Before MFP...name a bad food habit you'd like to admit...

Options

Replies

• shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Oh, god, can't believe I'm admitting this.......
    I ate spoonfuls of peanutbutter with sugar, yes, sugar on top, kind of a 50/50 mix, ugh!

My sister used to do that too! I never found the appeal.

I would eat cereal...I could eat about 2 or 3 huge bowls at a time, and like the worst cereal ever!
  • amarie36
    amarie36 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Three layer...homemade red velvet cake from scratch! I only make them twice a year...but I would always end up eating the entire cake by myself....SMH
  • trish1960
    trish1960 Posts: 39
    Options
    Ice cream, ribs, bacon - just a few of my favorites that I miss. Oh yeah - Golden Corral all you can eat!
  • jrreed1
    jrreed1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    2 large whole milk, with whipped cream mochas PER DAY. This change is a wallet saver!:happy:
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Phantom Calories (I learned that term here LOL!).

You name it, I could rationalize it. That one doughnut or candy bar isn't hurting anyone is it? Do that 5 times in a week and see what your net calories are. LOL!
  • irishrose22
    irishrose22 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Take out and eating out! That is the biggest change I have made. We hardly do it anymore, which is a good thing and a bad thing with 4 kids...lol. Also, Double decker peanutbutter & jelly sandwiches......I bet if i figured out the calories for that it would be well over 600.
  • Erica9903
    Erica9903 Posts: 156
    Options
    EEEeekkkkk!!!!!:embarassed: Mine was PIZZA like 3 or 4 times a week:(..... Did I really just admit that?!?!?!
  • janecl
    janecl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    There are several bad habits that got me where I was at, eating a whole bag of chocolate covered raisins, being able to eat a whole pizza, when we'd go to Texas Roadhouse or someplace that had the bread with honey butter, filling up on that or eating a pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream. My big problem has always been portion control of anything I liked.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I use to eat 20 buffalo wings from buffalo wild wings and then two orders of fries with cheese on them. I'm slowly cutting down on my food size and eating better but I still get those 900 meal lunches:embarassed:

That or get a healthy choice lunch that's steam-able for work and pour half a bottle of soy sauce on it.:embarassed:

I used to work at BWW...So I feel your BWW food pains.

Mine is also similar, I used to be able to eat 12 wings, plus a large chips and cheese (extra cheese), then usually follow it with an order of mozzarella sticks....dunked in spicy garlic...

Needless to say, no more...
  • bybybelly
    bybybelly Posts: 56
    Options
    I would eat lunch at one restaurant and on my way BACK to the office, stop at another restaurant to get a "snack"!

Also, I would go to Chipotle and eat an entire Veggie Burrito, loaded, plus a bag of chips and salsa! (Chips have 500 cals alone!)

Halloween time....I could eat about 15 fun size candy of any flavor!!!

Wow...there are so many more! I better stop now:noway:
  • Clinton1074
    Clinton1074 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I used to eat a fourth meal at 11:00 pm. I called it a snack, but if you counted the calories it was a meal. I would also supplement a combo meal at Wendy's with another dollar burger.
  • MrsWendyQ
    MrsWendyQ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    pizza...I could devour pizza...oooh and my very favorite...Neapolitan ice cream left to slightly melt in my bowl, then stirred and eaten w/ 1/2 a bag or deli style really salty, crunchy chips...and coca cola!
  • KcFitCoach
    KcFitCoach Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    NO portion control AT ALL with Pizza...oh, and diving into (almost literally) a bag of salt and vinegar kettle style chips (again with ZERO portion control).

I still really can't handle those foods well with portion control so I've kind of stayed away for the most part. I have been at kid events where pizza was only food and I didn't know about it ahead of time (or I would have eaten at home in advance) and I was good about just having one piece...BUT, when I make pizza for kids at home, I just don't even touch it. I don't love it THAT much to lose control with it.

My taste buds have REALLY become aware of salt now. I cannot stand things salty. But, again, still do NOT really trust myself with these foods!

The worst thing about going crazytown on salt and vinegar chips in the past...was that I used to literally eat so much at one sitting that my tongue would get really sore from the vinegar/salt...SICK!!!!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Ohhh... Wings from Syberg's and beer. The never ending bucket of both... Yummo...
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Energy Drinks! 3 or 4 a day, I probably had over 1200 calories a day just in energy drinks. I still have one ever now and then, but like one every few weeks, but I plan for it. Also lots of processed foods and take out because it was more convenient.
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Well! my life is one big food habit LOL for about four years, me and my fella would finish work at about midnight, eat a kebab in bed watching TV and then each eat a 250g bar of chocolate, within 15 minutes we would be asleep! Mentioning this is pretty disgusting! The room would stink of kebab breath in the morning :embarassed:
    Very often I would get up on my days off and go clothes shopping, realise i hadnt had breakfast and go buy a cheeseburger happy meal :-D Then eat at the Toby Cavery with my fella for lunch ... then by midnight i would be hungry again and have either a kebab / indian / chinese take away! So basically eating fast food 3x a day LOL! Not to mention my snacks in between! Chocolate, chocolate and even more chocolate! HAHAHA come to think of it .... I'm surprised i dont weigh more :embarassed:
  • HalfofHilary
    Options
    Watching Biggest loser eating a Large bag of doritos dipped into French onion Dip. Mind you, the entire bag and the entire jar.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Watching Biggest loser eating a Large bag of doritos dipped into French onion Dip. Mind you, the entire bag and the entire jar.

lol...me too! I always ate pizza rolls during Biggest Loser!

My other Bad habit....Mac n Cheese.....the whole box for myself!
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Wow, this thread really took off....glad I created it. Have to say, I created it for some fun, but also for us to see how far we have come!! And it's fun to see the "I used to" and "I can't believe I did that" comments. No one says "I still do it". We are all appauled by our old eating habits. Look how far we have come!! So very proud of all of us. We rock!! :tongue: :tongue: :happy:
  • CorydonCutie
    CorydonCutie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I love soft drinks and candy. I gave up soft drinks really easy because I was drinking diet, however candy is another story. I did really well for the first 2 and a half months then all the Easter candy started filling the shelves and my addiction to Starburst jellybeans resurfaced. I also have a passion for gummy bears and things like Bottlecaps, Smarties and Sweet Tarts. YUM.