Senior Golden Sneakers -April 2011

Options

Replies

• Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    have a wonderful trip, Barb! :smile:

Thanks for the Birthday List, Marie! :flowerforyou: Like your new picture. He's cute!
  • gigi46
    gigi46 Posts: 196
    Options
    Hello,

Marie - thanks for the beautiful flowers and all the concern about my Mom, you're the best:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Barbie - Have a wonderful trip looking forward to hear about all the adventures:heart::heart: :heart:

Phoebe - Is good to be back, good to hear from you.:wink::wink: :wink:

Sandy - Super work out, you're doing great:happy: :happy: :happy: .

Well its time to say Good night,

Gigi
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I'm with BARBIE, I am so sorry for the hurt feelings. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: If I said anything that could cause someone to be hurt, I certainly didn't mean it and I apologize profusely.
  • fancyladyJeri
    Options
    Gigi Wrote
    My Mom is not doing very well back at the Hospital this past weekend but she is home now.:love::love: :love:

How old is your Mom? As your probably know, I have an 83 yr old Mom who is in poor health as well. My heart goes out to you.
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,:flowerforyou:

I am really glad to see Sandy back. :flowerforyou: and Gigi. :flowerforyou:
    I have a quote on my profile..."today is the first day of the rest of your life"...after having some major health problems..I almost died 2 years ago. When that happens to a person, it makes one realize the importance of things: God, Family, Friends, Love, Hope, Sunshine, Flowers, and Happy thoughts.
    You ALL have been kind to me. It took a while for me to "know" you on here but since I have, you have added fun and laughter to my weight loss journey.

There is a quote about Hope that I wish to share::flowerforyou:

To hope is to see with the eye of the heart.:heart:
    To hope is to make the heart captain the vital and the body. :flowerforyou:
    To hope is to send darkness-night into exile.

I like to see the light of a new day. It means I have lived another day. Food is a large part of sustaining our life. One time I told an older friend of mine that food was just sinful...He looked at me and said, "How can you call what God has given to sustain you sinful?" I dropped my head in shame. It wasn't the food...it was me. So now I give thanks for the food we have to eat. If I abuse the food that is me...not God who has given it. So, human that I am, I keep on my journey of how to manage that.
    I feel it's a journey we are all on.

You all are important to me...just wanted you to know that.

Marie-your flowers,:flowerforyou: you posted on here are beautiful as always. I have tried to master the feat of getting those things to post but somehow I am missing the boat.:happy:

Gigi- I am glad your Mom is doing better.

It's 5:30 in the morning so I am not going to post to each one.

I hope we have sunshine today and that all of you do....that is the greatest thing to cheer one up!

Have a good day to all!
  • fancyladyJeri
    Options
    I woke up way too early. How about a dumb joke

Did you hear about the 83 year old woman who talked herself out of a speeding ticket by telling the young officer that she had to get there before she forgot where she was going?

Makes perfectly good sense to me
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    It is a beautiful, sunny morning and it's to get up in the 50s today. I hear the bluebirds out my window. Today I'm going to set up their mealworm station. I usually get two broods during the season. I spend a lot of time in the summer photographing my bluebirds. In fact, I think I'll change my photo to celebrate spring and the bluebirds. :smile:

I am soooooooooooooooooooooo excited! :laugh: I weighed in this morning and I'm down again, this time past one of the "0"s! I only have 5 pounds to go until I'm at what I think would be my weight if I hadn't gained weight in middle age. I've looked at my weights in High School, wedding, after each birth and decided what I should weigh as an old, but very young-thinking, lady. You know how hard the last pounds are to lose, so since my eating habits are pretty good (I still have to have that sweet each day), I'm focusing hard on exercise. I must do some kind of official exercise each day.

Please keep my DD in your prayers. She has a mass in her breast and is going to see the surgeon next week. We're keeping positive. We have no history of breast cancer in our family and the mass that was removed from my breast 25 years ago was benign, so we're praying like-mother-like-daughter.

I'm off to seize the day! Have a great one yourselves. :flowerforyou:

PS I'm with Marie (my seizure friend) today and we're doing some fun things: WiiFit+, multiplication timed test, crocheting and walking outdoors. I'm looking forward to it.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,101 Member
    Options
    happy-birthday_animated_129.gif

:heart: :heart: :heart: HAPPY BIRTHDAY BARB!! WE MISS YOU!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    :flowerforyou::heart: Happy Birthday, :heart: Barb!:flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Happy Birthdsy ear Barbs, birthday2.gif
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to Barb! We miss you here. Hope you are well and happy!

