Tell Me Something Surprising About Yourself

Options

Replies

• Linda4859
    Linda4859 Posts: 78
    Options
    I met the Chippendales last night and got a cuddle from each one ( except Stacy as he was loading the lorry).x
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I am named after the witch.

I had my ears pierced when I was 8, but I didn't take care of them and one closed up. I didn't have it re-pierced until I was 18 and I only did it so I could wear earrings during my wedding.
  • ZachyABaby
    ZachyABaby Posts: 235
    Options
    I met the Chippendales last night and got a cuddle from each one ( except Stacy as he was loading the lorry).x

Hahaha awesome
  • sceck
    sceck Posts: 219
    Options
    Phobic to needles!!!!!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Phobic to needles!!!!!!

drastically phobic about needles. I cannot stand the thought of injections or blood being drawn at all. Makes me cry if I think about it too much. I developed a migraine on the day my university sent me a letter regarding a tetanus shot. My husband has to take me there, like a child, and I need to be heavily drugged for any dental work...I'm talking valium PLUS gas. UGH
  • mandapanda001
    mandapanda001 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I have a major phobia of closed spaces, I can't even watch a movie about anything related to it without hyperventilating and having to turn the movie off! Oh yeah the needles and large amounts of blood are no good either. I almost faint!!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I have a major phobia of closed spaces, I can't even watch a movie about anything related to it without hyperventilating and having to turn the movie off! Oh yeah the needles and large amounts of blood are no good either. I almost faint!!

I once tried to watch a documentary about diving in underground caves. I had to stop. It was freaking me out.

I don't mind when they take blood out, but I don't like anything going into my veins. My veins are as full as they are supposed to be. No need to disrupt the perfect balance.
  • mandapanda001
    mandapanda001 Posts: 370 Member
    Options

I once tried to watch a documentary about diving in underground caves. I had to stop. It was freaking me out.

I don't mind when they take blood out, but I don't like anything going into my veins. My veins are as full as they are supposed to be. No need to disrupt the perfect balance.

I have more of a phobia of blood, like when I cut my hand I get faint, lol! If I can avoid that and the closed spaces I am good!
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I get deja vu on a daily basis , it isn't faint either , I normally know exactly what is going to happen a half a second b4 it does.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Here's a strange one....

I can't stand EVEN THE THOUGHT of bare feet walking across dry wood - like a deck or picnic table. The feel and sound give me the creeps. UGHHHHH!!!
  • ahsongbird
    Options
    the feel of chalk in my hands makes my mouth go dry (IDK might be the dust from it) pencil writing on paper makes me want to grind my teeth.
  • twoforme
    twoforme Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I stopped facebooking a year ago. No i dont have the shakes or the sweats either! lol
  • micklepickle61
    Options
    I can watch them stick needles in my arm all day long. But, draw blood. . . I'm out like a light. The last time I tried to donate I woke up to four older ladies standing over me asking me if I was OK. I had no idea where I was, so I told them that depended on where I was. They asked me to not come back.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I hate the sound of styrofoam rubbing against other styrofoam. I also hate cardboard rubbing against cardboard. Makes my teeth itch.
  • ahsongbird
    Options
    I can watch them stick needles in my arm all day long. But, draw blood. . . I'm out like a light. The last time I tried to donate I woke up to four older ladies standing over me asking me if I was OK. I had no idea where I was, so I told them that depended on where I was. They asked me to not come back.

OMG a guy did that when we went in for our immunizations for the army, we were going down a line getting needles stuck in our arms one after another and these guys were making fun of a girl who was crying, next thing u know u hear BANG! This big huge dude dropped like a rock as soon as the needle touched his arm , i have to admit , i laughed my butt off!
  • j_fattler
    j_fattler Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm only 36 and I have 10 children, 4 great granchildren and 2 more grandchildren on the way :wink:

how does that happen? I thought I was pretty clever, being 29 and having a 17 year-old (step) son. My hat is off to you!
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    This isn't about me but my brother received a medal of bravery from President Reagan and got to appear on Good Morning America.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I hate the sound of styrofoam rubbing against other styrofoam. I also hate cardboard rubbing against cardboard. Makes my teeth itch.

My teeth don't itch, but I get creeped out over both too!!
  • Juicyyy
    Juicyyy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am a complete and total Andy Griffith Show encyclopedia. I can recite the lines right along with the characters on any given episode. I have been into the show since I was a very young child.
    Thats awesome. I thought I was the only person under 55 that loves that show!

My sister (who is 4 years my junior) is just as bad as I am. So there's 3 of us at least! :)

Make that 4 of us. I am 33 and have been into it since I was a little girl!
  • Lexie71
    Lexie71 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My eyes also change colors with my moods ....black, grey, brown, green, blue....
    I can also tie a cherry stem with my tongue.....and touch my tongue to my nose ;)