April 30 Day Shred Team Challenge

Options

Replies

• x98peterson
    x98peterson Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3..... I watched level 2, looks like I could handle it with some modified moves.... a couple scare me though..... :)
    I work out with a trainer on Tuesday mornings, and that wipes me out til Thur morning, so I plan to get 5 days of shred in a week, I even got my hubby into it- he likes it so far!
  • daphne_gets_fit
    daphne_gets_fit Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I was planning on starting the Shred on the 4th(1st Monday in April) and just doing it Monday-Friday, so that puts me finishing around May 13th, but I would really like to join this group, what do I need to do?
  • oliveoil87
    oliveoil87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i'm in!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Whoo hoo! I'll start a Forum post tomorrow and we'll do one every day to keep everyone engaged.

If you are in the middle or whatever, feel free to post with your experience and encouragement as well. Definitely an open group.

Just a word of advice. I have seen it before when someone tried to do a new post every day and nobody could ever find it, and people were posting on the wrong day, and I do NOT want 30 posts cluttering up the "My Topics" area.:grumble:

Please just continue this thread for the whole 30 days, the title is perfect already. :flowerforyou:
  • angelbug4
    Options
    Aloha,
    I'm in South Africa and hav only recently heard of this 30 day shred. Any idea on where I can get a copy? I've read so many comments and it seems like a good idea. I hav 3 boys under the age of 5 and can't really do any exercise outside the house. This seems to be a good solution.
    Would so love to join in on the challenge, but am stuck as I don't know where to get the dvd.
    Plz help...?
    Nice day to all!!!
  • angelbug4
    Options
    In SA, where can I get a copy..
    Would luv to join in on the action!
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well!

I started this a couple of years ago and never got to level 2. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be doing it every single day or not and was afraid I'd hurt myself! I went on to something else but here I am still trying to get rid of these unwanted pounds.

I'm anxious to get started! I'll get "before" photos done today so I'll be ready to post tomorrow.

I agree...let's just keep this thread going for the 30 days...don't start a new one. :flowerforyou:
  • xkellytotsx
    Options
    I'd love to join in too, heard lots of good (but slightly intimidating!) things about this program !
  • kristinmkartist
    kristinmkartist Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just picked up this dvd 2 days ago and I thought about starting it to in April. I am leaving on vacation for 4 days (at end of month) so that might put a little damage on me for total results. I want to join this group if you all don't mind. I am not very good at posting on here yet and my way around these boards.
  • em80
    em80 Posts: 91
    Options
    Do we post measurements etc before we start?
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Okay - sounds like we've got a great group here! As requested, we'll keep this forum rather than starting a new one every day. :)

We are going to do it everyday - no rest days. The workouts are only 20 minutes, so getting them done every day shouldn't be difficult. If you need to rest, then rest but I think the goal for everyone should be every day for 30 days.

It is my understanding that the program recommends you do each level for 10 days. I think that everyone is different and should adjust their workouts according to what they need. If you spend the entire month on Level 1 - that's great! At least you did 20 minutes a day of activity, right? So, adjust as you need to and just let everyone know where you're at and how you're feeling.

Today is Pre-Challenge Day! Make sure you have your copy, hand weights, and a water bottle. Please post Pics, Measurements, and Weight either today or before your first workout so we can compare where we start to how we end. I'd love to do a mid-way check in, too!

Here are my starting digits (photos can be seen on my profile):

Weight 185
    Neck 14
    Lt Arm 14
    Rt Arm 14
    Bust 42
    Waist 35
    Hips 42
    Lt Thigh 25.5
    Rt Thigh 25.5
    Lt Calf 16
    RT Calf 16

Admittedly, I'm a little nervous. I watched a few minutes of the program and it looks kinda intimidating! But, I'm ready to kick this bad boy into gear and try to get over my month long plateau.

HERE WE GO!!! =)
  • tcrossking
    tcrossking Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I am in! I will post before pictures tomorrow.
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm going to take before pictures tonight, as well as measurements. The dvd and a tape measure are coming tonight. :) Pics will be on my profile.

Oh, and the dvd is on sale at Target for $9. Wish I would've known that before I bought it on amazon. I don't mind the extra 99 cents, but it's always nice to just have it instead of waiting for a package. Worst case, my cable has Level 1 on demand.
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm definately in. I started it last month but never finished. This month I'm determined to do the whole 30 days. I'll post weight and measurements tonight.
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in! I'll have to buy it on my way home from the gym tonight, and then take a pic and measurements when I get home! :)
    I'm running a 1/2 marathon at the end of the month, so I may have to skip the last couple days, but until then, it should be a great addition to my running!
    WOO HOO!!!!
  • em80
    em80 Posts: 91
    Options
    Weight 163 (although I've not weighed since the start of lent).
    Neck 13
    Lt Arm 12 1/2
    Rt Arm 12 1/2
    Bust 39
    Waist 33
    Hips 42
    Lt Thigh 23 1/2
    Rt Thigh 23 1/2
    Lt Calf 14
    RT Calf 14
  • daphne_gets_fit
    daphne_gets_fit Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm really excited to get started, I'll post my measurements tomorrow, but I probably won't actually start til following Monday.
  • WillWorkout4Food
    WillWorkout4Food Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Starting today
  • SASPaladin
    Options
    im going to buy the dvd tonight so i can participate in this with you guys...just a suggestion...why not keep up to date progress reports via blogs?

Day One:
    Day Two:

Etc.?
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you all! I joined a challenge for Lent, but seem to be the only one posting recently...:cry:

I was going to start on Level 3 tomorrow, as part of the challenge, so I'll still do that (fool that I am - I've just had a sneaky peek!!!), then start back at level 1 after 10 days.

I work in a school, so I break up next week until 26th April. We're only back for 3 days then off again for the Royal Wedding and a Bank Holiday!!!! :bigsmile: So with all that time on my hands, I will have no excuses!!!!!

I'll post my starting weight and measurements tomorrow. I'll also get one of my daughters to take a before piccie! :sad:

LouiseXXX