can I start a PCOS Vent your frustrations Thread? lol

Options

Replies

• jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm still new with the PCOS diagnosis and my case is so annoying. My only symptoms is no period and some cysts on my ovaries (not the 'string of pearls') and I'm not insulin resistant. All I can do is lose weight, which happens pretty easily for me, thank goodness.

PCOS is a beast.
  • wickedboots
    Options
    the 'string of pearls'

HA HA HA! I have never heard that. I had my sting of pearls drilled years ago. It did help...but they're baaack.
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    i have PCOS... i still have some carbs. I just don't go crazy. I TRY to be at only 50% of what they recommend and i have lost 34 in 80 days.. but i also haven't had a period since i started this diet. My body is still adjusting to the shock of going off a diet that was more like 80% carbs. And don't give up hope.. i have had 3 kids. They told me from the time i was 16 that i probably would never, but the last dr. appt before i got pregnant with my oldest, he told me that if i wasn't pregnant in 3 months to come back so we could figure out what to do. 6 weeks later i was 5 weeks pregnant... i think because we weren't trying because we expected to NOT get pregnant. Feel free to add me.. i have a few other PCOS women in my FL and they are losing too.
  • hoosier_red
    Options
    PCOS blows, pure and simple. Two years of metformin plus BC pills at age 38 finally got my periods on track for the first time in my life, but I still have the carb issues, the migraines, the geologically slow weight loss, blargh. And don't get me started on the water retention -- oh, that's just SO much fun.
  • carrielynn1981
    Options
    This will sound completely weird and a bit selfish...but, I was blessed to read everyone's stories/posts on here - because as some have said, I felt like I was the only one dealing with PCOS. I never had a "start" to a regular period, then I go without one my entire high school career, then in college boom it shows up full force and without any warning and stays for about 20 days. Occasionally, the period decides to rear it's ugly HEAVY head at the most inopportune times (like walking around a county fair and bleeding through your shorts while your on a first date or right before having a business meeting and having to cancel it) and of course because of not knowing when it'll show up you have no pads or anything to help.

Let's talk body hair...good grief...I feel like I am still finding more and more body hair. What is up with the chin hair? I feel like I pluck and pluck for over an hour each time and when I wake up in the morning...it already started to grow back in. Why? Why o why does someone not make a cream, wax, or something to take care of PCOS chin hair?

I am now 31 and am contemplating having a hysterectomy because of the problems that come when a period comes. Does anyone else get clotting that it large than a dollar coin? Pain in the abdomen that feels like your ovaries are about to explode because they're going into overtime)?

What is the best way of dealing with the chin hair?
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'd be thrilled to get pregnant, but I'm not actively trying just no longer preventing :)

I had 6 small cyst, too small to measure even. *sigh*
  • antigone23
    antigone23 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been diagnosed with PCOS, but I have a different version of it. I'm not insulin resistant and I did not respond to metformin. I don't cut carbs because I don't think it's necessary for me. I have never had regular periods even when I was thin but I definitely have them less and less often, and I have to stay on birth control. I'm hoping losing weight will help. I could not get pregnant on my own, I just don't ovulate often enough, but I was able to conceive with the help of Clomid, Menopur, Ovidril and IUI. It was expensive but thank god it worked. Now I'm wondering if I will be able to have another child, or if I will run out of money first. My worst symptom is hair loss. I'm balding up top and it's so embarrassing. I was put in Spiro but I had an allergic reaction. I also have worse acne at 30 than I did when I was a teenager.
  • glitteringloke
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to MFP and have been having a tremendously difficult time. I was actually on another site but it was so depressing watching my friends there just drop pounds like nothing while I hovered or gained the piddly few I did lose. I was officially diagnosed about 3-4 years ago, though I suspect I've had PCOS for about 15 years (about age 15-16). I've also got hypothyroidism, so I'm slammed with a fun double whammy. For the past 3 years, my endocrinologist and I have been trying to get my levels of all sorts of things in line and they're still not there T_T I've never been much of an over eater (I average about 1300 calories a day), at work, my "desk job" has me running around for about 2-3 miles a day and I'm reaching a pretty emotional low. I just got tested for 17-hydroxyprogesterone levels and those were fine. I've been on regular metformin - but my body didn't break those down, so now i'm on actual brand XR, the spironolactone hasn't really helped the hair IMO (it's bad, i can have a 5'oclock shadow before 5pm). My TSH levels have been within range with the synthroid, so at least that's somewhat under control. My cycle used to be rather consistent at 5-6 weeks apart, but on the spiro, it's anyone's guess.

