Senior Golden Sneakers -April 2011

Options

Replies

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options

Now gotta go make my yummy spinach omelette so I can get started. I just can't repeat that long "hello" I lost last night, but thinking of you all. I'm hungry!

Buzz
    Me too,thanks to you!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    "
    "DON'T MESS WITH THE SNEAKERS" oNE FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL.!!!!!

WE ARE ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY

mY CURSER IS STILL MISSING THIS MORNING i THINK i NEED TO TAKE IT TO THE SHOP TO GET THEM TO CHECK IT OUT. BEFORE MY WARRANTY RUNS OUT. bECaUSE IT HAS BEEN DOING SOME MIGHTY
    WEIRD THINGS HERE LATELY

tHE cHURCH IS COMING BY THIS MORNING TO SEE IF WE NEED ANYTHING WE NEED.
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Quick note: Mom still in hospital. Told her to have Dr call me for update. I'm still sick, a little worse than yesterday so that means that tomorrow will go up, right???? It's weird not being able to go to the hospital, I always stay right there.....:frown: They said if we bring her walker in she can go to the bathroom....[picture] hospital, no walkers no beside potties......:mad:

I've read the posts, thinking of you, praying for you, jealous of you....congratulating you.....just can't type it all......:sad: WILL THE REAL ME PLEASE COME BACK! :glasses:

Oh well,
    Maddie :sick:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Maddie Just take it a step at a time.

Sandy don't feel bad about my age. Just too much on your mind. Me and my Sis Buzz will be here a long time. You All are stuck with us. old granny.

Gayla going sailing on Dave boat that he built sounds like so much fun, Did you see the link I posted on FB where some flying fish ws literally jumping in people boat Amazing One boater had 20 fiah that jump in his boat One guy look like my brother Mike and sound like him but I rally don't think it was for Mike is a lot more louder than he was/ Better go check on my family over there

Phoebe I think that is a good ideal. to have a chart for us. I was on one thread once and it had one It was really interesting. Maybe someone will start one for us.
    But that thread is no longer here. ' Judy you told me you would be back we are all waiting. Miss you. Got to hear how your winters progressed in NZ and the coming of your beautiful spring. I think our sprin is just about over with. Its going be hot, hot.
  • gigi46
    gigi46 Posts: 196
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Well I made it to the Gym for five days, feels sooooooooooo good I'm back:happy: :happy: :happy:

Dee - Happy Birthday:drinker: :drinker: hope is a GREAT ONE

Maddie - Praying for you also so you get well, so you can get back visiting your Mom, by the way if you can just give me you Mom's first name so I can burn a 24 hours candle at our church for her recovery.:love::love: :love:

Jackie - the picture is fantastic, so proud of you. Bees fantastic:wink::wink: :wink:

Sandy - 300.00 AWESOME at Bingo:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Elli - so glad you get to spend some quality time with your son:heart::heart: :heart:

Buzz - that is such a frustation when that happens, please don't get discourage, we need you:smooched: :smooched: :smooched:

Phoebe - hope when you get home this weekend take time to relax, always feels good to come home.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Deb - Thanks for sharing that story you're right MFP helps so many people:wink::wink: :wink:

Marie - You're hilarious I love all your post, your are our ROCK:smile::smile: :smile: :smile:

Tomorrow we're having friends for dinner, I'm really looking forward to prepare some special and healthy,
    making the dessert this afternoon and cleaning the house so I don't have everything tomorrow to do.:grumble: :grumble:

Have a great friday

Gigi
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Well I made it to the Gym for five days, feels sooooooooooo good I'm back:happy: :happy: :happy:

Dee - Happy Birthday:drinker: :drinker: hope is a GREAT ONE

Maddie - Praying for you also so you get well, so you can get back visiting your Mom, by the way if you can just give me you Mom's first name so I can burn a 24 hours candle at our church for her recovery.:love::love: :love:

Jackie - the picture is fantastic, so proud of you. Bees fantastic:wink::wink: :wink:

Sandy - 300.00 AWESOME at Bingo:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Elli - so glad you get to spend some quality time with your son:heart::heart: :heart:

