Options
tlp8rb
tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
Welcome to April!:love:

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Just bumping to get it in my topic. Thanks connie for getting us started for april
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :glasses: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Bump~~~~Bump:heart::heart: :heart:
  • judz46
    judz46 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - hopefully I'm allowed to log in here as it's already 1st April - thought I would catch Jake out this morning and tell him it was 8am and he was late for school but he was already up and dressed by 7am...still quite dark at that hour of the morning so I'll be quite glad when daylight saving finishes tomorrow...we are having lovely weather again now so will get out in my garden and enjoy the sunshine....will catch you all later.

The Italian Secret to a Long Marriage
    At St. Peter's Catholic Church in Boston, they have weekly husband's marriage seminars.

At the session last week, the priest asked Giuseppe, who said he was approaching his 50th wedding anniversary, to take a few minutes and share some insight into how he had managed to stay married to the same woman all these years.

Giuseppe replied to the assembled husbands, 'Wella, I'va tried to treat her nicea, spenda da money on her, but besta of all is, I tooka her to Italy for the 25th anniversary!'

The priest responded, 'Giuseppe, you are an amazing inspiration to all the husbands here! Please tell us what you are planning for your wife for your 50th anniversary?'

Giuseppe proudly replied, "I'ma gonna go pick her up."
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Bless you , Connie; but I'll finish posting in March tonight!
    Ya done real good with your undies, my dear! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Buzz
  • lyn54
    Options
    For Jackie and ALL of Us

I think that I shall never see
    A poem lovely as a tree.
    A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
    Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;
    A tree that looks at God all day,
    And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
    A tree that may in Summer wear
    A nest of robins in her hair;
    Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
    Who intimately lives with rain.
    Poems are made by fools like me,
    But only God can make a tree.

-- Joyce Kilmer
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    hi everyone - happy April! just getting a spot here - i did the zumba class - really liked it, just don't now if my feet and knees can handle it. gonna try again next week though!

have a great night

l, e
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    smiley-bounce016.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: did you think we'd really wait until April to post on this page :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Jake45
    Jake45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I found this and I don't want to lose it :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :heart: Cute Barbie!!! :heart:

i will post this month Birthday now before it get to page 2 If anyone else has a birthday in April lets us know so we can add it to this.

Lynn......April 4
    Barbs----April 6, 1954
    Dee (Grandee) - April 8, 1947
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

LOOK 3 in one week. Big celebration !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,059 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Hi from Tucson :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Don't ask about calories.........but I did go to the pool and swim so that counts for something. The time difference messed me up as far as posting calories for Thursday but I guarantee I was over anyway. :sad: I am not going to worry about anything since we are having such a good time, my son is coming with his girl from Phoenix on Saturday and will spend the weekend with us. My granddaughter is waiting for my laptop so just wanted to pop in and say hi!! Thanks Connie for starting the new thread.

Talk to you soon.
  • tlp8rb
    Options
    On April Fools Day, a mother put a fire cracker under the pancakes. She blew her stack.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Have we got two April threads going? Just posted this on another so I'll repeat myself ~

Good morning Sneakers. I'll start by saying that none of us is an April Fool because we are all walking the walk and doing something about our fitness and weight issues . I'm not sure I'd have had such a good March if I hadn't found you lot but once I read everyone's posts I couldn't help but be inspired, AND we have a good laugh along the way which is brilliant. I weighed in this morning to discover another pound has quietly slipped away so there's my motivation for April. More of the same for me and that's walking, swimming, gardening and laughing.

Natalie ~ You hang in there. I went through a similar start with my weight, in fact I even gained a pound at one point. It's taken 5 weeks for things to settle down and I'm now averaging a pound loss a week. My initial intention was to lose 2 lbs a month so am delighted with the current progress. I'll quote the great advice given to me on this thread to stop being fixated with weigh scales and only get on them once a month. You'll know instinctively when your body begins to go in the right direction.

A healthy April to everyone.

Jackie

PS

Lynn ~ That was the poem, well done for finding it.

Barbie ~ Loved your Spring has sprung, that was very funny. I remember an old Victorian picture hanging on the wall of my brothers bedroom of two birds sitting in a tree. A little poem underneath read

Said the robin to the sparrow
    I should really like to know
    why those anxious human beings
    rush about and worry so.
    Said the sparrow to the robin
    friend I think that it must be
    that they have no Heavenly father
    such as cares for you and me

Funny how these things stick in your mind!!

Marie ~ You give your hubby the biggest kiss you want, especially after that recommended cocktail!:laugh:

elli ~ My swimming buddy has tried to get me to a zumba session but her work schedule then got in the way. Is it more energetic than line dancing? That used to get my knees aching.
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Irish.jpg

my Irish has come and gone except my bearded Irish they always bloom later, we have had such a dry year they may not b;oom this year.
    But thats not the only thing that came and gone. I lost 3.3 lbs this month. Now if I can do that every month in aabout a year I should have about 40 lbs off. Not bad for an old kid with congested heart failure. who retain water like a sponge. So off to a new month now . for the next 2 weeks I will weigh then. I will cut out all bread and fruit. all starches veggies. Wish me luck. Concgrats on all of your loses too. we can do it.For we are really off with a bang. As Connie said." Momma bleew her stack"

:flowerforyou.........: Sandy good hearing from you from Arizona....... Bryanna is so lucky to have a granmother like you to pal around with, Enjoy your time with you son.......... Alot of Bumping going on here yesterday. That off to have help on our weight loss

:flowerforyou: remember if you have a birthday this month let us know. We have a big week coming up ..............3 Birthday in one week. Happy Birthday you S

neakers/ Thank Dee for posting yours. ....I want to know how you did that?

:flowerforyou: Good morning to all.Gayla,,,..,Judy...... Phoebe......Barbiecat . Jake.....Lynn.....Maddie.......Pam.....Barbs .........JO An .......Gigi........Buzz......
    amasaota.....Birdie......Eli....Marlyn.....Shirley,.....Ma :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: e:flowerforyou: A flower froe each of you

A special :flowerforyou: for Irene and Xyla wishin you both a speedy recover, Missed you guys.

:flowerforyou: Jackie I wwill give Jerry a great big hug and a igest kiss I can. I love that guy.:
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Marie: Throw that man of yours down and plant a big wet one on him....that will speed up his recovery for sure !! :blushing: And congrats on your loss...that plan is working, keep going :drinker:

Connie: What an inspiration !!! I have at least 3 different sizes in my closet and I hope to get to each one of them..:tongue:

Jake & Barbie: How fabulous to hear a man refer to his wife like that! You hit the husband jackpot and you are both such an inspiration. :bigsmile:

Since there are already so many good jokes today, I'll skip mine. I lost the other lb that I had gained during my short binge. That's over and I'm movin' on. Not upwards and onwards....downwards and onwards...:happy:

I would like to hear about what everyone is doing to get fit and lose weight. What's going on in that area? Is anyone having a problem? Please share and inspire :flowerforyou:

Just a note from Jillian Michaels:
    JILLIAN'S TIP OF THE DAY

Where's the Cardio?
    It's a common misconception that the secret to weight loss is to do endless cardio. Don't get me wrong, cardio has its place — but by far the most effective form of exercise is a regimen that combines cardio with strength training. Strength training burns intramuscular fat and helps you maintain metabolism-boosting, calorie-burning lean muscle. Focus on circuit training, and think of cardio as "extra credit" toward weight loss.

Maddie
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    good morning and happy April AND happy Friday!!!!!!!:bigsmile:

PINK - i've never done Line Dance so i don't know how to compare Zumba to it. Zumba was WAY fun. A little hard on the knees and feet but i'm definitely going to try it again next week. I think i'll be all right if i stick to once a week - that will break up my gym routine as well which is getting ohso boring. Plus i did Jillian's yoga meltdown this morning.

SANDY - yay! :flowerforyou: I'm so glad you're not worrying and just having fun! There will be plenty of time to get back on track when you get home. You're not going to be in AZ forever. Plus i think swimming, especially when you don't do it all the time is really going to help! Enjoy your son and his g/f!

MARIE - you are doing AWESOME! This diet is really working for you! Thank you for reminding us of all the birthdays!

hi to everyone else - hope you're all going to have a great weekend! ttyl!

l, e
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: Bump
  • tlp8rb
    Options
    Have we got two April threads going? Just posted this on another so I'll repeat myself ~

I did a search for Senior Golden Sneakers - April and only came up with this one, and one for April, 2010. Did anyone else on the thread start an April 2011 thread too???

I laughed out loud when I opened my browser today and Google's home page came up. No fancy graphics, no colorful logos, just their announcement that you will now be able to use their gmail service with body movements. If you watch the tutorial, it soon becomes apparent that the folks at Google are having their own little April Fool's joke!
  • lyn54
    Options
    Well...Happy April Fool's Day!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    I can't play a joke on you but I can post a joke....

The weather was very hot and this man wanted desperately to take a dive in a nearby lake. He didn't bring his swimming outfit, but who cared? He was all alone. So he undressed and got into the water.

After some delightful minutes of cool swimming, a pair of old ladies walked onto the shore in his direction.

He panicked, got out of the water and grabbed a bucket lying in the sand nearby. He held the bucket in front of his private parts and sighed with relief.

The ladies got nearby and looked at him. He felt awkward and wanted to move. Then one of the ladies said: 'You know , I have a special gift, I can read minds.'

'Impossible', said the embarrassed man, 'You really know what I think?'

'Yes', the lady replied, 'Right now, I bet you think that the bucket you're holding has a bottom.'

Now that would be an April Fools Joke to play on someone:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I did a search for Senior Golden Sneakers - April and only came up with this one, and one for April, 2010. Did anyone else on the thread start an April 2011 thread too???

[/quote]

Take no notice Connie. I was having what we call a senior moment and went to the wrong thread!!:embarassed: :embarassed: