!! For the 1st day we are chatting so I can not catch up at all. I will catch up tomorrow for sure.

I guess you all can see I am anal on details. I hope resorting the lists in order is helpful.

Have a good night all!!:flowerforyou: You all rock and I love this 2 day old group! Not even 2 days yet. I missed some shares and I will go back to catch up for sure!

@bigmama - I like the days. Whatever you all decide on these will be fine with me since I am not sure how much I will participate. I know before I was not able to do it because it was too many people to keep up with but with our group being 20 I should be able to keep up. Hopefully. Thanks to everyone on their input on the days too!:flowerforyou:
  • ShellyBrew
    ShellyBrew Posts: 823
    Options
    Hey All....I am also excited that we are getting this small group up and going; and some of you are so organized already :)
    I don't get on the site much during the day at work, if I do it is just to log food and check my feed. I usually only make the boards at night. I am way behind tonight as I did not get home until 9pm. Just read thru most the posts and look forward to getting to know everyone better. I will do my best to check in everyday. I promise to give everyone an update tomorrow and make sure I am friends with all. It is going on midnight so need to wrap things up for the night...I did meet up with a friend after work for a beer but then I went to the gym after so the elliptical and treadmill could torture me some...was a good day overall.

Pleasant Dreams All
  • katzpawz
    katzpawz Posts: 754
    Options
    My "katz" has "pawz."

Just to clarify: my user name is "katzpawz." I'm on the group list as "katz." Just thought I'd mention that in case anyone is having trouble finding me to send a friend request.

Cheers,

katzpawz
  • fodorl
    fodorl Posts: 12
    Options
    I'd love to join, who knew being in your 40s the weight takes so slow to disappear!!!
  • fodorl
    fodorl Posts: 12
    Options
    I too have back issues. I understand how difficult it can b to excercise on a regulat schedule! Keep up the good work! Fill free to add me to your friend list!
  • gabbygirl37_2001
    gabbygirl37_2001 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.......my goals for this week....are to drink 8 glasses of water a day, and to be active for 1 hour after work every day, to be able to log some sort of activity...any activity, be it walking or cleaning house or whatever...just to get off my a** every night! This is a challenge for me, because Im a nurse, so its run run run all day long, and the last thing I want to do when I get off..is run some more. Im tired, but Im going to do this!
  • Jojo42
    Jojo42 Posts: 223
    Options
    Oh my! I've just realised you've all been chatting away on here...you can tell I'm new to forums and threads! It's only about 5am here in the UK , I'm on day 9 of my low car/high protein regime and am sooo fed up of these nightly visits to the loo (2/3times!) I think I must be losing a fair bit of water weight and can't wait for it to adjust...yay for an an uninterrupted nights sleep! Luckily I've added the site as a bookmark to my mobile phone and have enjoyed reading all your posts on here whilst lying here waiting for sleep to come back.

A brief bio on me, I'm Joanna, originally from Malta but have lived in the UK for most of my life.42, 2 daughters, been overweight since my early 20's. Just had surgery on my left knee last Tuesday, severe arthritis made so much worse by carrying all this extra luggage!

Bad back, bad feet, jeez! Am I really only 42!

Huge zest for life and really really need to get myself sorted physically...time to stop kidding myself.

Loved getting to hear more about you all...here's to our new friendships and the road ahead. Sorry for any typos, my screen is small and sleep us calling me back, see you all tomorrow. X Joanna
  • cassieinor
    cassieinor Posts: 584
    Options
    Wow....everyone has been really busy on here today. Last I looked in this morning, we were near the top of page 3. You'd never guess we were only 20 of us. Amazing! So I just finished catching up on your posts.....looks like we have a great group here.let me first say that I rather like our member list in alphabetical order.....LOL...that way I'm near the top of the list......hahaha.

I'm glad to se we're starting off sharing a little about ourselves. It's nice to get to know each other.
    About me: I'm 59, married going on 20 years. I'm Mom to a 42 yr old son. And Grandma to a beautiful 1yr old BabyGirl. I also claim an "almost" daughter in law and her other 3 kids who call me their "Aunt". I know it's confusing.....but it works.
    I've been a dog groomer for the last 32yrs now in Souther California. But I've moved to Oregon 10 years ago and have traveled back and forth every month for the last 4yrs to go to work. I'm actually trying to be semi retired...but that's not working too well.
    And grooming jobs in SoOregon don't exist. So that's why I go south for a week to ten days each month.

My weight problem probably started when I was pregnant with my son. You know, that last 20lbs of "baby weight" that ya don't lose after giving birth. It hadn't been a problem until I was almost 40. And that 20lbs has escalated to what it is now. I did lose 80lbs several yrs ago, but I've since gained that back and a bunch more. So I am here to finally get down to business and lose this weight. I have "issues"...like menopause, chronic pain from scoliosis, also a multitude of aches & pains from a 32yr grooming career. Being overweight just adds to all the problems. I'm tired of being overwight and in pain.

So now that I've written a book here......like JoJo.....I am typing this from my cell phone.....not the computer. Small screen makes my eyes fuzzy. I'm glad we're all in this together.....Yaaay Group!
    I'm outa here.....going to sleep now. Cya all in the morning! B-)
  • LM_105
    LM_105 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Okay here goes:

Wednesday Weigh In and Exercise day- Everyone post what there losses or gains were for the week. What have you been doing for exercise this week, DVDs, walking, gym etc and what you like about it what you don't like about it

WEDNESDAY WEIGH IN AND EXERCISE DAY: My weighin day is Monday and this week I lost 4lb compared to last monday, brining my total weight loss to 18lb. I had actually put on 3lb over the last 3 weeks so only 1lb of these 4lbs was a 'new' loss but nevertheless I was thrilled. That was because I started the gym last week and went 3 times. I met with instructor who had done me induction programme and I had HATED the idea of going but I did. So the 4lb was my pay off!

I am on 1200 calories a day and the last 4 days have managed to keep under this and not eat back all of my exercise calories.

So what about you?

OMG I am on this before work, I am gonna be late................... Have a good day everyone!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Just want to pop in and say Happy Hump day!!!:flowerforyou:

I am off to the gym and it is approx. 5:15 am here in Chicago. I do my workouts most week days before work because it will not get done otherwise. When the weather permits I go for lunch time walks 2 to 3 days a week in addition to AM workouts. I do LS DVD's and Ellpitcal and stationery bike at the gym along with weight training. I try to go to the gym 3 times a week and I do the LS dvd's the other days. I suffere with knee pain so I try not to over do it.

As I explained last night my calories goal for now is to be under 2000 calories and I am on a high protien regime for life.

Have a good day!
  • Sue_Smiles
    Sue_Smiles Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Good Wednesday morning everyone!

Yeah Hopeful on the 4lb loss! :smile:
    My weigh-in day is Thursday so I guess I'll catch up next week. Last week I maintained and was happy with that, too much sodium and amped up my workout. :)
    I've worked out 4 times this week. I have a recumbent bike and it's great for my knees & hips, I ride about 6.5 miles a day, 4 - 5 days a week, want to make it 7 miles pretty soon. The best part is that I can read my Nook while riding, those 40 minutes go by like *that*.
    Looking forward to all the snow being gone and the weather to get nicer so I can walk and garden again. It's going to soar to 50 today, yay!

Have a great day everyone, I'll check back in later,