*closed group* Flab to Fab 3 Month Challenge!

Options

Replies

• nakitadawn1212
    nakitadawn1212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    [
    One exciting thing about my life that I wasn't going to share on MFP yet is...I'm GETTING MARRIED! I just got engaged Tuesday night...yes, 2 days ago!!! We're planning a June 2012 wedding so that's even more motivation to keep on pushing!!!

CONGRATS GIRL!!!
  • nakitadawn1212
    nakitadawn1212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    [
    One exciting thing about my life that I wasn't going to share on MFP yet is...I'm GETTING MARRIED! I just got engaged Tuesday night...yes, 2 days ago!!! We're planning a June 2012 wedding so that's even more motivation to keep on pushing!!!

CONGRATS Andrea....SO EXCITING!![
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    "Before we can change something about ourselves we MUST prepare ourselves mentally and think that WE CAN. You must know yourself before you can help yourself. Identify your personal strength and use your strengths to change your weaknesses." ;)

I believe this is true but I'm still trying to learn how to do that!
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ok, girls, how do you resist cravings? Let's hear it. People are ALWAYS bringing treats in to my work. Some days I can resist and other days I can't. Particularly right before or during my period...like today. I totally gave in and ate a donut that I resisted all morning. I'm within my calories and but still feel yucky. It totally wasn't worth it and if anything I should have had half. Lately it seems like everyday I'm determined to eat clean all day and then I KEEP giving in.

I don't have a solid plan either. On strong days I can totally pass by the candy while checking out at the grocery store, but like today I had Coconut M&M's snatched up, told myself I would eat half the bag today and half tomorrow. Yeah, didn't happen. For me personally, if I could figure out how to portion control and just eat a few and not the whole bag, I wouldn't feel bad about it at all. Especially since most days I work out. But I can't portion control.

Guilty confession right here: My last period (first period in the last year, it kicked my butt) I ate an entire bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs over the course of one day. UGH I felt so gross that night!
  • kacylaine
    kacylaine Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    That is right. On May 17th I will turn 30! I am probably the only person I know who is stoked to turn 30. I love life and look at each birthday as a blessing. After all it is another year you have lived!

I too will be turning 30 this year...not long after you...my birthday is June 23! My fiance and I are hopefully planning a trip to Vegas as a celebration...but with all the planning that will be taking place...we may just celebrate here in MI with family and friends...either way... I too am CELEBRATING turning 30 :))

I can't WAIT for my birthday...June 18th. Woo-hoo! 30th in Vegas baby! :)

And NKOTBSB on the 16th! WOOHOO! :-)

NKOTBSB!!!! LUCKY!
  • bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    We would have a lot of fun if you came dear!! =) Maybe we can all come to IRELAND!! weeeeeeeeeeeeee yipeeeeee!

I'm in!

I'll be on the next flight to Ireland too...! ; )
  • bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Ok, girls, how do you resist cravings? Let's hear it. People are ALWAYS bringing treats in to my work. Some days I can resist and other days I can't. Particularly right before or during my period...like today. I totally gave in and ate a donut that I resisted all morning. I'm within my calories and but still feel yucky. It totally wasn't worth it and if anything I should have had half. Lately it seems like everyday I'm determined to eat clean all day and then I KEEP giving in.

It depends for me...Doctors and my other coworkers are constantly bringing in psatries, donuts, cookies, cakes, pizza, wings...ahhh! For me, once I start eating, I won't stop; I am terrible at moderation!! I also remember that I have to log everything, and that stupid, yummy brownie is going to make me weigh more, and feel worse, not make me lighter, and feeling better...
    But, the other day, I split something in half, logged it, and was done. Or sometimes I'll bring in a piece of dark chocolate from home, so when everyone else is eating junk, I'll eat that...

girl, it so sooooo hard!!
  • DianaM1020
    DianaM1020 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    WOW you all are writing so much!!! I hope I will have some free time between work and grad school this weekend/week to read all of them!!!

Thanks everyone for being so involved!
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    April 1- 170.8

Not too sure about this weight. I weighed myself on Tuesday and I was 175 (after a mini vacation) so according to my scale I have lost 4.2 lbs in 4 days. I know I was retaining water from traveling and eating tons of sodium filled wonderfully delicious mexican cuisine but I didn't think it would be that much. Either way, I will take it. Hopefully I will be back into the 160's next week. If I hit the 160's next week it will be the first time in over 2 years.

My mini challenge for this week
    1) burn 2300 cals (Fri through Th)
    2) Run 12 miles total (Fri through Th)
    3) Stay under on sodium
    4) Consume 72+ oz of water
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Just to let everyone know, I plan on sending out an Excel spreadsheet via EMAIL sometime tomorrow after I collect everyone's data. I also will include a brief "plan" for the upcoming week. I have some basic physical challenges for us to do, record, and hang on to until next month. Nothing too fancy so don't be worried as it is only week one!! If you'd like to use this forum to post your "plan" for the week that would be great! See drcarrier's post above this one. This is something some of us did in our last challenge. It works for some! I think Tash and I have some ideas on how to write it up so that it's about the same for everyone so look for that on the forum over the next day or so. Happy Friday =)
  • DianaM1020
    DianaM1020 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Happy April 1st everyone!

