Tell Me Something Surprising About Yourself

Options

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I have never been unconscious, either through fainting, being knocked out or general anaesthetic.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I'm missing the fingerprint of the pinky finger on my left hand. I burned it off (accidentally, due to some nerve damage and a wickedly hot curling iron) when I was 13.
  • CorydonCutie
    CorydonCutie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am a complete and total Andy Griffith Show encyclopedia. I can recite the lines right along with the characters on any given episode. I have been into the show since I was a very young child.
    Thats awesome. I thought I was the only person under 55 that loves that show!

My daughter is 15 and LOVES it. She watched her first episode at age 7 and has been hooked since.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I have never been unconscious, either through fainting, being knocked out or general anaesthetic.

Ditto.
  • HannahPastoor
    Options

I have passed out badly (like I stay under for like 5-10 minutes, throw up while under, and sometimes stop breathing) over 10 times. I have been vasovagal since I was 12.
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I broke my leg falling off the toilet when I was younger.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a cavity or any broken bones until I was in my mid 20's
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    I have a fear of the umpa loompas from the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory :frown: . The ones in the new version don't bother me, but that is probably because I am distracted by my wonderful husband...Johnny Depp :love:
  • neyes67
    neyes67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I enjoy smoking a good quality cigar at least once per month and Im always a lady about it...lol:wink:

Im also a V C U Alumni... Final Four Baby! Go RAMS!!!

I'm also born on October 31st ...HALLOWEEN!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I enjoy smoking a good quality cigar at least once per month and Im always a lady about it...lol:wink:

Im also a V C U Alumni... Final Four Baby! Go RAMS!!!

I'm also born on October 31st ...HALLOWEEN!

Halloween has always been my absolute favorite holiday. I set up decorations at least a month before, sometimes earlier haha my boyfriend loves to tease me about watching Hocus Pocus and all my other Halloween movies.
  • CorydonCutie
    CorydonCutie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Here are a few of mine:

Due to a divorce and remarriage, my last name is my daughter's first name. It's a great conversation starter.

I have a dog named Awallago (pronounced uh-wall-ago)

I don't like the food on my plate to touch and ate out of a divided dish until I was in my teens.

I have seen every episode of Little House on the Prairie and wanted to move to Walnut Grove when I was younger.

My youngest child beat Autism. He was diagnosed as mild to moderately Autistic at age 2.5 but when he was retested at age 4.5 they said he wasn't Autistic...that he was too "social" to be Autistic. He still has a lot of sensory issues, but he is a very typical 8 year old boy.
  • ElleAyKay
    Options
    -In my 27 years I have attended 7 schools, lived in 13 towns, and 22 houses/apartments, and I am not an "army brat".

-I can shake my eyes, fold my tongue, fit my fist in my mouth and touch my thumb to the front and back of my wrist...

-I am afraid lying awake in the dark because when I was sleeping once I was woken up by a bumblebee crawling on me (in the middle of winter)
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    -In my 27 years I have attended 7 schools, lived in 13 towns, and 22 houses/apartments, and I am not an "army brat".

-I can shake my eyes, fold my tongue, fit my fist in my mouth and touch my thumb to the front and back of my wrist...

-I am afraid lying awake in the dark because when I was sleeping once I was woken up by a bumblebee crawling on me (in the middle of winter)

Ok...I was a Navy brat (my dad was in the Australian navy-I am Australian born, but part of my moves were after my parents separated)....I have attented 12 schools in 12 years, lived in 12 towns (8 States, including 2 Australian ones), and have lived in 18 apartments/houses!! I can also remember everyone's birthday, even if I can't remember their names :laugh: It freaks people out! I also can put my legs behind my ears, and can rotate my elbows around (hyper extend them)...found that out while I was doing yoga!
  • locomotion
    Options
    From the age of 10 to 16 I used to lay in bed awake at night trying to catch a ghost after being told that our house was haunted. :ohwell:
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Last year I was cruising down the road on my motorcycle. I was heading east and came to a stop light. There was a motorcycle in the left turn lane of the cross traffic. When his light turned green, he took off turning onto my road going west. As he passed me, he looked up at me, smiled and nodded. The surprising part was that it was Sam Elliot.

My wife would leave me tomorrow for Sam Elliot.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I married my son's dad on Halloween. We got married on an indoor soccer field, I was wearing a little black dress and he was in a shirt, tie, and indoor soccer shoes. We had a casual reception afterward, then for our reception, we went to a club in Denver (The Church) and used their VIP room as a party room. Everyone had to dress up for the reception...I was Harley Quinn and he was the Joker. (And people wonder why it didn't last!!! :laugh: )
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    Okay, another one.

Whenever it's cold enough, which is generally some of November- some of April, I wear my Meatwad toque (see: http://www.adultswimshop.com/cat/Accessories/Aqua-Teen-Hunger-Force-Meatwad-Red-Knit-Cap.html) and I'm totally not embarrassed about it. On the contrary, I think it's crazy awesome and I love it when fellow nerds periodically shout "Meatwad!" or a similar exclamation of recognition, all excited about it, on the subway or shopping or whatever and it starts a nerdtastic conversation. :bigsmile:

:heart: -- Juliet
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I eat my food weird. When eating sandwiches, I each them in a circle. I'll eat around the whole edge before I eat the middle. If I'm eating tacos/ wraps, I'll eat one end then flip to the other end. If I'm breaking rules' and eat pizza, cheesecake, pie, etc, I eat from the outside in (crust to the middle).

It doesn't bother me when my food touches on my plate unless there are liquids (ex. green beans, corn). However, I love eating corn on my mash potatoes.
  • Brucifer55
    Options
    I only have 8 toes.....but, they're all on one foot!

I have just one eyebrow.....but, it goes over both eyes!

I used to snort only coke up my nose with a straw.....until I discovered mountain dew.

My ancestors from the "old country" were known as "Flounders".....not because they were flat, or some type of bottom-feeder (okay, some of them were bottom-feeders), but because many of them gave inspiration to Picasso.

I once used an outhouse in the mountains and had a daddy long-legs crawl across my bare naked *kitten*.....and I calmly remained seated.

We had a duck that actually laid golden eggs. We thought we were set for life.....then my wife's parents flew in from Peking to visit us one week.....well, I think you know where this is going.

For a while we had a talking goat, but, he didn't speak English and we never knew what he was saying.....several times we caught him whispering to the dog behind our backs and ended up getting rid of him because of our paranoia.....the dog hasn't spoken a word to us since.

I can close one eyelid at a time.....oh, okay...you probably have figured this out by now...APRIL FOOLS!!!
    Who was I kidding.....I launched out of there like a rocket.....bare naked *kitten* and all!!! I've been ever so anal since.
  • mejustmichael
    mejustmichael Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have 3 piercing no one can see =)

I can put a soda can in my mouth...

and... I have a UV tattoo of the constellation of orion... its my fav.

Its invisible in regular light...

43pq71.jpg