p90x classic started 3/21

Options

Replies

• jmecale72
    jmecale72 Posts: 214
    Options
    I also started p90x on March 21st! I am still going strong :) I am doing the lean version.

Welcome!!!
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    It was Kenpo day! At first I really hated this one since I had no coordination, but now I LOVE it! A few more days until 30 day pics....a little nervous lol.

Stats for this workout :
    Average HR: 132
    Max HR: 181
    Was in Zone 1: 14:59
    Zone 2: 14:59 (wow! the same lol)
    Zone 3: 21:09Burned 468 cal
    27% from fat

Hope everyone is doing good :)
    BRING IT :)
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Week 3 day 3 complete. Arms, shoulders and abs.

Used 30 pound dumbbells for several workouts. Almost keeping up with them in the video.

Abs still improving, but can't hang like the mind says.

Wife is doing a great job, keeping up we alternate pushing each other. She has increased her weight as well.

HRM

Calories 873
    Cal fat 20%
    fat burn 20:00
    Fitness 1 hr
    Average 134 hr
    Max 167

P17x complete
    Tomorrow welcomes p72. Almost done with 7's already
  • jmecale72
    Options
    So I have a question for everyone...

How many people are following the nutrition guide for the program? I was talking with my coach the other day and he was looking at my numbers here. He said I should increase my protein content and lower my carb intake. He said my current diet was more inline for the third phase. So I went back and looked at the nutrition guide again. I can see why he told me to increase my protein intake. I also ran the numbers again and the nutrition guide said I should be consuming about 2700 calories a day, which is almost double of the calories I'm consuming now.

So now, should I up my caloric intake, or stay the same? I understand the theory behind the P90X nutrition guide, and from everyone who I've talked to, they swear that the nutrition aspect is EXTREMELY important, especially in the fat burning stage.

So any thoughts?
  • tabi26
    Options

How many people are following the nutrition guide for the program? I was talking with my coach the other day and he was looking at my numbers here. He said I should increase my protein content and lower my carb intake. He said my current diet was more inline for the third phase. So I went back and looked at the nutrition guide again. I can see why he told me to increase my protein intake. I also ran the numbers again and the nutrition guide said I should be consuming about 2700 calories a day, which is almost double of the calories I'm consuming now.

So now, should I up my caloric intake, or stay the same? I understand the theory behind the P90X nutrition guide, and from everyone who I've talked to, they swear that the nutrition aspect is EXTREMELY important, especially in the fat burning stage.

So any thoughts?

I'm following the nutrition guide...I think...lol. I just went in and put the percentages into the 'Custom' thing. Funny thing is that before P90X I was on a low carb diet and with P90X I get to eat a whole heck of alot more carbs! YAY!

From my own research and my own experience, if I eat alot of carbs I don't lose weight or inches. So I have learned to cut them back. So for myself, the less carbs the better.

I also don't eat 1800 cal/day like the guide wants, since I find that to be a ridiculous amount of food for me. I do eat back most of my exercise calories though. In fact since I'm only 'allowed' 1200/day I use it as my motivation.....so I can eat! lol

If you feel good at your current calorie goal then I wouldn't change it. I would make sure to eat back your exercise calories though :)

If you are feeling tired and hungry all the time then I would add some more calories and see how you feel after a week or two.

Hope anything I said helps lol. :)
  • tabi26
    Options
    I didn't do Stretch today :( I think I may be getting sick as I just wasn't feeling it today. I did do my cardio, but I feel like I didn't even make an effort :( I sure hope everyone is having a much better day than I am lol.
  • jmecale72
    Options

So any thoughts?

I'm following the nutrition guide...I think...lol. I just went in and put the percentages into the 'Custom' thing. Funny thing is that before P90X I was on a low carb diet and with P90X I get to eat a whole heck of alot more carbs! YAY!

From my own research and my own experience, if I eat alot of carbs I don't lose weight or inches. So I have learned to cut them back. So for myself, the less carbs the better.

I also don't eat 1800 cal/day like the guide wants, since I find that to be a ridiculous amount of food for me. I do eat back most of my exercise calories though. In fact since I'm only 'allowed' 1200/day I use it as my motivation.....so I can eat! lol

If you feel good at your current calorie goal then I wouldn't change it. I would make sure to eat back your exercise calories though :)

If you are feeling tired and hungry all the time then I would add some more calories and see how you feel after a week or two.

