Senior Golden Sneakers -April 2011

Options

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,122 Member
    Options
    Sandy I have a question who all see the message on face book. For example when My brother post someting do all of my friends see it.? or just his friendsI list.

Where is our Maddie?

Just his friends see what he posts Marie, unless he posts something on your post, then your friends can see his post. Understand?
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies ~ Just been reading though all your posts and loving this community. Had a delightful walk with friends yesterday morning high on the moors with the most stunning views but kicked myself that I hadn't taken a camera. We could see for miles and pick out all the ponies, sheep and walkers way off in the distance. Apart from yet more pottering in the garden this afternoon I've not been very active but plan to swim tomorrow so the exercising continues.

Marie ~ Your roses are gorgeous and such a beautiful colour. Wish I could grow them easily here but the damp air we often experience gives them rust so I only have a couple of shrubs.
    Good to hear your computer has been put in its place by Alice!! It's so frustrating when they go off doing their own thing.
    You did make me smile when you mentioned getting involved in Dirty Dancing :happy: A bit more energetic than Simply Red!!
    How's Jerry getting on now he's into his third week? He's still in my thoughts and prayers.
    My bees live at the end of my garden in what I call my "wild bottom", a name that makes people smile but I can't think why!!! They were supposed to help me by pollinating the flowers on vegetables I grow on a patch close by but seem to prefer to fly off across the fields in the opposite direction. When the Rosemary shrub is flowering near the cottage they do a U-turn for a few weeks and buzz around enjoying the pollen. Hopefully we will get some honey late summertime but it will depend on the weather this year and how strong the colony grows. The biggest job is persuading them not to swarm which they can do if they feel crowded in their house.

Maddie ~ Do look after yourself and take the advice of so many friends on here. Don't hesitate to call for medical assistance if things don't improve.

Phoebe ~ I hope your Rhodies have survived too. My Smelly George's leaves looked ready to drop off when our weather was so cold but soon sat up when the sun warmed up.

Sandy ~ It might sound like I have a ton of energy but believe me I sometimes have to give myself a kick-start to get going and after a day of walks, swimming or gardening struggle to get out of a chair without ooh'ing and arr'ing!!

Xyla ~ Do take things steady. Do as the doctors recommended and start off slow but sure. I think a little bleeding is sometimes to be expected but don't ignore it if it increases. But then you know all that don't you.:bigsmile:

Irene ~ It's so good to read a post from you and learn you are surviving the clinical trial. Sugar levels flying all over the place can't be pleasant and I'm sending prayers out for you too.:heart:

Barbie ~ Who'd have thought our weather could be similar to northern California?:laugh: I'm sure it's just a blip because we are about to loose our warm winds from the south. They are even threatening snow for Scotland but I'm at the other end of the country so will hopefully not see any more of the white stuff until next winter.

Time to go and cook supper so I will wish everyone here best wishes to enjoy the rest of your day.

Jackie
  • judz46
    judz46 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - sorry left out half of the joke yesterday...brekkie time here so will pop back later.

