Senior Golden Sneakers -April 2011

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    This is the only April 2011 thread. , I see.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,975 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Jake and I got up early to start on the goal of early morning exercise and found it raining too hard to take the dogs for a long walk so we went to the grocery store and walked a bit there.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: at line dance today I taught a beginner dance to Brad Paisley's "All You Really Need is Love"....it went very well

:flowerforyou: I tried Zumba once and I've been line dancing for over six years so it's no secret what I prefer......Zumba seems much faster and more energetic......line dance requires learning steps and patterns and for me, it is a great way to exercise my brain along with my body.
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Hello Sneakers! Or maybe I should say 'Hello Losers'. Jackie, Maddie and Marie!
    Congratulations to you losers! Lol, the only time it feels good to be one!

Marie, I'm so proud of you! You really stuck with it this month, and you are being rewarded with weight loss, and overall better numbers. So glad for you. I hope Camille is able to read the posts here to see your success. Did you email her?

Maddie, see, your little donut sinkhole wasnt so bad! It does give credit to the idea of mixing up calorie intake. GOOD FOR YOU!

Jackie, you are so active, compared to me, wish I could swim and garden with you! Congrats on that slippery pound disappearing!
    It sounds like your spring is our spring too. Is that right?

Sandy, while I was sleeping, we passed thru Tucson. Id like to say I thought of you, but I didnt! Lol! But I did think about how we almost bump into one another in this country. So glad you are soaking up some sun. I wasnt expecting it, but the thermometer registered 101 when we went thru Palm Springs CA. This morning. Whew!

Elli, Even on a good day, Im not coordinated enough for Zumba! I think it would be fun to shake up the routine with a dvd of it. Id be too embarrased to go to a class. Your weather is zig zagging like ours in GA. Too cool to harvest early strawberries, they say. I could have told them that! Its too soon to plant above Atlanta for at least another couple weeks. But people plant anyway, and lose crops to frosts.

Buzz, you are smart to enjoy the vitamin D in such a nice climate, before it gets too hot and mosquitoes move in with their whole clan! I know, the tornadoes never really stop threatening us, just be prepared. We saw a lady in a restaurant the other day, she had a paperback and a portable radio with her. I watched her lean towards the radio to listen to weather updates, and then peak over the top of her book to look out the windows at the sky. I wondered if she had been thru a serious weather event to make her so cautious.

We have just arrived at our destination, it was a hard run to get here. Hopefully, we will get a little break tonight. A hot shower and a good meal sound good right now. A good meal would be just about anything I can eat with a knife and fork, versus grab and go foods.

Now where has Barbs gotten to?
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    :smile:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thank Irene for dropping by.

Sunbonnetsuefrommaddie.gif

Maddie I love this so I copy it and sending it to Irene for she loves to quiltThanks Hope you didn't mind.
  • debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I hope you don't mind but I thought it might be nice to join you ladies. You all seem to have a lot of fun on here, but also give each other a lot of support, which is what I need .:blushing:

I have struggled to lose my weight gain since giving up smoking 21/2 years ago. I always found it reasonably easy to shed a few extra pounds, but then I turned 50 started the menopause and it was down hill from then on in.:sad:

:smile: ellie & pink I have been going to Zumba class for a few weeks now and love it. I tried a few classes and found that some are more aerobic than dance and I prefer the dance. I felt very embarrassed at first and unco-ordinated but no-one cares,
    I have'nt tried line dance but sounds fun too. Any dancing is a feel good exercise I think!:happy:

Hope to get to know you in time:drinker:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello Deb and a nice big welcome to you. You did come to the right place. So glad to have you joing us.
    i am Marie from Texas. I have a lot of issue to make me retain water plus I just plain old eat to much. I didkkeep in under conrol lat month Planning on another good month.
    Be lloing forward to hearing more from you.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Have a good evening.:heart:
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Deb: Glad you took my suggestion...Welcome to the Sneakers!:drinker:

Marie: Share, share and share some more!:flowerforyou:

Maddie :heart:
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I hope you don't mind but I thought it might be nice to join you ladies. You all seem to have a lot of fun on here, but also give each other a lot of support, which is what I need .:blushing:

Welcome, I am a relative newcomer too and I have been made to feel very welcome. It's a very fun group.
  • debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thank you Marie. You all sound such lovely caring ladies and I am so looking forward to getting to know you all.

I must admit I am not very technical so please bear with me. lol

I am sure you will have a great month Marie. I am willing you on:flowerforyou:

I am off to the Royal ballet at Covent Garden tomorrow to watch Swan Lake with my youngest daughter, Georgia she is 14, she is heavily into ballet.

Then in the evening I am going on a hen party:drinker: I am bit concerned about all the possible calories but it would be rude to refuse the lovely chinese food and wine surely! :laugh:

Hope you all have a great weekend:drinker:
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Deb said:
    Hello Everyone,

To which Connie replied:

Welcome aboard Deb. I checked your profile but you don't have a location listed. From your sentence structure and the reference to the Royal Ballet, I'm going to guess you are a Brit. There are a couple of your countrymen (women) who are active on this thread. We tease them at times, and often have to ask for a translation but it is just the sort of thing that makes this forum so much fun.

