Senior Golden Sneakers -April 2011

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hey Phoebe you said it not me. I left it unpluged last. nite did not do A thinkss for it The curser does show up when I first turn it on but will not moved. and then goes in his hiding place. So he is there just got to find his hiding place. Hope you are off to a good day.
    Maddie hope you Mom is better this morning.MY prayers are on their way this morning.

Also sending Irene a prayer too. I know there is someone else but cannot think of her now.

I wil probable not be on much today. on acct of this computer. But did want to dropped in and say hello to each of you. Have a greaat day.
    Sandy I beat you this morning!!
  • oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Another glorious day in the North of England too Jackie. OH is painting, (in one of his few decent t-shirts :angry: MEN!) And I took advantage of a few clouds to do 20 mins zumba.

My thoughts are with you re your mum Maddie.

Connie, we've just had the first series of Mrs Brown's boys! I think it's been going in Ireland for a while, and apparently the chap is well known in Scotland. I love it! It's daft slapstick with bad language, but oh does it make me laugh, and we all need a good laugh in these times. My favourite joke was Mrs Brown requesting ice in her drink , " the fresh stuff, not that frozen!"

I must work out how to put my real name as a signature on my posts.

I must be about the only person I know who could live without chocolate forever. It doesn't interest me really, tho OH gets chilli chocolate from Aldi when he can. I think someone goes in and snaffles them all! Red wine however is a different matter. We have to keep our arteries unfurred and the European Wine Lakes under control :wink:

I'm busy preparing for no 2 son and his partner coming on saturday. Fleur, (who is French) has requested "Toad in the hole" which is about as far away from low cal as you can get, so I'll have to cut down abit before and after. She wants to see puffins at Bempton,, www.rspb.org.uk/reserves/guide/b/bemptoncliffs/index.aspx , but I think we'll be abit early for them. In June and July they run Puffin cruises from Bridlington. I've always wanted to go on one. As the weather looks to stay fine we shall be going to the Yorkshire sculpture park , so I won't be around much till the middle of next week.

http://www.ysp.co.uk/

Everyone keep safe, and I'll pop back soon, Judi
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Oh thst is an easy one Judi Just click on communitythen you will see signature clilick on that a box will appears Just tyoe what you want t and click on save chaneges and it is on its way.
    If any problems just yelled and someone will be glad to help you.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,116 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!! :bigsmile: Good night at bingo last night, I won $300!! Not on bingo but on pull tabs, $150 each on two games. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Life is good and fun!!! :bigsmile:

Judi, just go to the headings on top and under signature add your name, simple as that. :tongue: Still loving your accent and way with words. :love: I don't think I could live without chocolate forever, but with giving up sweets and watching how many grams of sugar most things have, chocolate is not on my list. I try to eat nothing that has more than 10g of sugar or I feel guilty. I read somewhere on the computer a long time ago that if we cut down on sugar, 30 pounds can be lost in one year. Works for me. :blushing: Now if only my daughter in law would listen to me and watch her daughter's sugar. :explode:

Marie, I didn't jump right on the computer today so yes indeed you beat me. Sorry you are having computer problems, I wish I was closer to help you. You can try unplugging your mouse from your computer and plugging it back in but be sure to restart the computer if you do this. Kind of hard to help if I can't actually see the problem. :noway:

Jackie, I was ewwing and ahhing about those bees, I am terrified of them and spiders and mice and oh you get the idea. :laugh: I would love to see a picture of you in your bee suit, do you do this for the honey?:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Phoebe, I did catch up on my wash but I think I will pass on doing yours. :laugh:

Maddie, I hope this new day has brought good news about your mom. :heart: Prayers are still coming your way. :heart:

Jeri, sorry about your back, I went through that just a few months ago and it was awful. :noway:

Gigi, not sure if I welcomed you back, but hope you had a great time. :flowerforyou:

Marilyn, your son sounds like he is on track with your health problems and I would do as he suggests. Take it easy and don't over do. :flowerforyou:

Buzz, I record my food in quarters also if called for, everything is an estimate but as long as we are close I think that is all that matters. :blushing:

