April 30 Day Shred Team Challenge

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Day 13, D6L2 done. My official weigh in day is today and I have lost 3.4 pounds this week! Excited, finally some movement! :happy: Thinking about starting Level 3 Friday, maybe. Everyone have a great day!!
  • saphire76
    saphire76 Posts: 102
    Options
    Day 12 check! Keep up the good work everyone!

I like level 2 more as weird as that sounds, but i have to do more modified moves. Also, someone mentioned pain...i started having lower back issues on day one of level two, but i am also fortunate to have TOM at the same time as level 2 as well. So....this should be interesting but I'll power through it.

Check that....WE WILL power through it!!!

This might sound funny, but does TOM stand for? And if you happen to know, what does NSV stand for? I'm still learning the lingo

on here :)

I know TOM is the time of the month lol but I still don't know NSV i think it is something good though.

Thanks!
  • susanjackson66
    Options
    Hi guys, well done you seem to be all going really well. I workout like a maniac (I do all kinds of gym classes, kettlebells, running etc.) but my weight isn't really dropping and midriff is very Pillsbury doughboy!!! So I was thinking of getting this DVD and joining you - is it good are people seeing results? Do I need any equipment besides a mat and some space in the living room? Pretty please help, all advice welcome! xx

You will also need some hand weights. I think mine are 3 lb weights. When I first started I actually gained a pound then started losing. Also I need to measure again because I can really tell a difference in the way my clothes are fitting. So make sure you measure before you start.
  • treetz1979
    treetz1979 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Just re-caught up on the forum since last night - we are a busy group, which is a great thing!!!

TOM is Time of the Month

and

NSV is nonscale victory ....these are my favorite since I am on a 4 week plateau (I think still since I refuse to weight ore measure myself anymore). So an example of an NSV is that someone noticed your weight loss, your pants fit differently, etc.
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I totally would have wussed out yesterday if it wasn't for you guys! :)
  • gallegosmagaly
    Options
    Day 2 of shred today I am doing every other day so far 2 lbs down. Def going to keep this up and hopefully gonna increase from every other day to every day. :) totally motivated right now. 0
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    My knee is killing me. I havent shred yet today but I am going to try and see how it goes. I am thinking since I am going out of town tomorrow and wont be able to shred again til Monday it will hopefully give my knee a nice break and I will be ready for monday. Ugh. I am so mad at myself! I ate two pieces of pizza and a couple wings for lunch. I know it's ok to have cheat meals once in a while, but I plan on weighing in tomorrow and really hope it doesnt affect my weigh in. I am still under my cal goal for today but way over in sodium. Do you all have days where you just crave everything in site?
  • susanjackson66
    Options
    My knee is killing me. I havent shred yet today but I am going to try and see how it goes. I am thinking since I am going out of town tomorrow and wont be able to shred again til Monday it will hopefully give my knee a nice break and I will be ready for monday. Ugh. I am so mad at myself! I ate two pieces of pizza and a couple wings for lunch. I know it's ok to have cheat meals once in a while, but I plan on weighing in tomorrow and really hope it doesnt affect my weigh in. I am still under my cal goal for today but way over in sodium. Do you all have days where you just crave everything in site?

YES!! And today is one of those days for me, too!
  • morganm11
    Options
    I'm so glad that there are so many people doing the 30-Day Shred. I started two weeks ago and then stoppped during Spring Break. I'm two days in and wishing I never stopped. It's encouraging to know that I'm not alone. It would have been nice to start with the group though. Oh well, I'm still going to go for it.
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    Ok I went back to level one today on account of my knee. I am so scared of really messing it up. So I will do level one again tomorrow, be off fri sat and sun, then back at it monday, hoping to start again at level 2. Level one is still a tough workout so I feel pretty good! Keep it up ladies! And welcome to all the newbies!!!
  • saphire76
    saphire76 Posts: 102
    Options
    Ok I went back to level one today on account of my knee. I am so scared of really messing it up. So I will do level one again tomorrow, be off fri sat and sun, then back at it monday, hoping to start again at level 2. Level one is still a tough workout so I feel pretty good! Keep it up ladies! And welcome to all the newbies!!!

I have started taking glucosamine for my knees because they were killing me. That and a lot of prayers they are feeling pretty darn good! Hope they get better for you.
  • aferbet
    aferbet Posts: 124
    Options
    Day 12 check! Keep up the good work everyone!

I like level 2 more as weird as that sounds, but i have to do more modified moves. Also, someone mentioned pain...i started having lower back issues on day one of level two, but i am also fortunate to have TOM at the same time as level 2 as well. So....this should be interesting but I'll power through it.

Check that....WE WILL power through it!!!

This might sound funny, but does TOM stand for? And if you happen to know, what does NSV stand for? I'm still learning the lingo

on here :)

I know TOM is the time of the month lol but I still don't know NSV i think it is something good though.

Thanks!

that makes sense now...thanks!
  • parrislisa
    Options
    It is Day 2 of the shred for me as well I am a little bit tired since I did 30 mins of Tae Bo I haven't weighed myself I don't want to get disappointed !
  • parrislisa
    Options
    I need help do we do 10 dys of level 1 and 10 dys of level 2 etc? This is my day 2 level 1.
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Day 20 (D4, L2)... done! My hips/sides of my butt and lower back are feeling better. I guess it was because those were my weak areas and I had to build them up a bit. Great job everyone and keep shredding!! :bigsmile:
  • treetz1979
    treetz1979 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Day 13 (Day 3 Level 2) done and i took a little less 5 second breaks. But, and this is hard to explain, it was harder today and really feeling it in my shoulders. But, those chair squats with the v-fly are killers.....i want to throw the hand weights at the tv screen after about five of them.

No matter what day, level, etc. you are on - keep it going, we can do this!!!!
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    So, I tried to convince myself that I could skip 30DS tonight since I went for a hike after work, but then I didn't want to wuss.
    So, I decided that I would do level 1 instead of level 2. But at the end of the level 1 work out I decided I really didn't want to end the day that way, so I did level 2 as well! :)
    woot!
  • SHALONDAG
    SHALONDAG Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Day 13 (Day 3 Level 2) done and i took a little less 5 second breaks. But, and this is hard to explain, it was harder today and really feeling it in my shoulders. But, those chair squats with the v-fly are killers.....i want to throw the hand weights at the tv screen after about five of them.

No matter what day, level, etc. you are on - keep it going, we can do this!!!!
  • SHALONDAG
    SHALONDAG Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about those darn chair squats with the v- flies!