That does help....it makes common sense. I guess what I'm concerned about is reaching a plateau with my weight loss. Last week I lost one pound and this past week I didn't lose anything. Maybe I should be so concerned about it, but I am....
  • tabi26
    Options

So any thoughts?

That does help....it makes common sense. I guess what I'm concerned about is reaching a plateau with my weight loss. Last week I lost one pound and this past week I didn't lose anything. Maybe I should be so concerned about it, but I am....

I reached a plateau (had been gaining and losing the same pound since Feb. lol) so I figured I had nothing to lose and started eating back my excercise calories. That was on Saturday or Sunday I think, when I made that decision, and I've lost nearly 3 lbs since then! I don't know if that's what did it for sure or anything, but that's what happened :)

I've finally just settled into the thinking that this is not a 'diet' but a 'life style change'. So I asked myself a few things...like...would i only want to eat 1200 cal for the rest of my life???? Not a chance! So I exercise so I can eat more and I do EAT MORE! And when I reach my goal either I'll get a new goal or change my settings in here to 'maintain my weight'.
  • golferd
    Options
    Tested the dedication but yoga is done. Body struggled all night. Extremely shaky.

519 calories
    40% fat cal
    1 hr 20 min fat burn
    14 min fitness

Average hr 101
    Max 127

18 days complete and p71x tomorrow
  • jmecale72
    Options

So any thoughts?

I reached a plateau (had been gaining and losing the same pound since Feb. lol) so I figured I had nothing to lose and started eating back my excercise calories. That was on Saturday or Sunday I think, when I made that decision, and I've lost nearly 3 lbs since then! I don't know if that's what did it for sure or anything, but that's what happened :)

I've finally just settled into the thinking that this is not a 'diet' but a 'life style change'. So I asked myself a few things...like...would i only want to eat 1200 cal for the rest of my life???? Not a chance! So I exercise so I can eat more and I do EAT MORE! And when I reach my goal either I'll get a new goal or change my settings in here to 'maintain my weight'.

That is a great way to put things into perspective. I guess I'm just afraid of gaining weight. But maybe as long as I'm working out everyday, things will be ok.
  • TAMMY_76
    TAMMY_76 Posts: 199
    Options
    on week 2 day 3 of classic
  • jmecale72
    Options

Great job!!! Continue to bring it!!!
  • tabi26
    Options

YAY! You can do this! Just keep bringing it! :)
  • golferd
    Options
    Legs arms abs and biking done tonight. Rode this morning as well.

Today was week 3 day 5

Increased weight on several exercises. 30 pound dumbbells on calf raises. Still struggle with pull ups but getting better. Wife is using the pull up bar as well. Working upstairs with no ac yet must have been 85+. My shirt was disgusting from the sweat when

The following includes tonights bike ride.
    1331 calories 17% fat
    23 min fat burn
    1hr 31 min fitness
    Average hr 138
    Max 172

Completed 19 days and tomorrow is the last day in the 70's

Great job everybody. Keep pushing, everyday is a day someone quit the program and they regret it. Push to get your workouts in.
  • tabi26
    Options
    Well I fell off the wagon big time! Lol. Will get back on though on Monday. I won't be home tomorrow until very late so I won't be able to get a workout in until Monday! Hope everyone is doing better than me! Lol.
  • jmecale72
    Options
    Well I fell off the wagon big time! Lol. Will get back on though on Monday. I won't be home tomorrow until very late so I won't be able to get a workout in until Monday! Hope everyone is doing better than me! Lol.

Yea yea yea! What about the pics?? LOL Just kiddin! :wink:

We all fall off and we all get back on! You're doing well and I know you will continue to bring it!!!!
  • tabi26
    Options

Yea yea yea! What about the pics?? LOL Just kiddin! :wink:

We all fall off and we all get back on! You're doing well and I know you will continue to bring it!!!!

Don't worry, if I don't get my pics up tomorrow I will Monday morning :)

Thanks for the support :)
  • golferd
    Options
    So, kenpo was completed 20 days complete. Enjoyed the moves and hrm kept beeping about top of the range.
    71 minutes of biking completed
    3 cars washed

Not too bad of a day.

Start the 60s tomorrow of p90x.

Great job remember post pics at 30, 60, and 90
  • jmecale72
    Options
    I'm trying to post pics and it is NOT working. I may just have to post a link for everyone to check them out....
  • jmecale72
    Options
    UGHHH!!!!!! LOL