Kathy, I also wondered if Deb is eating her exercise calories, because that is very important. Plateaus are common on the journey, just ask me and Elli. Sometimes you have to change things up and do a different exercise to give those muscles a rest. Drinking lots of water is important but not to close to bedtime. :laugh: And if you yo yo your calories a little bit that sometimes helps too, at least it did for me while I was in Arizona. :tongue:

Connie, I do love chocolate candy but I just won't buy it because I would have no will power. I had left over Halloween candy that I made my dil take to her place of business because I didn't trust myself. I think the chocolate you eat is good for you and you are doing it in moderation so go for it.:drinker:

Dee, I think I have had a senior moment but did you already explain who Marie is and what you are teaching her? Is Marie a child or an adult? Please forgive my ignorance. :ohwell:

Deb, are you adding your exercise calories to the 1200 calories MFP gives you? You are too eat all your calories including exercise calories along with drinking lots of water. Watch your salt intake which gives you water retention and watch your sugar intake. Stay away from unhealthy foods and change your life style to eat healthy. It takes time and it stays off if you lose the weight slowly, but it is a change of life and attitude. I will make you my friend and look at your diary although I am not a good example, one of the people to follow and admire is Barbie, she lost over 70 pounds and is our hero. :heart:

Maddie, glad you are back and once you know your mom is okay, get up and move that thing!!!! :laugh:

By the way, just to set the record straight, the Barb who's birthday was yesterday was not our Barbie, but another Barb who has been missing in action. She also is a big loser, weight wise :laugh: and we miss her and her wonderful stories. :cry:

If I missed anyone I am sorry, hope all is well with everyone!!!

Time to get ready for my meeting, have a wonderful day in this Wonderful World. (Love that song Maddie)
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Marie, wish I could help with your angry cursor problems, if I was at home with my keyboard, I would try.
    jackie, I love your bee story, what a wonderful way to interpret the little bee's behavior!
    We are busy today, so will ck back with you later.
    maddie, and yes, Irene, we are thinking of you and your family, little Nate and Mariah, hope they are both well.
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. My mother will stay in the hospital at least until tomorrow...maybe longer. The hospital is full so she is still in the ER which is actually like a private room but she was supposed to get a real hospital bed and no one took care of it. Really bites my butt :explode:

I went to the Dr this morning and I had to take a breathing treatment. I haven't had one in almost five years. I have everything here in the house but we've looked everywhere and can't find it. :grumble: Anyway, I have to take another round of steroids and antibiotics and I can't go see my mother. :cry: We are not to share each others germs at the moment. She is in a hospital in York where we grew up so the rest of the family can get there and they will get there so she'll be ok. I hope.....:heart:

Now Sandy, while I was in the Dr's office I was reading an article all about sugar. You are right and there is one form of sugar hidden in just about everything, especially low fat foods except for cheese and milk. Why can't companies just put the truth on the labels, stop trying to hide stuff and let us choose if we want it or not!!! Sugar and salt........they know:huh: AND BINGO!!!

Buzz, thank you for the white light....more please :heart:

Connie: I love that....May the Max be with you....I'm laughing, coughing and peeing :laugh: I know there's a tee shirt out there with that on it and I may have to get one!! :blushing:

Everyone: please keep praying. For some reason, we all know that our road ends in death but if it is staring you in the face, on that day, it looks a little different....bigger.....scarier......Mom is 89 nuff said.

Maddie :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sandy I have a battery mouse and we did change battery. and check the thing that plug into the computer. I am really having problems using a pencil to get around on this thing. Alice tried for the lonest to help me locate him But That pencil and my shaky arm would not go where I was surpose to . But I can get by till this weekend. Unless something else happen.

Congratuaztios on your big win.

I will be looking foward to gayla coming back. And by the way where is elli. ?
    I'm gone for now
    LOve Marie .
  • oldtyke
    Options
    Get well soon Maddie! All this stress won't be doing you any good.

Thanks for the help, hope I've sorted my signature!
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    oh man you guys - WAY too much going on here and we're SO freaking busy at work right now ( know - it's a GREAT thing!). Our product that Manna Pro is interested in is just going nuts! We can hardly keep up.

