Options

Replies

• Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options

so, idk if i should:

(a) re-do week 5, column 2, day 1 again
    (b) go down a level to column 1
    (c) or, move on to week 5, column 2, day 2 (b/c i did actually complete the push ups, though not "consecutively"...

thoughts?!? opinions?!?

my #'s today- week 5, column 2, day 1: 28, 35, 25, 22, 35 = 145 total push ups

So hard for me to say, I don't quite get the column thing (cause I do mine on my Android app) but I'm sure you mean the same as resetting back to an earlier day (which I've done on my app more than once).

Only advise I have is to be at a place where you are challenged to build strength but not at a point where you can't do it!

Your doing great!! Just keep it up!!!!!
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    wow!!! 43 push ups is great cristy!!!

i did week 5, column 2, day 1 today & it was very tough... idk if it was the long break or what... of my 5 sets i had to do 2 sets of 35... & though i completed them, i stopped for a few seconds on both (i stopped around 25, waited abt 20 seconds & finished the last 15) :grumble: so, idk if i should:

(a) re-do week 5, column 2, day 1 again
    (b) go down a level to column 1
    (c) or, move on to week 5, column 2, day 2 (b/c i did actually complete the push ups, though not "consecutively"...

thoughts?!? opinions?!?

my #'s today- week 5, column 2, day 1: 28, 35, 25, 22, 35 = 145 total push ups

I just ran into this same problem on Monday. W5D1L2 was pretty flippin hard and I didn't finish the last 35. However, I didn't even think about taking a longer rest like you did. I personally opted to lower myself to level 1. It isn't too easy that I am not working out and building strength. However, it is a level I can actually complete. I think it is up to you on what you feel most comfortable with.

Here is my log for today. Push up W5D1L1: 17, 19, 15, 15, 20 = 86 (45 sec rest)
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    great job everyone!! & thanks for the advice...

after i did my push ups on tuesday & commented on this thread asking for advice i went to sleep & i had a dream about push ups... crazy that i'm dreaming about push ups, i know :laugh: but the dream was very helpful...

there was a guy (idk who the guy was)... but he told me (1) not to go back to column 1... because that column was too easy & i'm past that point... and (2) not to move on to day 2, b/c (although i did all my push ups) i KNOW that i didn't complete those push ups consecutively...

soooo... i'm doing week 5, column 2, day 1 **again** today... if i'm unable to complete the 35 consecutively this time, then i'll reevaluate somethings... wish me luck!! :wink:
  • GoldenGirl1979
    Options
    I DID IT :drinker: week 5, column 2, day 1!!!! i was so proud of myself after i did them... the first set of 35 was kinda rough... but for some reason, the last set of 35 went by so quickly!! i counted to 15 twice and then 5 (usually count in sets of ten)... maybe that was what helped me... idk... all i know is I DID IT :laugh: will be moving on to week 5, column 2, day 2 on saturday!! woohoo!!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    Options
    did week 5, column 2, day 2 on saturday... all consecutive :smile: yay!! my #'s were: 18-18-20-20-14-14-16-40... waited about 3 minutes before i did that last set of 40... 150 push ups total!!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Wow, Great work! Love the answers coming in dreams! I have redone week 6 day 1 today I got through all is it with two short stops in the last set of 40. Going to keep doing it until I feel I've done it well. Don't mind if it takes me weeks to get through the last week. I know U could not do 100 consecutive pushups right now, so I have to keep building strength!
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    I forgot to post this yesterday.
    Push up W5D2L1: 10, 10 13, 13, 10, 10, 9, 25 = 100
    It felt great to get 100 push ups done in about 8 minutes! I know I am far from being able to 100 non-stop. I will keep pushing forward though!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    Options
    WTG cristy & bmfrazie!! Keep up the great work!! I did week 5, column 2 day 3 today... My numbers were:

18-18-20-20-17-17-20-45= 175 total push ups!! Exhaustion test on Wednesday!!!
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    Push ups: W5D3L1: 13, 13, 15, 15, 12, 12, 10, 30 = 120 ----No extra rest needed and I did these easy! I can tell I am getting stronger as this goes on...even if I have had to take longer to get it accomplished!

Golden girl good luck on the test!
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    I did the test for moving on this morning and did 40 push ups (last week I did 36). However, it wasn't enough to move onto week 6. UGH am I ever going to be able to finish this?!? I guess here is to Week 5 again but trying Column 2 this go round!

I am pretty sure if I would have looked at the numbers before I did this I would have had the strength to get through those extra few
  • GoldenGirl1979
    Options
    you'll get there bmfrazie!! i have faith in you!! yeah, i always look to see how many i "have" to do to move up... it really helps...

ok, so i did my exhaustion test last nite and i did 46 push ups... this was enough to get me in week 6... but not enough to put me in column 2 (the column i've always been in)... i know i could've done the 5 more to put me in column 2 (51 total)... but i stopped at 46... maybe b/c column 2 looked too intimidating, so i subconsciously didn't want to be in column 2 :ohwell:

but after i did the 46, i felt kinda bad...like i had short changed myself... my husband said "you did those 46 so easily, why did you stop? you didn't seem fatigued at all, your form was perfect... why did you stop?" & i really didn't have a good reason why...

sooooooo... i'm thinking about doing another exhaustion test & going for 51... idk...
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    you'll get there bmfrazie!! i have faith in you!! yeah, i always look to see how many i "have" to do to move up... it really helps...

ok, so i did my exhaustion test last nite and i did 46 push ups... this was enough to get me in week 6... but not enough to put me in column 2 (the column i've always been in)... i know i could've done the 5 more to put me in column 2 (51 total)... but i stopped at 46... maybe b/c column 2 looked too intimidating, so i subconsciously didn't want to be in column 2 :ohwell:

but after i did the 46, i felt kinda bad...like i had short changed myself... my husband said "you did those 46 so easily, why did you stop? you didn't seem fatigued at all, your form was perfect... why did you stop?" & i really didn't have a good reason why...

sooooooo... i'm thinking about doing another exhaustion test & going for 51... idk...

The more I think about it the more I want to redo my exhaustion test. I want to atleast hit 50 because that shows that I am half way there.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Golden girl and bmfrazie you are both doing awesome! Proud of you both. I repeated week 6 day 1 again, this time I did them all, the set of 40 (last set) I held my plank at 20, then 10 more and 10 more. Felt good! Thinking I'll do it once more before trying day 2. Keep it up ladiies.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    Options
    nice job cristy!!! did you re-do your exhaustion test bmfrazie? i re-did mine today and did 51!!! starting week 6, column 2 on monday!! keep up the great work ladies:flowerforyou:
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    Goldengirl I decided to just go with what I got originally because I do not believe my body is truly ready to finish this up. I think Week 5 level 2 will put me in a better place to finish this out.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Goldengirl I decided to just go with what I got originally because I do not believe my body is truly ready to finish this up. I think Week 5 level 2 will put me in a better place to finish this out.

You are doing great! Keep it up!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Golden 51 is awesome, great job!

I did week 6 day 1 again today, did the last set after a bit of a rest and did 44, that's 134 total. My goal this week is to do day 2 on Wednesday and day 3 on Friday, and then see where I am, this will be my 12th (maybe longer?) week of this 6 week challenge! :ohwell:
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    Push up W5D1L2 = 28, 35, 25, 22, 35 = 145

OH my this was by far the hardest thing I have done so far!! My body is screaming. I took a 2 min rest for the last set and then I still had to break it down into sets of 5-10 and take a 3 sec rest. However, I am happy I finished them all in regular form.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    Options
    bmfrazie- well you know what is best for your body!! Congrrats on completing week 5, level 2!! That's awesome :smile:

cristy- thanks! You're doing great too!! & you'll get there!!

Today I did week 6, column 2, day 1... 40, 50, 25, 25, 50= 190 total push ups!! The first set of 50 was really tough (took a 2 min break b/t the two sets)... For the last set of 50 I waited about 5 mins b/t the two sets & it was GREAT!! I counted them out in 10 sets of 5 & they were over so quickly!!
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    Push up challenge: W5D2L2: 18, 18, 20, 20, 14, 14, 16, 40 = 160
    I took 50 sec rest between all the sets excpet the last and 3 min rest for last set 40. OUCH!!! I never thought I would be doing 160 push ups!!

Great job Golden Girl! You are almost done!