p90x classic started 3/21

Options
Did my testing on Sunday, and completed day 1 last night. If you started recently and would like to compare results along the way let me know. At the present time don't plan on using supplements
Diet will be using mfp calorie watching.

Replies

• WomanPower79
    Options
    HEY!!!! im a few days off...... my friends are currently finishing 30 day shred.. but i would love to join you on the 2nd of April.....
  • jmecale72
    jmecale72 Posts: 214
    Options
    I don't know if this is close enough, but i started on March 14, 2011. Yesterday was the start of week #2. i am also doing the Classic program. Thanks!
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    It may be a little too late for me to join...I'm on day 81! Good luck to you all! It can be hard some days. You might even have to MAKE yourself do the routine on other days. Let me tell you I feel fantastic! I'm going to probably do Slim in 6 and another round of P90X!
  • sax321
    sax321 Posts: 26
    Options
    I just started last night as well and would love to compare results!! and provide motivation. Last night was a tough one for me! I can't believe I am saying this, but am looking forward to Plyo tonight!!!!
  • sax321
    Options
    Congrats to you!!! Almost there!!!!
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm on day two of week two, and I'm ready to cry lol. I could use some motivation lol.
  • jmecale72
    Options
    Plyo will hurt so good!!!
  • jmecale72
    Options
    I'm on day two of week two, and I'm ready to cry lol. I could use some motivation lol.

I'm also on Day 2 of Week 2. Last night's workout was good. Chest and back ALWAYS kills me...but I made it through. I'm looking foward to plyo tonight too!
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all of my new friends. I give you permission to keep me accountable. I am "goingto bring it"

I will let you know when my workout for the day is done. So, if you don't see a post feel free to bring your criticism!

I will return the favor to anyone that wants that kind of accountability.
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of classic is done. Must work on my rock star form, left hand baseball throw, and single leg hops. Starting to feel more pain in different parts of the body. Only means that it is working. Looking forward to adventures of day 3.

Together we will bring it and build new friendships. Keep posting your updates!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jmecale72
    Options
    Day 2 of classic is done. Must work on my rock star form, left hand baseball throw, and single leg hops. Starting to feel more pain in different parts of the body. Only means that it is working. Looking forward to adventures of day 3.

Together we will bring it and build new friendships. Keep posting your updates!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have the recovery drink? I didn't think it was going to work...but it does! If you don't have some...get some!
  • tabi26
    Options
    I did plyo today, and by the end I'm not even sure if my feet were leaving the floor anymore lol. But I stuck it out and did my best and hopefully in a few more weeks I'll be able to rock plyo!

Also, I drink glutamine before and after my workout and it has made a HUGE difference in the pain levels haha! Feel so much better when I remember to drink it :)
  • jmecale72
    Options
    I did plyo today, and by the end I'm not even sure if my feet were leaving the floor anymore lol. But I stuck it out and did my best and hopefully in a few more weeks I'll be able to rock plyo!

Also, I drink glutamine before and after my workout and it has made a HUGE difference in the pain levels haha! Feel so much better when I remember to drink it :)

Good job Tabi! Yea..for some reason, for me, some things were way easier tonight and some things were a little more difficult for some odd reason. I was in the upper level of my heart rate for most of the workout. As long as we "do our best and forget the rest", we'll be fine!
  • sax321
    Options
    Last night was a big night for me too. I was also in the high part of my Zone 4 for most of Plyo, but kept going!! It hurt, but in a good way -- I was so pumped at the end that I threw in Cardio X and did that too.

I also tried the recovery drink at the end of the workout -- I'll start doing it before as well to see if I can see a difference. Every time jmecale talks about Recovery Drink, he loves it . . . that's enough for me. My drink also has glutamine, which i hear is also very helpful!

I'm all in for the "criticism" if I'm not bringing it on a DAILY basis. MFP says that you are more apt to do what you need to do and meet your personal goals if you are held accountable. IM IN!! and will also "help" you as well. (I'm no fitness expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express).
  • sax321
    Options
    I gotta question for you guys -- just wondering when you workout? Does anyone prefer a particular time of the day?

I would LOVE to workout in the morning, but I have never really been a good one at getting up "early". I would need to be up and working out around 4 or 4:30 am to make sure I'm ready to leave for work at 6:30.

At night after I put my kids to bed and finish my school work, I find that I'm working out around 10 or 11pm.

Just wondering what you guys do --- and if anyone works out in the morning, what tips would you have for someone wanting to workout in the morning??
  • tabi26
    Options
    I love working out in the morning, but I have two kids so it doesn't always work out that way lol. I get up at 6 am and I can barely do that haha! So if you do manage to get up at 4 in the morning to workout, you'll be my hero! I could never do it. Lol.
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I just started it this past week end but was not able to work out the last two day because of my schedule so I am on day three. I am doing the lean program first. Would love to join the group.
  • sax321
    Options
    Welcome aboard!!!! We'll help keep you accountable. Tae it one day at a time!!
  • jmecale72
    Options
    I gotta question for you guys -- just wondering when you workout? Does anyone prefer a particular time of the day?

I would LOVE to workout in the morning, but I have never really been a good one at getting up "early". I would need to be up and working out around 4 or 4:30 am to make sure I'm ready to leave for work at 6:30.

At night after I put my kids to bed and finish my school work, I find that I'm working out around 10 or 11pm.

Just wondering what you guys do --- and if anyone works out in the morning, what tips would you have for someone wanting to workout in the morning??

I'm usually really busy in the morning with getting my wife and daughter up for school. So, usually the mornings are bad for me. I also like to workout late at night, when my daughter has gone to bed and it's pretty quiet in the house.
  • tabi26
    Options
    Well I'm done the arms/shoulders and I did 12 minutes of ab ripper....I HATE ab ripper! haha! Anyway, I didn't burn as many calories as I thought I would so I'll be playing some Just Dance 2 later. Hope everyone is having a good day today, and don't forget to BRING IT!