Buzz - that is such a frustation when that happens, please don't get discourage, we need you:smooched: :smooched: :smooched:

Phoebe - hope when you get home this weekend take time to relax, always feels good to come home.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Deb - Thanks for sharing that story you're right MFP helps so many people:wink::wink: :wink:

Marie - You're hilarious I love all your post, your are our ROCK:smile::smile: :smile: :smile:

Tomorrow we're having friends for dinner, I'm really looking forward to prepare some special and healthy,
    making the dessert this afternoon and cleaning the house so I don't have everything tomorrow to do.:grumble: :grumble:

Have a great friday

Gigi
    Everyone calls my mother, grandma....Thanks Gigi....Maddie
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    For those who can eat raw cabbage, i just posted a recipe for delicious creamy cole slaw on the Sneakers Recipes thread. It makes six cups, at less than 65 calories per one cup serving. Even my picky husband thought it was good. I watched him eat two servings, and I didn't even care!

Temperature today is 86 in the sun - not nearly that hot in the shade on our back porch from where I am posting. I'm trying to get up the gumption to go till the garden once more before planting.

To all who are themselves ill, or who have family members fighting sickness and disease I send my best. Wish I could do something more to help.

Maddie's post about her mother brings my own mother to mind. She died 40 years ago this past January at the age of 50. I was just short of my 30th birthday, a mom with four kids. My five brothers and sisters ranged in age from 14 to 26. One sister was 5 month's pregnant with her first child. For many years I would still pick up the phone to call her. She would be 91 years old had she lived.
    Options
    Debz, thanks for posting that story, what an inspiration. I wonder how Mike and Al feel when they read something like that one?
    I mentioned sodium earlier and I think you asked me about it, then I forgot to answer you. Sorry. Sodium contributes to fluid retention, which can then cause your weight to fluctuate. For example, I weighed one afternoon, discovered I was 3 pounds up, then the next morning, i was down those three pounds and two more!
    I think that is why they say weigh first thing in the morning. Then I heard others talking about how the weight was gained after menopause and that it is harder to lose it too. Explains why my stomach is not shrinking! I hope! Lol
    Maddie, I guess it does feel weird not to be with grandma right now, bless your hearts, get better so you can visit her, and us!
    Barbie, you two are braving the weather, bundled up and dripping water? I guess people see you out there and say what are they Doing? !! But we know. :)
    Gigi, I hope your mother is stable now. It is hard when you are not close by. And so many things can happen in a minute. Do you dread the nite time telephone ringing? Hope you are well too!
    Sandy, Bingo Queen! Hope you are having a great Friday. Read your fb post about Shredding Level 3 ! Wow, you go for it, I'll. Wait here. Lol
    JUDY, come on now, pretty please?
    Marie, so Gayla is going to sail away? Lol, I hope they launch the boat in a warmer climate! But I'm. Sure it will be very relaxing. Does Neil go with them?
    hope you are getting the hang of your pencil and touchscreen. You know, this may be a blessing in disguise. Every time you falter, you learn something new, and you get handier with fixing it too.
    we had bar b que chicken for lunch. Barbeque sauce is not my favorite, but this was home cooking, the chicken was baked, and it was just like my late mil used to prepare it. Yum! Of course I mess it up by ordering the fried sweet potatoes. They are a rare menu item in our travels, and delish. Of course Id love a baked sweet potato better.

We are not going home after all. This is one business that has not noticably been affected by the recession. It has, in truth, been harmed, but for now, business is good, and we know we must go with the flow. So we are loading tomatoes and taking them to Calif.
    Buzz, are you exercising today? Be safe and be happy, all you smart sneakers!
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,116 Member
    Options
    My brain is sleeping this week!! I posted on the recipe forum instead of here, but thanks to Marie she set me straight and she thinks she is dumb. :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

Happy Friday!! bigsmile Gloomy day here but it is supposed to get near 80 over the weekend, with rain. explode

