one hundred pushup challenge!

Options

Replies

• GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    great job bmfrazie!! isn't it awesome! pushing your body & making it do things you NEVER thought you could do!!

just finished week 6, column 2, day 2: 20, 20, 23, 23, 20, 20, 18, 18, 53= 205 total push ups!!

yeah, i know i'm almost done w/the training program... BUT 53 consecutive push ups is a long way away from 100, LOL!!! but we'll see what happens!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    Push up challenge: W5D2L2: 18, 18, 20, 20, 14, 14, 16, 40 = 160
    I took 50 sec rest between all the sets excpet the last and 3 min rest for last set 40. OUCH!!! I never thought I would be doing 160 push ups!!

Fantastic!!! I've been taking about a 2-3 minutes rest before my final set too!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    BUT 53 consecutive push ups is a long way away from 100, LOL!!! but we'll see what happens!

You are doing so awesome!!! I feel the same way, I did 44 today... but 100?? we'll see!!!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Week 6 day 2 done!

My sets were 14 14 15 15 14 14 10 10 and.... 44!

150 total!

All done with the 45 seconds in between then about 3 minutes before the final set.

A day late (again) so I'll do day 3 on the weekend!

:happy:
  • GoldenGirl1979
    Options
    Nice job Cristy!

I did week 6, column 2, day 3 on Friday 22-22-30-30-25-25-18-18-61 (the max was 55, but I was able to keep going!!)... So I completed the training program... & did my 'final' exhaustion test a little while ago... Didn't do 100 :ohwell: But did 61 good form push ups!! & I'm pretty proud of myself!!

When I originally started this challenge I was doing it with about 8 friends at home (male & female) & my original email to them all stated that the goal for the girls would be to make it to 60 consecutive push ups & the guys goal would be to make it to 100 consecutive push ups... Now, here I am... 7 weeks later... The last one standing (everyone else quit)... & I don't want to settle for 60... So I'll be doing week 6 again next week (I'll do column 3 this time)!!
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd check in to see how your all doing. Happy to see your all hanging in there and making great progress. Keep pushing girls your almost there!:drinker:
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    Push up test again for 50 this time. Last time I did 36 so I am very happy with that improvement.
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    My shoulder has been out of wack the last few days so it is hard for me to get 20 push ups in. I am hoping that taking off a few days to heal wont kill me for week 6.

Good luck to everyone else this week.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Monday was pretty much a fail for me, trying again today. Bmfraze, hope your shoulder is better. Goldengirl, you are doing great, and djthom- thanks!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    Options
    i hope your shoulder gets better bmfrazie... cristy, nice that you're trying again today! you can do it!! thanks djthom :smile:

yesterday i did week 6, column 3, day 1: 45, 55, 35, 30, 55= 220 (i find it so funny that i look at a set of 30 push ups & i think of it as my "easy" set, LOL)...
  • GoldenGirl1979
    Options
    yesterday i did week 6, column 3, day 2: 22-22-30-30-24-24-18-18-62 =250!! the max of the last set was 58, but i was able to do 4 more!! so tomorrow is week 6, column 3, day 3... & exhaustion test again this weekend... we'll see how many i can do!!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I finally did week 6 day 3! My sets were 13, 13, 17, 17, 16, 16, 14, 14, 50. Surprised I did the 50, have not been working out it feeling up to much lately, but glad I did it! Will rest a couple days and do the endurance test!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    yesterday i did week 6, column 3, day 2: 22-22-30-30-24-24-18-18-62 =250!! the max of the last set was 58, but i was able to do 4 more!! so tomorrow is week 6, column 3, day 3... & exhaustion test again this weekend... we'll see how many i can do!!

So proud of you! Know you'll do the hundred!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    Options
    congrats on the 50 cristy!! & good luck on your exhaustion test!!

i had a great push up day on saturday! i did week 6, column 3, day 3: 26, 26, 33, 33, 26, 26, 22, 22, 75= 289 push ups!!! i can't believe i did 75 push ups on my last set! i was so proud of myself :-)

ok, then on sunday (b/c i didn't want to be a day behind the following week), i decide to do my exhaustion test... & i did 50 push ups :huh:

& i was so confused, disappointed, etc (mainly b/c i did 75 the day before)... so i waited 10 minutes & did my exhaustion test over, LOL!! this time i did 65... better, but still not at 100... (maybe i should've waited & given my arms a day to rest)... who knows... either way, so i'll be doing week 6 again this week!!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    It wasn’t pretty and they sure weren’t technically perfect or even qualify as consecutive… do I sound disappointed?? I’m NOT… I’M THRILLED!!!! I did 100 pushups (modified)!!! I did about 40 straight then had to pause in plank about every 10… at 60 I thought I wasn’t going to make it, rocked back into child pose for a deep breath then knocked out the rest 10 at a time, the last 15 were one or two at a time, but I held the plank in between just for a beat and kept going. Was shaking and actually gave myself a headache when I was done. But, WOW!! Now, my app on my Android (when I press “today’s program” ) recommends that I start either at the beginning or at week 4. I had said I’d start over doing them military style. Think I’ll take the long weekend to think on it and rest and start with test on July 5.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    congrats on the 50 cristy!! & good luck on your exhaustion test!!

i had a great push up day on saturday! i did week 6, column 3, day 3: 26, 26, 33, 33, 26, 26, 22, 22, 75= 289 push ups!!! i can't believe i did 75 push ups on my last set! i was so proud of myself :-)

ok, then on sunday (b/c i didn't want to be a day behind the following week), i decide to do my exhaustion test... & i did 50 push ups :huh:

& i was so confused, disappointed, etc (mainly b/c i did 75 the day before)... so i waited 10 minutes & did my exhaustion test over, LOL!! this time i did 65... better, but still not at 100... (maybe i should've waited & given my arms a day to rest)... who knows... either way, so i'll be doing week 6 again this week!!

You are doing so great! I'm sure you probably needed to rest more in between! I think they recommend 2 days! :flowerforyou:
  • GoldenGirl1979
    Options
    go cristy go!!!!! that is amazing!!!! i'm soooooooo proud of you :flowerforyou:
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I am SO sore... I may need to take more time till I start over... but still planning to begin at week one with military style pushups!! Maybe on Wednesday June 6th. Anyone else going to do it again??
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    I just thought I would tell you ladies that I decided that I was happy with my 50 push ups. I have so much going on and several challenges that I run and it is all adding up. For July I decided I to focus more. Thanks for all the encouragement and support during my 6 weeks.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    Options
    nice bmfrazie!! 50 push ups is quite an accomplishment!! thank you for all your encouragement & support as well...

i'm thinking i might be good with my 75 push ups, LOL... i'm still doing my push ups... still doing week 6 over & over... but i just don't have the excitement i once had about the push ups... it's not new & fresh... it's the same old thing over & over :ohwell:

i didn't think you could take quick rests while going for the final 100... but i recently read that you can... so maybe i'll do that this weekend... get my 100... & be done!!!! well, not done exactly... i'll probably do weeks 4, 5, & 6 regularly... but w/o the pressure hanging over my head!!