THE MILE-A-DAY CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• mkum10
    mkum10 Posts: 21
    Options
    thinking i over did it yesterday after i posted i had to walk down to my daughters school for teacher conference so allin all i think i walked about 2 miles yesterday. now i'm so sore i don't think i'm gonna make my walk today. maybe i'll try a little later this evening.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    3.42 miles today

Have a great weekend everyone!!
  • sherrismith82
    sherrismith82 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I wrapped it up with a bandage and I am taking Trigosamine to try to build up my joints. I believe that has something to do with the dislocation. Have you had knee injuries before?

I'm not sure whats wrong with it but one of the reasons I want to lose weight is that I've been having trouble with one of my knees - I can't do squats or go down stairs normally without pretty severe pain. No insurance, so I haven't seen a doctor.

Take it easy. Maybe when you drop a little more weight, it'll be easier to do more physical activity. Just be careful not to overdo it. :D
  • pretentiouskate
    Options
    So last night I managed to get like 1.2 miles in on the treadmill here at the hotel (we're away for the weekend for the boyfriend's work).

Planning on doing a couple of miles today on it - handy, since we got hammered with SNOW! yesterday.
    I wrapped it up with a bandage and I am taking Trigosamine to try to build up my joints. I believe that has something to do with the dislocation. Have you had knee injuries before?

I'm not sure whats wrong with it but one of the reasons I want to lose weight is that I've been having trouble with one of my knees - I can't do squats or go down stairs normally without pretty severe pain. No insurance, so I haven't seen a doctor.

Take it easy. Maybe when you drop a little more weight, it'll be easier to do more physical activity. Just be careful not to overdo it. :D

I have brace and I'm very careful not to continue anything that hurts! I can walk, lift weights, and pretty much do anything that doesn't require me to put all of my weight on one leg.
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Monday - 1 mile- 127 calories burnt
    Tuesday- 1.25 mile- 167 calories burnt
    Wednesday- 1.25 mile- 201 calories burnt
    Thursday- 1.65 mile- 241 calories burnt
    Friday- 1.25 mile- 172 calories burnt
    Saturday 2.00 mile- 274 calories burnt
  • pretentiouskate
    Options
    I did 2 miles this morning for a burn of 224 calories!
  • sherrismith82
    Options
    I did 2 miles this morning for a burn of 224 calories!

You are doing an awesome job, keep up the great work :D
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    Mon - none (this is my regularly scheduled day off!)
    Tues - 3.25 mi
    Wed - did do an insanity workout but no treadmill Promise to make up for this!
    Thurs - 2.1 miles, 285 calories
    Fri - 2.15 miles, 294 calories
    Sat - 3.25 miles, 450 calories
    Sun -
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I am in, but I have a question. I can't get outside to walk every day. It is still cold here, and I don't always have someone home to watch the 6 year old(who is too lazy to walk a mile). If I walked in place in the house, how long do you think would equal a mile? Or how many steps? I have a pedometer.

When my kiddos were about that age, I made hubby buy them each a bike. They loved being able to keep up without having to do as much work as me. Nowadays, they bike about three times as far as I walk.
  • sherrismith82
    Options
    Monday 3/28: 3 Miles
    Tuesday 3/29: 1 Mile
    Wednesday 3/30: 0.5 Miles
    Thursday 3/31: None
    Friday 4/1: 2 Miles
    Saturday 4/2: 2 Miles
    Sunday 4/3:

Altogether this week so far, I have walked 8.5 miles. I plan to do more next week since I have discovered Leslie Sansones walk at home workouts :)
  • westgre
    westgre Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 179

Monday: 1.076 mile, 21:15 minutes, 101.4 calories burned. Outdoor track.
    Tuesday: off
    Wednesday: 1.005 mi, 19:12 min, 102.2 cals. Indoor track.
    Thursday: 1.002 mi, 20:25 min, 99.9 cals. Mall walking.
    Friday: off
    Saturday: 1.0 mile, 15:00 min, 100 cal, Leslie Sansone workout
    Sunday:
  • mkum10
    mkum10 Posts: 21
    Options
    one mile walk away the pounds video today. really way to tired to go out and walk think i'm getting sick. all stuffed up. and tired.
  • sherrismith82
    Options
    one mile walk away the pounds video today. really way to tired to go out and walk think i'm getting sick. all stuffed up. and tired.

I hope you feel better soon.
  • sherrismith82
    Options
    Starting weight: 179

Monday: 1.076 mile, 21:15 minutes, 101.4 calories burned. Outdoor track.
    Tuesday: off
    Wednesday: 1.005 mi, 19:12 min, 102.2 cals. Indoor track.
    Thursday: 1.002 mi, 20:25 min, 99.9 cals. Mall walking.
    Friday: off
    Saturday: 1.0 mile, 15:00 min, 100 cal, Leslie Sansone workout
    Sunday:

I LOVE LESLIE SANSONE!!! AWESOME STAY AT HOME WORKOUTS!!!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    sat 3.09 miles walked a mile fron the start date and my weight was 144.6 dropped 2 pounds
  • sherrismith82
    Options
    sat 3.09 miles walked a mile fron the start date and my weight was 144.6 dropped 2 pounds

Thats AWESOME!!!
  • v2Fireko
    v2Fireko Posts: 27
    Options
    I know it's been quite a few days since you guys started, but can I still join in? :O
  • sherrismith82
    Options
    I know it's been quite a few days since you guys started, but can I still join in? :O

You sure can! There really are no rules here, the whole purpose of this group is to keep moving by means of walking. There's no designatedstop date, its at the members discretion. I have seen too many groups with too many "rules", all I want is to keep everyone moving. I would, though, like to get everyone reporting on Mondays for the previous week. But if thats not possible for you, just report when you can and HAPPY WALKING!!!
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    Mon - none (this is my regularly scheduled day off!)
    Tues - 3.25 mi
    Wed - did do an insanity workout but no treadmill Promise to make up for this!
    Thurs - 2.1 miles, 285 calories
    Fri - 2.15 miles, 294 calories
    Sat - 3.25 miles, 450 calories; added in another 2.2 miles last night, 302 calories
    Sun -
  • pretentiouskate
    Options
    Everyone's doing great! I'm taking the day off as I'll be in the car for most of it. Weigh in tomorrow morning - I'm excited!