Sorry i haven't been around - TRYING so hard to get my food in at least and my workouts done. The whole dentist thing on Tues was kind of traumatic and really threw me off course - i lost a whole day. ugh!

I can see I'll have to take a couple hours to get caught up with everyone - sorry MARIE! i'm still here though......

love you guys - i'm going to go to hot yoga this evening if i feel all right. REALLY need to get back to it. just work work work!!!!!!:tongue: it's a good thing - not complaining......just BUSY!!!!!!!!!!!

l, e
  • oldtyke
    Options
    Oh and Happy Birthday Dee!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    For those that need help in posstin you photo here is a thread that might can help you

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/26580-photo-help

Connie and Sandy are our experts plus some more Sneakers too.

I wsould like for one of them to go over the way you are posting quotes I haven't got that yet? Even my daughter could not help me on it. Just the quote you want not the whole post.
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I'm smiling from ear to ear - look like the Cheshire Cat! Every Thursday is "weigh in" day for me as part of the Fit 4 Life Challenge I'm doing along with about 300 other people in our community. It is the only scale I pay attention to and I purposely ignore the scale in our bathroom.

This morning I was 2.6 pounds down from last Thursday's weigh in. 2.6 POUNDS IN A WEEK - I think I've finally broken the plateau that has plagued me for months.

Marie - can you follow this direction? Go to your Start button (round circle at the bottom of your screen on the far left). Now go to Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, Under Devices and printers, click on Mouse.Under the Pointer Options tab, check the box that says "Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key.

Look and see if the box that says "Hide pointer when typing" is checked. If it is, try to uncheck it. Now click OK.

Now, when you loose your mouse pointer, all you have to do is click the CTRL key, and a big circle will appear on the screen with your mouse pointer in the middle.

On the same box, under the Hardware tab, highlight your mouse (probably HID compliant mouse), then click the properties box. Next click the General tab and look in the box under Device status. If it says your mouse is working properly, we'll have to check something else.

Let me know if you've understood, and done the things above.

Connie.
  • LUV2CRUZ
    Options
    Connie: Congrats on that success! I am so proud ...... the Max was with you!!! Hey, I tried that pointer thing myself and it worked!!

Maddie
  • debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Just been filling in my diary and reading all your posts, so many:bigsmile:

Just seen the time and Brothers & sisters is just about to come on. I love it, so I'll pop back in an hour or so:laugh:
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Prayers, Maddie:flowerforyou:
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Dee. Hope it is a good one.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Marie ~ Thanks for pointing out the thread explaining how to post a photo. I'm going to try to post a picture of the view from my cottage a couple of days ago when the mist was rising. This often happens as the temperature rises after a bout of rain. Fingers crossed!!

P1010610.jpg

Judi ~ My neighbours came to your part of the world for a holiday last year. I was invited to view the holiday snaps on their laptop when they returned and they began Puffin - Ahhh! Another Puffin ~ Ahh again! A group of puffins ~ Oooh. More puffins ~ Mmmm! and so it went on for about 150 pictures.:laugh: I can see the charm and why visitors would be so taken by the little creatures but I was suffering from puffin fatigue towards the end of the viewing!!

Sandy ~There's a photo of me in my suit on my profile but you wouldn't know it was me under my veil:laugh: My initial reason to get into beekeeping was because I heard so much about the struggle honey bees were having to survive so thought I'd do my litle bit to help. I share the hobby with my neighbour and we have 4 hives between us, 2 in each garden. We had some delicious honey last summer and I could tell you some funny stories about our experiences extracting it from the frames but it would take too long. Just imagine dripping honey on the kitchen surfaces, floor, cupboard doors, us, the cats and so on. We hope to do better this year now we've gained some experience!!:laugh: You needn't be scared of these lovely ladies, they are far too busy looking for nectar and pollen for their queen to be taking any notice of you.

Phoebe ~ I can go on and on about my bees so don't encourage me!!!

Deb ~ Hope you enjoyed Brothers and Sisters. I was watching The Good Wife on the same channel but haven't got into yours.

