Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30

Options

Replies

• coquetona
    coquetona Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcomes! I finished W1D5 tonight. I'm going to do one more day and level 1 and then move on to level 2 on Tuesday.
  • Frankie3333
    Frankie3333 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My friend and I work out before work every morning. We alternate which Jillian we do. Our favs our 6 week to 6 pack and ripped in 30. I like switching videos every day because i find that level 3 is too hard on my back. I have a slipped disk.

Don't just do it for a month. Get lots of her DVDs and change it up. You will be more likely to keep with it!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Love this one so much more than 30DS
  • myvenus
    myvenus Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Holy holy crap!! that Level 3 is tough!! I don't like it :mad: I did 2 days so far and am doing 3 more days this week, then by later in the week, I will move on to Level 4...what can I expect in Level 4 ?? I'm almost afraid to find out....
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Week 4 is the mother of all workouts - her own words "I has never done a week 4 I have to make this count" - does that tell you anything..lol.

I did a run through of level 4 yesterday. I was sore 30 minutes later!

Technically today is my first day.

W4D1 done!
  • summerbreeze76
    summerbreeze76 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    W4D1 in the books for me too. Like always on the first day I dont think too much of the workout, but in day two i always seem to struggle. Im in Chicago on Vacay at my mothers house. It was challenging b/c i am used to working out in the confines of my basement. I will get up earlier tomorrow to have some privacy doing it. I hope to be able to finish it up this week, but its kinda difficult when you are not at home.

Good job ladies and IMO level II is the worst of the bunch.
  • marisa67
    marisa67 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    DVD finally arrived and did D1L1 this morning. I had been doing 30DS before this one (but did not do full 30 days). I have to say i like this one much better than 30DS, perhaps i will change my mind as I move up the levels. :smile: Is there anyone who is mixing the levels? I found that doing the same level of 30 DS did not work for me and so i would alternate the levels. i am planning to do the same here. ......Anyone any thoughts on that?
  • kel7298
    Options
    DVD finally arrived and did D1L1 this morning. I had been doing 30DS before this one (but did not do full 30 days). I have to say i like this one much better than 30DS, perhaps i will change my mind as I move up the levels. :smile: Is there anyone who is mixing the levels? I found that doing the same level of 30 DS did not work for me and so i would alternate the levels. i am planning to do the same here. ......Anyone any thoughts on that?

I never mixed up levels until I was finished with the first round, now granted I did not enjoy the 10 straight days each in 30DS, but I did it. I haven't revisited the program since I did a 30 day Jillian rotation of 30DS, BFBM and NMTZ. As for this one, I did 5 days at each level. I only have 3 days left!

W4D2 finished!
  • khharms
    khharms Posts: 12
    Options
    At this rate it's going to take me forever to finish this! I just kind of turn on the DVD when I can, but right now I'm in full Tri Training mode. Anyone else do 'other' workouts as well? Today I did spin class then came home and did W1D2. I may be over doing it. :/
  • coquetona
    Options
    I did W2D1 today! It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be but I definitely was working hard and sweating bullets. The worst part was doing plank jacks and thinking to myself "I really hope she doesn't make me do mountain climbers after this." Apparently Jillian read my mind....

I do cardio (C25K or elliptical) for a half hour 3 days a week and take my dog on a half hour walk about 5 days a week. That's all the additional I do.
  • Ninja_Knitty
    Options
    Time to make a Wally World run!
  • coquetona
    Options

How do you know it didn't work for you if you didn't do the whole program? For me, it felt like nothing was happening day after day and then all the sudden it was "where are all the fat parts going?" haha

Anyway, I think as long as you stick with it and hold yourself accountable you are still going to see results if you alternate levels and/or other videos. You have to do what works for you. I personally was rotating 30DS, NMTZ and BMBF for two weeks in January and then stopped because I didn't have that pressure (I guess you could say) to continue. It took me until April to start with MFP and then I started and finished the shred without any problems. Whatever you decide, good luck! :o)
  • RandaDerkson
    RandaDerkson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just did Day 1 of Week 2 and I felt like I didn't work as hard as week 1. I gave it my all, but it just didn't feel like as much as a workout. Maybe it's because I was learning the moves? Who knows.

Also, is there a way to subscribe to this topic so I don't have to keep searching for it?

Thanks guys!
  • RandaDerkson
    RandaDerkson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oops, finally noticed the "My Topics" section.
  • kel7298
    Options
    I personally was rotating 30DS, NMTZ and BMBF for two weeks in January and then stopped because I didn't have that pressure (I guess you could say) to continue. It took me until April to start with MFP and then I started and finished the shred without any problems. Whatever you decide, good luck! :o)

Did you try the 30 Day Slimdown? That is what I did after the Shred. It definitely kick my a**

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!
    DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!
    DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

What are Quick Trouble Zones you ask?

“Quick Trouble Zones” are the circuits/exercises within the “No More Trouble Zones” workout that do NOT require you to get on the floor, ie. floorwork. For example, the circuits or exercises where you have to get on your knees, touch the floor with your hands or sit on the floor you OMIT from the No More Trouble Zones workout. When you eliminate the floorwork portion from the “No More Trouble Zones” workout you are performing “Quick Trouble Zones”

W4D3 done!
  • coquetona
    Options
    I personally was rotating 30DS, NMTZ and BMBF for two weeks in January and then stopped because I didn't have that pressure (I guess you could say) to continue. It took me until April to start with MFP and then I started and finished the shred without any problems. Whatever you decide, good luck! :o)

Did you try the 30 Day Slimdown? That is what I did after the Shred. It definitely kick my a**

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!
    DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!
    DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

What are Quick Trouble Zones you ask?

“Quick Trouble Zones” are the circuits/exercises within the “No More Trouble Zones” workout that do NOT require you to get on the floor, ie. floorwork. For example, the circuits or exercises where you have to get on your knees, touch the floor with your hands or sit on the floor you OMIT from the No More Trouble Zones workout. When you eliminate the floorwork portion from the “No More Trouble Zones” workout you are performing “Quick Trouble Zones”

W4D3 done!

No, I did not try that and haven't heard of it until now. I will definitely do that after I finish ripped. It is much easier for me if I have something to hold me accountable and I think this would do the trick. Thanks!! :o)
  • kel7298
    Options
    It's quite a workout. I am going to do something similar but different using my Jillian cds. I have posted a topic called July 4th start. Jillian Michael 30 day slim down with a twist, if you are interested. I prefer 30 minute routines, where I can jump on my treadmill or elliptical for another 15.

W4D4 done!