barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    428709gz6udbpo79.gif

Happy Birthday, Dee
  • debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hello all you lovely ladies,

Another gorgeous day here in Essex too Jackie. Forecast is looking good too! What a beautiful view you have.
    I love bees but could'nt have hives,I think I'd be too scared. They do such a good job. Don't see as many as we used to though, such a shame. We get them coming into work through our electric doors, They are so sluggish! Whats going on I wonder?
    I have missed this season of The Good Wife so waiting for repeats now, and tonight I missed the end of Brothers & Sisters cos I dozed off!

I went to Zumba again tonight. It was extra hard going tonight due to the warmer weather and no air con in the hall. Thoroughly enjoyed it though. Next session on Monday.

Did someone mention the Wii have brought out a Line dancing game? Thought I would try something different. I don't have time to go to Line dancing class as well just now.

Maddie: Wishing you and your mum better. I am joining the rest of the group in prayer.:heart::heart:

Jeri: Hope your back gets better and you get a decent nights sleep:heart:

Jeri and Gigi: Hope your mums are feeling better:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Kathy, Phoebe, Buzz & Sandy: Thank you all for the tips. I did'nt realise that you can change the serving. I will try that & the others.

Judi: What channel is Mrs Brown on? Sounds funny. Have a great time out with your family:happy:

Marie & Sandy: I used your tip for adding name to signature but I think I have now lost my Ticker lol. Where did I go wrong?

Marilyn: Good Luck with the new diet. Hope it works well for you:drinker:

Connie: A big WELL DONE:bigsmile: When I think I can trust myself not to go bingeing on chocolate, I am going to try your choc tips. A little of what you fancy does you good is what my late mum always used to say and it seems like she may have been right:laugh:

I'm sorry if i have missed anyone.

Love to you all
    Deb
  • debzwill
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEE :bigsmile: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • debzwill
    Options
    Hello Barbie,

Sounds great where you are, even if the weather is'nt up to much. You have so much discipline. What an inspiration you are:bigsmile:

Thank you so much for looking at my diary and for your tips. I will definately pile up with veggies, I love them. Someone else mentioned the sodium. I never realised it had an effect on weight before. I will be looking at that more closely. Will also be cutting out the processed food. Just have to train my DH as he seems to like to buy/cook them when I am working!

I am feeling very positive and just hope the scales will be kind when I weigh in on Monday.

Enjoy the rest of your trip:flowerforyou:
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    LYNN, did I miss your Birthday-April 4? Oh, dear, have a double HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, LYNN dear:embarassed: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :embarassed:

DEE...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

and to both, MANY MANY MORE:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Buzz
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Is everybody getting a head start on Dee Birthday or did I get it wrong?? I thought it is tomorrow. Let me know.

I aadmit I have not read all the post one here and there.Too much going on around here. Mainly my PC. Connie has been trying to help me but I am just a dumhead from Texas I don't know the talk of computers
    . She has been such a dear.

I will satch up with you all tomorrow.

:heart: MARIE
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Marie, Dee's bday is tomorrow.

YOU ARE NOT A DUMHEAD! I will fuss at you if you say that. You do a lot more than lots of people can even dream about. You also learn, and teach very well. So wait for Alice to come and take a look, you can catch up later. Or, you can go next door to see if one. of Jerry's garage sale buddies can help.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,116 Member
    Options
    Marie, somewhere on the home page Dee said she was going to be busy tomorrow so everyone was wishing her happy birthday today. Since you and I wait until the day of the birthday it got confusing. So just because I know she is possibly not going to be around tomorrow I will add my birthday wishes now.

And I am with Phoebe 100%!!! Don't you dare call yourself dumb again!!! You started this whole forum, you bring everyone together and you are 85 years young!! Wonder what the rest of us will be doing at that age!! We love you Marie, you are our leader!!!

happy-birthday_animated_129.gif
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Ha Ha Ha Sandy I am not 85 yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just 80 Even tho i feel like 90!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMAGE13.jpg
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Happy birthday Dee!!!
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Sory dee, I ow you some flowers I can't fight this pencil and this touch screen anymoe But Happy birthday to you.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    hi everyone - happy friday eve!!!!!!!!!!!! I know i'm ready for the weekend. Trying to get all caught up here - i had to take a break to eat supper - spaghetti squash with sundried tomatoes - both still from last summer's garden!

Deb - i'm still doing 1200 calories - what helps me a lot is massive amounts of vegetables! I like to eat a lot - not itty bitty portions. Sometimes I'll eat a quarter of a cabbage for supper,or like tonight - i ate half a spaghetti squash. And even if you can't do huge exercise every day - even if you can get a brisk 20 minute walk in that will give you a little extra food!

JERI - i'm like you with the chocolate. I WISH i could be "normal" and just eat a little square - but NOOOOOOOOO:noway: i want to eat the whole dang bag!!!!!!!! So mostly i don't keep it around. i do love those goodness knows little squares though - has anyone else tried those? 150 calories for 4 little squares and they have dark chocolate, dried fruit and nuts - really good.

MADDIE - your mom is in all our thoughts and prayers. I lost mine about 5 years ago - and even though SHE was ready to go - i wasn't so ready.........it's always hard. After all - she IS your Mom. I'm praying for her recovery - and yours as well.

SANDY - i'm glad you asked Dee about Marie - I'm lost!:embarassed: $300!!!!!!! That is AWESOME! What a fun thing! Are you still doing the shred? You're right about the whole sugar thing. A friend of mine's personal trainer told her if you never eat anything that has more than 5 grams of sugar per serving you'll never have a weight problem. So many low fat foods are sugar laden.

CONNIE - congrats on your 2.6 pounds!!!!!:happy: That is AWESOME! i think you're right - you're over your plateau! :drinker:

JACKIE - the picture is really beautiful! AND i think it's very cool that you raise bees!!!!!!!!!

MARIE - what Sandy and Phoebe said! Don't you ever call yourself dumb!:noway: you're our HERO! I wish i was as good on the computer as you are!!!!!!!!!!

I made it to hot yoga tonight! yippeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! it felt REALLY good - after almost a year of not doing it - wow am i going to be sore tomorrow though! In a good way thought - it's the "beautiful pain"! I actually did better than i expected to - i didn't have to sit out any of the poses.

My soldier/son will be home sometime Saturday afternoon from training at Ft Leonard Wood. So next week i'll take a day off work and go down for a visit. I haven't seen Katalina in almost a month and i sure do miss her! she'll be 8 months old tomorrow!

Well, i think i'll sit and watch tv for awhile before i hit the sack. hopefully i'll sleep tonight after yoga!

everyone have a good night!

:heart: elli
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    oops! Happy Birthday Dee!
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    People, I'm almost in tears, my entire post simply disappeared again as I clicked "post". I had spent much time on it, and started before 11 PM and it's now 1:52 AM and I can't stay with it any longer. So sorry, but I'm thinkning of you all. Hope the frustration doesn't discourage me tomorrow, but stupid of me to not use Notepad or some other program! This is the second time this week I disappeared into cyberspace.

SANDY, Neither Marie nor I are 85! I will be 84 in June and I believe Marie is 80.

And I finally went below the 170 mark, but afraid to put it in my Ticker yet!
    :yawn:
    Buzz
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,116 Member
    Options
    :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

So sorry Marie and Buzz.....I don't know what I was thinking!!! I beg for your forgiveness!!! I am so embarrassed!!!
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Lbs. Lost- lbs gained = Net loss/gain
    if you sneakers keep going, we will need a chart!
    Connie, does that 2.6 feel Goooood! ! ? WTG!
    Buzz, congrats, sweet human with a great heart, I know how much this loss means to you. You have been struggling to beat your plateau and now, here you go, on the downside of 170 and picking up speed!
    I picture a plateau with no flowers, just emptiness, now Im going to picture it with little poles in the ground marking distances to achieve, in pounds!
    ok, Ive done it again, blathered on and forgotten someone I wanted to mention. I'm. Very sorry, hope to be home this weekend and I will do better.
    Maddie, Gigi, keep us posted.

Dee, Have a wonderful birthday, enjoy your trip, so glad you are a sneaker!

Gayla, we love you
  • debzwill
    Options
    Heelo Ladies, I saw this on the community message board and thought you might like to read it. Apologies if you have already. What a story!