A busy few days ahead so I may struggle to get on line but you'll all be in my thoughts:flowerforyou:

Time for bed.

Jackie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :heart: :heart: Jackie you did it. You are a fast learner. But that picture looks kind of Weird looking Good job now when do we get to see the bees.??????????????? Hey went to your profile and found the bees. You got more guts than I got.

:heart: MArie
  • LUV2CRUZ
    Options
    Jackie: That picture is gorgeous!!! It could be in a magazine! :love:

Maddie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Hello to all my Golden Sneakers Friends, we are in Fortuna, California where we will be until Monday morning. Our trip down was swift and beautiful through rain, snow,and fog in Washington and Oregon and along the Northern California coast. Wednesday was my biggest exercise challenge in years. We were in the car for over ten hours with stops twice at rest stops, once for fuel, and once for lunch at Subway. Because it was raining most of the way I was not inspired to ask Jake to go for a walk at any of the stops. It was still drizzling when we got to Crescent City, CA and my pedometer registered fewer than 2000 steps even after unloading the car and walking to the restaurant for dinner.:sad: :sad: :sad: we ate smart at dinner
    ordered off the senior menu---broiled chicken with veggie, salad, and potato. we told them not to bring the dinner roll. I ate the little bit of butter on the potato but skipped the sour cream.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: after dinner the weather was a little bit better so we bundled up and walked on the great paved trail along the harbor then walked up and down the hall in the motel until I got 10,000 steps.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I decided to not log either food or exercise while we're on this trip. I have been doing it for so long that it seems strange not to........for a moment in the restaurant last night I thought that since I'm not logging my food, I could eat something I don't usually order (like onion rings or a quesadilla) and then sanity returned and ordered just the way I would have if I were logging everything.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Here in Fortuna we found a great trail that goes along the Eel River and walked that bundled up against the cold. I don't have 10,000 steps but I'll go out again later for another walk.

:sad: :sad: :sad: Maddie, I'm sorry to hear about first your mom's health problems and now yours.....I will be thinking healing thoughts for both of you:bigsmile: and I'm so glad to see you back posting on the thread:bigsmile: I will still be your friend.....you can't get rid of me that easily

:bigsmile: Deb, I looked at your food journal and have a couple of thoughts......when I started my weight loss journey I couldn't bear the idea of being hungry so I looked for foods to eat that would allow my the biggest pile on my plate for the fewest calories:laugh: what I discovered was that fresh and frozen vegetables were a perfect choice and that sauces and dressings added calories without giving me anything to munch on.....I also learned that processed and packaged foods had too many calories, didn't fill me up and keep me satisfied and had too much sodium...........if you exercise a lot, then eat some of your exercise calories

:bigsmile: Phoebe, that's a great idea about having the family hide the chocolate

:bigsmile: Jeri, I like your idea about banning the dangerous food from the house completely.....I've had to do that with a few things (actually a lot of things:laugh: )

:drinker: :drinker: Dee congratulations on your weight loss:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Kathy, never, never, never give up

:bigsmile: Marilyn, you are so fortunate to have your son available to give you such great advice

:flowerforyou: Marie, I'm sorry to hear about your computer problems......the computer is our lifeline to each other :sad: :sad:

:flowerforyou: Jackie, I loved hearing about you and your bees.....your relationship with them sounds as personal as my relationship with my dogs and cats (except the bees produce something you can actually consume :laugh: :laugh: ) that's a great picture that you posted

:flowerforyou: Judi, puffin cruises sound wonderful.....I'd love to go

:flowerforyou: Sandy, congrats on your Bingo winnings :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: Elli, how great that things are going well in your business...it's time consuming but feels so good after the slower periods

:drinker: :drinker: Connie, congrats on your weight loss.........I know you were frustrated, but you never gave up :bigsmile:

:heart: :heart: :heart: Jake is taking a much deserved nap......he does all the driving and I sleep on and off while he drives so he needs to get caught up on his sleep after all the driving and walking (and when he wakes up, I'm going to insist that he go for another walk with me :bigsmile: )