April 30 Day Shred Team Challenge

Options

Replies

• thumper67
    thumper67 Posts: 105
    Options
    For day 9 we decided to start level 2. It definitly turned up the fat burning furnace. I was really sweating! So to that note it was a pretty good work out but man all I can remember is Jillian saying "think your gonna die". And yes I felt like I was gonna die. So we took measurements last night and the numbers might be a bit off but lost .25 off rt arm, 1.5 off bust, 1 off waist, .5 off hips, .5 off left thigh, 2.5 off rt thigh, .25 off left calf. DRUM ROLL PLEASE...Total lost 6.5 inches and 4.8 lbs since we started. I pretty impressed with the results. Hope the next 10 days will show even more inches and lbs off. KEEP IT GOING! We are 1/3 of the way there. Not doing extra cardio today. Need a day of rest. Had to put a brace on my knee today to keep it stable and help it feel better. Will keep wearing it until my knee settles down. Tore my miniscus a couple of years ago had it fixed but it gives me trouble once in a while. Going to the chiropractor Wednesday so hopefully he can do something to make it feel better. Well off to do stuff. Happy Day 10!
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    First week check in:

Height 5'3"
    Weight 201.4 ~ 199.6
    Neck 15 ~ 14.5
    Arm L13 R14 ~no change
    Chest 45.5 ~ 45
    Waist 38.5 ~ 38
    Hips 49 ~ 48
    Thigh 27 ~ no change
    Calf 17.5 ~ 17

:) I love this challenge!!
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    wow we had some great results!! I think I will do one more day of level one (today) and start level 2 tomorrow. Getting a little sick of the same routine, but I am also really scared of all the jump rope I hear there is in level 2. Good job everyone! I am so scared this thread will die out and it is the main thing that keeps me motivated so stick with it!! lol
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Sarah.. WE will not let this thread die! :)

I'm having laser tattoo removal done tomorrow, so just in case I can't work out tomorrow, I'm going to do one level 1 and one level 2 today!
  • kartunes
    kartunes Posts: 46
    Options
    Couldn't do day 4 yesterday, so busy with exams! Doing day 4 today though!
  • xaintes
    xaintes Posts: 129
    Options
    Just finished day 10! It's getting tough because I've been trying to ramp up my Bikram Yoga to prepare for a 30 day challenge in June... hopefully my body will adjust soon.
  • pinklion721
    pinklion721 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    wow we had some great results!! I think I will do one more day of level one (today) and start level 2 tomorrow. Getting a little sick of the same routine, but I am also really scared of all the jump rope I hear there is in level 2. Good job everyone! I am so scared this thread will die out and it is the main thing that keeps me motivated so stick with it!! lol

I hope it doesn't die either. This thread motivates me to get out of bed and shred. Some days I think ah ill sleep then shred at night. I tried that once. . . Nice to sleep in but I never shredded. I check this thread at least twice a day to keep up with everyones progress. Checking before going to bed pushes me to set my alarm!
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Day 10 done(well 9 for me) but i feel like i did 10 days with the extra cardio that i have been doing!! on to level 2 tomorrow, we can do it ladies!!! doesn't sound like i need to do extra cardio with L2
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Day 10, Day 3 Level 2 complete. Really feeling stronger after several days on Level 2. Its a great workout!!
  • thumper67
    thumper67 Posts: 105
    Options
    Day 10 done! It so kicks my butt. I didn't do extra cardio today. Went to play bingo at the community center with my girls and resisted the yummy bars they had there. I'm so proud of myself that I resisted. I keep telling myself that it wouldn't be worth it if I blew it now. Boy do these workouts make me tired. OH WELL...Onward...
  • clearly_ninja
    clearly_ninja Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Not been keeping up with this topic because i've been swamped with uni deadlines, literally 5 hours sleep then all nighters editing footage in the mac suites. So i've been getting up, doing the shred, showering and heading straight out.

So glad I've read today though because i've been feeling really demotivated. I'm on day 8 because I took one day off and only finished circuit 2 on another day. Felt demotivated because I still need to do modified push ups, and they aren't getting much easier, and I put on half a pound.

But reading throught this I can see lots of other people have gained aswell and are finding similar things hard. I might keep with level one for 15 days though, just until push ups, even if modified get easier.

So yeah this thread is awesome :)
  • saphire76
    saphire76 Posts: 102
    Options

Be more scared of the squat thrusts! Omg they are awful lol
  • kristinmkartist
    kristinmkartist Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Day 10 done! Wow do I want to punch her in the face (jillian) when she tells me I will want to die in the middle of this Level 2. Shes right. Level one I don't recall sweating the way I do when I did Level 2.

I really don't feel like I am losing much this week. I weigh in on Wed and I just feel horrible for this week. I am tired and bloated must mean my friend is coming to see me soon. Great!

I agree I hope this thread doesn't die out because I look on this thing 2 times a day to keep up and see how well everyone is doing. I know I am very proud of Deb and myself for sticking with this. Its hard work and we are at the gym 4-5 times a wk Sometimes 6 times and its HARD! It makes it so so worth it to see results at the end of this! I can't believe how far we have come!

KEEP IT UP GIRLS! YOU CAN DO IT EVEN IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR GOING TO DIE!!!!!
  • elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Day 10, L2D2.

"See you tomorrow" :)
  • pinklion721
    pinklion721 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Done. I also did last chance work out. Now I feel like im going to die. Haha
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Fell off the wagon this weekend. Kept up with my C25k, but 30DS fell to the wayside... Starting back up tonight. Missed two workouts. Whoops. I think I'll do Level 1 and 2 tonight, which doesn't make up for yesterday, but will make me feel better.
  • xaintes
    xaintes Posts: 129
    Options
    I'm going to try level 2 tonight but all of you are scaring me!
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    :smile: Day 11 L2!! not to bad, but way more intense on the strength part of it!
    Happy MONDAY ALL!!!:drinker: here's to a good one!
  • dtw2abz
    dtw2abz Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello everyone! Am a bit late to the game for April, having just found this site, but hope you won't mind my joining in..

I've tried and loved 30-day shred before, but have only ever managed to do it a few times in a row before stopping for long periods. Always felt great results in that short time span though, so really want to try and make it stick this time and see 30 days successfully out.

I am very impressed by those of you who are on to level 2...is it terribly harder than level 1? Is anyone else doing other exercise dvds or activities like running to supplement the shred? I am trying to think of a good program to start following and would love to hear your experience/ suggestions please :happy:

Righto...that's me off to do day 1, level 1!
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Day 11, D4L2 in the books. Back on my morning routine.