October 31st, 2010 I had reached my peak of portliness at 5'8" and a profound 284# I was out of shape, sick and well on my way to an early grave. I started having issues with everything from cognitive reasoning to walking from my car into my work; a whopping 1600 feet or so. So, I half-heartedly started losing a little weight.

By December, Chest pressure was the norm, I had accepted High Blood Pressure as one of those things that comes as we get older, Achy feet, a sore back...you name it and I was feeling it. It became apparent to me that I was having some issues. To cap it all off I have always been a bit of an insomniac but even that had become unmanageable and my sleep was down to 3, maybe 3-1/2 hours a night.

Finally after some prodding by my lovely bride, I went to see a doctor. He looked at the sleep issue first, did the sleep study thing and found that I had full blown Apnea to boot. So, not only was I only getting 3 hours of sleep but not even sleeping when I was sleeping.

In that same week I earned myself a CPAP machine and had BP meds changed suspecting that they might be contributing to the sleep problems.

Due to the chest pressure I was sent to a Cardiologist who looked at everything and decided my meds were all wrong and changed them yet again...she got it right. HOWEVER, she also suspected I might have other issues and had me tested for diabetes...I was diagnosed as Diabetic and put on meds for that.

That day I decided not to live in a cell. I had seen too many friends and family members go down the path I was on.

I actively sought out an app on my phone to help track progress and my newly acquired glucose monitoring plan.

I FOUND YOU. Just by chance I stumbled onto MFP. It looked as good as anything for tracking what was going in my pie hole. I started reading and looking and was amazed by the friendships and openness and caring nature I saw here. It spurred me on every day.

On Dec 3rd when I went to the Cardiologist's office I could not walk at a decent pace for 8 minutes to finish the echo-stress test. a month ago I rowed 20,000 meters on my rowing machine (12.1 miles). Two weeks ago I road 28 miles on my bike, just for the hell of it.

Today I went to the Doctor's office, 66 pounds lighter than 10/31/2010. I am officially removed from all medications my BP was 118/72, my HbA1C (indicator of diabetes) was normal. My resting heart rate that was high 90s is now low 60s...I could go on but he fact that is important is that this is a victory, not only for me, but for everyone that comes to MFP especially my lovelies that I am in near constant contact with.

Motivated, you bet. I am not at my goal weight yet (34 more to go, maybe more) but its easy from here because of my MFP peeps. I love them all and owe them my life.
    Edited by MobiusMan on Fri 04/08/11 01:35 AM Snarky, Intelligent, and Thought-Provoking,
    215 pounds by May 1st
    206 pounds and Run a 5K by May 30th (my 49th Birthday)
    184 pounds by Halloween (i fully intend to go as a skinny guy...no one will guess my real identity! That will be -100 pounds from my highest weight at Halloween 2010 of 284 pounds)
  • debzwill
    Options
    Thought I had messed it up but I think I managed to copy it ok. Went to delete this but it would,nt let me:frown:
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    SANDY...of course, all is forgiven! And let's face it, we both HOPE to be 85 eventually:bigsmile:
    PHOEBE...so poetic and dreamy...blather on; we love it!:wink:
    CONNIE...Mazel Tov (congratulations), so it was worth all the exhaustion :drinker:
    MADDIE...How're ya both doing today? Hope you won't need the meds too long, so relax and take care of YOU!:flowerforyou:
    GIGI.. happy you're home again. Missed you.

Now gotta go make my yummy spinach omelette so I can get started. I just can't repeat that long "hello" I lost last night, but thinking of you all. I'm hungry!

Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    WOW, Deb, how inspiring. And how wonderful of you to copy it for us. I'd love to send it to my DS, who was just diagnosed Diabetes 2, and told to lose 100 pounds! Worried he may resist anything Mom suggests, though, so if you have any ideas,...yell!
    Buzz
  • debzwill
    Options
    Oh Buzz how worrying for you. Being told to lose 100 lbs is so daunting let alone being told you have diabetes.
    How long is it since he was diagnosed? If it is very recent, he may just need some time to adjust, and get his head around it.

Would he be offended if you did send him the post? I know our kids can be a bit sensitive with suggestions from parents.
    Maybe ,if he has a partner or friend that he listens to, you could send it to them to forward to him, or maybe thats too much?

Hopefully you might get some good suggestions.