100 Push-up challenge! Who's with me?

Options
ajbeans
ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
Group is full! But if you want to do the challenge, do it anyway! Start another group and do it alongside us. :) We're all in this together!

Today I'm taking the initial test to start the 100 push-up challenge, and I'm going to start with Week 1 on Monday. Who wants to join me? Here's the website:

http://hundredpushups.com/index.html

All it takes is a few minutes at a time, 3 times a week. Push-ups are great for your arms, of course, but they also help build core strength. The website says you can do modified push-ups and still get the benefits from the program, so don't be scared if you feel like you can't do a "regular" push-up. Give it a try!

I'd like to keep this group kind of small-ish. Maybe 15 or 20 people. Not because I want to be exclusive, but I just think we'll be able to support one another better if we don't get huge. So if you want to join, sign up here, and take your initial test today or tomorrow. Then we start Week 1 on Monday!

Group so far:
ajbeans
katapple
mmtiernan
LareishaH
xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
vraesgame
cessnaholly
skinnyme125
dlaplume2
skitchlu
itsbigjoesgal
lionempress
rockabyesarojane
TabithaN
Jessica_Lo
mnishi
xnattiex
Genesista
Tobi1013
4loveofkids

Replies

• katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!!! Can't wait :)

I've started the initial test so many times but never kept up, maybe now I can hold myself accountable :)
  • ajbeans
    Options
    Just did my test, and as I expected, I'll be in the far left column for the challenge. I did 5. Tried a 6th, but it was all wobbly and poor form, so I'm not counting it. That's ok! By the end of summer I'll be doing dozens of them. :)
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Always wanted to do this challenge!
  • LareishaH
    LareishaH Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I love challenges! I'm in!!!
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Im in :) xx
  • vraesgame
    vraesgame Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    i just did day one of week one last night... my initial test was 3, LOL. I have no arm strength. However, I did do a total of 13 last night.... for me that's good. :tongue:

I'll hold off on any more days and begin on monday with everyone.
  • ajbeans
    Options
    i just did day one of week one last night... my initial test was 3, LOL. I have no arm strength. However, I did do a total of 13 last night.... for me that's good. :tongue:

That is AWESOME!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a shot.
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 4 of this program, and it ROCKS!!!! I hope you find a good group to support you in this. This program WORKS!! I have doubled the amount of pushups I could do a month ago. Good luck! You're going to love this! :)
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I will join. I want to improve my arms real bad any way and this sounds like it could actually be kind of fun.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    That is so cool, I'm in. I started 30day shred doing girly pushup, but now I can do real pushups. This is a good way to increase my numbers.
  • ajbeans
    Options
    I'm in week 4 of this program, and it ROCKS!!!! I hope you find a good group to support you in this. This program WORKS!! I have doubled the amount of pushups I could do a month ago. Good luck! You're going to love this! :)

That's fantastic! Thanks for the encouragement and the feedback on the program. :)
  • skitchlu
    skitchlu Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Ok - sign me up!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join, as my trainer started making me do pushups, my first try was 3 and by the 3rd I was at 10... So I will start with everyone else on Monday? ...
  • lionempress
    lionempress Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm down too. I need to get these arms in shape and I want to confront push-ups. I'll do my test tonight!
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    still space available? i'm in!
  • ajbeans
    Options
    Yay! We're getting a nice-sized group! I think we can fit about 8 more.
  • TabithaN
    TabithaN Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MyFitnessPal, but I'm in if there is still space open.

Tabitha
  • Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I started Wed. Can I still join? I started with 1 so for the person that did 3 WAY TO GO. lol
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I love a good challenge.