Options
    Monday- 1 mile-127 calories burnt
    Tuesday- 1.25 mile- 167 calories burnt
    Wednesday- 1.25- 201 calories burnt
    Thursday- 1.65- 241 calories burnt
  • mcewan07
    mcewan07 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I walk between 1.8 - 3.6 miles a day(monday - friday). As thats what it takes to get my son to school and back.It all depends if my other half is working or not.On days he is at work i need to do the journy twice (thus the 3.6 miles) if he is one mornings or afternoons then the journey is only once (thus 1.8) and if he is off i get a break.
    So i guess i would love to join, it will give me the motivation to take a walk on the days he is off and i dont have to walk, and also to walk the mile or more in the weekends

today i have already walked 1.8 miles.
    and yesterday it was 1.8 miles plus i went to Glasgow (which was around another 2 miles or so walking around the shops if that couonts LOL)

I think it is a great excercise, although i cant do more than 2-3 miles an hour (speed wise) as i take my son to school along with his wee brother , both are made to walk the distance (john is 6 and daniel is only 3- 4 in april) so it takes them a while
  • sherrismith82
    sherrismith82 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    right now i physically can not walk a mile but i can do half mile if thats ok i'm in. did half mile today took me about 20 mins.

starting weight 392
    goal to be under 250 so i have a long way to go.

I understand, and thats fine. I think after a while you will work up to a mile unless you have a medical condition that prevents you from walking and if you do DON'T DO IT! Otherwise, good luck! That half-mile will build up after a while!
  • sherrismith82
    Options
    I missed my mile yesterday....poo.

Everybody needs a break! That's why it's the mile a day challenge, but you don't have to walk a mile everyday. Good work, I can tell youre trying hard :wink:
  • sherrismith82
    Options
    Monday- 1 mile-127 calories burnt
    Wednesday- 1.25- 201 calories burnt
    Thursday- 1.65- 241 calories burnt

Good job, Lady! Keep it up! You are very inspiring!!!
  • sherrismith82
    Options
    I walk between 1.8 - 3.6 miles a day(monday - friday). As thats what it takes to get my son to school and back.It all depends if my other half is working or not.On days he is at work i need to do the journy twice (thus the 3.6 miles) if he is one mornings or afternoons then the journey is only once (thus 1.8) and if he is off i get a break.
    So i guess i would love to join, it will give me the motivation to take a walk on the days he is off and i dont have to walk, and also to walk the mile or more in the weekends

today i have already walked 1.8 miles.
    and yesterday it was 1.8 miles plus i went to Glasgow (which was around another 2 miles or so walking around the shops if that couonts LOL)

I think it is a great excercise, although i cant do more than 2-3 miles an hour (speed wise) as i take my son to school along with his wee brother , both are made to walk the distance (john is 6 and daniel is only 3- 4 in april) so it takes them a while

I bet thats the cutest sight!! Welcome!!! :smile:
  • mcewan07
    mcewan07 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

I bet thats the cutest sight!! Welcome!!! :smile:

Not this morning it was pouring down, my hair was in rats tails, and john (my eldest) decided to walk through a deap puddle. his trousers are soaking. Hope he will be ok at school.
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    2.1 miles ran this morning!

Mon - none (this is my regularly scheduled day off!)
    Tues - 3.25 mi
    Wed - did do an insanity workout but no treadmill :cry: Promise to make up for this!
    Thurs - 2.1 miles, 285 calories
    Fri -
    Sat -
    Sun -
  • pretentiouskate
    Options
    Starting weight: 194.6

Monday: 1 mile, 3.2 mph, 100 -ish calories burned
    Tuesday: OFF
    Wednesday:1.2 miles, 2.9 mph, 100 -ish calories burned
    Thursday:
    Friday:

I'm going for two miles today! I've got it plotted out and am going around noon! Wish me luck!
  • westgre
    westgre Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 179

