30 Day Shread Challenge

Options

Replies

• Dukesjourney
    Dukesjourney Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Day 4 Level 1 complete. I swear this DVD is getting harder by the day. I'm finding myself having to stop more than I did on day 1. I've come to the conclusion that I need to do it in the morning instead of in the evening after ive done all of my usual work outs. Saying that I still did it this morn and struggled. urrgghh. Pls let it get easier. On the plus side i am kind of seeing more of a difference in my waist... so going to stick it out.
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Day 6 Level 1 complete....those darn side lunges with the weights...OMG...still hard for me. BUT, I didn't stop this time, just didn't get down low!! It burns the heck outta my arms! and yes, I still curse (alot) at Jillian!!!
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    L1D4 done! I'm not as sore as I thought I'd be. I thought I'd need to stop after a few days and rest, but so far I've done it 4 days in a row. I'm able to do the cardio without stopping now. The first strength training is still hard, I have to stop with the weights at least once while squatting.

I don't think I'm doing the side lunges right, maybe I'll figure it out by day 10. lol I'm amazed by how much I sweat during the 20 minutes. So excited to take my measurements again at the end of the 30 days!
  • Dukesjourney
    Options
    So I now have a problem, not terrible but a problem non the less! My work have informed me that they want to send me on a familarisation trip (I work in travel) to portugal for 5 days! I leave on 24th and come bk on 29th! This is just 2 days before my 2 weeks holiday to gran canaria (which is what I have been working hard for! So now my issue is this, I'm now going to loose 5 days worth of 30 DS time! Now how can I condense 30 day shred into 25 days! Any suggestions! I'm considering shortening the length of time that I do each level! So instead of 10 days each level ill now just do 5 days! Or something like that! Baring in mind I still will have 2 days after portugal to complete it! Arrrghhh what do! All suggestions are welcome! :-)
  • elephantmeg
    elephantmeg Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    anyone else gaining weight on this? I'm up a lb but re-measured and have lost an inch off my waist, 1/2 inch off my hips and 1/2 inch off my thighs. So I guess I'm still good! I did day 5 of level 1 today (doing 8 days each and running 1-2 days a week) and it felt good.
  • SlimColin
    SlimColin Posts: 89
    Options
    Yahoo!!

CW 181.0 a loss of 1.6 lbs at 09/04/11
    Waist 36.0
    Stomach 38.5
    Hips 40.0
    Thigh 21.5
    Calf 14.0
    Upper Arm 12.5
    Kneck 15.0

Adds substance to my argument that 30 Day Shred is building heavier muscle with a gain on calves and kneck but a slight loss on waist, and I do feel more toned, so all the more reason I am chuffed with the loss of 1.6 lbs. Did 30DShred for the 6th day in 7 so well pleased with that, but it hasn't got any easier yet although trying to do it at 9:50 p.m. is not very clever! Ha-Ha :laugh:
  • Dukesjourney
    Options
    anyone else gaining weight on this? I'm up a lb but re-measured and have lost an inch off my waist, 1/2 inch off my hips and 1/2 inch off my thighs. So I guess I'm still good! I did day 5 of level 1 today (doing 8 days each and running 1-2 days a week) and it felt good.

Yep I have put on a lb too! Not impressed actually! I haven't done any measurements so only time will tell whether I'm loosing inches! Put I wud quite liked to have seen some movement on the scale even if it is just a lb down but certainly not up! :-(
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I have lost a pound this week but i am shocked that i did not gain from doing the tape ! I know i am losing more inches though !
  • tsumpter
    tsumpter Posts: 491
    Options
    my 1st weigh-in is 185.4, 35 inches waist & 47 hips. no change on inches but I lost 2.6 lbs.
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    My weigh for today is 170
    I rather take all measures again at the end
  • Briacha
    Options
    OK after week One:

CW 174.8 CW 174.6
    Waist - 35.0 Waist - 34.0
    Hips - 44.5 Hips - 43.0
    Left Arm - 13.0 Left Arm - 13.0
    Left Thigh - 25.0 Left Thigh - 23.5
    Booty - 43.0 Booty - 43.0
    Breasts - 41.5 Breast - 40.0
    Right Arm - 13.0
    Right Thigh - 23.5

Not much in pounds, but inches are going!!!!
  • leahsevilla
    leahsevilla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm up 4 lbs of water weight. (TOM) i've only done 30DS 4x since the start of the month (FAIL) but my dvd skips so i've had to improvise and work harder at the gym... oh well.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I am having alot of trouble with keeping up with the level 1 and i had gained 1.5 pounds this week ! I really dont like to see the number on the scales going up . I will try it for a couple more days i really dont want to quit this challange but i might not make it past level 1 . I really dont know what to do ..
  • Dukesjourney
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of level 2 and my god, its soooo much easier (surprisingly) than level 1. I've cut short how long i do each level as i'm no going away earlier than planned, which would be right in the middle of the 30DS. Watched level 3 though and im terrifyed.
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Well done all my little 30Day Shredders!!! Ur doing amazing!! Keep up the good work - Im still not well so I have not been keeping up. I hoping to get back into it this week sometime! maybe Wed or thursday! I hope ur keeping ur spirits up and loosing thoose inches!! Love to u all Jeananne xxx
  • Briacha
    Options
    Tried Level 2 today...OMG...did first circuit and went back to Level 1. Now I feel like a loser :( But, atleast I did Level 1 and then did 20 minutes of Pilates. I'll try Level 2 again tomorrow......
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I'm on L1D6 & my knees are killing me. Oh yeah & every time I do a jumping jack I think I'm going to wet myself. Not tmi, I hope but a warning to others use hit the wc before starting to shred!
  • elephantmeg
    elephantmeg Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    started level 2 today! It went better than I thought it might. I had done shred a couple years ago and remember it totally killing me-I seem stronger this time. I even bought 8 lb weights and used them today on a few exercises! Anyways. New measurements.

wt: 135.4 (gain!)
    hips 38.75 (was 40.5)
    waist-31 (was 32.5)
    thigh-21.5 (was 21.75)

my "love handles" have pretty much disappeared too! Which makes my clothes look a lot better!
  • Briacha
    Options
    OMG, same thing here with the jumping jacks!!! LOLOL :bigsmile: prob from all the water I am drinking!!!
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    Did L1D7 today and I'm feeling good! My weight is steady so far, but my next weigh in isn't until Friday. I have lost inches though, just a bit here and there, but I'm excited and I can feel a difference in my waist. So looking forward to how much change I will see at the end of the 30 days!

I'll post my measurements later, I don't have time right now, I just wanted to check in and see how every one is doing. :)