• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :glasses:
  • bumpn2
    bumpn2 Posts: 17
    Options
    LOL you people are too funny!!!

I agree with "shocking the system" occasionally.......it usually works for me!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    bumpty bump
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    me too, bumping for later!
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    bump
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    want to read later

• aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Bump!:flowerforyou:

Loved this read!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    sound the alarms............we have a plateau question on the boards...

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • abatres7
    abatres7 Posts: 146
    Options
    Best advice I've read
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    I already knew some of those things. I haven't plauteaued yet, but I'm only 2 1/2 weeks in.

Thanks for posting the tips :smile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good stuff!
  • connie96
    connie96 Posts: 22
    Options
    I have always believed in the value of having a planned "cheat day". I schedule mine on my weigh-in day. Once I have weighed myself in the morning, I can indulge in something that would normally be off limits.

This is also a great way to control cravings. When I see a commercial for a hot cheesy pizza or I smell the fried chicken as I drive by my favorite chicken place, I can just say "Well, I know what I'm gonna have on my next cheat day" and then I can keep right truckin' with my weight loss plan until then knowing that I am not depriving myself of anything.

A "cheat day" doesn't mean "pig out all day long". It just means that it's okay to take a little break and have one of those foods that you really enjoy.
  • judymari
    judymari Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    thanks for the good tips. i was just sitting here all disappointed that i had gone overboard today with my snacks, and now i can hold out hope it was shocking my system!! but really, there are several things here i will keep in mind.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good stuff!

hey, AWTY, glad it finally sunk in...........:laugh: :tongue: :wink:

Love ya! :heart: :flowerforyou: CM
  • BlossysMom
    BlossysMom Posts: 50
    Options
    bump
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Tagged for later reading
  • krhbutte
    krhbutte Posts: 246
    Options
    tag:smile:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Banks,
    I've read your posts a couple of time and have always found them informative and insightful.. I (and obviously many other) find the information really helpful - especially with all of the seemingly conflicting information flying around in magazines and on TV.
    I hope you wouldnt mind taking a minute to help me - I don't have a trainer and I work out at home (no gym membership for me .. at least not right now. At my heaviest I was 255lbs 5ft 5in, - always been called big boned but i think of myself as sturdy:tongue: I was an atheletic teen who began emotional eating and generally just gave up on myself. Quick fixes ?? I have probably tried every fad deal around but the only thing that has worked is changing up diet and exercies. Once the mindset changed and I became committed to changing the real way. I started to lose weight. It looked like this: I'll lose weight , hit a plateau then lose my focus and hover around a certain weight again until I get motivated to exert myself to lose. I've lost about 21lbs since 1/9/09 and my current weight is 165.7. I am pleased with my progress but still not to goal, 145-150. I'm closest I've ever been to my goal and my life is totally different. I'm no longer the couch potato, dr said I can come off of the high Blood pressure med and I feel better. I exercise 6 days a week, I have been doing a ton of cardio (I am a Turbo Jam Fan, kinda like kick boxing/high impact aerobics) and on those 6 day I'll do anywhere between a 40 - 70 minutes work out " w/ 1lb wrist weights. on MFP if my goal is 1.5lbs /wk it has me @ 1200 cals. I try to leave a caloric deficit of 2-400 cals per day. Occasionally I will go over , but that's the rare exception not the rule. Normally I am averaging about 1500-1600 cals.
    I have hit a plateau and I'm frustrated. I don't want to lose my motivation and I'm really close to where I want to be, at least the closest I've ever been. The weight has been pretty regularly falling off but for the past 3 weeks .... nothing. I am confused about eating exercise cals - Do I eat them all or not?
    You mentioned occasionally giving youself a higher cal treat (burger/fries). Is that what I need to do?
    I just started to do some different exercises (adding more strength training w/ resistance bands and run/walking ) - it haasn't even been a week of that so I don't know if that will kick me off of the plateau or not.
    Any suggestions? I don't want to stop now but I'm feeling kind of tired and I don't want to give up ~ I appreciate any suggestions and sorry for the long post.

Thanks,
    Janet
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump :smokin:
  • weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    excellent advice! I have hit a plateau right now so this really hits home for me.