one hundred pushup challenge!

Options

Replies

• djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Christy, you can do it!:drinker:
    Good luck on your exhaustion test tonight Goldengirl:smile:

Did an exhaustion test yesterday and managed 40, so I decided it was time to move on to week 6. Did 130 today: 25,30,20,15 and 40:happy: . Can't believe I did it! My arms feel like jello right now
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    Hang in there Christy, you can do it!:drinker:
    Good luck on your exhaustion test tonight Goldengirl:smile:

Did an exhaustion test yesterday and managed 40, so I decided it was time to move on to week 6. Did 130 today: 25,30,20,15 and 40:happy: . Can't believe I did it! My arms feel like jello right now

Great job!! And Thanks!!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I skipped Friday because I did a TON of pushups in my “Crunch” basic training workout that I found on Netflix on Friday and just didn’t feel like I could effectively do anymore… so I’m still on week 5, day 3 sets are 13 x 2 15 x2 12 x2 10 and 30 (yikes!) I will do them after work and let you know how it goes!!!

i did a "crunch" workout on netflix last week too & there were a lot of push ups!! i think mine was "boot camp" though... good luck on your push ups tonight!! i think i'll do my exhaustion test tomorrow evening... i need to do 36 in order to start in column 2 of week 5... we shall see :smile:

Right!! That's what it was! I'm sure we did the same one! How funny is that!! Lots of different "sytles" of pushups along with the other stuff!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    yay! i did it!!! all of the sets, just waited longer before last 30, but did them all!
  • djthom
    Options
    Allright Christy! Way to go! It's taken us more than 6 weeks to get here but I do believe I see the light at the end of the tunnel!:happy:
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    @djthom- 40 is amazing!!! especially as your last set!! congrats :smile:
    @cristy- yay!!! congrats on completing all sets!! that's awesome (& i always wait a little longer before knocking out that last set!! it seems to help a lot) :smile:

my exhaustion test is tonight... thanks for the well wishes, i'll let you guys know how i do!!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    Options
    did 36 pushups on my exhaustion test last night!!!!!!!!! :drinker: so i'm ready for week 5, column 2!!!!! but i'm going out of town today- monday... so i think should wait & start week 5 on monday... UNLESS taking a long break is not a good idea... for those of you who have taken breaks, does it seem harder when you start back up? or will i be fine waiting until monday?!
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    W4D3L1: 16, 18, 13, 13, 20 = 80

I am so happy that I restarted on Level 1. After that long of a break I don't think I could have done the level 3
  • djthom
    Options
    @Goldengirl - Great job on your exhaustion test! Don't worry about taking off the long weekend, I missed almost 5 days when I went on vacation and had no problem getting back into it.

@bmfrazie - Nice to see you jump back into after doing your 10K, you'll regain your strenght in no time.

Didn't get a chance to log in yesterday, was on a softball field with my daughters from 3:30 till 9:30 last night. I did W6D2 for a total of 150! Sets were 14,14,15,15,14,14,10,10 and 44.:smile:
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    I just did my test for the end of Week 4 and I finished 36 push ups. Looks like Week 5 Column 2 is the place for me to start in a few days.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Did my endurance test and did 43 pushups! (which I think is kinda awesome, but the app wanted to know if it was less than 50 and you know the categories go up from there... whatever, yes is was less than that but more than the 21 I started with!)

Have a great weekend all... I guess I'm doing week six next week.... but sure it won't be my last week!!

patience, patience!!
  • djthom
    Options
    Great job on your endurance tests girls, love to see everyone moving up!:drinker:

Completed W6D3, sets were 13,13,17,17,16,16,14,14 and 50 for a total of 170!:happy: Going to try doing the hundred on Sunday or Monday. Don't know if I can do it. Wish me luck!
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    Push ups: W5D1L2: 28, 35, 25, 22 = 110

I could not finish the last 35 of this set. I don't think I can truly finish this week in level 2...so I am moving down to level 1 to see if I can complete that day.
  • djthom
    Options
    OMG!!! I can't believe I did it!!:happy: I did my HUNDRED today all regular unmodified!!! After the first 30 I had to stop every 10 to 15 pushups for a 3 sec. catch my breath break. I still can't believe it, my arm and chest muscles are shaking right now.
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    OMG!!! I can't believe I did it!!:happy: I did my HUNDRED today all regular unmodified!!! After the first 30 I had to stop every 10 to 15 pushups for a 3 sec. catch my breath break. I still can't believe it, my arm and chest muscles are shaking right now.

CONGRATS!!! WAY TO GO!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Just feel weak and tired today, couldn't even knock out my first set of 25. Not giving up for sure, just for today. Maybe cause I'm sunburned a little or cause I had few beers this weekend or maybe hormones, but I will try again tomorrow!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options

That is so awesome! Super great job! Really! Proud of you and inspired!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    Options

amazing!!!!!! congrats!!!!!!! :happy:
  • GoldenGirl1979
    Options
    Did my endurance test and did 43 pushups! (which I think is kinda awesome, but the app wanted to know if it was less than 50 and you know the categories go up from there... whatever, yes is was less than that but more than the 21 I started with!)

Have a great weekend all... I guess I'm doing week six next week.... but sure it won't be my last week!!

patience, patience!!

wow!!! 43 push ups is great cristy!!!

i did week 5, column 2, day 1 today & it was very tough... idk if it was the long break or what... of my 5 sets i had to do 2 sets of 35... & though i completed them, i stopped for a few seconds on both (i stopped around 25, waited abt 20 seconds & finished the last 15) :grumble: so, idk if i should:

(a) re-do week 5, column 2, day 1 again
    (b) go down a level to column 1
    (c) or, move on to week 5, column 2, day 2 (b/c i did actually complete the push ups, though not "consecutively"...

thoughts?!? opinions?!?

my #'s today- week 5, column 2, day 1: 28, 35, 25, 22, 35 = 145 total push ups
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Wow, week six is tough!!

my sets (with 90 seconds between) were

25 30 20 15 then the last set of 40 I had to rest in between each 10 (rested in plank position) and the last 10 I pushed out about 2 at a time.

Hard to imagine I'll ever do 100 all at once!! But I'm going to keep at it for sure!! Love it!!!!