Jeri, Im going to write that joke on a sticky note, just in case I need the excuse myself, )ol!
    Dee, will certainly keep your DD in my prayers. Is this the first time she has found a iump?
    also, Dee, yahoo for you! You have done so much, and you are so close! I know it must feel great. Whats that saying, 'nothing tastes as good as thin feels'. Well, except chocolate, of course! Seriously congrats to you.
    marie, how is your low blood sugar. Doing today? Do you. Think it drops because of OA plan, or is it a pattern for you?

Lynn, eloquent, that is a pretty word to describe you. Your quote re: hope was very good.

Sandy, have you tackled laundry mountain yet? Lol, if you have I can send you another one!
    Its past time for my nap. Take care
  • gigi46
    gigi46 Posts: 196
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Went to gym again so far

so good:happy: :happy: :happy:

Jeri - My Mom is 93 years old, we talk everyday, she is doing so much better, loved the joke:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Lynn - the quote was beautiful, I just so to tell you I'm also missing the boat, I have tried to post pictures so no luck, when I posted the family picture that was with help from my son in law.:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Dee - Congratulations on the weight lost, that is sooooooooooooo awesome:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Barb - Happy Birthday:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: hope you are very Happy.

Have great day everyone:smooched: :smooched: :smooched:

Gigi
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:

Good morning Sneakers.

no phoebe. I did good the month I was on AO and i change to SBD diet. no carbs hardly. Along with not getting thr corect amount of insulin. Trying to balace the two is really a lot of guess work.And I have been back on the OA diet for the las 3 days no. problems But I really got to watch it. My biggest problem I have is forgettin to take my insulin and taking it when I think of it. Thats definite is no good. o I am trying my best to remember Then I really don't remember if I did or not. biggest problem is short term menory lost. I went of open Dairy and read some of Kay dairy, She sounds the same as always. Busy busy. Was going to go to linette dairy but decided I do see her a lot on facebook. So keep up with her that way. Queen susy is as sweet as ever. she is also on FB. Used to see Joyce on there too sometimes.

Dee I am sending prayers along your way too. for your DD.

Lynn so happy to see you are back with us. You always make my day.

Irene. Are you able to work on your quilts? I have never gone back to work on the baby bootis. got the block all done. Just need to sew 3 more rows together. I just got out of the mood. Have a wonderful day

Jeri , Yeah i like that too. That's me in a nutshell.

Buzz will it work just having my name on my signature.? i forget to sign my name.
  • oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Evening peeps!It's been the most beautiful day here in Yorkshire, 20c, way above what we should be having, but What Ho! I lost 1lb this week which makes up for the half I put on last week. When I got home the postie had been with my Zumba game for the Wii, so I set it up and did a 20 mins beginners ?class. SWEAT? I was wringing! It's abit difficult to keep up with it being new, but I'll get used to it. Hopefully my lungs will!

Happy B'day Barb and have a wonderful trip.

Dee I'll ask my Angels to help your DD. Just remember 90% of breast masses are begnign. lets think positively, but of course you will worry, you're her Mum.

Found this on my menopause website

TEXTING FOR SENIORS

Since more and more Seniors are texting and tweeting there appears to be a need for a STC (Senior Texting Code). If you qualify for Senior Discounts this is the code for you.

Please pass this on to your CHILDREN and Grandchildren so they can understand your texts.

ATD: At The Doctor's
    BFF: Best Friend Fainted
    BTW: Bring The Wheelchair
    BYOT: Bring Your Own Teeth
    CBM: Covered By Medicare
    CGU: Can't get up
    CUATSC: See You At The Senior Center
    DWI: Driving While Incontinent
    FWB: Friend With Beta Blockers
    FWIW: Forgot Where I Was
    FYI: Found Your Insulin
    GGPBL: Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low!
    GHA: Got Heartburn Again
    HGBM: Had Good Bowel Movement
    IMHO: Is My Hearing-Aid On?
    LMDO: Laughing My Dentures Out
    LOL: Living On Lipitor
    LWO: Lawrence Welk's On
    OMMR: On My Massage Recliner
    OMSG: Oh My! Sorry, Gas
    ROFL... CGU: Rolling On The Floor Laughing... And Can't Get Up
    TTYL: Talk To You Louder
    WAITT: Who Am I Talking To?
    WTFA: Wet The Furniture Again
    WTP: Where's The Prunes?
    WWNO: Walker Wheels Need Oil
    GGLKI: Gotta Go, Laxative Kicking In
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I've been watching for Pam, Judi or Deb to pop on the forum. I wanted to tell them that I've been laughing my bum off watching bits of Mrs. Brown's Boys, on You Tube. This is too funny for words - a bit bawdy for US television unless very late at night, I fear. The episode where she gave herself a bikini wax was absolutely outrageous - I laughed till I cried.

