April 30 Day Shred Team Challenge

Options

Replies

• Kia84
    Kia84 Posts: 5
    Options
    I just completed day 1, having had the DVD for over a year. Thanks for the inspiration!

I'm a little late responding to this....I've had mine for a year as well and excited to actually use it now! measurements will come tomorrow!
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    3 lb weights. Kind of regret that though... I think I'll try to muscle through it though and see what happens. When I can no longer lift my arms, I'll switch to 1 lb?
  • SASPaladin
    Options
    im using 5lb weights..i was going to go all macho man and use 10 lb weights but quickly changed my mind
  • c_ramey
    c_ramey Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I started with 3 lbs also, I am going to try to muscle through with them. I would love to be able to use the 5 lbs in a few days though.....
  • kristinmkartist
    kristinmkartist Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well Day 1 done! I got threw it fine. I found that my posture wasn't like it should be so my hubby corrected me. I was very proud of myself I got through it with one 5 sec break. My thighs BURN!!!!

WAY TO GO DEB! See ya at 6am!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Just a tip from someone who also has PT's & PFT's in the family: I've been doing hard-core workouts for almost a year now: when I do JM I will NOT exceded 5 pound dumbbells since the risk of injury is too great. Using more weight does not necessarily mean you'll burn more, you may end up hurting yourself (especially since you're repeating moves back to back). I switch between 3 & 5 lbs & am seeing the difference and still getting stronger. Sure, some moves you may be able to handle 8 or 10 pounds but why risk hurting yourself & then NOT being able to workout for a few days or even weeks!

I love working out too much to jeopardize myself: I want to look good, I want to feel good & while it may take a little longer it means the results will be easier to maintain & longer-lasting :flowerforyou:
  • treetz1979
    treetz1979 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Ran out of time today to read all of your posts....but day one done....and all i have to say is wow.

Measurements
    Bust 41
    Waist 33
    Hips 47
    Thigh 26.5
    Knee 16.5
    Calf 16
    Bicep 12.5
    Forearm 9

I am not brave enough yet to post my pics or my weight....still working through that stage of my journey. i'll c heck in tomorrow and catch up on everyone's posts.
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Day 1 down, gonna feel this tomorrow for sure. Here's my info:

SW 133.2
    WAIST 29
    HIPS 36
    THIGHS 26
    BICEP 12
  • carmelasergi
    carmelasergi Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Day 1 ~ 30DS L1 done!
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Failed miserably at starting this challenge. Had 'Fat Friday' at my Ma n Pa's yesterday and when I got home I was still stuffed!

Couldn't even manage to start my Zumba for the Wii, which I got my hot little hands on yesterday!

So today will be day one but I will be doing level 3 (I joined a different challenge but seemed to be the only one posting!). I'll go back to level one on the 10th, for 10 days and level 2 for the last 10 days!

Starting weight = 184.5lbs
    (I'll do my measurements later today. I need my breakfast now!!!).

LouiseXXX
  • Maxylicious
    Maxylicious Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My dvd got messed up in the mail so I dont start until Sunday. Darn amazon shipping:grumble: :explode: :angry:
    Im glad everyone is doing so good their 1st day in though:drinker:

I forgot to give my measurements last time, so here they are: (dnt judge me pls:blushing: )

weight:197
    upper arm:14.5
    chest:42
    waist:33
    hips:44
    thigh:28
    calf:17.5

yikes still a long way to go, cant wait for sunday so i can catch up!

-Max
  • mrsprince
    Options
    I am in, i started on 1st april, so am only on day 2 today xxx
  • BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    Options
    I will be starting when I get home from work today, but I had a question.

BeccyBerry, how'd you get that ticker with the shred on it? I like that!

Google lilyslim
    pick exercise days
    full size ticker
    choose your pics and stuff
    then i picked count from ticker and changed it for the shred
    then you need the bb code and copy and paste to your signature xx
  • BeccyBerry
    Options
    Just about to do day 2. For all of you just doing this for the first time days 2 and 3 are baaaaaaaaaaaaaad but work through it and by day 4 you should start to feel less hurty lol. Thats how it was for me anyway!!

Im using 3lb weights for the first 5 days of each level but I hope to up it to 5lbs for the second half of each level, will see how it goes though :laugh:

xx
  • elephantmeg
    elephantmeg Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I was doing it and just found this post, lol. So here I am. I'll do pics later. I did day 1 yesterday morning after working night shift and the kids joined in, lol (3+5!). Quite hilarious to see them doing jumping jacks. Not so hilarious to see them fighting over my 3 lb weights (I guess it's one way to make sure I use the 5 lb ones!)

wt 135
    hips: 40.5
    waist 32.5
    thighs 21.75
  • BeccyBerry
    Options
    I was doing it and just found this post, lol. So here I am. I'll do pics later. I did day 1 yesterday morning after working night shift and the kids joined in, lol (3+5!). Quite hilarious to see them doing jumping jacks. Not so hilarious to see them fighting over my 3 lb weights (I guess it's one way to make sure I use the 5 lb ones!)

wt 135
    hips: 40.5
    waist 32.5
    thighs 21.75

LOL my two are the same age and they quite often join in when I do it too. Yesterday when my daughter got in from school I asked her if she wanted to watch some tv whilst i put the shopping away and she said no she wanted to do my exercise dvd!!

Jillian Michaels youngest fans lol
  • pinklion721
    pinklion721 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Day 2: wow! I didn't get to bed til 1am and was debating if I should set my alarm for 6 to get a work out in. . . This challenge and all of you are the reason why I woke up and shredded today! I felt great, I ripped through level three and for the first time on this level I didn't even take a 5 sec. Break! !! This is by far my favorite level.
    I finished my workout with a 15 min. Run on my elliptical
    I hope everyone else is having a successful second day too!
  • jmminmn
    jmminmn Posts: 28
    Options
    i'll join too!!
  • em80
    em80 Posts: 91
    Options
    I could feel it in my abs today from yesterdays work out lol.

Day 2 complete.
  • clearly_ninja
    clearly_ninja Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    God do I ache today, about to try day 2, i'm still stickng with level one because i'm still on the 'easier' exercises.

Hope it goes ok, my arms and leg hurrrrtt :(