one hundred pushup challenge!

Options

Replies

• djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    w2d3 - 32 regular push-ups done! Looking foward to week 3! Hope everyone's hanging in there! Have a great weekend:happy:
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I love doing pushups! I use my Swiss ball. When I started in January, I couldn't even do ten, and now I can do 20 at a time. The swiss ball really takes the pressure off my legs but still gives me the challenge.

But, please I need some help. How do I download the counter?
  • PDC72601
    PDC72601 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Week 2 day 3 complete. Getting tougher.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    Week 2 day 3 done a day late (this will probably happen every other Friday. Sets were 16, 17, 14; 14, 20. The end of the 17 set was shaky, the last 5 of the last set if 20 were bad, I wouldn't even count the last 2. Will keep trying. May have to repeat a day or two soon, not sure if I should continue challenge if I'm not completing all sets. The app has an option to rewind to a previous day.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Count me in. I love doing pushups! I use my Swiss ball. When I started in January, I couldn't even do ten, and now I can do 20 at a time. The swiss ball really takes the pressure off my legs but still gives me the challenge.

But, please I need some help. How do I download the counter?

Go to WWW.hundredpushups.com. the links are there. Welcome to the challenge!
  • djthom
    Options
    Finished w3d1 a total of 46 regular push-ups. Forgot we were supposed to retest to see where to continued, so I just continued doing the 1st column. It was tough, but I did it and it felt good. Now I need some good stretches, because I have a feeling I will be sore tomorrow.:smile:
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Week three day one done. Tough but hanging in there. Total of 72! Did the test after and my sets will be smaller now, I think.
  • djthom
    Options
    w3d2 completed 50 regular push-ups. I don't think I'm going to be able to continue, it's getting way too hard!:noway: I may have to go back to w3d1 and do week 3 over until I can do it properly. I'm only getting about half way down and back up, I think I'm supposed to go all the way to the floor. I wish I had a bench to see if I could do them that way for awhile until I get stronger.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Week 3 day 3 done.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    w3d2 completed 50 regular push-ups. I don't think I'm going to be able to continue, it's getting way too hard!:noway: I may have to go back to w3d1 and do week 3 over until I can do it properly. I'm only getting about half way down and back up, I think I'm supposed to go all the way to the floor. I wish I had a bench to see if I could do them that way for awhile until I get stronger.

Maybe you could do wall pushups. ?
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    The app popped up a test Monday and I could not do 20 in proper form, so it lowered my reps this week. A little frustrated at that but I guess I am building strength slowly but surely. Ready for week 4.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the app and i'm starting from day one today (will do once kids are in bed) this looks like a great challenge.
  • djthom
    Options
    Managed to do w3d3 56 regular push ups. Not sure how good they were though, only made it about half way down and back up again. Wall push ups wouldn't be a challange for me. I can do 25 push ups non stop on my knees going all the way down and up again. I don't know whether to continue on the way I'm going or repeat week 3 until I can get all the way down and up again. I don't know if I should be more concerned with how far down I can go or how many I can do going half way?
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I downloaded the app and i'm starting from day one today (will do once kids are in bed) this looks like a great challenge.

Welcome! I think you will like this!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    My sets today are 12, 14, 11, 10, 16. I think because I didn't advance on my test it put me back a week. I'll just keep trying. How's everyone doing?
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I choose lightweight because I was sure I was one, but it's incredibly easy so far.

I did day two yesterday and one to day three tomorrow.

I do however feel it in my arms so while I may not be fully challenging myself, i'm still building a core foundation...possibly in just baby steps
  • djthom
    Options
    Had to back to week 3, day 1 and start over. Completed 45 regular push ups. Also did 20 on knees, trying to get stronger.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    63 total today, all completed all the way up and down without much shaking. Guess its good to back up a little and try harder. Keep telling myself I'm building strength and will get to 100 sooner or later. Great job everyone.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Had to back to week 3, day 1 and start over. Completed 45 regular push ups. Also did 20 on knees, trying to get stronger.

Great job! Mine are all from knees!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I choose lightweight because I was sure I was one, but it's incredibly easy so far.

I did day two yesterday and one to day three tomorrow.

I do however feel it in my arms so while I may not be fully challenging myself, i'm still building a core foundation...possibly in just baby steps
    That's right and it will get more challenging. Great job!