one hundred pushup challenge!

Options

Replies

• Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    i wish i caught this thread @ the beginning... i just started the 100 push up challenge yesterday... i did 10 for my initial test, so i started in column two... i did 6-6-4-4-10

That's OK!! I think I'll be here for a WHILE!! So thanks for joining!! Welcome!! Great start!!
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Managed w4d2 for a total of 72 push-ups:happy:

@Christy - don't worry about your progression, I'm still a week behind you since I had to repeat week 3. I can just imagine what will happen when I get to week 5 and have to retest. I barely managed my last set of 18, I don't see how I'll make it to 35.

@Goldengirl - Happy to have you jump in, at the rate things are going I'll be around for a long time too. I may have to keep repeating weeks until I can do them right. I refuse to quit!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    i wish i caught this thread @ the beginning... i just started the 100 push up challenge yesterday... i did 10 for my initial test, so i started in column two... i did 6-6-4-4-10

That's OK!! I think I'll be here for a WHILE!! So thanks for joining!! Welcome!! Great start!!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!! i'm excited & looking forward to completing day 2 this evening!! congrats on everyone's success so far :flowerforyou:
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I'm still here, today I will do week two day two
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    W2D2L3 Push ups: 14, 16, 12, 12, 18 = 72

So far so good. I am feeling pretty good about my level and so far I have been able to do everything. Tonight was the first night it was hard to finish those last 18. However, we did a upper body and ab work out today at the gym and am def feeling it. When is the next test week?
  • djthom
    Options
    You retest after you complete week 2
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Thanks djthom I will not get discouraged or give up. Today my sets were supposed to be 17 19 15 15 20. I did 17 10 15 10 10. I think I need to rewind a bit. Also maybe do this first thing in the day. Sore and tired but still happy with progress so far.
  • plc765
    plc765 Posts: 71 Member
    Options

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!! i'm excited & looking forward to completing day 2 this evening!! congrats on everyone's success so far :flowerforyou:

Hey all! GoldenGirl told me about this group too, as I did my second day yesterday! I know we are behind you guys, but it's great to have a group to go to! I am also on column two, and did 10 regular push ups at my initial test. Looks like you guys are doing great!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    Options
    yesterday was day 2 column 2 for me... i did 6-8-6-6-10 *unassisted* push ups!! i don't have the app (i guess i'm too cheap to spring for $1.99, lol!!) but, i did find the push up logger on the website... it's very helpful!!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    yesterday was day 2 column 2 for me... i did 6-8-6-6-10 *unassisted* push ups!! i don't have the app (i guess i'm too cheap to spring for $1.99, lol!!) but, i did find the push up logger on the website... it's very helpful!!

Great job! BTW the app was free for my Droid.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    On my app I can reset to any day, so I reset to week 3 day 3 for today and will restart week 4 on Monday. Today's sets were 11 13 9 9 13 with 120 seconds between (it has a timer between sets and its different each time). I did the full sets without to much difficulty and in proper form. Ready to build up more strength next week!

Welcome to new members and great job everyone!
  • djthom
    Options
    Completed w4d3 for a total of 80.:happy: I really struggled today and almost gave out on the last one. I will do the test either tomorrow or Sunday to determine if I'm ready to move onto week 5. I have a feeling I will be repeating week 4.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Completed w4d3 for a total of 80.:happy: I really struggled today and almost gave out on the last one. I will do the test either tomorrow or Sunday to determine if I'm ready to move onto week 5. I have a feeling I will be repeating week 4.

Great job!! I hope you do well and get to move on, but if not we will be on the same week as each other again!!! So much for a six week challenge!! But that's OK, I'm enjoying it and feel much more confident about my arms already!!
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    I am a day late on doing the last day of week 2. The last set of 20 was pretty rough. I will take the test tomorrow or later tonight to see if I am ready for week 3. I think I am ready for week 3 but maybe not at the same level. We shall see what the program tells me though.

Push up W2D3L3: 16,17, 14, 14, 20 = 81
  • GoldenGirl1979
    Options
    I finished week one yesterday!!! Week 1-Day 3- Column 2: 8, 10, 7, 7, 10... 108 total push ups this week!!!
  • djthom
    Options
    Great job hanging in there everybody! Took the test to see if I was ready to move onto week 5. I passed by the skin of my teeth. It was a real struggle hitting 31, I will feel it tomorrow.
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    I completed 30 push ups for the test. I will be starting back again in column 3 on week 3.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Week 4 day 1
    Sets 11, 13, 9, 9, 13
    Still struggled on last couple so its good I'm doing this week over. Have a great week!
  • djthom
    Options
    completed week5 day1 for a total of 86. It was a real struggle. I did 14 knee push-ups to round it out to 100. Week5 day2 they make you do 8 sets instead of 5. I don't know if that will make it easier or harder. If I find I can't complete day 2 then I'll just go back to day 1 and keep repeating that until I feel I can move on. As long as we all just keep pushing, we'll get there eventually.:happy:
  • GoldenGirl1979
    Options
    nice job everyone!! i started week two column two yesterday... & it was definitely more challenging than week one!! kudos to those of you in higher weeks than me cranking out all those consecutive push ups!!! you guys r amazing :smile:

week 2- Day 1- Column 2: 9-11-8-8-11