one hundred pushup challenge!

Options
Someone else started this challenge but wanted a small group and said theirs was full. I'm so interested in doing this. There are also apps to go with it, I haven't downloaded the app for my Android yet, but plan to. Anyway here is the link.

http://www.hundredpushups.com/index.html

Who is with me??

I took my test already and to my amazement (and thanks to Jillian Michaels) I did 21 pushups from my knees, hubby says 19 were at proper form. My plan is to do it through with modified pushups then start it over with "real" pushups, so my goal will be 100 real pushups in 12 weeks. Feel free to join for the six weeks as the program is written. I'll re-do a six week challenge for the second time through.

Please join me to post our progress and encourage one another!

I tested today and will do the sets after work Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Program says you need 30 minutes per week.

Replies

• Sden1231
    Sden1231 Posts: 61
    Options
    I'll do it with u! I already have the app, I just haven't used it yet. I'll take the test tomorrow, can't do it now since I'm rocking my baby to sleep lol
  • Alison_84
    Alison_84 Posts: 86
    Options
    I'm in... I started this before but gave up on week 2. I will also start out with modified push-ups with a goal of being able to complete the whole program with real push-ups (eventually!)

I'll do my test tomorrow evening and post my results!
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    My husband (who hates working out, but is in good shape), son, and daughter are going to do this with me too. Thanks for the challenge. Good luck!!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I've heard it is better to do push-ups from a raised surface - such as a counter top, step, coffee table, etc... rather than do one from your knees. Just thought I'd mention that for those who can't do one from the floor (I can't). Good luck with your challenge. I'm not interested in joining right now, but wish everyone success! I keep thinking of this challenge but am working on so many other things right now. Hope this tidbit was helpful though.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I've heard it is better to do push-ups from a raised surface - such as a counter top, step, coffee table, etc... rather than do one from your knees. Just thought I'd mention that for those who can't do one from the floor (I can't). Good luck with your challenge. I'm not interested in joining right now, but wish everyone success! I keep thinking of this challenge but am working on so many other things right now. Hope this tidbit was helpful though.

Thank you, that option is in the challenge, either bench or wall pushups for those not ready for the floor yet. I've been doing them from my knees (and a few "real" ones) in my workout DVDs so I feel ok (safe) doing them. Great suggestion, though, and maybe you can join me the second time through!
  • stephanie82h
    Options
    Count me in! I'm apart of a 12 week "Lose BIG Challenge" with a community center in my town. We just finished the 5th week. So it is a perfect time for me to start the 6 week push up program. I workout 6 times a week already but I'm ready for a change in my routine and this sounds GREAT!!!
  • lilybean17
    lilybean17 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just stopping by to say how awesome this little program is. I started at 6 pushups (not modified) and at the end of week 4 I could do 42 in a row!! I'm mad at myself to say I started slacking at that point but I'm trying to get back on track to pick it up again. If you guys follow this program you really will see your strength improve fast, it's great.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Count me in! I'm apart of a 12 week "Lose BIG Challenge" with a community center in my town. We just finished the 5th week. So it is a perfect time for me to start the 6 week push up program. I workout 6 times a week already but I'm ready for a change in my routine and this sounds GREAT!!!

Sounds like a great plan, I will continue to do my Jillian DVDs in the morning and this after work.

Excited by so many responses already! This is going to be great!
  • Isa25
    Isa25 Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm planning on starting tomorrow! Already downloaded the iPhone app and did the initial test - 13 good form regular (on my toes!) push ups before my hubby flagged me for not going low enough, ha. That's what I get for having a Marine as a spotter. :tongue:
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Just stopping by to say how awesome this little program is. I started at 6 pushups (not modified) and at the end of week 4 I could do 42 in a row!! I'm mad at myself to say I started slacking at that point but I'm trying to get back on track to pick it up again. If you guys follow this program you really will see your strength improve fast, it's great.
    Thanks! That's so encouraging!!
    Feel free to join us even though you're picking it back up!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    BUMP!
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I looked up the website and would love to join you in this challange. I took the test and could do 10 if I really pushed it. But they were all really wimpy, I didn't get anywhere near the ground. Where should I start? Do you think it's okay if I do them this way with the hopes of getting stronger and being able to go lower or should I do knee ones so I can go all the way down and up?
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I looked up the website and would love to join you in this challange. I took the test and could do 10 if I really pushed it. But they were all really wimpy, I didn't get anywhere near the ground. Where should I start? Do you think it's okay if I do them this way with the hopes of getting stronger and being able to go lower or should I do knee ones so I can go all the way down and up?
    [/quotr]
    Yay! Welcome to the challenge!
    I'm doing them from my knees, maybe read through the info on the website.
    I mean, you want to push yourself, but you don't want it so hard you can't do it or give up!
    You cam always join me for a second tune through with "real" pushups.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I'm planning on starting tomorrow! Already downloaded the iPhone app and did the initial test - 13 good form regular (on my toes!) push ups before my hubby flagged me for not going low enough, ha. That's what I get for having a Marine as a spotter. :tongue:
    That's a great job and welcome!

Lol, I know what you mean I think it hurt my husband (ex air force) to see me do "girl" pushups, I did 21 and he said he'd give me 19. Really want to be able to do 100 from my toes!
  • Sden1231
    Sden1231 Posts: 61
    Options
    I took the test today and I did 8 good form regular pushups. I decided to go ahead and do the regular to challenge myself. I can do the modified ones pretty well thanks to Jillian lol. I actually thought I would do better. Boy was I wrong! Lol I struggled with the last one, so I entered it in as 7 on the app. I'm gonna do the program Monday, Wednesday, and Friday too!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I took the test today and I did 8 good form regular pushups. I decided to go ahead and do the regular to challenge myself. I can do the modified ones pretty well thanks to Jillian lol. I actually thought I would do better. Boy was I wrong! Lol I struggled with the last one, so I entered it in as 7 on the app. I'm gonna do the program Monday, Wednesday, and Friday too!

Great job! Thanks for doing this with me.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Week one day one for me, got my app downloaded (optional for this challenge) will do my first sets after work today! Everybody ready??
  • Isa25
    Isa25 Posts: 46
    Options
    Started week one, day one this morning (decided M, W, F was better timewise)!

I'm doing regular (on toes) and my sets were: 10, 12, 7, 7, 13. Did all the sets without feeling like I was over-exerting AND got the approval of my hubby for form. :smile:
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Started week one, day one this morning (decided M, W, F was better timewise)!

I'm doing regular (on toes) and my sets were: 10, 12, 7, 7, 13. Did all the sets without feeling like I was over-exerting AND got the approval of my hubby for form. :smile:

Awesome!! That is a great start!!!