Monday: 1.076 mile, 21:15 minutes, 101.4 calories burned. Outdoor track.
    Tuesday: off
    Wednesday: 1.005 mi, 19:12 min, 102.2 cals. Indoor track.
    Thursday: 1.002 mi, 20:25 min, 99.9 cals. Mall walking.
    Friday: off
    Saturday:
    Sunday:
  • sherrismith82
    Options
    Well, gang, I hate it but I may have to take a walking break or not walk as much. The other day when I dislocated my knee, I obviously did something to it. Now when I walk, I feel like it is gonna dislocate at any minute and it's scary. It hurts all the time now:( I tried walking 3 miles today but had to stop short because it hurt so bad. BUT I did use the elliptical for 15 minutes and I pedaled the stationary bike for 2 miles. I broke a sweat and that's good. I probably didnt burn but 100 calories though :( I will be taking a break this weekend from walking and pick it back up monday to see if that helps. I hope you guys keep up the awesome work and walk some miles for me, would ya? lol! Have an awesome day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • pretentiouskate
    Options
    I did 1.7 miles today! Didn't quite make the 2 mile mark as I had to alter the route I had planned, but I did tackle the monster hill I usually avoid and burned 160 -ish calories doing it! Overall I'm happy with it.

We're getting SNOW tomorrow, so it wont be safe to walk - between the plows and the danger of cars sliding off the road - so I'll be doing a workout inside and hopefully getting back into walking Saturday.
    Well, gang, I hate it but I may have to take a walking break or not walk as much. The other day when I dislocated my knee, I obviously did something to it. Now when I walk, I feel like it is gonna dislocate at any minute and it's scary. It hurts all the time now:( I tried walking 3 miles today but had to stop short because it hurt so bad. BUT I did use the elliptical for 15 minutes and I pedaled the stationary bike for 2 miles. I broke a sweat and that's good. I probably didnt burn but 100 calories though :( I will be taking a break this weekend from walking and pick it back up monday to see if that helps. I hope you guys keep up the awesome work and walk some miles for me, would ya? lol! Have an awesome day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Be careful with that knee! If it doesn't clear up get yourself to a doctor - knee injuries suck :(
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Whoo hoo! I did over 3 miles today in an hour!
  • mkum10
    mkum10 Posts: 21
    Options
    right now i physically can not walk a mile but i can do half mile if thats ok i'm in. did half mile today took me about 20 mins.

starting weight 392
    goal to be under 250 so i have a long way to go.

I understand, and thats fine. I think after a while you will work up to a mile unless you have a medical condition that prevents you from walking and if you do DON'T DO IT! Otherwise, good luck! That half-mile will build up after a while!

well i had to walk to the chiropractor today cause hubby has the van for work. there and back it is a mile. so i did it. and now i'm resting. that is some walk.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    1 + miles done gonna do anothe walk at 6pm with my son
  • sherrismith82
    Options
    I did 1.7 miles today! Didn't quite make the 2 mile mark as I had to alter the route I had planned, but I did tackle the monster hill I usually avoid and burned 160 -ish calories doing it! Overall I'm happy with it.

We're getting SNOW tomorrow, so it wont be safe to walk - between the plows and the danger of cars sliding off the road - so I'll be doing a workout inside and hopefully getting back into walking Saturday.

Be careful with that knee! If it doesn't clear up get yourself to a doctor - knee injuries suck :(

I wrapped it up with a bandage and I am taking Trigosamine to try to build up my joints. I believe that has something to do with the dislocation. Have you had knee injuries before?
  • sherrismith82
    Options
    JUST WEIGHED MYSELF AND FOUND OUT I LOST ANOTHER POUND! WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

5701561.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Monday - 1 mile- 127 calories burnt
    Wednesday- 1.25 mile- 201 calories burnt
    Thursday- 1.65 mile- 241 calories burnt
    Friday- 1.25 mile- 172 calories burnt
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    2.15 miles this am!
    This weeks total is as follows:

Mon - none (this is my regularly scheduled day off!)
    Tues - 3.25 mi
    Wed - did do an insanity workout but no treadmill :cry: Promise to make up for this!
    Thurs - 2.1 miles, 285 calories
    Fri - 2.15 miles, 294 calories
    Sat -
    Sun -
  • pretentiouskate
    Options
    I wrapped it up with a bandage and I am taking Trigosamine to try to build up my joints. I believe that has something to do with the dislocation. Have you had knee injuries before?

I'm not sure whats wrong with it but one of the reasons I want to lose weight is that I've been having trouble with one of my knees - I can't do squats or go down stairs normally without pretty severe pain. No insurance, so I haven't seen a doctor.