one hundred pushup challenge!

Options

Replies

• Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    Even though my sets were smaller I feel the sore muscles today. Excited for tomorrow, hoping I can keep up as the sets get bigger again!!
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    I started this challenge this weekend as well as the 200 squat challenge. I am alternating days on them though. Today is my squat day and tomorrow will be push ups. Happy I found this group to help track and hold myself accountable. I started off being able to do 25 regular push ups and plan on doing all my push ups in regular proper form.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    does the squat challenge also have an iphone app? because remarkably it's the app for the iphone that makes my push ups easier to track
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Completed w3d2 total of 50 push-ups. Did the 1st 10 regular and then did the rest using my hope chest as a bench. It solved the problem I was having getting all the way down. Still felt tough, I was struggling by the last one.

@bmfrazie I'm doing the squats too. I started doing them on the opposite day as my push-ups, but didn't always have time. Now I do my squat sets inbetween my push-up sets, it makes for a pretty good work out.
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    Push ups - Day 3 Level 3: 11, 15, 9, 9, 20

Week one done!!!!!
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    @lhawkins1975 : It said that their is an app for it. I don't use the app at all for it so I really am not 100% sure.
    @djthom: That is actually a really good idea. I just did my work out with the push ups and a minute of jumping jacks in between today and I feel so much better after doing it that way.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Thanks bmfrazie i'll keep an eye out for it. Haven't found it yet.

I hate to say I'm one of those people who is attached at the hip to my phone but I am, product of a high activity career where getting caught 5 minutes out of the loop can put you dead in the water....

I've translated that safety net of my phone having everything I need into my home life too. It's list of apps are like my little daily to do list.

Week one of push ups down. Go me!

LOL
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Push ups - Day 3 Level 3: 11, 15, 9, 9, 20

Week one done!!!!!
    Great job!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I seem to keep being a day off on my schedule, sorry! Yesterday I just forgot it was a challenge day! So today was 64 total, my sets were supposed to be 14, 16, 12, 12, 18, but I could only do 10 on the last set :angry: But I felt strong and in proper form on what I did, and I'm actually seeing a little definition in my shoulders. :happy: :happy:
    Great job everyone!
  • djthom
    Options
    Completed w3d3 55 push-ups with 150 squats. I think I'm finally ready for week 4:smile:
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Didn't have internet access on Friday or the weekend, which is a really lame excuse to not do my pushups. Back to it today! It's 1am and I just got back from Palm Springs, going to bed now, will check in tomorrow (ugh, today) after work.
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    I was a slacker and haven't done any of this since Wed. Back on track though!

Week 2 Day 1 Level 3 push ups: 14, 14, 10, 10, 20 = 68 total
  • djthom
    Options
    @Christy - welcome back! Hope you had a good trip.
    @bmfrazie - Glad you jumped back in!

It seems we've lossed everyone else. Hopefully they'll come back. I finally moved on to week 4 day 1 for a total of 63 push-ups.
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I've done day 1 and day 2 moderate. I'm doing girl push ups to get stronger. I technically can do about 10 guy pushups but I don't think I go down far enough...so I'm doing the girl ones to get stronger.
    Day 3 is tomorrow. I started on April 1st.

Ugghh - Not girl and guy assisted and unassisted! That's like saying hockey skates are "boys skates" and figure skates are "girls skates"

I know a number of men who do assisted push-ups for various reasons. Just work you way up to unassisted. - it's no more masculine than assissted push ups (many women can do and do do UNassisted push ups)
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    My sets today were 14, 16, 12, 12, 18. Almost did it last set only 15 good ones!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I've done day 1 and day 2 moderate. I'm doing girl push ups to get stronger. I technically can do about 10 guy pushups but I don't think I go down far enough...so I'm doing the girl ones to get stronger.
    Day 3 is tomorrow. I started on April 1st.

Ugghh - Not girl and guy assisted and unassisted! That's like saying hockey skates are "boys skates" and figure skates are "girls skates"

I know a number of men who do assisted push-ups for various reasons. Just work you way up to unassisted. - it's no more masculine than assissted push ups (many women can do and do do UNassisted push ups)
    Thank you! I agree. I call them modified (I'm used to the phrase from my workout DVDs, I have to start most things at modified) and the unassisted are also called military style. But yes, weather you've built the strength to do them is not gender based! Funny how easy it is to allow something less difficult to be tagged a "girl" version. Thanks for pointing it out.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    i wish i caught this thread @ the beginning... i just started the 100 push up challenge yesterday... i did 10 for my initial test, so i started in column two... i did 6-6-4-4-10
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    oops
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Hi all!! So, I’m doing this challenge with the app on my Android, and since I got a day behind, today was day one of week 5 (does that seem right? We’ve been doing this that long? Time flies!!). So I touch “today’s program” and it brings up a test that says to do as many pushups as you can and give you three categories <35 35-40 >40. Yup, I am still under 35. So I’m thinking the program is progressing more slowly for me. I didn’t do the days pushups since I had done the test already so I will do them tonight and let you know how that goes. I can definitely feel and see some difference in my arms and I feel stronger, but I don’t think I’m progressing very quickly. Enjoying it though, so I wont’ allow myself to get frustrated!! Plus I’m sore from doing a Jackie Warner upper body workout Monday, so maybe that’s why I could not do so many! How is everyone doing??