My mood has been in the tank the past month or so and I'm almost at my wits end. The only time I can remember actually losing anything was a 3 week trip to japan that i came back 5-10lbs lighter. Sadly, I can't make THAT drastic a lifestyle change.
  • lose3stone
    lose3stone Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    PCOS for me = mega hairy (everywhere even after 10 years of laser) and stubborn belly fat..... I've never been given diet advice for the condition but would appreciate some :)

Feel free to add me
  • natalie_1234
    Options
    PCOS ruined my life. My weight doubled from 60kg to 120kg. Miscarriages. Endometrial Hyperplaysia (early stage endometrial cancer). Horrendously painful and heavy periods. Face hair. Emotional instability. Many surgeries, and they damaged my ovaries so much that I will now get early menopause too.

My partner gave up on me when I couldn't fall pregnant. I've given up. My depression is tremendous and I see no point in dating anymore. What have I got to offer a man, except the depressed mess that PCOS left me in. My weight is an embarassment, I can't have children and I'm not a real woman anyway.

I work out 5 times a week - killing myself at the gym. The weight isn't shifting. I am building muscle though. I'll probably end up fat butch looking soon. But I'm not dating anymore anyway so I guess it doesn't matter. I can't really look worse.

Thanks PCOS for taking my children away, for taking my long term partner away, and for stripping me of my confidence. I don't know what more you want of me. I'm fighting as hard as I can, but it's like treading water when you're dropped in the middle of the ocean - you can keep treading and fighting against the water and try to stay afloat - but nomatter what you do, you're still in the middle of the ocean. There are only so many sloggs that one person can be handed. I'm fighting so hard, but it's so hard.
  • Hichiko
    Hichiko Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    PCOS ruined my life. My weight doubled from 60kg to 120kg. Miscarriages. Endometrial Hyperplaysia (early stage endometrial cancer). Horrendously painful and heavy periods. Face hair. Emotional instability. Many surgeries, and they damaged my ovaries so much that I will now get early menopause too.

My partner gave up on me when I couldn't fall pregnant. I've given up. My depression is tremendous and I see no point in dating anymore. What have I got to offer a man, except the depressed mess that PCOS left me in. My weight is an embarassment, I can't have children and I'm not a real woman anyway.

I work out 5 times a week - killing myself at the gym. The weight isn't shifting. I am building muscle though. I'll probably end up fat butch looking soon. But I'm not dating anymore anyway so I guess it doesn't matter. I can't really look worse.

Thanks PCOS for taking my children away, for taking my long term partner away, and for stripping me of my confidence. I don't know what more you want of me. I'm fighting as hard as I can, but it's like treading water when you're dropped in the middle of the ocean - you can keep treading and fighting against the water and try to stay afloat - but nomatter what you do, you're still in the middle of the ocean. There are only so many sloggs that one person can be handed. I'm fighting so hard, but it's so hard.

Oh, sweetheart, you need a hug in the worst way. You aren't alone, though. There are tons of support forums, and then there's those of us that hang around MFP. You ever need to talk, there's more than a few of us who'll listen.
  • Hichiko
    Options
    PCOS for me = mega hairy (everywhere even after 10 years of laser) and stubborn belly fat..... I've never been given diet advice for the condition but would appreciate some :)

Feel free to add me

Ohgod, the hair. Do you get it on your chest, too?
    I swear, the laser did more harm for me than good - the skin irritation was baaaaaad. Eventually, I just took to shaving/using Nair.
    The only "good" thing about the ordeal is that the boyfriend gets a kick out of the fact that we can shave together in the mornings. :\
  • mderrickson
    Options
    I haven't been diagnosed with PCOS but here is my story... Growing up I never had a period the same time of the month and some months i didn't even have one. My doctor had put me on BC to regulate and that would help. But who wants to take pills there whole life just to have a period???? UGh, not me.... So when i was 20 I got pregnant and everything went well... My husband and I have been married now for 3 years and I haven't taken any kind of BC because we wanted a baby of our own.. (other child is out of wedlock) He has a soon and I have a daughter. So i know that both of us can have kids... But since being married we haven't had a child. And have tried very hard... As i am sitting here typing tears are streaming down my face, because this is something i want SOOOOO Bad.. But it looks as if it will never happen. I never have a period at the same time and sometimes it doesn't even come for a long time... My doctor put me on a pill you take for 5 days and then about 2 wks later you have a period I took that for 6 Months to make me have a period every month, but it says that there is like no Chance of you getting pregnant while taking that, so we decided to stop... 3 months ago I had a period then I had it again 3 weeks later.. And now havent had one since then,,.,, I just sit around waiting for it to come... I don't have any insurance beside Family Planning which is free to me and will only pay for check ups every year.. Well next month will be time for my check up again... And I would like to be able to get somethings figured out during this visit as i dont really have the money to do a whole nother visit... My cousin has PCOS and said that I should bring this to my docs attention and i will.... When talkin to my doc last year she said loose some weight and you will get pregant,.. so that is why I started MFP... I am trying my best to do this... She said my weight has alot to do with not being able to get pregnant.. But how is that?? I see lady's bigger than me and they have a baby every year... I don't get this... I just don't understand....Why does it have to be like this.... Why cant i have a baby.... This makes me angry and myself and my husband,, like its all his fault that we cant have babies... Please help me lady's I need some help Coping with this until i go to the doctor...../
  • andro12
    Options

Feel free to add me

Ohgod, the hair. Do you get it on your chest, too?
    I swear, the laser did more harm for me than good - the skin irritation was baaaaaad. Eventually, I just took to shaving/using Nair.
    The only "good" thing about the ordeal is that the boyfriend gets a kick out of the fact that we can shave together in the mornings. :\

Husband says take one of his razors....they work best on the chin hair..

Worst thing was discovering the chest hair for the first time... wearing a low cut shirt look down and think "oh crap..i'm covered in cat hair.." start trying to brush it away and go "um...thats not cat hair!"

Some days I feel like a dude without the dude parts... Used to sing a lot, but with the extra testosterone, I dropped a full octave in my range and don't like to do it anymore

And, just got married to the most wonderful man who says that the hair doesn't matter and he is super supportive, but we both want a little girl.. i was lucky enough when I was 18 to have my son, but he is 10 now and I always wanted him to have siblings...

If anyone wants to add me, I will definitely be there for you guys... I know I could use the motivation!
  • andro12
    Options
    I haven't been diagnosed with PCOS but here is my story... Growing up I never had a period the same time of the month and some months i didn't even have one. My doctor had put me on BC to regulate and that would help. But who wants to take pills there whole life just to have a period???? UGh, not me.... So when i was 20 I got pregnant and everything went well... My husband and I have been married now for 3 years and I haven't taken any kind of BC because we wanted a baby of our own.. (other child is out of wedlock) He has a soon and I have a daughter. So i know that both of us can have kids... But since being married we haven't had a child. And have tried very hard... As i am sitting here typing tears are streaming down my face, because this is something i want SOOOOO Bad.. But it looks as if it will never happen. I never have a period at the same time and sometimes it doesn't even come for a long time... My doctor put me on a pill you take for 5 days and then about 2 wks later you have a period I took that for 6 Months to make me have a period every month, but it says that there is like no Chance of you getting pregnant while taking that, so we decided to stop... 3 months ago I had a period then I had it again 3 weeks later.. And now havent had one since then,,.,, I just sit around waiting for it to come... I don't have any insurance beside Family Planning which is free to me and will only pay for check ups every year.. Well next month will be time for my check up again... And I would like to be able to get somethings figured out during this visit as i dont really have the money to do a whole nother visit... My cousin has PCOS and said that I should bring this to my docs attention and i will.... When talkin to my doc last year she said loose some weight and you will get pregant,.. so that is why I started MFP... I am trying my best to do this... She said my weight has alot to do with not being able to get pregnant.. But how is that?? I see lady's bigger than me and they have a baby every year... I don't get this... I just don't understand....Why does it have to be like this.... Why cant i have a baby.... This makes me angry and myself and my husband,, like its all his fault that we cant have babies... Please help me lady's I need some help Coping with this until i go to the doctor...../

I know exactly what you are going through. I have taken so many pregnancy tests because I thought I was missing my period because I was pregnant which is what I wanted. Doctors all say to go on birth control pills to regulate hormones but that is contradictory to what we want right?

I wish there was something I could say that would make you feel better, but just know that you aren't alone, and that we are all fighting for the same thing and the best thing you can do is stay motivated. I know that's easier said than done, I've started doing MFP a lot in the last 2 years and I haven't gotten anywhere but that's because I didn't stay on track ... This time I will because not only is PCOS an issue but I will go blind if I don't. Please add me if you would like, it would help to stay motivated.

I have cried so much because of PCOS and the lack of baby making... but hopefully it will get better with some weight loss and this is definitely the right place for it.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Oh ladies...I feel you all. *sigh*
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I hate PCOS :(
  • Hichiko
    Options
    Worst thing was discovering the chest hair for the first time... wearing a low cut shirt look down and think "oh crap..i'm covered in cat hair.." start trying to brush it away and go "um...thats not cat hair!"

Is it terrible that I laughed at that? It was pretty much the same with me, though. My mom and I were attending some get-together, and she kept trying to brush at the front of my dress, thinking it was dog hair. Woops.
  • andro12
    Options

Is it terrible that I laughed at that? It was pretty much the same with me, though. My mom and I were attending some get-together, and she kept trying to brush at the front of my dress, thinking it was dog hair. Woops.

I laugh about it now, that was over 3 years ago... then I cried for 3 days lol...now its hilarious :)