Why are you losing weight?

Options
123457»

Replies

• CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I'm doin it because I used to look like an hourglass with a head.. now I look like a aquafina bottle overflowing! :grumble: but slowly n surely my hourglass figure is comin back.. Also because I got up to a 44F in a bra and these bras are gettin costly. Plus my back hurts from carryin around the boobs and the weight.

But today I tried on a size 20 capris I have in the closet and they zip n buttoned! I can't sit in them yet lmao but hey I'm close. April 1st I wore a size 26 pants, now I'm in a 22 pants, with 20's in the near future! So this does work.

On a different note, for people that want the opposite sex to turn their heads, confidence is what makes ya sexy regardless of size. Some people get it confused, bein skinny doesn't mean you are healthy!

I'm so proud of you Crys!!!

Awe Thanks! I'm just proud to be apart of this wonderful family! I couldn't ask for any better friends to walk with me through this journey!

:heart: you guys!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I started because I was just VERY unhealthy. I've always been strong and have low blood pressure, etc...but my weight was going to start causing problems at SOME point!

I also wanted to enjoy life with my family. I was finding that I was avoiding so many things like the beach, family pictures, clothes shopping, etc....and how much life I was missing out on because I was self-concious! It was a horrible feeling!

I just got to a point where enough was enough! I am worth feeling good and feeling sexy and have more energy and my family, especially my son, deserves to have his mother around as long as possible! Whatever I can do that is in my power to be healthy and stick around, I will do it! If God has another plan, so be it...but I will do what I can do for myself.

Now, feeling as great as I do...and the energy level I have....I am amazed I could have gained so much. I was walking back from the train on Wed with my friend. I still have weight to lose and she weighs maybe 125 but she doesn't work out, etc..and we were walking up the sidewalk and there was a hill and I walked and talked and by the time we got to the top, I felt no different than walking on a level surface and she was huffing and puffing and saying "Ohh, I have to catch my breath!!" I was amazed at my fitness level and how different it was compared to last year! Feeling like that just motivates me that much more!!

Being a sexy mom is a lot more fun than a frumpy one!! :wink:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I started because I was just VERY unhealthy. I've always been strong and have low blood pressure, etc...but my weight was going to start causing problems at SOME point!

I also wanted to enjoy life with my family. I was finding that I was avoiding so many things like the beach, family pictures, clothes shopping, etc....and how much life I was missing out on because I was self-concious! It was a horrible feeling!

I just got to a point where enough was enough! I am worth feeling good and feeling sexy and have more energy and my family, especially my son, deserves to have his mother around as long as possible! Whatever I can do that is in my power to be healthy and stick around, I will do it! If God has another plan, so be it...but I will do what I can do for myself.

Now, feeling as great as I do...and the energy level I have....I am amazed I could have gained so much. I was walking back from the train on Wed with my friend. I still have weight to lose and she weighs maybe 125 but she doesn't work out, etc..and we were walking up the sidewalk and there was a hill and I walked and talked and by the time we got to the top, I felt no different than walking on a level surface and she was huffing and puffing and saying "Ohh, I have to catch my breath!!" I was amazed at my fitness level and how different it was compared to last year! Feeling like that just motivates me that much more!!

Being a sexy mom is a lot more fun than a frumpy one!! :wink:

and you are def one of the sexxxxxay-ist! (that's so not a word) lol
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    umm... cos i'm a fat ba$tard

*puts on best Scottish accent*

Fat *kitten*: [rubbing his nipples] I'm dead sexy. Look at my sexy body.
    Fat *kitten*: [to Felicity Shagwell] Would you like to have another go? 'Cause once you've had fat, you never go back.

+1

Yep, that pretty much was my reason too.

That and when I saw a picture of myself in my old SWAT gear and was like who is that dude???

Then...Oh...that was me...DAMN, I WAS DEAD SEXY!!!

I miss the days of turning heads and not having women run at the site of me with my shirt off.

I'm still far off, but now my goal has changed....

I want Manda to be proud of me, to be proud that the guy holding her hand doesn't look like a cross between Kevin James and Jabba the Hutt. I want to be healthy for her, for our future family and for myself. That's my reason.

(and the fact my ex wife is dating sloth from Goonies is incentive also...she left *me* for *that*....*CRASH* That was my dignity...)

Good for you!! And the fact that YOU have a little beauty sweetie pie like Manda and your ex has Sloth...well......IN YO FACE huh??? hehehe!!!

nelsonmuntzrie2dg3.jpg
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I'm doin it because I used to look like an hourglass with a head.. now I look like a aquafina bottle overflowing! :grumble: but slowly n surely my hourglass figure is comin back.. Also because I got up to a 44F in a bra and these bras are gettin costly. Plus my back hurts from carryin around the boobs and the weight.

But today I tried on a size 20 capris I have in the closet and they zip n buttoned! I can't sit in them yet lmao but hey I'm close. April 1st I wore a size 26 pants, now I'm in a 22 pants, with 20's in the near future! So this does work.

