Before MFP...name a bad food habit you'd like to admit...

Options
irishgal44
irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
I had some horrible food habits before joining MFP. It's time to confess...

I remember I would get a big order of french fries and then squirt about 3-4 tablespoons worth of ketchup next to them. Pour (about 1/2 tsp) SALT into my ketchup and then massivly sprinkle it on top of the fries and eat. When I'd get low on my ketchup, I'd resalt (being most of the salt was on the top part of the ketchup). :noway: Never again and WOW.

I would also eat 1/2 a container of top the tator sour cream with about 1/4 a giant bag of Lay's potato chips in one setting. OMG. My husband would eat the other half with me. Then we would go to bed soon after.

Come on people...this is a confession thread...confess away... :devil:

Replies

• stred321
    stred321 Posts: 48
    Options
    I once ate TWO MacDonalds Big Tasty's in one day....ugh.
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    When we would watch a movie my fiance and I would eat an entire gallon of ice cream together....gross. It gives me the shivers now.:frown:
  • Tiana405
    Tiana405 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    i used to eat all my fries with mayo and as a kid, i was caught eating sticks of butter. ack! :sick: if it were healthy AND socially acceptable.... i'd have a jar of mayo in one hand and a tub of butter with sugar in the other. EEK!

*i don't ever wonder how i gained weight.... i know very well.* :blushing:
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! Soda! I used to drink so much of that stuff. Now I stick to water, tea, and milk(:
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Tostitos Queso! Granted I was pregnant at the time, but my boyfriend and I used to sit down and eat an entire jar- and usually go to bed right after just like you guys! Soda also... I didn't drink it for years, and then started drinking it again. I didn't have any for about 2 weeks and then had a bit last weekend- but I am much more conscious about drinking it, and frankly don't want anyone to see it in my food diary, so I try not to have any.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I work first shift and my husband works 2nd shift, so the only time we see eachother is on my lunchbreak. We were eating out every single day (at least during the week). Fast food was definitely my number one bad habit! Also, I could eat and entire bag of Ruffles potato chips and a whole container of chip dip in one sitting.
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    BUTTTTEEEEERRRRRR! I would go to Panera and use atleast 8 things of butter on my sticky bun, have potato soup, sandwich and another 4 things of butter on my roll. I LOVE BUTTER!!!
  • mpatternmaker
    mpatternmaker Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oh, god, can't believe I'm admitting this.......
    I ate spoonfuls of peanutbutter with sugar, yes, sugar on top, kind of a 50/50 mix, ugh!
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Oh at MAYO! At Blimpies I would get mayo as a dressing for my salad.
  • iDreamNEON
    iDreamNEON Posts: 112
    Options
    I could drink a whole 2 liter of pepsi in a day (sometimes two) AND I could eat an entire digiornio pizza by myself
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    frozen jeno's pizzas! I always add extra cheese (they never have enough) and cook till it's brown on top! Sometimes I could eat the whole thing!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while (think every couple of months) Sunday breakfast consisted of a couple of pancakes and a full pound of bacon; split between myself and husband, but still...
  • suzumichan
    suzumichan Posts: 127
    Options
    I use to eat 20 buffalo wings from buffalo wild wings and then two orders of fries with cheese on them. I'm slowly cutting down on my food size and eating better but I still get those 900 meal lunches:embarassed:

That or get a healthy choice lunch that's steam-able for work and pour half a bottle of soy sauce on it.:embarassed:
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! Soda! I used to drink so much of that stuff. Now I stick to water, tea, and milk(:

Ahhh, soda....yet another one of my downfalls. I would have at least 32 oz of fountain mountain dew a day. I actually had a glass of fountain mountain dew at my niece's birthday party a couple weeks ago and I didn't even enjoy it (yay)...still love dr. pepper though, lol
  • clw_888
    clw_888 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am a sugar addict so my guilty pleasure would be several scoops of icecream with either 3-4 oreos crushed on top or 2-3 fresh baked chocolate chip cookies crumbled on top. And....to top it off I would add about a 1/2 cup of hot fudge to all of that. Yummy but look where all of that got me!
  • BrendaBlis
    BrendaBlis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Cake, sheet cakes we would get for the kids birthday parties. I would have left overs for breakfast, lunch and supper, until it was gone! :blushing:
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    ranch dressing! I would put it on everything - french fries, pizza, baked potatoes ugh so unnecessary!

Another one is candy! My boyfriend would buy huge bags of candy on Sunday and when he left on Monday he would leave it all for me! And me having no self control would just sit there and eat and eat and eat. ugh so unhealthy!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    pringles and chapmans black jack cherry frozen yogurt, I would sit down and eat an entire stack of pringles then eat a bowl of the frozen yogurt. Nowadays no pringles and on very rare occasions a 1/2 cup serving of the yogurt.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i cant believe the PORTIONS of things that I ate...nothing bad in general just HUGE (i'm talking 300 lb linebacker) portions! *Gag*
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I love Salt & Vinegar chips...Tom's Brand....I could eat like 3 bags in a day...or until my tongue was raw...YUM!!