I'm a 39-year old, trapped in a 69-year old body. Four years ago my husband of 50 years and I left our home state in the north in favor of a more moderate climate in the Missouri Ozarks.

Feel free to aqddress any of us at any time, ask questions or offer suggestions. And watch out because you'll be told to get up off that thang and dance! We are silly, serious, worried and care free - sometimes all in the same day.

Connie
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Anyone else tried the Thomas Bagel Thins? I really love bagels but have been avoiding them due to the calorie content. These are delicious although I don't understand why they cost more and yo9u get less. Just 100 calories each. I also saw Sara Lee Sandwhich Thins but haven't tried them yet.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Deb if you need any help on getting around here We have some very smart ladies that really know how to get arround on the computer. I am not one of them and I have learn so much here. They will be glad to help you.
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Connie, we usually get Thomas' mini bagels. I think they have more calories, but you get a bag full. They stay fresh for a while too. I love the whole wheat with pnut butter on them.

Welcome deb, you will find lots of talkers here. We have learned lots about our NZ, GB, and Canadian friends, and we enjoy every minute of it. Yes, Chinese food is irresistable. When we eat out, we get the steamed foods, but you dont get to choose when someone else provides the food do you? The 'strong' sneakers will tell you how they solve thi dilm..Barbie and Jake, you are good at this!
  • marlouise
    marlouise Posts: 286
    Options
    Hello ladies, thanks Connie for getting this started.

Hope all is well here, I am exhausted, exercises done again today, and diet too. Hope tomorrow is nice, got lots to do. I'll catch you ladies again as soon as I get time.

Good night

Marilyn
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    I haven't forgotten any of you....I am feeling OK....but my poor body is betraying me. Advanced endometrial carcinoma is what they call it. The Dr. said, "We aren't going to cure this, but we have some options." Option 1 is a clinical trial of a new drug, 2 is more chemo, 3 is hormone therapy, and 4 in nothing at all. I will begin the clinical trial next Wednesday. I am keeping track of everyone on the Golden Sneaker thread, but I don't have much to contribute right now. I don't want to be the voice of woe OR the voice of fake cheerfulness. However I am actually in pretty good spirits....not depressed or anything. And I DO have a heavenly father. Thank you so much for your concern. It means a lot to me. Irene
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Great day today!
    Welcome Deb! :smile: You'll love it here.
    :flowerforyou: Marie, job well done!
    :tongue: Can't do Zumba, but I am going to look into line dancing. I used to love doing it and it's a better pace for me than Zumba.
    :flowerforyou: Maddie, you got over your hump and you're doing great. We all have our struggles, even those of us who are trying to get the last pounds off and maintain. It's scary! What you really have going for you is your sense of humor and fun.
    Everyone have a nice evening.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,975 Member
    Options

Then in the evening I am going on a hen party:drinker: I am bit concerned about all the possible calories but it would be rude to refuse the lovely chinese food and wine surely! :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Deb, Welcome to a great group.....we're glad to have you join us.

:flowerforyou: one of the things that helped me lose weight was to stop worrying about what other people thought and politely decline food and drink that were not part of my plan.:bigsmile: people who are allergic to shellfish don't agree to eat shrimp just so they won't be rude and for me, I am "allergic" to a lot of food (it makes me break out in bulges :laugh: ) so I politely decline:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: it takes practice, but it can be done.

:flowerforyou: Dee, the first place to try would be a local Senior Center---there might be line dance classes there ----also look in the local paper under activities and maybe line dance will be listed

:flowerforyou: Irene, I'm glad you checked in with us......say as much or as little as you want, we're interested no matter what :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Connie, thanks for getting the new thread started
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    sort of from March
    to LYNN...Beautiful ode to trees in your... Advice from a Tree By Ilan Shamir , and then to include Joyce Kilmer's, one of my favorites ...what a lovely gift from you! In my book, nothing is as beautiful as Nature :heart: :heart: :heart:

MARIE...waiting right along with you for Jerry's results; hang in there , dahlin' :flowerforyou:

JUDY...you are a howl...poor Missus Guiseppe!:laugh:

ELLI...KNEW you'd love Zumba; how can we not? Just take it easy where it hurts, and forget about "technique". Just sawy to the rhythm of the beat! Sigh, I'm jealous!:embarassed:

BARBIE, you devil you! And don't blame you for hangin onto your treasure. I suspect he feels the same about you, cause we love you, too, both of you!!! :love:

SANDY, if your peekin', we loved your pop-in! Eat and enjoy and forget calories...all that TexMex Yum!!!

CONNIE...blew her stack?????:noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

JACKIE...that 1 pound a week loss is perfect, and should stay off! You're doing fine. Is there a Natalie on this thread?

MARIE...just saw your March success:drinker: WOW, stick with that OA system. Wish I had the guts!

PHOEBE...where are you headed now?

I must have missed some posts, but tomorrow I'll catch up! The different calorie goals each day burned off 2 pounds in 2 days, so I'm back to my lowest and now can start losing more. Lots to go! Hi Marilyn, Deb, and anyone I might have missed...
    Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Hey, IRENE...great to see you and hope things are going well for you! Miss ya:flowerforyou:
    Buzz