*closed group* Flab to Fab 3 Month Challenge!

Options

Replies

• Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody! My name is Lindsay, my friends tend to call me Lindz and before I was married my last name was Fisher, so that's just about every username I use was created. I "8" a fish :) It's been with me for quite a while now.

I am 25 years old and have lived in Lansing, MI for a good part of my life.

Hey, Lindsay! My sister lives in Lansing, too. :) I visit there often. Congrats on your baby boy. I'm hoping to adopt a rescue pup in the next few years when I'm done with school and home more often. I'd LOVE a large breed!

Awesome, I live just south of Lansing now in a little town called Eaton Rapids. I just say Lansing because it's easier and I'm there at least once a week haha. And good for you for going to rescue! I rescued Roxy and Gibson (RIP, he was my first dog out of living with my parents). If you, or anyone, has any doggie questions feel free to shoot them my way :) I know a lot about dog nutrition, training, grooming and I'm learning about certain dog behavior issues. My Dane is fearful and it has been a work in progress getting him used to having a baby around.

When I wrote my about me section yesterday, I had a crying baby towards the end. I forgot to add I'm not just in this for the weight loss. I want to be healthier for Lukas and future children of mine. It just feels good to live a healthier life!! One of my major goals is to eventually move up to Traverse City, MI and open up a dog boarding/grooming/daycare facility and do fostering on the side.

I don't live too far from Detroit, so I wouldn't mind driving to meet up with any ladies who want to. I just need to know a little ahead of time so I can ask a Grandma to babysit (they almost never say no :)
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    That is right. On May 17th I will turn 30! I am probably the only person I know who is stoked to turn 30. I love life and look at each birthday as a blessing. After all it is another year you have lived!

I too will be turning 30 this year...not long after you...my birthday is June 23! My fiance and I are hopefully planning a trip to Vegas as a celebration...but with all the planning that will be taking place...we may just celebrate here in MI with family and friends...either way... I too am CELEBRATING turning 30 :))

I can't WAIT for my birthday...June 18th. Woo-hoo! 30th in Vegas baby! :)
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    I think it would be AWESOME if anyone wanted to get together for a night out, dinner, Tigs game, whatev! I actually have an idea for the end of this for the Detroit-local girls, but I'm going to keep it a secret. =)

I'm not from D-Town but i would SO be down for a Tigers Game! Kalamazoo is only a short (okay well 3 hour ) Drive away!!!! :)
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    That is right. On May 17th I will turn 30! I am probably the only person I know who is stoked to turn 30. I love life and look at each birthday as a blessing. After all it is another year you have lived!

I too will be turning 30 this year...not long after you...my birthday is June 23! My fiance and I are hopefully planning a trip to Vegas as a celebration...but with all the planning that will be taking place...we may just celebrate here in MI with family and friends...either way... I too am CELEBRATING turning 30 :))

I can't WAIT for my birthday...June 18th. Woo-hoo! 30th in Vegas baby! :)

And NKOTBSB on the 16th! WOOHOO! :-)
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hellloooooooooo Everyone!!!

You all sound like top ladies! Looking forward to sharing the next 3 months with all of you!!

My name is Lorraine. Im 25. Im from the south-west of Ireland (Cork) and Im currently living in Dublin enjoying this recession!! Im the eldest of 4 and Im a great older sister!:tongue:

My screen name is just a funky misspelling of my first name (cos I was bored!) and the initial of my last name which is McCarthy. AMAZING huh!

I am a freelance Location Sound Recordist for flim/TV. I started out Location Recording (recording sound on set of films) but recently Im getting more into the editing side and I really would love to pursue a career in Post-production Sound Editing.

I met my boyfriend while studying in college, we were in the same class but he already had a girlfriend of 6 years at the time! We became great friends and when he broke up with his ex we starting seeing each other. So we've been together for almost 4 years and they've been the best 4 years of my life!!!!! He's amazing and we're best friends and I couldn't have imagined a better boyfriend for myself if I tried!!