Connie
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    So I've aged a little in the past few days......I've been seeing the posts and messaging with some of you.....especially Buzz, who should get up off her bony knees....she could sell someone the Brooklyn Bridge. If I'm still welcome, I'm back.....if you still want me for your friend send me a new request.......:heart::heart: :heart:

Sandy: You are an inspiration to me...I don't know what the heck went wrong....Look at your picture, as if you have anything to worry about.....I'm still jealous!

Marie: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Lynn: You understand better than anyone some of the stuff I go thru.....Please take me back :cry:

Connie: Thank you....you're the greatest!

DebZ: Here I am :drinker:

Barbie: Enjoy your trip....talk to ya soon!

Old Tyke: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

SONG OF THE DAY: It's a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong :cry:

Maddie ( I know I missed a few, I'll be back) :blushing:
  • debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

What a beautiful sunny day here today. I love it when the sun shines makes me feel soooo good:bigsmile:

I got up this morning and went on the wii and did a 12 min jog. If you knew me you would know what an acheivement that it is for me. Firstly to get up earlier than I need to cos I'm a night owl and exercise before I get a cup of tea down me:laugh:

I need help Sneakers please. Apart from the bacon sarnie that my manager bought me for breakfast, for going in to work early with him, I thought I had been eating well today. I have reduced my portions and seriously don't think I can reduce them any more, I will be starving and in return cheat. I am still going over my daily calorie allowance that MFP have given me. 1200 calories .
    I am finding it hard to work out the calories on this site and the portions sometimes don't fit what I have eaten, but I put it on what I think is the nearest. I am going to look for a calorie counting book tomorrow.
    My diary is public so feel free to take a look.
    I admit I do need to take more exercise. I am now going to Zumba class twice a week, and I am trying to do the wii fit daily and lengthen my time on there each time.

Phoebe: I saw you were mentioning sodium, does it affect weight loss or is it for health?
    The problem with me and chocolate, is that when I know it's in the house, I can't stop thinking about it. I become this obsessed crazy lady,that is not satisfied until I have eaten it ALL.:embarassed: So unless I am away from home and chocolate is offered, small portions are non existent:laugh: :laugh:
    If it was just me living here I would'nt have it in the house but, my hubby and 2 of my children still live at home:smile::ohwell:

Barb: Happy Birthday. I hope you have a great day and a great holiday:flowerforyou: :drinker:

Marie: The flowers are wonderful:bigsmile:

Jeri: LOL :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Sorry I don't know your name oldtyke: Love the texting. A few of them sound familiar:laugh:

Dee:I am sending positive thoughts across the pond to you and you DD. I shall be praying for you both.:flowerforyou:

Connie: I'm sorry I have'nt seen it. Sounds great tho and I am going to watch out for it now, so will let you know.:smile:

Deb xx
  • debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    MADDIE:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Welcome back :drinker: :drinker:

Now U GET UP OFFA THING and DANCE :bigsmile:
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Yay Maddie, and Yay Buzz! Thx for coming back. Thx Buzz for not giving up!
    Oldtyke is Judi I think. Congrats on the loss, good for you! All your hard work is inspiring.
    deb, im sure there are easy conversion tools on the net. If that is what the problem is. I think Elli and Sandy have been working around 1200 calories, hopefully they will have some ideas. One idea I have is maybe just enter into google 1200 calories and see what pops up. You can be more specific and enter meal plan, menus, etc.
    hopefully, you will find some suggestions that you can fit into your lifestyle. As for Chocolate, the great equalizer, lol, would your family enjoy playing 'Hide the chocolate from MMummy'? Also, they can become responsible for the purchase of it as well. Take all the burden from your shoulders.
    Ok, now Ive forgotten the other posts. Hate that! See ya nxt time.
  • fancyladyJeri
    Options
    MADDIE.  So glad you came back. Hurray. 

BARBIE. Sounds like you are well prepared for your trip. T's are crossed and the I's are dotted. Have fun. 

LYNN that was a beautiful post. That's what I like about you all on this forum,  you are inspiring

DEE.  Congratulations.  What an accomplishment. I know what you mean about making a milestone ending with a "0".  It feels so good. proud of you. 

GIGI. Glad to hear your Mom is doing better. My mom is feeling better again too. Hope it is a trend. 

MARIE. I'm like that with some of my projects too.  I still have an embroidered picture I started in about 1978 that just needs a little tiny bit more done to it. Probably my grand daughters will finish it someday. LOL

OLDTYKE.  LOL

DEB.  Chocolate calls my name. I never like to have baking chocolate chips in the house.   And if I do, I can't even have a tablespoon without wanting to finish off the bag. Good thing for me most of them have milk in them and I can't have milk. I've been known to eat a whole bag in nothing flat. My advice. --- ban chocolate from the house. Make them eat it in the garage. 

Know I know I've forgotten some or got the names mixed up, but i'm like the lady in my joke. 

Have a great evening all.