Had a busy morning but I did go back to shredding and decided to try level 3, it is a killer and I had to stop on some stuff but hope to work my way to be able to do it all even if it is the beginner level. tongue I am going to go ride the bike to make up for some more calories. We are going to soup and salad at our Church tonight with the 5 year old and her mother. Since I don't know what ingredients are in the soups it might be hard to record so I better have a big leeway. bigsmile

Maddie, continued prayers for you and your mom, I hope you both feel better soon. heart

Gigi, amazing comeback, you are right on track and a good role model. flowerforyou

Marie, thanks for helping me out with that senior moment and forgiving me for making you old. blushing I think your mouse is playing a cat and mouse game with you, but if you still have a warranty it might be best to just take it in and have them look at it for you. love By the way Marie, I loved your picture of the "mature' lady. heart

Deb, thank you for sharing that story. I wish the unhealthy people in my life would listen but it is impossible to control people and if they don't want help there is nothing we can do. cry

Phoebe, in your spare time laugh laugh laugh you can make a chart of our ups and downs.

Buzz, Hip hip hooray!! What a great accomplishment!! We couldn't be more proud of you!!! Not only a beautiful, smart lady with years of experience, but now another goal on its way. flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou Have you tried right clicking on the reply button and open a new window? I put them side by side so I can see all the posts and try to reply to them all. Just a suggestion. heart heart

Elli, glad you got back to hot yoga, you seem to love that more than anything. I don't think I could take the heat, I have to put my ceiling fan on just to do the shred. ohwell So glad you get to spend some time with your soldier and his family. I see on face book that they are trying to withhold pay for our military and hope everyone on face book reads and stops that. angry

Barbie, hope all is going well on your trip. We know for a fact you won't go over on calories and will be walking as much as possible. We miss you but hope you are having fun. flowerforyou

Jackie, that picture was out of this world, is that really the view from your cottage? I was imagining you covered from head to toe in a bee suit with a big mesh face mask, but it doesn't look like that on your profile. blushing I am really good when the kids are around and I tell them the bees won't hurt them, but inside I am afraid someone will get stung. Just one of my silly fears of little creatures. tongue

Connie, OMG, what an amazing weight loss in one week!!! You rock girlfriend!! Isn't it just a great feeling when the scale finally decided to make a move??? All our hard work will pay off, we just have to have patience. I am so happy for you and wish you continued success!!! Now you can go to Victoria Secret and get some of those sexy undies. laugh laugh

Judi, you have such a way with words and recipes, what may I ask is Toad in the hole??? Have fun with number 2 son and his partner. Isn't Fleur the name of the girl from Harry Potter??? Yes, I am a big fan of Harry Potter. blushing

Half the day is done, I still want to ride the bike and take a shower. By then it will be dinner time and I still haven't eaten lunch.
    Where does the time go when we get older????

Have a great day!!
    Options
    SANDY, fortunately, this week, for you,....
    there is no limit to how many senior moments one person can have!

Roflol, and hope you do too!

Just had to say it
  • Sandydur
    Options
    SANDY, fortunately, this week, for you,....
    there is no limit to how many senior moments one person can have!

Roflol, and hope you do too!

Just had to say it

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: And I am glad you did!!!!!
  • debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Another glorious day here in Essex. Sounds like most of us had a great day weather wise. It's meant to be a good one tomorrow too, so I am planning a gardening day. My daughter Kerry is coming round to help and my 2 GD's Jessica & Amelia will be coming too, so not sure how much will get done' cos I have to play with them as well! . So, looking forward to a good day.

I was wondering today how this all got started. Who started it, how long has it been going? Genius:bigsmile:

Buzz: Have I congratulated you already on being a loser? (sorry I think it's near my bed time, can't think straight lol) If not a big congratulations.:bigsmile:

Ellie: What is Hot yoga?

Sandy: I don't know what this 30 day shred is, but it sounds very energetic. BTW are you really 70 or are you using someone elses photo lol.:laugh: You look amazing. Whats your secret?