I'm starting this challenge weighing it at 137.0. I want to stay around that, not going over 138, with a goal weight of 135.

Thanks everyone!
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    I just need to share this with some supportive people...Last night while shopping at Target ( LOVE).....I did something.....I bought a YELLOW BIKINI........now, before I get too excited, I probably wouldnt feel comfy strutting on the beach this very moment in it...But i'm going to hang in my room....and by the end of the challenge, I want to wear it, at least once....even if it is at a private pool with just myself and my boyfriend...a BIKINI......I've NEVER owned one....NEVER...haha, I cant explain to you how excited I am.... I tried it on, and it really, doesnt look THAT BAD right now...My mom was so excited for me last night she started crying, and said..honey, it's a bikini....a BIKINI...look how far youve come!!! :)

**Just wanted to share with you, b/c I am still riding on the high from buying it!!! It's BRIGHT YELLOW!! and SO cute :)
  • sabell82
    sabell82 Posts: 43
    Options

This was a huge downfall for me. I didn't have much will power when it came to things people would bring to work. I would try to split it with someone (depending on what it was) or wait as long as possible and hope they are all gone when I finally cave! That is one of the positive things about not working :-)

Sometimes I will give in but if I do, I walk the stairs at work. There is a door to the stairs right behind my desk and it's a 10 story building so, no excuses when I do give in :) And I'm usually the one bringing in treats so.... LOL
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Happy first of April everyone! It's the start of getting rid of the flab....and I'm going to do it....with all of your support.

Today is a big day of sitting at my desk and not getting out for lunch, and I don't know what time I'll get home. Hopefully I'll get some work out done, if not, I'll wait until my 9:45am class tomorrow, Step Jazzercise.

Have a great day!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I just need to share this with some supportive people...Last night while shopping at Target ( LOVE).....I did something.....I bought a YELLOW BIKINI........now, before I get too excited, I probably wouldnt feel comfy strutting on the beach this very moment in it...But i'm going to hang in my room....and by the end of the challenge, I want to wear it, at least once....even if it is at a private pool with just myself and my boyfriend...a BIKINI......I've NEVER owned one....NEVER...haha, I cant explain to you how excited I am.... I tried it on, and it really, doesnt look THAT BAD right now...My mom was so excited for me last night she started crying, and said..honey, it's a bikini....a BIKINI...look how far youve come!!! :)

**Just wanted to share with you, b/c I am still riding on the high from buying it!!! It's BRIGHT YELLOW!! and SO cute :)

Your mom sounds like such a dear!! =) SO happy for you Fel!! You'll get there and rock it at a pool with other peeps, unless you're in a private bungalow with a walkout pool! We can dream, huh?
  • mixmastermolly
    Options

Good for you! You must feel ecstatic!

I loved this bikini I had from J Crew as a teenager. I wore that thing for summers. Now I doubt I'd ever get in a bikini again given that I have tons of stretch marks and saggy skin from pregnancy, child birth, and ballooning weight gain. BUT....I still hope to feel incredibly great in a tankini and bottoms someday!
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options

I bought a white and turquoise striped bikini to hang for inspiration. I have pics of me in it....and let me say...that is some good motivation! LOL.
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    haha OOH even better idea to take a picture of myself in it!!! , so i know where I started and where I'll be at the end of the challenge! :)
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    I have a new motivator. The social worker for the middle school in the district where I work has a support group once a week for girls who may be struggling with self esteem or have difficult home lives. I asked her if I could volunteer to participate in the support group but it runs from 2:45-3:45 and I don't get off work until 4. My boss said that I can skip lunch once a week and go to the middle school to participate in the group. It won't start until October but I'm hoping to remind myself that I NEED to be as confident as ever to be a positive example of a strong, indepdent, confident, and ambitious female. This means I need to get healthy physically and emotionally so that I can be the best example to them. I don't want to just offer support and advice but I want to believe the support and advice that I give them and apply it to my own life. Some of the ladies that I work with aren't the nicest so if they complain to the union they may say that I can't leave work for that....but I'm thinking positive and I'm going to try to use it to work toward my goal.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I have a new motivator. The social worker for the middle school in the district where I work has a support group once a week for girls who may be struggling with self esteem or have difficult home lives. I asked her if I could volunteer to participate in the support group but it runs from 2:45-3:45 and I don't get off work until 4. My boss said that I can skip lunch once a week and go to the middle school to participate in the group. It won't start until October but I'm hoping to remind myself that I NEED to be as confident as ever to be a positive example of a strong, indepdent, confident, and ambitious female. This means I need to get healthy physically and emotionally so that I can be the best example to them. I don't want to just offer support and advice but I want to believe the support and advice that I give them and apply it to my own life. Some of the ladies that I work with aren't the nicest so if they complain to the union they may say that I can't leave work for that....but I'm thinking positive and I'm going to try to use it to work toward my goal.

That is an awesome program! It is a great motivater as well. I work with high school and middle school kids and they are so incredibly impressionable. Setting a good example is the best way for them learn. Good luck. I hope it all works out with your work place.