p90x classic started 3/21

Options

Replies

• tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Well done shoulders and arms and an ripper. I really brought it as hard as I could today. I did fairly well, I have yet to make it all the way through ab ripper, but I'm on pain so I'm sure it's working. And I never do just quit I do ab ripper until I actually can't get off the floor lol. Good luck today everyone. And keep at, it has to pay off at some point haha!
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 4. Ok this workout should be Yoga. I did the Yoda in week 1 - the whole thing. It was so borrriinnnnggggg. Nope not doin the yoga today. I want more cardio workout not slow yoga. I am already flexible so don't need it. I put in Plyometrics instead. Plyometrics is not in the lean program. Bring it on.

Man now that is a workout. I made it throught the whole workout and only had to pause it once just over 1/2 way through.I loved it. it is a very intense hard workout and I just loved it. For now on for yoga I am doing Plyometrics.

Bring it!
  • jmecale72
    jmecale72 Posts: 214
    Options
    So...just a general question for everyone. Do you use bands or free weights? I started using the bands and I will need to use them for most of the pull up stuff because I don't have a way to mount a pull up bar in my place. I was also using the bands for the arm and shoulder stuff as well. Well my wife bought me a dumb bell set for my birthday yesterday. So I got to use them last night for the arm and shoulder workout.

I found that I was getting more of a burn with the dumb bells as opposed to the bands. I like this so much more because it actually feels like I'm getting a better workout. I'm also getting that burn that Tony talks about using the dumb bells. I don't get that burn with the bands. I want to bulk up, and the dumb bells seem to be working better in that aspect because I'm doing more weight and less reps.

So, with that said...what is everyone else using and why?
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    So...just a general question for everyone. Do you use bands or free weights? I started using the bands and I will need to use them for most of the pull up stuff because I don't have a way to mount a pull up bar in my place. I was also using the bands for the arm and shoulder stuff as well. Well my wife bought me a dumb bell set for my birthday yesterday. So I got to use them last night for the arm and shoulder workout.

I found that I was getting more of a burn with the dumb bells as opposed to the bands. I like this so much more because it actually feels like I'm getting a better workout. I'm also getting that burn that Tony talks about using the dumb bells. I don't get that burn with the bands. I want to bulk up, and the dumb bells seem to be working better in that aspect because I'm doing more weight and less reps.

So, with that said...what is everyone else using and why?

I use free weight for everything except the pull ups. I like the free weight better than the bands. I have the pull up bar but found I have no where to put it yet. I have one door way that I will have to move a piece of furniture in order for it to fit. So for now I use the bands for the pull up moves.
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Let me start a discussion. This applies to myself included week 1.

I sign up for a program being p90x and I did not follow it like I should have week 1. I slacked on the diet portion. I know how to eat I know how to work out, (not this many exercises I will Admit).

I recommend for the first 90 days we all follow the program. Some have said their not into the diet, yoga, etc. Follow the program! If you want to do doubles, extra, but do the requirements first.

On the yoga, many of the exercises are working a stretch of a particular exercise. If you don't think it is hard, I DON'T THINK YOUARE PUSHING YOURSELF HARD ENOUGH AND TO YOUR POTENTIAL. Sweating like a pig when I am done.

I will admit as I type this when I am done I am doing some extra calories on my recumbandt bike. However, I did the full yoga.

The program is not just losing weight but being in the best possible shape.
  • golferd
    Options
    Good bye 90, 80. And welcome 70s.

I finished week 2 day 4, and will be entering the new digits of the 70s.

I am proud of you all, keep up the journey, and keep bringing the post.

Yoga was a challenge and continues to bring the sweat.
  • jmecale72
    Options
    The only problem I have with the Yoga are the balance exercises. I have no balance, but last night was a little better because I tried harder. I think over time, my balance will get better.
  • golferd
    Options
    Today welcomed us to the p70's

Worked legs, back, and abs. Pullups are still very frustrating. The mind is saying I should be able to do more reps without the help of a chair. all exercises tried to increase weight or more reps. Do not have an HRM, but several times I could tell the heart rate was going. The abs workout continues to improve and I can see me keeping up with them in the future. Flexibility also continues to improve everyday and this I know will help recover. Diet plan is going well, tried buffalo meat for the first time for protein.

Tomorrow brings kenpo and another week completed.

Tomorrow also welcomes us to P78.
  • golferd
    Options
    Today I also included an 8 mile run and walk. The walk was planned but not the distance. Wife and I did a combination of running and walking, thanks to all of my workouts the running went better than I had expected. Total time was between 120 and 130 minutes.

I had to chase down my 7 year old on his bike is the reason for the distance. He was on a bike trail and didnt care where his mom and dad were on the trail.
  • tabi26
    Options
    Sorry I didn't write the last two day. I did the yoga and legs.back, and abs. I've been staying out at my inlaws farm and had to drive almost an hour home on days when I needed my pull up bar since their doors won't support it. Anyway, I use free weights and a pull up bar for my workouts and I love them :) Although I have yet to manage a pullup without a chair lol. Well today marks the end of week 3 for me YAY! I hope I can get through next week. I've tried that core synergistics and it was HARD lol.
  • tabi26
    Options
    I'm done Kenpo for the day and wow did I burn calories! I'm back and forth on how I feel about the results. I know we're only a little ways in but I get discouraged easily lol. Anyway, I'm still bringing it, despite a few set backs this week. I REALLY want to see the results at the end.

How does everyone feel about posting our 30 day pics? I REALLY don't want too, but maybe it will provide some encouragement??? lol
  • golferd
    Options
    I'm done Kenpo for the day and wow did I burn calories! I'm back and forth on how I feel about the results. I know we're only a little ways in but I get discouraged easily lol. Anyway, I'm still bringing it, despite a few set backs this week. I REALLY want to see the results at the end.

How does everyone feel about posting our 30 day pics? I REALLY don't want too, but maybe it will provide some encouragement??? lol

I agree should do photos and measurements at 30 days.
  • golferd
    Options
    Kenpo is done. Coordination on several of them still is lacking. Diet plan is sometimes very shocking. Like 2 cups of strawberries is a lot. Today running around and wife and I took snacks with us to say on course. We're doing our best at bringing it. It is exciting to think with one more day of stretching and week 2 is complete.

So tomorrow brings us to p77.

Rest well and bring it when you stretch.
  • golferd
    Options
    Purchased a Polar FT40 heart rate monitor for the journey. see everyone tomorrow
  • golferd
    Options
    Today completed stretch and heart rate monitor said I burned over 300 calories. So that means my calorie eastimates for exercising must be really low.

This also means 2 weeks of p90x are complete or you have completed p14x.

Great job

Starting to see more cheek bone in the face. Diet is pretty easy now. Helps planning three days at a time, then all we do is follow the menu for the day.
  • tabi26
    Options
    I have the polar ft60 and I LOVE that thing!

This week I've decided to do more cardio along wi the regular workouts. I know that my body needs a TON of cardio for good results, so we'll see how that goes. I'm on my 'recovery' week this week. I'm not looking forward to it lol.
  • jmecale72
    Options

My first 30 days will be at the end of this coming week. I can post some pics. I wanna see what kind of changes have happened too. I don't anticipate major changes, but I do anticipate some changes.
  • jmecale72
    Options
    So this week starts the recovery week for me. Honestly, I am welcoming this week. Last week, especially over the weekend, I felt tired and run down. I needed some rest. SO hopefully I can get some rest in this week. I'm still going to bring it and do my best and forget the rest!!
  • tabi26
    Options
    So this week starts the recovery week for me. Honestly, I am welcoming this week. Last week, especially over the weekend, I felt tired and run down. I needed some rest. SO hopefully I can get some rest in this week. I'm still going to bring it and do my best and forget the rest!!

I start my recovery week today too! Don't get too excited lol. I was going to do the 'Lean' version of whatever so I started with the core synergistics workout.....it's horribly hard lol. And it was KILLER! I expect to be dying this week as well lol. Good luck :) We can do this!!!
  • golferd
    Options
    Congrats for those on your recovery week. Can't wait to hear about next cycle starting week 4