30 Day Shread Challenge

Options

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    30DS L1 day 2 done along with my first ever attempt at shred it with weights L1. I know already that I'm going to be feeling my arms and hips in the morning!
  • marshmallowmind
    marshmallowmind Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    So I was listening to a late podcast with Jillian Michaels and she sad something about preferring the 30 day shred be done 4-5 times a week? Mainly saying 4-5 a week with other routines in between like a cardio class etc. I looked up more info and I think I'm going to end up doing 2 on 1 day off. I'm so sore I'm having trouble walking lol. Hopefully 1 day off will recover my muscles enough to be able to move and not enough to lose progress. Is this OK with the group?
    I'm cool with this & somewhat agree! I don't think I could do this every day of the week so might have a day off once a week. Otherwise I'll be walking like a cowboy for a god awful long time!
  • Fenyx
    Fenyx Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    lol same here. I'm now looking into some other cardio exercise videos (or just ones I can do outside even) like Jillian said to do on those 2-3 days not on 30ds. I am dedicated to bringing out the smaller me, but with all the old injuries on my body I don't want to lose muscle by training improperly. But from what I see, 4-5 day 30ds and a strong cardio on the 2-3 days off is a great combo for burning the fat and keeping those muscles building up without injuring them!
  • becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am going to join you guys too. I tried doing this last month but didn' get past day 10 so I am going to start over again! I was already planning on having today be my start day so it works out with you guys. I am also doing C25k as well along with zumba 2x a week.

SW 169
    Bust 39
    Waist 35
    Hips 43.75
    Thigh 23.75
    Arm 12
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I did L1 Day 1 yestwrday...woooweee! That girl is brutal....I admit I did take a break with the side lunges for a few seconds...I am not going to do that everyday tho...I have come to find that my body likes change and I've read that change is good for weight loss...I did zumba this morning and will take off today and do L1 again tmrw and Monday. 2 days on and one off sounds good. But, I've read and heard that this dvd really works! Keep up the good work!
  • Gonzalezkrystle
    Options
    Yes!!! On day 2 of the shred and let me tell ya, no joke!! Here are the measurements
    Waist : 30
    Hips: 37.5
    Thighs: 20.5
    Arms: 10
    Weight:130
    Thank you for starting this!! Hope you don't mind if I send you a request. ;)
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Oh i completed day one level one today and it was a brutal workout but we can do this and will encourage each other each and every day to not quit and keep going ! I could not do alot of the things she was doing but i kept moving and thats all that matters !
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I'm 2 days behind because I'm not been well but started the 30DS today.

Things I found hard
    - press ups - lucky if I managed to dip even an inch
    - jumping rope

Things I found suprisingly ok
    - jumping jacks
    - sit ups

I even *nearly* managed to go all the way through the bicycle crunches without stopping - I wonder if by the end of the first 10 days I'll be able to make it through that last abs bit!

How is everyone else finding it?
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone !
    I tried to do the Jumping Jacks but could not really do them at all but as long as i am moving thats a good thing !
    I found the Jumping rope kinda hard also ! We are going to finish this challange and as a result have alot of inches that we have all lost !
  • marshmallowmind
    marshmallowmind Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Did day 2 yesterday [had to have a day break, my knees were playing up something rotten!] & it was so painful. My knees & shoulders were killing me, still, from day 1. But today I'm not feeling anywhere near as bad as I did after day 1! :) Improvement.
    I've also dropped a pound since my last weigh-in! :D So happy.

I found the jumping jacks/jumping rope/butt kicks easiest & the push ups/anything to do with the weights hardest! Definitely doing it again today, push through the pain! Hopefully it pays off. :)

Oh, can anyone tell me if these workouts help.. Uhm.. The only way I can put this is help your chest? :P Make them more 'firm' if you will. :) Because most of my pain in just above my boobs so I'm hoping it might lift them up a bit, hah.
  • calcote05
    calcote05 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm happy to see that everyone is working hard! I somehow dehydrated this weekend, so no JM for me. :cry: I am feeling much better today, so I will get back at it when I get off work, going to try to do 2 sessions. I will get my hubby to do my measurements also. It's been a few weeks since we did them, so I will get new ones. Good luck to everyone!! I am SO excited to see the changes we are going to make this month!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Dukesjourney
    Dukesjourney Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    woohoo my DVD has arrived. Can't wait to have a try. Im going spinning and body combat later so think i might die. But can't wait to start.
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    the side lunges with the weights and arm raise is a *****!!!
  • yuli23
    yuli23 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    i am so gonna have to do it today ... i hurt my leg doing the 30 day .. i did it about 4 days i think my body needed the rest ..so i took 1st off ... somehow ended up taking it off over the weekend sunburned ect ... but im here today and i am going to do it i will push tru it ... legs is okay and the sunburn feels better ...
  • CarissaNew
    CarissaNew Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I started on Friday and then took the weekend off :( So I am starting up again today! And I got my hand weights over then weekend, so I am excited to finally try it with those!!! I think I am going to do the 2 days on 1 day off thing and do my elliptical 6 days a week. Can't wait to see how many inches I lose this month! :smile:
  • CarissaNew
    CarissaNew Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am doing a personal challenge and will not be weighing myself for another 5 1/2 months. So not sure what my starting weight is or what my weight will be when I am done with this challenge. Hope that's ok.
    I am however keeping track of inches!!! :smile:
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    I'm a few days late, but I did L1 D1 today! Even though it was super hard, it is the first "workout video" that I have actually enjoyed. The 20 minutes went by quicker than I thought they would and I was able to do more of it than I thought I would be able to also. :)

I'm not sure how I'm going to do it yet though. Every single day isn't really going to work for me...I usually only exercise M-F and take the weekends off because I'm too busy doing other things. I think I'll try sticking with that...do it 5 days and take 2 off, I hope that isn't too long of a break. I'm new to this whole exercising thing and I'm still figuring it out. :)

My measurements from this morning...

Waist 29.0
    Hips 35.5
    Thighs 21.5
    Calves 14.0
    Arms 11.0
  • Fenyx
    Fenyx Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    For anyone who is having issues with injury (like myself) or plenty of pain after a few days. What I have been working on is a 2 on 1 off (working toward 3-1 or something equivalent) and doing cardio workouts on the days off. It was something suggested by Jillian herself. It'll allow your soreness to heal and keep you going. It's apparently unhealthy to do strength training (30ds has a decent amount of it) every day as it can start to break down your muscle. Don't use that as an excuse to not do the 30ds as often as you can, but it's ok to take a day to relax those muscles and allow them to heal in order to build them better. Everyone seems to be doing great so far! Keep it up and we will all be happy with the end results =D
  • leahsevilla
    leahsevilla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    How's it going for everyone? I totally blanked and forgot to do 30DS yesterday but otherwise I've done it every day so far, which for me is good since i get so bored. hehe

Not posting measurements but my cw/gw is in my sig. I've got my pics and measurements at home and I'll share if they are spectacular.

XX
    Leah
  • Gonzalezkrystle
    Options
    !