Phoebe: Thank you for explaining the sodium thingy. I wondered why my weight changes so drastically in 1 day. I have added a sodium checker in my diary. Its allowing me 2500 a day. That seems a lot, is that right do you think? I know what you mean about the unshrinkable tummy. Since hitting menopause I seem to have gained a second tummy lol. When I sit at my desk at work, my 'second tummy' sits on the desk:blushing:

Connie: I will be copying your recipe. I love coleslaw.:smile: Your mum died so young. I can feel the love & tenderness for hervin your post. You must still miss her very much. I lost my mum too about 5 years ago and I know exactly what you mean about picking up the phone.:heart:

Maddie & Grandma: Wishing you both well very soon:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I have tried so many diets over the years, I think I get a bit confused. I knew cheese had to be eaten in moderation, but I got a shock today ,when I decided to have cheese on toast for lunch ( 2 slices at that !). I logged it in my diary and whoah!!! I now have to go do more exercise to burn off some of those calories:sad:

Happy Weekend :bigsmile:
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. :smile: I've enjoyed today because I had DH to myself all day (except when he had work calls but I'm used to that) and I talked to each for my kids and grandkids. Doesn't get better than that....friends and family and lots of :heart: ! :bigsmile: It rained the whole way up, but now it's not raining and it's to get into the 50s tomorrow. There's still some snow laying around, but by the end of the weekend it'll probably be mostly gone. I'm disappointed not to get out and walk today, but I'll do plenty tomorrow.

A while back someone mentioned that there is something on the page to click and you get another window so that you can type your message on one and be going through reading the posts on the other. Can someone remind me how to do that?

Poor Buzz and Marie....these computers are making you :huh: :frown: :angry: :grumble: :explode: Your plight made me have a memory. Years ago when teachers first got computers in our classrooms, it was, of course, a huge challenge because they were not as easy to learn back then as they are now. One of my team members was an old maid teacher long past retirement age. We were in an end-of-year meeting being very frustrated about the computers when she piped up: Computers.....they're like men, can't live with them, can't live without them. It's a line we've all heard, but that was my first time hearing it and coming from that cute, old lady (probably the age I am now!) it was really humorous. :smile:

That's it for now. I'm on DH's computer and he'd like it back!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Happy Birthday to you. Flowers just for you. glad you had a great day.

Marie
    queensphotos001.jpg
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :smile:
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Two things: Deb, I just turned 69 on March 10th so I am not 70 yet!!!! Remember when you were a kid and you were 5 1/2 and then almost 16 and then near 30, well I am 69 and that is my story and I am sticking to it. :laugh: Thanks for the compliment though, we just have good genes in my family. :heart:

Dee, on the bottom of the post where it says reply, right click on it and where it says open link in new window, click on that. Then when both windows are open click on the middle square on top to shrink both windows. Put them side by side and you should be able to scroll down to see everyone's post and then post in your reply box. Understand? Connie was the smart one who told us to do this so she gets the kuddos, not me. Thanks Connie!

Picking up my granddaughter from dance soon, so will check in later.
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Just a quick hello to all; more time tomorrow to post'
    Yep, Sandy, I do that all the time. MADDIE suggested something I might do when I'm too lazy to start Notepad: Copy before clicking on Post. That way, if I lose it, I can at least Paste it back on a new post! You gals are so helpful :bigsmile: :heart:

Deb, thanks for accepting me. I will mull over your suggestion about my DS, too. No time tonight to comment on all the things I read on all your posts, so manana, gals.

And MADDIE, if you are not better than today when tomorrow comes, call your Dr, please? Those meds should be helping :love:

CONNIE, Wow oh WOW! 2.6#. I love it . Bask in the praise; you earned it:drinker:

Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Just a question, at what point will the Big Board close this thread because we have so many posts? ANd will we be warned so we don't fall off?:noway:

Buzz again
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Buzz they will close the thread at 500 post we are to remind Sandy when it gets close to 500. So she can start a new thread. for us. I believe we are at 250 now ao we are half way there. Love you buzz.
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Connie reported:

Actually, the board automatically locks the current thread when it reaches 500 posts, and then creates a new thread on it's own. No one has to do anything. The last post on this thread will have a link to the new thread. Again, it is all done automatically.