>> A Catholic friend sent this to
    >> me..........................
    >>
    >> Mother Superior was on her way to late morning prayers
    >> when she passed two novices just leaving early morning
    >> prayers on their way to classes.
    >>
    >> As she passed the young ladies, Mother Superior
    >> said, "Good morning ladies."
    >>
    >> The novices replied, "Good morning, Mother
    >> Superior, may God be with you."
    >>
    >> But after they had passed, Mother Superior heard
    >> one say to the other, "I think she got up on the
    >> wrong side of the bed this morning."
    >>
    >> This startled Mother Superior, but she chose not
    >> to pursue the issue.
    >>
    >> A little further down the hall, Mother Superior
    >> passed two of the sisters who had been teaching
    >> at the convent for several years.
    >>
    >> She greeted them with "Good morning Sister
    >> Martha, Sister Jessica, may God give you the
    >> wisdom for our students today."
    >>
    >> "Good morning, Mother Superior. Thank you and
    >> may God be with you."
    >>
    >> But again after passing, Mother Superior
    >> overheard, "She got up on the wrong side of the
    >> bed today."
    >>
    >> Baffled, she started to wonder if she had spoken
    >> harshly or with an irritated look on her face.
    >> She vowed to be more pleasant.
    >>
    >> Looking down the hall, Mother Superior saw
    >> retired Sister Mary approaching, step by step,
    >> with her walker. As Sister Mary was Rather
    >> deaf, Mother Superior had plenty of time to
    >> arrange a pleasant smile on her face before
    >> greeting Sister Mary.
    >>
    >> "Good morning, Sister Mary, I'm so happy to see
    >> you up and about. I pray God watches over you
    >> today, and grants you a wonderful day."
    >>
    >> "Ah, good morning, Mother Superior. I see you
    >> got up on the wrong side of the bed this
    >> morning."
    >>
    >> Mother Superior was floored! "Sister Mary, what
    >> have I done wrong?" I have tried to be pleasant
    >> but three times already today people have said
    >> that about me."
    >>
    >> Sister Mary stopped her walker and looked Mother
    Superior in the face.

"Oh, don't take it personally, Mother Superior.
    It's just that you're wearing Father Murphy's
    slippers."
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUDY. HA HA HA
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sandy I join MFP Dec. 2008 and founed the Sneakers then There was no Senior group at the time. That I could find.
    Marie Dec 2008 Its been a rollin coaster for me But you and Barbie , jeffey did every well.

Jeffrey Dec 2008
    phoebe Dec 2008
    Gayla Dec 2008

Sandy jan 2009
    Barbie Feb 2009
    Ellie Feb 2009-- I don't think Elli was posting on our thread that soon tho. But she might have

Barbs, birdie comes in somewhere and Jake. They will have to let us know.

I got these dates off of your posting. my eyes give out and I would have brought it up to our currant members. But this is the early bunch.
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Judy, you got me with that one!
  • judz46
    judz46 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hi Ma - just sent you a friend request on FB. see ya there
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks judy. You ask what kind of roses we have. All I know they are red roses.I do have a pink one but it is not in ull bloom yet i am saying I but Jerry is the rose man.

It is easier to post pictures on face book. I don't really used it to much just keep up with my family. But do look at it everyday.
    So I will be seeing you around there.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Sandy I join MFP Dec. 2008 and founed the Sneakers then There was no Senior group at the time. That I could find.
    Marie Dec 2008 Its been a rollin coaster for me But you and Barbie , jeffey did every well.

Jeffrey Dec 2008
    phoebe Dec 2008
    Gayla Dec 2008

Sandy jan 2009
    Barbie Feb 2009
    Ellie Feb 2009-- I don't think Elli was posting on our thread that soon tho. But she might have

Barbs, birdie comes in somewhere and Jake. They will have to let us know.

I got these dates off of your posting. my eyes give out and I would have brought it up to our currant members. But this is the early bunch.

Thanks Marie, I really couldn't remember when I started so it has been two years and a great journey. I hope to be with you for a long time even if I make my goal, you are now friends and I can't leave you. :heart:
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Just poppin in to let you know that I am still holding. I was very sick this morning and called my husband home from work. I think the meds are turning on me...I made another appt for my Dr Wed morning, she's not in tomorrow....Mom is still in the hospital. Apparently, there is bronchitis, water and a little pneumonia that they are working on. Rest of the family says that she looks better. I'm so tired and for the first time in a long time, I have no real appetite. I'm not gaining or losing. '

Buzz: My husband is making me eat some but I haven't felt like filling it in. Just hit it to show I was here.

Thanks for continuing to pray for us. This is a weird time.

Maddie :heart:
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Maddie, we feel so bad for you, would it be wise to maybe go to the emergency care since your doctor isn't available until Wednesday? It sounds like your mom is doing better but our concern is with you right now and wish we could be there to help you.
    I just think waiting until Wednesday is too long when you have been this sick for so long, but of course it is not my business to tell you what to do, just know that we are all concerned.