So myself and weight issues go way back to my toddler days! I guess you could say my mommy spoiled me rotten as a child and Im also a Taurus which means Im stubborn and try to get my way all the time! haha
    My teenage years were not happy for me because I was so overweight and I wasn't in the 'popular group' at school and I hadn't discovered make-up, I was very anti-social, couldn't even look at a boy and I just felt completely out of place and that no one would ever like me.

I decided to lose weight after my 21st birthday when I started college because I was so depressed with myself and I was soooo lonely and all I wanted in the whole world was a boyfriend. I think I was about 230lbs before college.

Ive managed to lose weight over the years, its been a rocky road. When I started dating my boyfriend I put back on about 30lbs of love weight! Aaargrgghh! Right now Ive gotten down to 156lbs which is the lightest I ever been and Im a COMPLETELY different person than the one I was before college.

I now LOVE socializing, Im not camera shy anymore, Im alot more confident, Ive managed to hold onto a man for 4 years! (when at one stage in my life I thought I would never be intimate with ANYONE)

But there are still parts of the old me that are hard to get rid of. Even though Im only slightly overweight now, I still feel like I stand out like a sore thumb sometimes and I just want to be as pretty and thin as my others friends. And of course I want my boyfriend's friends to be jealous of his hawt arm-candy!!:tongue:

My favorite thing about me would maybe be my eyes or my collarbones (they've started to come to the surface!!! haha) And the part I hate the most is my tummy! I still hate it when my boyfriend tries to go near it or hug me around the waist! Its alot more squishy than I would like!! :laugh:

I LOVE dancing. I used to play in a pipeband for 12 years playing the scottish bagpipes :smile: Im quite good at art and I was going to pursue it in college but music and sound recording took over!

My birthday is on May 8th (National Tea Day no less!) and I want to look A-MAZING! I also have a family wedding in Malaga, Spain the weekend before my birthday so I also need to look A-MAZING for that cos I want to show off to all my family (and its a very big family!) They always only remember me as the fat little girl, when my two younger sister are absolutely STUNNING! I was like the black sheep of the family. Now I want to show them that I have turned into a beautiful young woman and I want my parents to be proud of having a 3rd beautiful daughter. That's all I want!:sad:

I like to make people laugh, it makes me feel like they enjoy my company and they like spending time with me. Since I was such a hermit in a previous life I really want to feel liked now. I actually feel like Im reliving my teenage years now! I tend to be quite sarcastic (in a light heartened, non-offending way) so people need to get to know me before they can understand my sense of humor! But I do mean good :smile:

Im going on and on and on and on...:yawn:

Can't wait to share the next 3 months with all of you. And I hope I can support you all to the best of my ability on this journey to hotness!

I have at least 16lbs to lose for the summer and possibly more but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it!!:laugh:

X:flowerforyou:
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I think it would be AWESOME if anyone wanted to get together for a night out, dinner, Tigs game, whatev! I actually have an idea for the end of this for the Detroit-local girls, but I'm going to keep it a secret. =)

I'm not from D-Town but i would SO be down for a Tigers Game! Kalamazoo is only a short (okay well 3 hour ) Drive away!!!! :)

I've totally made it in 2 hours!!! =)
    I use to have season tickets but I stopped this season when I moved about 45 minutes north. BUT I have a stalker that is the box office manager and sometimes I use him ;) We should def set up a day!! I'll try to get something in the works!
  • LurayneMarie
    Options
    Boo! If only I had about €1000 for return flights to the US, I'd be there in like 8 hours :tongue: :sad:
  • LurayneMarie
    Options
    One exciting thing about my life that I wasn't going to share on MFP yet is...I'm GETTING MARRIED! I just got engaged Tuesday night...yes, 2 days ago!!! We're planning a June 2012 wedding so that's even more motivation to keep on pushing!!!

