100 Push-up challenge! Who's with me?

Options

Replies

• mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Only one more workout and we finish Week 1 !!! Great job everyone!!!

Michelle
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Day two complete but it was hard. Seems easier when I tense my tummy and bottom. Not sure why.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Day two complete but it was hard. Seems easier when I tense my tummy and bottom. Not sure why.

Because that's when you're doing it properly. :) It distributes the weight more evenly. It's like the difference between carrying a child who's awake, and one who's sleeping soundly. The awake child will help hold himself up, where the sleeping child is all floppy and it's harder to carry him.

Great job everyone! Are you feeling super buff yet? :-P
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    LOL Super buff? No. But man it feels good to say I've gotten to day two in this whole thing. I used to be the type to say I'll do it and then forget about it. Huge accomplishment for me! It's gonna be so awesome just to get through this. :D:D:D
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    AJ - Im rubbish - I have not been in the house all week- think my bf thinks he doesnt ahve a gf n e more lol! I will be sure to start tonight though - Im sorry to have let u down :( xx
  • Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    W1D2 Complete. 24 all on my toes. Did 12 on the last set. :>O Hubby watched my form and everything. This is from a girl that started doing 1. Woop woop. lol
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    OKAY! SO! lastnight i did day1week1 and squeezed out 45 push ups. (modified)
    I can't believe i was able to do that many in only 5-6 minutes. I'm amazed. Although my arms were SHAKING on the last push up of my last set. But i grunted it out! yay!
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 1 - I did - 2-3-2-2-6 so a total of 15! I only had 30 sec breaks coz i was bored haha should have made longer then might have been able to do more at the end well day 2 cummin up :) x
  • ajbeans
    Options
    Great job ladies! Woo hoo! :) And Bunny, I know exactly what you mean. I'm the same way. I've "started" C25K about 3 times now, and lots of other challenges get bookmarked and forgotten. That's kind of why I started this thread. I figured I couldn't be the only one with that problem, and maybe if we all did it together we'd stick with it. :)
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    so glad I have you all to keep me motivated!!

push-ups: W1C2D3 ~ 53 Max 15 on my toes, then followed with 6 on my knees when I couldn't go any more on my toes :)

sit-ups: W3C2D3 ~ 142, max 40
  • ajbeans
    Options
    I'm going to delay Day 3 for myself. I'm developing a migraine. Should have done my challenge this morning, but I procrastinated and now it's just not gonna happen.
  • Jessica_Lo
    Options
    ajbeans...sorry to hear about your headache. :flowerforyou:

Are you going to update a progress report after each week? I keep trying to see how well people are doing but it's hard to keep up and go back.

Maybe people should put on their update where they started so we see how they are doing?
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options

Maybe people should put on their update where they started so we see how they are doing?

I like this idea! it was fun to see how many more I've done in only 3 days!!

IT: 10 (toes)

Week 1 results
    D1: 15 max, 35 total (toes)
    D2: 16 max, 42 total (toes)
    D2: 15 max on toes, followed by 6 on knees, 53 total
  • Jessica_Lo
    Options
    ^^ love the format. Lets use that!!!

IT: 5 (toes)

D1: 8 max, 17 total
    D2: 12 max, 24 total
    D3: TBD
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    AJ don't feel too bad, I'm going to have to post pone til tomorrow. I flaked over lunch and just remembered. I'm not going to have time since after work is going to be a flat out sprint to get ready/to my husbands show.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Woot!! Week One completed!!!!

Initial Test: 13 (knees)

Week 1 results
    D1: 13 max, 49 total (knees)
    D2: 15 max, 53 total (knees)
    D2: 17 max, 61 total (knees)

Total for the week: 163 pushups!!!!
  • EverythingCubbies
    EverythingCubbies Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    IT - 7 (toes)
    W1D1 - 30 (10 max)
    W1D2 - 36 (10 max)
    W1D3 - 45 (13 max)

I can't believe I'm up to 45! So awesome!!:bigsmile:

AJ - hope ur feeling better.

Everyone that posted, great job this week!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Done. 28+ pushups! Not buff - hahaha. But sore in a good way. My Hubby's even started doing them with me to "support" me. Of course, he's a mechanic and spent 6 years in the Navy so there's really no contest. Doing them is still wicked hard but is getting a little easier at the same time if that makes any sense. On to Week 2.
  • ajbeans
    Options
    Goooooood morning! You guys are doing great! As to the question about keeping track, yes, I'm trying to keep a small table of daily totals for everyone, and I'll post it when everyone finishes Week 1. I'm hoping that by the middle of next week we can all be on the same page again. But if not, I'll just post the table on the weekends. No big deal.

I'm going to do my W3D3 in a little bit. :)
  • ajbeans
    Options
    W3D3: 30! I did 11 on the last round. We were at the park and I didn't have my sheet of paper so I'm not sure I did the other sets properly, but I knew they were all around 4 or 5, so I just guessed.