On a different note, for people that want the opposite sex to turn their heads, confidence is what makes ya sexy regardless of size. Some people get it confused, bein skinny doesn't mean you are healthy!
    You rock Crystal!!! Love you girl!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I'm prertty much the same as alot of people here, started for health reasons. I like it here, I haven't lost anything lately but that is because I haven't been exercising. Had a back issue, still working on it, so I slowed down. I'm bummed because the pt didn't help and now I have to go to a chiropractor. Been putting it off, I get sick of going to get fixed lol. Well at least I'm not gaining, well I hope not at least, I haven't been near a scale in two weeks, hey Banks would be proud of me! lol. See ya in the posts everyone.
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    Why am I losing weight? I'll start with the fact that my mother had stage 3 breast cancer at 45 years old. She was overweight and didn't exercise or eat right. At 40, I began to balloon up from hormone and thyroid issues, and it took 2 years to find someone who took me seriously. I am losing weight because I do not want to follow the same path as my mother. And I want to look GOOOOOD for my hubby!!:laugh:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose it so I can have healthy pregnancies.
  • Zeii
    Zeii Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am losing weight so I can keep up to my kids, feel better, look better and most importantly... DATE! I am fine with the dating but the whole getting naked in front of someone new is scaring me. Maybe I should just date guys with glasses and then take their glasses off and turn out the lights before undressing. :laugh:
  • timragan
    timragan Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I"ve fought weight problems my whole life but was never are large as when I recently decided the time had come. Seven different meds every day (BP, Cholesterol, Triglycerides, Diabetes, blah, blah). Couldn't fit in chairs with arms, forget airplane seats, felt horrible, looked worse. No quality of life and no expectation of living much longer.

I am more than half way to my goal weight range and feeling great. Only 1 med left i my life at this moment. Who needs chips and cheese dip anyway?
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Im losing weight initially because of a health condition and was told if i didnt lose the weight the prognosis would not be good.

It is now coming off and i am feeling much better. However in the past I have tried every 'diet' going and been the queen of the yo-yo dieting.

The problem was i would lose 10lbs and put 20 on. I got so big that i would worry about going for coffee with people in case the chair had arms and i wouldn't fit or going to BBQ's and having to judge whether the plastic chairs would hold my weight etc. I started getting paranoid about going on flights in case I didn't fit into the seats (had a few squeezes on a few flights i can tell you). I also worried that on vacations to the indian ocean or other places where you had to go by seaplane that my weight would have to be taken in case they couldn't get the plane to take off (those seas planes are light). Of course most of it was just in my head.

However on one vacation about 5 years back we had to get a boat from one island to another and two guys had to lift us from the boat onto the shore as we arrived at night, i was with my whole family and they lifted each of us off one by one, until they came to me and shouted 'watch out, we have a heavy one' !! i was so hurt and humiliated in front of my whole family i just wanted to go home.

I have also been in positions like in an interview, and someone has said to me basically do i realise how fat i am and what's the reason for that. There have been many cruel moments, and although this isn't why im now losing weight, i hope it will prevent those situations coming up again!
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be the fat ugly friend. I want to HAVE the fat ugly friend. I want to be the friend all the ugly people want to hang around to make THEM look good.
    :happy:

Me too! I have been the fat friend for way too long

Umm, ladies, have you looked at yourselves in the mirror. None of you are remotely ugly. What is this with seeing ourselves not in our true light. Curious. :explode:

Okay, I have always been the BIG friend. I may not be "ugly", but I was always the biggest.
    That is part of it.
    I am SO tired of being the biggest girl at the family event, the party, etc. I want to feel good about myself again. I still have a ways to go (at least 15-20 more) but I can feel the difference now. And for some reason, I have noticed I'm making new friends easier now. hmmm?
    I want to feel good in my clothes. I don't want to go in my closet and have "nothing" to wear. There is plenty to wear, they just didn't FIT. Or look good for that matter. I don't want to hide behind the camera. I noticed that for the past couple of years, there were no pictures of me and my boys.

DONE WITH BEING FAT. HOT AND SEXY, HERE I COME!
  • brydie23
    brydie23 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am ready to do something for myself. When I was content with my weight before having my daughter I was way more confident. I used to walk into a room with my head held high. Now when I walk into a room I am always looking down.

I am tired of not feeling attractive. I was in a relationship with my daughters father and I was always fighting for his attention. Once I started gaining weight during my pregancy he didn't look at me twice. It was even so bad that for Christmas when I was 9 months pregnant he gave me a medicine ball. Obviously, I got the hint. However, when I had my daughter I had no motivation to lose weight and worst of all my confidence was at an all time low. How can you lose weight if you are not happy in the inside!?!

The best thing I can say as of today is that I have lost 160lbs that has been really weighing me down, which would be my daughter's father. So, now I am ready to start losing weight for myself and definitely not him. When I workout, I feel good. And when I feel good, I am confident. It is a simple equation and I am in search of my confidence again. I know I will find it!

Way to go!!!! Same here, felt that true love wouldn't look at the outside but only the inside. Not true. But, now I'm doing it for me. You go girl!!!:drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Thanks! I appreciate your reply...you are a sweetheart! We can do this!