Wow Andrea! That's so exciting! CONGRATS!!!!!!:flowerforyou: You must be over the moon! I cant wait to get engaged! hahaha Its a good few years away for me yet though :tongue:
  • kerriBB37
    Options
    Boo! If only I had about €1000 for return flights to the US, I'd be there in like 8 hours :tongue: :sad:

We would have a lot of fun if you came dear!! =) Maybe we can all come to IRELAND!! weeeeeeeeeeeeee yipeeeeee!
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    We would have a lot of fun if you came dear!! =) Maybe we can all come to IRELAND!! weeeeeeeeeeeeee yipeeeeee!

I'm in!
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    Ok, girls, how do you resist cravings? Let's hear it. People are ALWAYS bringing treats in to my work. Some days I can resist and other days I can't. Particularly right before or during my period...like today. I totally gave in and ate a donut that I resisted all morning. I'm within my calories and but still feel yucky. It totally wasn't worth it and if anything I should have had half. Lately it seems like everyday I'm determined to eat clean all day and then I KEEP giving in.
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit late to the party. Sorry I've been busy these past couple days.

I'm Caitlin but everyone calls me Caity. I am 26 and I live in New York... for now.

I married a New Zealander and I will be moving back to New Zealand in the next few months. I'm shooting for May sometime. I am going through a bit of a rough time at the moment because my husband is currently in New Zealand and I'm here in New York by myself. It's been a really, really hard year. I won't go into it all because it's a hell of a long story, hahaha.

I'm a math teacher although I don't have a job at the moment being in between countries. I have my teaching certification in both countries so I am planning to look for a teaching job once I get back to New Zealand again.

My life is in flux right now so what I did was pick the only thing I could control and work on that. Yay for self improvement?

I'm a singer. I have sung at the United Nations as a solo vocalist and I do all types of performances although my horrible lack of confidence has let my talent slide in recent years. I'm working on getting all that back. One thing at a time, right?

I played softball all through college and was even on various travel teams. My team made the nationals tournament a couple years in a row and it was the most amazing experience. I was pretty damn good. I was a pitcher. I let all that go too. Gained almost 100 pounds after I stopped playing.

I'm getting my life back now.
    Almost halfway to my goal and I am a lot happier and more confident.

Nice to meet you all. :)
  • kerriBB37
    Options
    Ok, girls, how do you resist cravings? Let's hear it. People are ALWAYS bringing treats in to my work. Some days I can resist and other days I can't. Particularly right before or during my period...like today. I totally gave in and ate a donut that I resisted all morning. I'm within my calories and but still feel yucky. It totally wasn't worth it and if anything I should have had half. Lately it seems like everyday I'm determined to eat clean all day and then I KEEP giving in.

Honestly, sometimes I look at it and think "I am better than you, you tasty treat!" and sometimes I take it, have a bite then toss the rest! If someone brought them in then I didn't pay for them, lol.
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    Honestly, sometimes I look at it and think "I am better than you, you tasty treat!" and sometimes I take it, have a bite then toss the rest! If someone brought them in then I didn't pay for them, lol.

Yeah, I definitely need to get in the habit of not thinking that I need to eat the whole thing.
  • sabell82
    sabell82 Posts: 43
    Options
    Real name; Sharon
    what your screenname means; nothing really, the number is my birth year :)
    your dreams&goals; I want to own my own business, I just recently went public with my cupcake business (I know, horrible business to do when you're trying to lose weight, but I'm good at it and I don't really eat more than tasting to make sure it's good), raise a good family, be with my husband till the end, be proud of myself and confident in my body
    where you're from; Arizona
    what you do; I work in finance at a local university and I also own my own SMALL business
    what you love to do for fun; bake, craft, hang out with family, travel, yoga
    what your favorite NFL team is: KC Chiefs!!!

My husband and I have been together for 8 years now and met in high school, although we did not like each other at all....until we met back up 3-4 after high school! We had a baby boy, Silas (Sy-las) last August, one day after my birthday! My water broke when we got home from dinner and got read yo eat my ice cream....never got to eat it, I tried to convince my husband we had time! I have a Bach in Accounting, a Masters in Management and working on my Masters in Accounting. I hate Accounting...so sad that I have the degrees for it, lol.