Love and hugs. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: (((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))) :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Mattie sorry you are not up to par. But glad your mom is looking better. Take care. And I didtto what Sandy said. .
  • oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Just a quick dash in! Went to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park today. I'll post photos tomorrow. To everyone who needs thoughts from my Angels I shall ask for help. Bless you all! Judi xx
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Just poppin in to let you know that I am still holding.

Maddie :heart:

So sorry you and your Mom are having such a bad time. Get well soon.
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Maddie, you were smart to call your husband to come home. Being short

of breath must be scary. I wish your doctor had said to come in now. No telling how you'll be doing by Wednesday.

Hi Judi, glad you had a good day. Hi Jeri
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    :frown: Maddie, it isn't about weight right now; see if your Dr has a replacement til she returns, and talk to that Dr. Otherwise, my choice would be either a really good Walk In Clinic, or an Emergency Room at you hospital. As Sandy says, we can't really decide for you, but I know lungs are nothing to fool around with!
    Will our NURSE please explain what the choices are with asthma? My DD would got to Emergency, I think!
    Please keep in touch, Maddie, 'cause we are worried aboutcha, kiddo! :frown: :cry:
    :love: Buzz
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hey Buz I made the stewed rhubard and strawerries t oday with a few drops of Lemen juice It was really good. Will have some in my oatmeal in the morning.Sure would like a big old bisquits to used it on top. With some whipped cream. but that is a no no. How did your day go? Fine here. The doctor told Jerry he was looking real good. I am glad to hear that.

:heart: MArie
  • LUV2CRUZ
    Options
    Just so you know...the breathing is a little better. Still going on Wed. There is a Dr available tomorrow but the last time I saw her, was right before I got my Stent. She told me my blood pressure was so high that I might stroke and then she sent me home.....she is a no go.......G'nite everyone...storms here.

Maddie
  • LUV2CRUZ
    Options
    Just so you know...the breathing is a little better. Still going on Wed. There is a Dr available tomorrow but the last time I saw her, was right before I got my Stent. She told me my blood pressure was so high that I might stroke and then she sent me home.....she is a no go.......G'nite everyone...storms here.

Maddie
  • gigi46
    gigi46 Posts: 196
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Another week started right went to the gym and worked very hard for a total of 1 1/2 hr, so good YEAH! :love: :love: :love: came home and started on laundry and cleaning, didn't stop until my husband came home for lunch by the way, he was called back to work for a few weeks.:angry::angry: :angry: , after sometime last night we were suppose to have terrible strom but went the other way:noway: :noway: :noway: I feel so sorry for all the people in Iowa & Wisconsin.

Judz - that joke was great one loved it.:heart::heart: :heart:

Phoebe - Hope you got some rest this weekend, trip to LA to deliver have a good one.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Irene - so HAPPY to hear from you :love: :love: :love: take care of yourself, prayers are coming your way.:love::love: :love:

Marie - So glad your son is coming, give him a BIG HUG for me and congratulations on loosing so much weight:happy: :happy:
    So glad Jeri is doing better.

Marilyn - tell your sister congratulation and please take care of yourself, you're working too many hours:noway: :noway: :noway:

Barbie - still masking 10,000 steps AWESOME:wink::wink: :wink: so happy to see posting, tell Jake we send our best.:heart::heart: :heart:

Marie - I almost forgot Where is Chaleggirl???????????

Xyla - How are you feeling - hoping you're better:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Judy - that joke was fantastic, I went to catholic school and my Mother Superior was so square I wish I could sent her that joke:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Maddie - So good to hear from you - sorry you're not feeling well, but I'm so concern for your health, please don't wait to go to the Dr. go ASAP Please, we need you and your family needs you even more.:heart::heart: :heart:

Sandy - I wanted to asked you before but with all the things and posting I keep forgetting, is the nail hardener worked for you
    :wink: :wink: :wink: has worked wonders for me.

Have a good evening everyone,

Gigi