Replies

• EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    This is kind of an amazing find for a site. :smile:
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    Started my program this morning and was told: do as many pushups as you can. I did 34! That's 13 more than when I started! Then I was to choose <35 36-39 or >40. So I guess I'm still in the lowest category (first column, or whatever for those using the web version, my app chooses it for me) . Probably progress through this very slowly, but that's OK, I've really never built upper body strength before, so I'm happy to be doing this! The app said to ne sure to take a rest day before proceeding, so I guess week 5 starts Monday. Happy Friday everyone! I'll check back later for your progress report!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Nice job Cristy!!! 34 push ups is awesome!!!

I completed week 3, column 2 today! My sets were: 16-21-15-15-21... 88 push ups today!! 240 total for the week!! Week 4 starts on Monday!!
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    Ok so I have slacked out for all of this week. Do I just repeat week 4 that I was on or what?
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Ok so I have slacked out for all of this week. Do I just repeat week 4 that I was on or what?

Whatever you feel is right. If it was too difficult you can go back, or just jump back in where you were. Welcome back!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    86 total pushups today.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    Options
    nice job cristy!!!!

ok, so i started week 4, column 2 today & i was a bit nervous... the max was 25 & i'm thinking to myself "can i really do 25 consecutive, good form, push ups?!?"... well, i did it!!! i was so proud of myself!!!

what REALLY helped me finish that last set was a little mind trick my hubby told me... he told me not to think of it as doing 25 push ups, but instead 2 sets of 10 & 1 set of 5... and that's how i counted it out in my head... & it really really worked!!!! my #'s today:

18-22-16-16-25... 97 total push ups today :smile:
  • mixtapemusings
    mixtapemusings Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this. I know I'm late to the game but hope I can still participate!
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Tried Week 6 Day 1 it was hard! Did regular push-ups my sets were 25(barely made it), 30(collapsed on the last one), 20(I thought would be easier,but it wasn't) then 15(again was shaking by the time I was finished. For the final set of 40 I desided to use a bench, I knew I couldn't do them regular. I only made 36 before I completely collapsed, my arms felt like jello. I think I need to go back to week 5. There is no way I'm anywhere near doing 100. I think it will take me another month of week 5 and 6 before I can get there. I WILL NOT QUIT!!!

@mixtapemusings - it's not too late, jump on in. Don't let my rant scare you. I'm sooo much stronger than I used to be. Doing this challange has really helped.

@goldengirl - Great job! That last set is always a killer. Way to go keeping it strong. It's not easy, I know my form was awful near the end of all my sets, that's why I think I need to go back and get stronger before moving on
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Great job Goldengirl! I love the counting trick, I do similar, I'll count the last 5 down backwards, somehow it helps.

Djthom, your progress has been awesome! Great job sticking with it and not getting frustrated!

welcome, mixedtapemusing!
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    And finally I found the time and energy to get back at it. I started over at week4 and dropped to level 1 since I took so much time off.
    Push ups: W4D1L1: 12, 14, 11, 10, 20 = 67
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    And finally I found the time and energy to get back at it. I started over at week4 and dropped to level 1 since I took so much time off.
    Push ups: W4D1L1: 12, 14, 11, 10, 20 = 67

Great job!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    100 pushups! Yay!
    Week 5 day 2
    10 x2 13 x2 10 x2 9 25

I counted out the last set 10 - 10 - 54321!

I'm sure I'll be sore, but it I did it without much shaking!!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    Options
    yay cristy!!! congrats on 100!! that's awesome!!

welcome mixtapemusing!! i was pretty late coming to this challenge too, but everyone was very nice & welcoming!!! have you taken your initial test yet?!?

yesterday my first 4 sets went really well, but that last one was rough... my max was 28 & it was soooo difficult :grumble: i got to 26 & then my body did NOT want to let me do the last two!! lol... i was stuck in plank position & my husband's "inner trainer" came out & he motivated me to finish them... idk how those last 2 looked, but i did them!!

my #'s: (week 4, column 2, day 2) 20-25-20-20-28= 113!!
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congrats on the 100 Christy! Good job knocking out that last set Goldengirl!

I decided doing some regular push-ups and some bench push-ups wasn't helping me. So I'm going to consentrate on doing all regular push-ups. Today I did 14x2,16x2,13x3,11x2 and 21. I will retest at the end of the week and start the program at that point, probably week 4 or 5.
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    Push up 90 sec rest W4D2L1: 14, 16, 12, 12, 20 = 74

I have a 10k on Saturday and I will have to see how to lay out my push ups for next week.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    Options
    Nice job everyone!!

I didn't do my week 4 day 3 push ups on Friday & now my schedule's off :sad: I did them today (Sunday) & I have 2 do an exhaustion test before I move up to week 5... Sooooo... It doesn't look like I'll be starting week 5 tomorrow :ohwell:

My week 4, column 2, day 3 numbers: 23, 28, 23, 23, 33= 130 total push ups
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Nice job everyone!!

I didn't do my week 4 day 3 push ups on Friday & now my schedule's off :sad: I did them today (Sunday) & I have 2 do an exhaustion test before I move up to week 5... Sooooo... It doesn't look like I'll be starting week 5 tomorrow :ohwell:

My week 4, column 2, day 3 numbers: 23, 28, 23, 23, 33= 130 total push ups

You are doing great!! I'm behind again too!! No worries... we'll get there!!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I skipped Friday because I did a TON of pushups in my “Crunch” basic training workout that I found on Netflix on Friday and just didn’t feel like I could effectively do anymore… so I’m still on week 5, day 3 sets are 13 x 2 15 x2 12 x2 10 and 30 (yikes!) I will do them after work and let you know how it goes!!!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    Options
    I skipped Friday because I did a TON of pushups in my “Crunch” basic training workout that I found on Netflix on Friday and just didn’t feel like I could effectively do anymore… so I’m still on week 5, day 3 sets are 13 x 2 15 x2 12 x2 10 and 30 (yikes!) I will do them after work and let you know how it goes!!!

i did a "crunch" workout on netflix last week too & there were a lot of push ups!! i think mine was "boot camp" though... good luck on your push ups tonight!! i think i'll do my exhaustion test tomorrow evening... i need to do 36 in order to start in column 2 of week 5... we shall see :smile: