April 30 Day Shred Team Challenge

Options

Replies

• sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    Hello everyone! Am a bit late to the game for April, having just found this site, but hope you won't mind my joining in..

I've tried and loved 30-day shred before, but have only ever managed to do it a few times in a row before stopping for long periods. Always felt great results in that short time span though, so really want to try and make it stick this time and see 30 days successfully out.

I am very impressed by those of you who are on to level 2...is it terribly harder than level 1? Is anyone else doing other exercise dvds or activities like running to supplement the shred? I am trying to think of a good program to start following and would love to hear your experience/ suggestions please :happy:

Righto...that's me off to do day 1, level 1!

Welcome!! I am starting level 2 today, I will let you know how hard it is. And I do run on the treadmill most days to get in some extra cardio. Usually 4-5 times a week, along with the shred. Welcome and good luck!
  • aprilflowers75
    aprilflowers75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this forum. I have been doing the 30 day shred at home but I am not sure how to log it as exercise in my journal and how to tell how many calories it has burned.
  • Nykki71
    Nykki71 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Did day 9 of L2 feeling good :wink:
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this forum. I have been doing the 30 day shred at home but I am not sure how to log it as exercise in my journal and how to tell how many calories it has burned.

Welcome to the forum. I have only been on here a little over a month myself. Feel free to add me as a friend if you are looking for motivation.

I put it under circuit training, general. Those who wear a HRM say that they burn lots more calories than the circuit training shows, but I dont know for sure.
  • susanjackson66
    Options
    Hello everyone! Am a bit late to the game for April, having just found this site, but hope you won't mind my joining in..

I've tried and loved 30-day shred before, but have only ever managed to do it a few times in a row before stopping for long periods. Always felt great results in that short time span though, so really want to try and make it stick this time and see 30 days successfully out.

I am very impressed by those of you who are on to level 2...is it terribly harder than level 1? Is anyone else doing other exercise dvds or activities like running to supplement the shred? I am trying to think of a good program to start following and would love to hear your experience/ suggestions please :happy:

Righto...that's me off to do day 1, level 1!

For me, the strength part is harder. You are doing more compund moves. Lots of squats. But it feels like its working different muscle groups, so to me its like I have started a whole new workout! Just with the same person still annoying me!!:laugh:

I was very unsure whether I could do Level 2 and Level 3 at first when starting Level 1. But I really am enjoying it. And my clothes are definitely looser!!
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    day 10 done! I moved up to level 2 today. It was tough, but to be honest I thought level 1 was worse. or maybe my body is just ready to move up. Dont get me wrong, it was definately tough. But I'm glad I pushed through it. I had to stop during WARM UP!!! reason being : I started my jumping jacks and very quickly realized I FORGOT TO PUT MY BRA ON!!! hahahaha. Had to pause the DVD and throw on my sports bra. much better. :laugh:
  • soultrain1913
    soultrain1913 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 9 on Level 1. I took a break on Friday since I was off work and went to the spa to celebrate hitting a milestone in my weight loss. :-) I don't know WHAT happened to me yesterday but I just couldn't get myself together to do it. I must admit that I got through the whole thing today without stopping except on the last abs circuit. Right when she says "don't you quit" is when I usually have to quit. Ugh!!!
  • kartunes
    kartunes Posts: 46
    Options
    Day 5 of Level 1 done today!
  • aportillo8
    aportillo8 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Day 6 L1... I kinda fell off thanks to the Flu and TOM but I'm back and preping for LEVEL 2!
  • steakie46
    steakie46 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi all. New to MFP although this is my first post I have been reading this thread since the end of March and actually started the challenge right along with all of you! I had a few days in the books before April 1st but decided to pretty much start over April 1st. So far this month I have done Level one 6 times (+ at least 3-5 times before April) and the last three days I have done level 2. I know I skipped to L2 early for the challenge but I just got tired of L1. So tomorrow will be my ninth day for the challenge and my fourth day at L2! :wink:
  • thumper67
    thumper67 Posts: 105
    Options
    Hi all. New to MFP although this is my first post I have been reading this thread since the end of March and actually started the challenge right along with all of you! I had a few days in the books before April 1st but decided to pretty much start over April 1st. So far this month I have done Level one 6 times (+ at least 3-5 times before April) and the last three days I have done level 2. I know I skipped to L2 early for the challenge but I just got tired of L1. So tomorrow will be my ninth day for the challenge and my fourth day at L2! :wink:

Way to go. Welcome to the shred thread! Level 2 is kicking my butt. My knee's don't like all this extra movement. I keep telling them they aren't invited to the party. Thier not listening! Working through it though. Day 11 shredding done!
  • saphire76
    saphire76 Posts: 102
    Options
    I always seem to miss Saturday workouts because I have to work at 10:00 and my son has 9:00 soccer.
    Sunday we had a trauma after church my son was running and tripped into a pew shoving his front tooth up into his bone. So I missed yesterday :( with the hospital trip and emergency dentist visit.

Soooo I did do level 2 this evening and I walked the neighborhood for 30 minutes.
    I really hope my bad eating with this stress and not shredding does not have a negative result.

Super proud of u ladies!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Finshed day 5 Level 1 today...my arms are the thing that's the hardest for me. The other stuff I can handle but my arms are weak!
  • treetz1979
    treetz1979 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Did my first day on level 2 today....this is sort of NSV for me because i thought by now i would have skipped a day of shred, but not so far!!! Level 2 is way more sweatier for me too, wish i had an HRM just to see what my true burn is. Keep up the good work all!
  • xaintes
    xaintes Posts: 129
    Options
    Did level 2 for the first time today, too! I was scared... but I actually really liked it. I think I liked it more than level 1 actually.

I'm so proud of all of us!
  • elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone. We're more than a third of the way through :)

(Day 11, D2L2 for me)
  • dtw2abz
    dtw2abz Posts: 5
    Options
    It's so great to hear all your thoughts/experiences with level 2 everyone...was sat here debating whether to carry on today as am a bit sore from starting yesterday, but you've all given me the motivation I needed! Thanks :happy: Am actually really looking forward to seeing it through and getting to level 2 now. So that's D2L1 for me....
  • susanjackson66
    Options
    Day 12, D5L2 complete. I was able to get a pair of pants on and buttoned (although they are still tight) today. I am so excited to weigh and measure again!! :happy: And I am never excited about weighing and measuring!

I also enjoy Level 2 more than Level 1. Everyone have a great Tuesday!
  • MyFatPublicSecrets
    MyFatPublicSecrets Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    keep it up ladies!!!!
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Greetings!! Sorry to have been MIA for a few days - things have just been crazy around here! I have missed a few days of the shred, but I'm getting back on it and about to try my luck at Level 2. I like hearing that most people seem to prefer that level to the first one, but I am still a little scared.

I haven't lost an inch or a pound yet, but I can tell my cardio is getting better and I am definitely noticing that I am getting stronger. Both of those things are awesome and will get me to where I need to be eventually.

I can't believe we are nearly half way through!!! WOO! :)