can I start a PCOS Vent your frustrations Thread? lol

Options

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Dear PCOS,
    You are the absolute worst. You have ruined my present chance of motherhood, you make weight loss a horrid challenge, and you make my face look like a 15 year old boys'. You make my moods whacky, my menstration heavy or non existant, and my hair thin. But PCOS, you are NOT me, and I will no longer allow you to be the definition of my life. I WILL lose weight, I WILL have a clear face, I WILL one day become the mother I always dreamed.

:drinker:
  • budgetqueen79
    budgetqueen79 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow Cysters! Im considering Ovarian drilling in the future.....Im 26 going on 27 and Its getting down to the nitty gritty time of Conceiving....so....YES I looked up these alternative procedures...just in case....To me...Its disgusting...but I just wanted to know what it feels like to have ovarian drilling done...and what it entails...I can google all I want but it's just not the same as talking to someone who's actually had it done. Any info would help! Thanks so much and as always....I am saying and sending prayers out to all my CYSTERS! I love you all!
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    I am BUMPING my own post.....I just truly feel like this is an Important diagnosis that so many doctors out there are oblivious to....and this is why I am BUMPING tonight...plz regard that I rarely bump this forum.....I am amazed at how many women out there suffer with this!
  • SchnauzerRVN
    SchnauzerRVN Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Dear PCOS

You suck!
    You kept yourself hidden while I was young and on the pill, as soon as I decide to have kids - HELLO!!! I am sick of ovulation tests, blood tests, preg tests, scans etc.... only to be told in a patronising way by my doctor "you just need to loose weight!" HA easier said than done..... oh and not to mention the "you do realise you are at a much higher risk of diabetes and heart disease" great! anything else?
    YES here have some extra facial hair - thats fun, mood swings and a bout of depression plus a serious lack of motivation, Oh and not to mention all the extra weight that makes u feel like an outcast in society anyway.

ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH

anyway thats all off my chest now..... I have started my journey to weight loss, as thats all my doctors will help with. I know I can beat this and still dream of holding my own baby in my arms... maybe one day with a lot of effort, help and support!

Love to all of u suffering with PCOS.
    Happy to have u as a friend
    Em x
  • Krish2313
    Options
    Its like you took the words out of my mouth! My doctor just had me do 6 rounds of clomid and NOTHING. None of the tests even ever showed ovulation. Now they want me to lose weight! UGG Hang in there! That dream that we have will come true!!
  • SchnauzerRVN
    SchnauzerRVN Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Its their answer to everything - just lose weight!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrr
  • everydaypam
    everydaypam Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    PCOS you can bite me! I just finished my period two weeks ago and even though I am on BC to "control" my cycles you decided it would be funny if I had a surprise visit from my friend again today. Plesae don't make this into one of those 2 month events again. I am sick of being in pain, bloated and cranky for such long periods of time. Makes me long for the days before I went on BC when I would only get one a year.
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    I will be out of town for 3 days and 3 nights...but I've been doing so well on my diet/exercise that I decided ...NO MATTER WHAT! I WILL workout every day that I am gone:) no excuses whatsoever! I truly hope and pray that all of you are doing well and sticking with BEATING PCOS's bootay!!!!!!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    dear pcos......thanks to you....I now pluck my chin daily........obsessively. once again ....f you.
  • BamasGirl
    BamasGirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Dear PCOS,

Thank you for making me feel like less of a woman. Thank you for turning my expectations of becoming a mother into mere wishes. Thank you for the excess weight, facial hair and lack of energy. Thank you for all the stress from clomid cycles, ovulation tests and negative pregnancy tests. Oh yeah and thank you for even taking all the fun out of making babies.
    :mad: :mad: :grumble: :explode: :sad:

I HATE YOU!!!!

Die in Hell,
    Bamasgirl
  • starrygirl82
    starrygirl82 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Dear PCOS,
    I hate you. I hate the fact that I will probably never conceive the one thing that I want the most. I started my period at nine years old, and now I'm 29. It has never been normal. I almost DIED because of you. I had to have a blood transfusion after having my period for over three months! My heart couldn't take it, and I almost went into cardiac arrest. You have made my life hell.

I WILL lose weight and beat you! I have been so depressed and so discouraged. Reading all these other posts make me realize I'm not the only one. Thank you for starting this thread!
  • justbeachy01
    justbeachy01 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just want to say...I am so happy I found this thread.

I was just diagnosed today, and it makes sense but I am just upset w/ difficulty w/ weight loss, and all the damn hair, and ugh....I HATE THIS.

please feel free to add me...I would love to talk about this w/ anyone battling it!!!!
  • BamasGirl
    BamasGirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow cysters!

My name is Yvette and I am 25 years old. I was diagnosed with PCOS about a year ago when my husband and I started to worry about why I wasn't getting pregnant. I was like "finally, an explanation as to why I had bad acne, facial hair, and excess weight in junior high." Needless to say, I was not very attractive and of course very depressed. It is really hard to fit in when all of your siblings and most of your family is thin. Of course, they all thought that I just ate too much, even though I was literally starving myself. Now I know why I never lost much weight.

So now that I have my explanation as to why my teenage years were a nightmare, I now have to deal with the infertility problem on top of the acne breakouts, waxing and constant fight with my weight. Never really had regular periods until I went on BC when I was 17 and lost some weight with a low carb diet, which I have gained all back in recent years so my periods are few and far between :mad:. I was started on provera and clomid when I got diagnosed. The provera induced my period and I ovulated (yay!) on 100mg of clomid. After a year of these clomid cycles, still no pregnancy. My GYN referred me to RE and he put me on Metformin last week. The side effects suck, but I hope that it will help me lose weight and help me get that Big Fat Positive that I have been hoping for.

I am sooo glad that I found this thread because no one in my life seems to understand the emotional stress that comes with PCOS. I actually felt some comfort in reading all of your posts, something that I could not find anywhere else.

I want to let you know that you are all beautiful, strong, women and I would love to hear how everything is going. Feel free to send me a friend request and good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • justbeachy01
    justbeachy01 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Also, I would just like to vent about the doc who diagnosed me...

After she told me she couldn't get me on the pill because she wants blood tests first ( I HATE needles) she says, "You're a librarian, go home and research PCOS. I don't have time to go into details."

Umm, isn't she there to give me details!? After the blood work and hopefully some birth control/any other meds, I am for sure changing doctors!
  • pianokeyteeth
    Options
    Thank you, PCOS, for making me feel like less than a woman. For making me feel like I'm some freak of nature existing in-between genders. For making me have to starve myself simply to maintain a weight, much less lose weight. I'm sick of the excess body hair in embarrassing places, it's something no one, let alone a child should have to deal with. For all the times I was laughed at for being overweight on the playground, all the times the other kids would call me 'Hobbit' (because of my disgusting hair growing on my chin and face) and 'Pluto' (because I was as fat as a planet... get it? Isn't that so funny?)

All you do, PCOS, is try to destroy my self-confidence and my dreams of looking and feeling feminine. You are the worst.
    It is more than depressing when I realize you are something I will have to fight tooth-and-claw for the rest of my life.
    I will always have to deny myself a slice of birthday cake while watching all my skinny beautiful friends stuff their faces and stay slim. I will probably have to pop metformin like House pops vicodin today until the day I die. I will always have to look in the mirror and see a hairy, oily face staring back at me with fine, oily, thinning hair on top of my head. I will always feel like a freak of nature and less feminine than I want to feel.

I hate you, PCOS. I do not want you in my life, go curl up and decay.
  • texasmissy
    texasmissy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Dear PCOS,

F you for the acne and F u for the additional hair. F you for making me question if I should even be allowed to procreate. F you for the 1.5 years it took for us to conceive and F you for still being here even after our son was stillborn @ 6mos. F you for the wasted $ on birth control pills when I still thought I could get pregnant and F you for the wasted $ on OPKs and Pregnancy Tests. F you for the daily metformin and finally F you for the excess weight.

F you very much,
    Texas Missy
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    Dear PCOS,

F you for the acne and F u for the additional hair. F you for making me question if I should even be allowed to procreate. F you for the 1.5 years it took for us to conceive and F you for still being here even after our son was stillborn @ 6mos. F you for the wasted $ on birth control pills when I still thought I could get pregnant and F you for the wasted $ on OPKs and Pregnancy Tests. F you for the daily metformin and finally F you for the excess weight.

F you very much,
    Texas Missy
    Im so sorry for your loss! PCOS is the worst most cruel thing I've ever encountered for good women trying to conceive.....I am here for anything you need! Feel free to ask anyone on this thread for support! We are in this together:)
  • dreamincolor87
    Options
    Thank you PCOS, for the acne, the exhaustion, the depression, and the never-ending weight gain. Thank you for seeing fit to grant me facial hair. Apparently you are under the assumption that I should have been a guy. Shows what you know.

Thank you for making it a thousand times harder for me to lose weight than most people on this planet. Thank you for the periods that come once every 3 months....maybe. And thank you, thank you for the very high chance that I won't be able to have children.

I am very happy to find this thread. Not knowing anyone with PCOS, it makes it alot easier hearing what you ladies have to say and knowing you are going through the same things. :smile: