100 Push-up challenge! Who's with me?

Options

Replies

• sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I got 6 (modified) and then my arms told me where I could go. Ahem. I knew I was weak but wow!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Yay Katie! Putting me to shame. :) And whatchoo talkin' about, Bunny? You did great! And by the end of all this, we'll all be selling tickets to the gun show. Schyeah!
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I am SO looking forward to it! Heh the sit up one didn't go as hot either so I'm looking forward to those results too. I'm going to be toned I tell you what.
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    totally forgot to do b4 curves and wasnt gonna do after lol so I will do mine 2moz :) xxx

Well done guys that have started - thanks aj I really needed this challenge to focus on something other than weight loss! :) xxx
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Just did my test and was able to do 13 modified (i.e. on my knees) pushups. Looking forward to improving!!

Thanks so much, ajbeans, for starting this. I really needed something to focus on while I am dealing with a running injury. Additionally, I am staring a fitness bootcamp next month and this just puts me one step ahead of the game!!
  • ajbeans
    Options
    Nice, Tobi!

And thank YOU all for joining this challenge with me. I'm happy with how many people want to do the challenge -- I've even seen a couple of other groups starting up. That makes me happy. I love that we can all help each other get rough and tough and buff and stuff, not just skinny. :)
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Yeah Tobi and Lil bunny!

I was so excited I posted about it on FB, so now I have 10 friends joining me on that route!! :):)
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Yeah Tobi and Lil bunny!

I was so excited I posted about it on FB, so now I have 10 friends joining me on that route!! :):)

That's awesome!!!
  • ajbeans
    Options
    That's awesome, Katie! :)
  • ajbeans
    Options
    Everybody who hasn't yet done your initial test, please do it today! You'll want to rest those arms on Sunday so you can hit it on Monday.
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Initial test: 14 push-ups. I know that I shouldn't be disappointed - that's pretty good at 48 - but I have to admit that I was hoping for 20!

First day = Monday! Bring it on!

Michelle
  • ajbeans
    Options
    Initial test: 14 push-ups. I know that I shouldn't be disappointed - that's pretty good at 48 - but I have to admit that I was hoping for 20!

First day = Monday! Bring it on!

Michelle

Are you kidding? 14 is great! :)
  • lionempress
    lionempress Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    OK so this challenge is very necessary, Push-ups are my frenemy and I seriously lack the upper strength. So with that intro, drum roll please
    ... drdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdr .....
    my initial test was 4 knee push ups
    :ohwell: :embarassed:
    anywho, I'm looking forward to improving that #.
    Looking forward to Monday!
  • lionempress
    lionempress Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I just did 3 sets of 20 wall pushups, with my feet 3 ft from the wall for some practice. I'd suggest that to anyone that struggled like crazy to do < 5 knee push-ups. :wink:
    Don't be embarrassed we are all here at different levels, but all want to improve so let's be honest.
  • ajbeans
    Options

Don't be embarrassed we are all here at different levels, but all want to improve so let's be honest.

Exactly. A couple of months ago I was just happy to do 5 knee push-ups, and now I can do lots of them. That's why we're DOING this challenge, to get stronger! :) No need to be embarrassed. We're all going to be rocking it at the end of the program!

Anybody who still hasnt' done their test, please do it! We start on Monday, and push-ups ARE weight training, so you need rest days in between. If you need more info, check the challenge website. If you do forget to do your initial test, you'll just need to make sure to take a day off before jumping into Week 1.
  • genesista
    Options
    Hello Everyone:

I am new to MFPand still trying to navigate around.

I did the test I was able to do 15 in a row with my knees up - ya the whimpy kind - I will work towards the harder ones eventually!
  • ajbeans
    Options
    Hello Everyone:

I am new to MFPand still trying to navigate around.

I did the test I was able to do 15 in a row with my knees up - ya the whimpy kind - I will work towards the harder ones eventually!

Welcome! Glad you found us! :)

A couple of months ago I could only do 6 pushups from my knees. Now I can do 5 regular ones. By the end of summer I fully intend to be doing them by the hundreds. :) We all have to start somewhere!
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    My Initial test was 6 normal push ups! I went for 7 but it was a bit of a pretent one haha!! See ya all on monday :) x
  • ajbeans
    Options
    My Initial test was 6 normal push ups! I went for 7 but it was a bit of a pretent one haha!! See ya all on monday :) x

Awesome job!
  • ajbeans
    Options
    Fewer than half of our group has checked in with their initial test. That makes me sad. :( Take the test and post your results! Let's do this thing! :)