Anyhow, all for now! I look forward to seeing everyone's progress!!
  • nakitadawn1212
    nakitadawn1212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    HOWDY girls!!! I am so excited about this challenge!! Just by reading your forums, I really think we can all learn SOO much from each other. Thank you Kerri for setting this up and being such an inspiration and motivator throughout our journey!!

About me: My real name is Tash Shilling and I am from a small town in Barnesville, Ohio. I am currently in my 3rd year teaching at Barnesville Middle School. I teach 5th math, pre-algebra, and algebra to 7/8 graders. My day is hectic, but I LOVE my job. I have always wanted to be a teacher and I am almost finsihed with my master's in school guidance counseling. I am married to my college sweetheart we have been married for almost 2 years and together for going on 7 years. We have two labrador retrievers, Sadie and Shelby. We live on a 12-acre ranch just outside of town. We have been trying to have kids from going on 11 months and have not been lucky yet =(

Motivation: My biggest motivator for staying in shape is my heart. I had open-heart surgery when I was 5 and I was told in 5th grade I would not be able to play sports, but I proved them wrong. My Dr. cleared me and I started my journey playing softball and volleyball. I have been active my whole life. 4 years ago my cardiologist said my right ventricle was enlarged, so I decided to start being even more active. I started running and lifting during college and right after I got married, I ran my first 5k! My doctors couldn't believe it because my ventricle has not gotten any larger in 4 years. Thank the Lord! My other motivator is my hubby. He is pretty active and I still want to look hot for him lol.

Hobbies: Softball, volleyball, drawing, singing country music (you can hear me sing on you tube lol search for Natasha Skinner), gardening, hiking, running, riding 4-wheelers, hunting, fishing, spending time with friends and family, starting to play guitar, and relaxing. Watching the Pittsburgh Steelers, BUCKEYES, and the REDs!! OH-IO

Goals: Get tone!! I don't have much weight to lose maybe 5-8 lbs, but I really want to get ripped! We are going to the beach in June and I want to look awesome in my new two-piece and I want ABS (that is my problem area) and tone my booty! I want to maintain my weight and do something active every day!!

~~ I wish every one the best of luck and if I can help any one out, don't hesitate to ask on here or message me~~~
    Something to think about :
    "Before we can change something about ourselves we MUST prepare ourselves mentally and think that WE CAN. You must know yourself before you can help yourself. Identify your personal strength and use your strengths to change your weaknesses." ;)
  • jjeckels
    jjeckels Posts: 57
    Options

Yeah, I definitely need to get in the habit of not thinking that I need to eat the whole thing.

Whenever I'm tempted I imagine the temptation tasting like vomit...works every time...!!! :sick:
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options

This was a huge downfall for me. I didn't have much will power when it came to things people would bring to work. I would try to split it with someone (depending on what it was) or wait as long as possible and hope they are all gone when I finally cave! That is one of the positive things about not working :-)
  • LurayneMarie
    Options

I'm in!

Excellent! Sounds good to me!! haha:laugh: I'll rally the leprechaun's for your arrival!
  • LurayneMarie
    Options

Whenever I'm tempted I imagine the temptation tasting like vomit...works every time...!!! :sick:

In college I got a weightloss book kind of like a journal that you could write in and it also gave you tips on how to lose weight. One of the tips it gave for resisting temptation of your favorite food was to imagine it was covered in maggots! At the time I was obsessed with curries and chinese takeaway so it was pretty easy to imagine the rice turning into maggots and I soon got over my cravings....but it only seemed to work for chinese food! I cant really imagine some yummy chocolate fudge desert covered in maggots...I would seriously brush the maggots off and still eat it!:laugh:

When it comes to resisting temptation now though it really depends on what frame of mind Im in. If Im having a good day and Im feeling good about myself then I would do the same as Kerri and talk to myself in my head and tell myself I dont need it and Im only going to be depressed afterwards if I eat it. But if Im having a bad day or Im just lacking in motivation and so on then you better keep anything nice and yummy well out of my way or it will be devoured!

I can be the most disciplined person ever one day and I can be walked all over the next :cry: