p90x classic started 3/21

Options

Replies

• TAMMY_76
    TAMMY_76 Posts: 199
    Options
    So here's another random thought...

I was talking with my wife the other day and I told her that when I'm finished with the first 90 days I was going to buy myself a P90X t-shirt.Now to some people, they might say, "Well it's only a t-shirt...what's the big deal?"

Well for those of us are bringing it by being on this P90X journey, a simple t-shirt means so much more.

Here's what that t-shirt represents to me...

- I committed to a lifestyle change that will continue well past that first 90 days.
    - I committed to "bringing it" everyday for 90 days.
    - I did "actual DNA removal" and transformed myself for the better.
    - All the recovery drink that I put in my body...
    - The time and the energy it took to "press play"!
    - The mentality of "do your best and forget the rest"!

So as simple as a t-shirt may seem to others, to me it represents a new beginning for me....

So...who's gonna get a t-shirt? :wink:
    i totally agree i am so getting one ;)
  • jmecale72
    jmecale72 Posts: 214
    Options
    good morning p90x'ers lets bring it hard today!!!!!

BRINGING IT!!!!
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    So here's another random thought...

I was talking with my wife the other day and I told her that when I'm finished with the first 90 days I was going to buy myself a P90X t-shirt.Now to some people, they might say, "Well it's only a t-shirt...what's the big deal?"

Well for those of us are bringing it by being on this P90X journey, a simple t-shirt means so much more.

Here's what that t-shirt represents to me...

- I committed to a lifestyle change that will continue well past that first 90 days.
    - I committed to "bringing it" everyday for 90 days.
    - I did "actual DNA removal" and transformed myself for the better.
    - All the recovery drink that I put in my body...
    - The time and the energy it took to "press play"!
    - The mentality of "do your best and forget the rest"!

So as simple as a t-shirt may seem to others, to me it represents a new beginning for me....

So...who's gonna get a t-shirt? :wink:
    i totally agree i am so getting one ;)

Ok, I have to admit dissapointed at the design of P90x at beachbody.com. Has anybody found shirts anywhere else that celebrate the journey?? If not we will have to come up with a design ourselves. If I am going to brag, I want everyone to know what I am bragging about :) just sayin
  • golferd
    Options
    Just wanted to make sure everyone recognized the 4-21 date. Considering we started on 3-21. Doing great, make sure you take a few mintues to reflect what you have accomplished in such a short time. If you bring it each time, here are a few:
    New Friends, Dedication, Increased strength, increased endurance, better fitting clothes/smaller clothes, increased reps, building abs and muscles, not as many double takes when you see exercising names, role model, better diet, new toys- HRM, better form, and dont dwell too long on what you have lost. "inches and pounds"

Congrats and thanks for being there with me!!!!!!
  • golferd
    Options
    Yoga done, week 5 day 4 done. Anybody get toe lock yet, I am pretty flexible but not yet?

684 calories
    34% cal fat
    62 min fat burn
    31 fitness
    111 avg hr
    150 max

P58 left
  • JenniB619
    JenniB619 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Today was week 2 day 5 for me! I did back and legs today... I LOVED the work out! I love that my legs get such a workout and i can definately feel all the muscle building. Im excited. However, after my 1st rest week Im going to be switching to the classic version rather then continuing with the lean. :)
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Legs/Back and Ab Ripper done for the day :)

My workouts will be somewhat modified for about a week now as I'm going to visit my hubby and since we are in a camper I have no chin up bar, but I am going to look into finding some resistance bands and maybe trying them out while I'm there. It will be a little awkward since I'll have to do it all outside....in front of strangers lol. It'll be just me and the laptop...I'm sure it will be amusing for some hahahaha!
  • golferd
    Options
    Legs and back, abs day 33 still no days missed for wife and I.

1083 cal
    17% fat burn
    19 min fat burn
    74 fitness
    138 avg hr
    174 max hr

Keno tomorrow or p56 left
  • jmecale72
    Options
    Legs/Back and Ab Ripper done for the day :)

My workouts will be somewhat modified for about a week now as I'm going to visit my hubby and since we are in a camper I have no chin up bar, but I am going to look into finding some resistance bands and maybe trying them out while I'm there. It will be a little awkward since I'll have to do it all outside....in front of strangers lol. It'll be just me and the laptop...I'm sure it will be amusing for some hahahaha!

You'll be fine! I'm just proud of you for still bringing it!
  • golferd
    Options
    Week 5 day 6 is done kenpo. P34 is done. It is hard to believe but week five is almost done, just having stretch left. I start phase two of the diet plan tomorrow. Down to 4 proteins and gain a carb. Tomorrow everybody is going to need to be careful with Easter and diets. Don't make choices you will spends days regretting,

743 calories
    15% cal fat
    18 min fat burn
    46 fitness min
    139 avg hr
    174 max

Happy Easter everyone, and your doing great.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Survived Back and Biceps tonight ... made it through the whole video and really brought it. My pull ups improved quite a bit (still using the chair of course)!
  • golferd
    Options
    Completed 5 weeks of p90x with the stretch day/rest day (no days missed so far). However, I had to do more exercising based on the Easter eating I did. So, wife and I took the kids to the bike trail and did a run walk for almost an hour. My running has improved a-lot, since January 1 thanks to the biking and the p90x.

Ate more easter food and decided I better play Wii and work on some house chores. With all of this work, I was able to meet the calorie goal of the day with 42 to spare.

This is just the p90x stretch info
    193 calories
    58% cal fat
    66 min fat burn
    85 avg hr
    120 max
  • golferd
    Options
    Started week 6 today. Moving along good. Also, did some time on the recumbent bike today for an extra assistance on seeing new weight loss, add this to working on the car and you have a new weight loss goal hit. I am now 4 pounds away from seeing the 1xx's. I am thankful for my friends and MFP for the help along the way.

During the workout today increased some weights and increased number of reps when possible. ABS have improved on strength as I can complete the scissor kicks without pain like before in my lower back. Touched the floor on one side during mason twist.

857 calories
    27% cal fat
    41 min fat burn
    44 min fitness
    128 avg hr
    165 max
  • sax321
    sax321 Posts: 26
    Options
    You guys are all doing so well!!! I am very impressed. I had a tough couple of weeks with school. But I am in the mindset that I can't allow excuses to get in the way. I need to make time. So I am back!! (I pray!!) What an awesome workout Chest, Shoulders and Triceps are!! How can anyone truly do a 1-arm pushup 90% of the way through a workout. I can actually barely type my arms are wasted!!!

Keep up the great work -- you are inspiring me to keep my perspective!!
    Thank you!!!
  • CSivils
    CSivils Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How do you all log the calories for all of the different videos??
    For the strength training ones and Ab Ripper X, I log them as aerobic low impact.
    For Cardio X and Core Synergistics, I log them as aerobic general.
    For Ply, I log as aerobics high impact.
    Yoga is the yoga one, and X Stretch, I put mild stretching.

Just kinda curious what everyone is logging them as!!

Thanks!
  • jmecale72
    Options
    OK guys...I have to admit something...the past few days I've been feeling a lil discouraged. I can tell by the food choices I've been making. It's almost as if I get the feeling of..."I'm tired of watching my calories and what I can and can't eat." kind of attitude and that is causing me to make some pretty bad easting decisions. While I am still working out and "Bringing It" I feel like I've let myself down on the nutrition/ diet side of things. I need to find that motivation and desire again to get everything balanced out.

On a brighter note, I am on week three of Phase two and I did the Chest, Shoulders and Tricep workout last. I felt stronger and my endurance seemed better....
  • tabi26
    Options
    OK guys...I have to admit something...the past few days I've been feeling a lil discouraged. I can tell by the food choices I've been making. It's almost as if I get the feeling of..."I'm tired of watching my calories and what I can and can't eat." kind of attitude and that is causing me to make some pretty bad easting decisions. While I am still working out and "Bringing It" I feel like I've let myself down on the nutrition/ diet side of things. I need to find that motivation and desire again to get everything balanced out.

On a brighter note, I am on week three of Phase two and I did the Chest, Shoulders and Tricep workout last. I felt stronger and my endurance seemed better....

I know exactly how you feel. The last little while I've been eating terrible and even missed some workouts. Just pick yourself back up and go at it again, we're all trying to be healthier people and sometimes we make a few bad calls but as long as you just get back at it then it doesn't really matter. Don't let a few bad days wreck your resolve to be a better you :)
  • jmecale72
    Options

I know exactly how you feel. The last little while I've been eating terrible and even missed some workouts. Just pick yourself back up and go at it again, we're all trying to be healthier people and sometimes we make a few bad calls but as long as you just get back at it then it doesn't really matter. Don't let a few bad days wreck your resolve to be a better you :)

I know what you mean. Today has been a better day for me as far as food. I still have 1,00 calories left and the food I've eaten already has been good food. I just need to stay focused and not let my impulses get the best of me...
  • tabi26
    Options
    Done chest, shoulders, and triceps. I didn't do ab ripper today as I'm feeling a little queasy.

Here is what my HRM said today:

Time: 56:25
    Calories burned: 244
    Calories from fat: 48%
    Average HR: 108
    Max. HR: 147

I was actually suppose to do plyo today but I missed yesterdays workout and so I did yesterdays and did 'c25k week one' today too. Will probably fit another walk in today yet too :)
  • golferd
    Options
    How do you all log the calories for all of the different videos??
    For the strength training ones and Ab Ripper X, I log them as aerobic low impact.
    For Cardio X and Core Synergistics, I log them as aerobic general.
    For Ply, I log as aerobics high impact.
    Yoga is the yoga one, and X Stretch, I put mild stretching.

Just kinda curious what everyone is logging them as!!

Thanks!

I created exercises that way I can reference them for the future. Get calorie burn from hrm. Working great, also makes faster input. Good luck